Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - THE OLD (CRAP) THREAD THAT'S GOING IN THE BIN  (Read 147031 times)

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - GODDAG DAMSGAARD
« Reply #1520 on: August 3, 2021, 01:34:44 pm »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1521 on: August 3, 2021, 01:40:29 pm »
Linked with Matheus Pereira , seems he wants to leave West Brom.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1522 on: August 3, 2021, 01:45:12 pm »
Linked with Matheus Pereira , seems he wants to leave West Brom.

Off to Saudi isn't he - or at least that's where he wants to go.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1523 on: August 3, 2021, 01:50:44 pm »
Off to Saudi isn't he - or at least that's where he wants to go.

From reading all of that and his post, I don't think he wants to go Saudi. He said he received the offer and it was life changing but he's not gonna move if West Brom are not paid what they are due and Al Hilal have been trying to lowball West Brom. Also so one of his journo friends saying he wants to play in the Premier League and the Saudis if they pay the right fee are the last option he'd take
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1524 on: August 3, 2021, 01:52:48 pm »
Simon Hughes on The Athletic's podcast made mention of one player during the show in relation to transfers.

Jarrod Bowen.

:wave  ;)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: August 3, 2021, 01:53:09 pm »
Liverpool are "in the mix" for Marco Asensio, but they face competition from Spurs and Arsenal.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: August 3, 2021, 02:00:55 pm »

Liverpool are "in the mix" for Marco Asensio, but they face competition from Spurs and Arsenal.

Back to the good old days of 'Spurs linked with Liverpool linked player'.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: August 3, 2021, 02:21:22 pm »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1528 on: August 3, 2021, 02:22:00 pm »
Asensio….

We’re always linked to him.  It never has a grain of truth in it.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1529 on: August 3, 2021, 02:22:23 pm »

Doesn’t feel like the sort of signing we’d mKe these days. Talented player but where would he play for us. One for the North London rabble to fight over.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1530 on: August 3, 2021, 02:24:09 pm »
Was gonna say thats a pure Arsenal signing if ever I saw one. Doesn't look like he's returned from his ACL rupture in particularly good form.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: August 3, 2021, 02:33:42 pm »
Shaqiri has an interview on the LFC website saying he’s targeting major honours with us this year. Mixed signals here, I think if he was sure he will leave he wouldn’t have given that interview. Either he’s had a change of heart, or he’s been told no one is willing to stump up the cash.
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 02:37:03 pm by Bend It Like Aurelio »

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1532 on: August 3, 2021, 02:34:39 pm »
Shapiro has an interview on the LFC website saying he’s targeting major honours with us this year. Mixed signals here, I think if he was sure he will leave he wouldn’t have given that interview. Either he’s had a change of heart, or he’s been told no one is willing to stump up the cash.

We signed Ben Shapiro?  Good right-wing back up I suppose.  ;D
King Kenny.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1533 on: August 3, 2021, 02:35:22 pm »
Shapiro has an interview on the LFC website saying he’s targeting major honours with us this year. Mixed signals here, I think if he was sure he will leave he wouldn’t have given that interview. Either he’s had a change of heart, or he’s been told no one is willing to stump up the cash.

It took me a few secs to work out who Shapiro was ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1534 on: August 3, 2021, 02:35:44 pm »
I assumed Helen Shapiro
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: August 3, 2021, 02:38:41 pm »
It took me a few secs to work out who Shapiro was ;D

Oops. Fixed.

I am no way endorsing Ben Shapiro here. Honest.  ;D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1536 on: August 3, 2021, 02:39:43 pm »
Rumours that Ben Davies is training with the u23s and is available for transfer with a couple of clubs interested. (He flew home for 'personal issue' a day or two ago didn't he?)

Am guessing this is an 'unreliable narrator'.   
https://twitter.com/rome77lfc/status/1422523005230620674

Quote from: 'some bloke off twitter'
Ben Davies currently training at Kirkby with U23’s very likely he will play in a friendly this week and more importantly is available for transfer, Sheff Utd and Celtic interested.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1537 on: August 3, 2021, 02:43:04 pm »
Rumours that Ben Davies is training with the u23s and is available for transfer with a couple of clubs interested. (He flew home for 'personal issue' a day or two ago didn't he?)

The bizarre saga continues. I'm not sure whether I feel sorry for the bloke or not.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: August 3, 2021, 02:44:18 pm »
Shaqiri has an interview on the LFC website saying he’s targeting major honours with us this year. Mixed signals here, I think if he was sure he will leave he wouldn’t have given that interview. Either he’s had a change of heart, or he’s been told no one is willing to stump up the cash.

A bit of a challenge to sell our squad players - if clubs like Villa are buying up all the 20M players  across Europe it makes it difficult for us to move on H Wilson, Origi, Shaqiri,  N Williams, Nat Philipps?

Karius - can we not give him away to someone and pay 70% of his wages)?

