Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3473676 times)

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #53920 on: October 22, 2021, 12:28:28 pm »
Question I've asked elsewhere and got no answer to - earliest opportunity I've got to see Dune is probably 2nd November. I want to see it on Imax, L1 is saying on their website it's only screening until 28th October and not showing availability after that. Surely not, one of the biggest releases and cinematic events in years and they're screening for one week only?

Or is this a placeholder and they'll release more times closer to?

They'll have that weeks' showtimes on this coming Monday, cinemas tend to only work one week ahead.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #53921 on: October 22, 2021, 01:46:26 pm »
They'll have that weeks' showtimes on this coming Monday, cinemas tend to only work one week ahead.
Thanks mate.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #53922 on: October 22, 2021, 06:37:55 pm »
Absolutely loved Dune. Really great.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53923 on: October 23, 2021, 07:45:13 pm »
Venom 2 worth a watch? Didn’t mind the first one and it’s got a good cast, what could possibly go wrong?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53924 on: October 23, 2021, 09:43:48 pm »
Dune...

Wow what a brilliant film been waiting since i was 15 and first read the books for it... they better make the 2nd film
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53925 on: October 23, 2021, 11:03:04 pm »
Dune was absolutely brilliant.
Possibly my favourite book and finally they've made a film worthy of it.
Visually one of the most impressive sci-fi films I've seen and the actors are great. Score is fantastic as well.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #53926 on: October 25, 2021, 08:44:35 pm »
Oh they have actually called it 5? Still not watching it, Although for a horror, Courtney Cox does look scary as fuck!
They haven't, it's title is just 'Scream'.

My apologies, apparently it really is only 'Scream.' All the trailers on YouTube have it as Scream 5 so I was confused. But either way it's a sequel. At least the trailers show as much. All the original actors, "it's happening again" etc, etc.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53927 on: October 25, 2021, 10:53:29 pm »
Dune is the first film to get me into a cinema since the Pandemic hit.  Though, I'll be back again this week to see the French Dispatch.

Absolutely wonderful.  It's been decades since I read the book, but the movie is as true to the tone of it as you could hope for.  Villeneuve is an absolute master of sci-fi - he doesn't make films, he builds worlds. Every ship and building felt like it was made by some otherworldly civilisation rather than some CGI nerd.

Thought that the casting was spot on. Chalamet, in particular, surprised me - he's got more range than I thought. The odd bit of clunky dialogue but most of that can be blamed on the source material as much as anything.

I liked but didn't love the score. Zimmer went for the obvious, I thought - too many arabesque chords for the desert bits. It was better when he was pushing synths to the front. Still, it was always going to be underscore when you've got a film that's such a visual delight.

If they don't sequel this, Warner Bros Studios needs to be burned to the ground.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #53928 on: October 26, 2021, 06:22:29 pm »
Excited to see Last Night in Soho and French Dispatch this week. Good to have movies back.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53929 on: October 26, 2021, 06:43:36 pm »
Excited to see Last Night in Soho

Saw the trailer for this at the weekend

Looks interesting.  Could go either way I reckon.

Offline On Axis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53930 on: October 26, 2021, 07:08:30 pm »
Saw the trailer for this at the weekend

Looks interesting.  Could go either way I reckon.
Wright can be hit or miss for me. Loved the Cornetto trilogy for the most part, but was kind of cold on Scott Pilgrim. Didn't have much interest in Baby Driver.

Also, appears Dune pt 2 was greenlit. https://deadline.com/2021/10/dune-sequel-greenlit-by-legendary-warner-bros-theatrical-release-1234862383/

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53931 on: October 28, 2021, 12:06:25 pm »
I guess they are going for this is the real story of the person that the toy in toystory was based on.

I must admit the trailer was a lot different to what i was expecting.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JRJ1IUVgreY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JRJ1IUVgreY</a>

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53932 on: October 28, 2021, 12:09:15 pm »
I guess they are going for this is the real story of the person that the toy in toystory was based on.

I must admit the trailer was a lot different to what i was expecting.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JRJ1IUVgreY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JRJ1IUVgreY</a>
Didn't even know they were doing this. Looks great.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53933 on: October 28, 2021, 12:49:24 pm »
That looks fantastic.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Zee_26

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53934 on: October 28, 2021, 03:32:33 pm »
I hope Emperor Zurg is still the villain.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53935 on: October 28, 2021, 03:38:49 pm »
Yeah that looks great, reminds me of being a kid.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53936 on: October 29, 2021, 11:19:18 pm »
Army of thieves. Decent enough watch.

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #53937 on: November 1, 2021, 02:30:07 pm »
Last night in Soho - Pretty good actually, its the type of film where the dread escalates as the film progresses and keeps you second guessing wtf is going on next, Excellent all round from all the leads, Anya Taylor Joy is something else though and completely engaging. 8/10
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53938 on: November 1, 2021, 06:25:40 pm »
Watched Army Of Thieves last night and found it a bit Meh.

Won't be watching that ever again.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53939 on: November 1, 2021, 11:38:59 pm »
Watched Army Of Thieves last night and found it a bit Meh.

Won't be watching that ever again.

Blatantly just an origin story to set up the “franchise” while they work on the sequel.

Apparently, it was going to be produced without a score until Hans Zimmer got involved...
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #53940 on: November 2, 2021, 06:35:08 am »
Watched ‘Calibre’ (2018) last night set in Scotland (Netflix). I won’t say anything about it, except to say it was one the best films I’ve seen in a long time. If you haven’t seen it, I’d recommend it, but try not to read up anything about it beforehand and avoid any trailers. It’s a film that’s best experienced cold with no preconceptions or spoilers giving away the plot.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #53941 on: November 2, 2021, 09:38:48 am »
Watched ‘Calibre’ (2018) last night set in Scotland (Netflix). I won’t say anything about it, except to say it was one the best films I’ve seen in a long time. If you haven’t seen it, I’d recommend it, but try not to read up anything about it beforehand and avoid any trailers. It’s a film that’s best experienced cold with no preconceptions or spoilers giving away the plot.

Nice I'll give it a go
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #53942 on: November 2, 2021, 11:39:41 am »

Can you at least give a genre for the film?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #53943 on: November 2, 2021, 12:43:07 pm »

Can you at least give a genre for the film?
Yes, sorry…it’s a drama/ thriller.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53944 on: November 3, 2021, 10:02:00 am »
Dune on the IMAX in L1. I thought it was great, really enjoyed the setting, really vivid world building. My girlfriend hated it.

Honestly when they get to the Fremen I thought about an hour or so had gone, it was really well paced and thought out considering it’s length.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53945 on: November 5, 2021, 09:04:55 pm »
Just watched Finch it was ok but it was movie making by numbers.

You know how the film will end with in the first 15 miinutes
« Last Edit: November 5, 2021, 09:10:07 pm by Trada »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53946 on: November 5, 2021, 09:43:10 pm »
Watched 'The Harder They Fall' on Netflix earlier a really fun Western with Jonathan Majors, Idris Elba, and Lakeith Stanfield.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53947 on: November 6, 2021, 03:58:53 am »
Old Henry is a great Western. 1906 Oklahoma so the epoch is almost over, the film starts with the kid bitching they haven’t got a tractor, some nifty dialogue and an expected finale, sort of.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #53948 on: November 7, 2021, 09:42:01 am »

Enjoyed this last night.

Two lads go hunting in Scotland, which ends up going badly wrong.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #53949 on: November 7, 2021, 11:42:17 am »
Finally got round to watching Free Guy. Knew it was going to be a light on logic and mindless affair but God that was a hot mess.

Basically Electric Dreams for this generation, just people throwing ideas about 'wow computers can do things, and if you put an axe to them, certain parts of their world will slowly dissolve, while others are still perfectly functional'.

The acting was fine all round, effects nice, but the frenetic pace, quick cuts, random nonsense and mindless 'plot' was just way too much.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53950 on: November 7, 2021, 03:20:53 pm »
Will watch that tonight i think, give the new season of Narcos a little break.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53951 on: November 8, 2021, 02:19:12 pm »
Bond is released tomorrow & Venom on the 23rd
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53952 on: November 9, 2021, 08:21:41 pm »
Bond is released tomorrow & Venom on the 23rd

Yes both the bond film and Shang-Chi are about now.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53953 on: November 10, 2021, 09:33:07 pm »
The james bond film drags on a bit felt like i have been watching for a couple of hours and it was only 75 minutes gone.

I almost feel like fast forwarding it

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53954 on: November 10, 2021, 10:17:48 pm »
And what was up with that foggy forest in the film?

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #53955 on: November 11, 2021, 03:25:29 am »
Yes both the bond film and Shang-Chi are about now.

just watched shang chi - fucking loved it
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #53956 on: November 11, 2021, 10:43:16 am »
Bit gutted. I wanted to watch that Last Night in Soho, but due to recent events and visiting hours I didn't get a chance and it's gone off already :(  (only viewing time fucking 14:00 wtaf)

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #53957 on: November 11, 2021, 11:54:34 am »
The Harder They Fall on Netflix is cracking fun. I'm a sucker for a Western anyway but Jonathan Majors, Idris Elba, Regina King and Lakeith Stanfield? Yeah, sign me up. An entertaining spin on a neglected genre with some genuinely amazing shots and a really interesting soundtrack.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53958 on: November 11, 2021, 11:56:38 am »
just watched shang chi - fucking loved it

Im looking forward to watching it tonight and then Red Notice is released tomorrow the next film after I will watch.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2021, 11:59:34 am by Trada »

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #53959 on: November 11, 2021, 04:40:47 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/D_0vHst5670" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/D_0vHst5670</a>