I did see us trying to swap Origi and or Joel Matip for Guido Rodriguez of Betis? I suppose this is also a way of getting an (attacking) midfielder  & moving on squad players - or is he more a defensive midfielder and agent/club trying to link him to generate interest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: August 3, 2021, 02:46:54 pm »

I'm pretty sure he was bought as a complete punt, in the knowledge we'd be able to flog him at a profit anyway. I just dont buy the 'he was injured' or 'he needed time to get used to how we play' excuse for literally playing zero minutes for us in six months, when we were racked with injuries and he was on the bench numerous times.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: August 3, 2021, 02:47:17 pm »
The bizarre saga continues. I'm not sure whether I feel sorry for the bloke or not.

I feel sorry for him, he’s got the opportunity of a lifetime and it didn’t work out, he didn’t even get the chance to show what he can do in a game for us, hopefully he finds a good club and he has been able to learn a lot so the time was well spent

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: August 3, 2021, 02:48:59 pm »
A bit of a challenge to sell our squad players - if clubs like Villa are buying up all the 20M players  across Europe it makes it difficult for us to move on H Wilson, Origi, Shaqiri,  N Williams, Nat Philipps?

Karius - can we not give him away to someone and pay 70% of his wages)?

I did see us trying to swap Origi and or Joel Matip for Guido Rodriguez of Betis? I suppose this is also a way of getting an (attacking) midfielder  & moving on squad players - or is he more a defensive midfielder and agent/club trying to link him to generate interest.

You never know, but I'm pretty sure we're not going to go for a 27 year old who has had one full season at a semi-decent level.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: August 3, 2021, 02:52:04 pm »
I feel sorry for him, he’s got the opportunity of a lifetime and it didn’t work out, he didn’t even get the chance to show what he can do in a game for us, hopefully he finds a good club and he has been able to learn a lot so the time was well spent
I do for those reasons, but then I think that he's gone from League Two to Premier League Champions within 2 years, whilst having the opportunity to train alongside our players and under Jurgen Klopp. It's a massive boost to his CV and probably made him worth double what we paid. Still one of the oddest transfers we've made in my lifetime though, and I lived through Stephen Caulker and I saw both of Paul Jones' games for us.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: August 3, 2021, 02:53:19 pm »
I'm pretty sure he was bought as a complete punt, in the knowledge we'd be able to flog him at a profit anyway. I just dont buy the 'he was injured' or 'he needed time to get used to how we play' excuse for literally playing zero minutes for us in six months, when we were racked with injuries and he was on the bench numerous times.

You're not pretty sure though, are you? You're speculating really. I do think the 'free hit' aspect applies though (same as for Minamino).

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: August 3, 2021, 02:54:49 pm »
You're not pretty sure though, are you? You're speculating really. I do think the 'free hit' aspect applies though (same as for Minamino).

I just  think he wasn't good enough, we bought him out of desperation but probably saw that he was behind others in terms of ability.

I don't see why the club would buy him just so they can sell him. We were in a tight spot, we took a low gamble, but the quality wasn't there that was required.

« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 03:06:40 pm by deFacto please, you bastards »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: August 3, 2021, 03:00:27 pm »
Oops. Fixed.

I am no way endorsing Ben Shapiro here. Honest.  ;D

Phew :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1546 on: August 3, 2021, 03:01:29 pm »

Pretty sure in my own head :)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: August 3, 2021, 03:02:38 pm »
I do for those reasons, but then I think that he's gone from League Two to Premier League Champions within 2 years, whilst having the opportunity to train alongside our players and under Jurgen Klopp. It's a massive boost to his CV and probably made him worth double what we paid. Still one of the oddest transfers we've made in my lifetime though, and I lived through Stephen Caulker and I saw both of Paul Jones' games for us.

We also had the likes of Menninger and Lonergan in our squad in recent years. Don’t think the Davis transfer was that odd considering our situation at the time. Who knew Williams and Phillips would have done the job for us then.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1548 on: August 3, 2021, 03:06:49 pm »

Yep, you would like to think he will have learned a lot

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: August 3, 2021, 03:10:07 pm »
We also had the likes of Menninger and Lonergan in our squad in recent years. Don’t think the Davis transfer was that odd considering our situation at the time. Who knew Williams and Phillips would have done the job for us then.
Manninger and Lonergan were 3rd/4th choice keepers designed to bring their experience to the squad and assist with the training of the Keepers who actually stood a chance of playing a game. Not odd signings really when you look at players like Grant at Utd, Carson at City, Heaton at Utd so on and so forth. Davies was a left field purchase of a second-division player playing in a struggling side, when absolutely nobody had linked us to him, or saw anything in his numbers to suggest he was a Liverpool player. We brought him in as a desperate punt, then despite having only midfielders and teenagers to call on, did not play him when there was a glaring need in his specialist position. He did not see a single minute. I agree on the aspect of 'who knew' that Williams and Phillips would step up. Well, no one really, which is why we went for Davies and Kabak in the first place.

Now, he's not even in France with the first team for some unspecified personal reason and is being linked away to the second division again or to Scotland, for a small uplift on the nominal fee we paid out for him 8 months ago. This being despite the time and effort put into recruiting and coaching him. I'd say all in all it's pretty bizarre, certainly more so than adding experienced professionals to the dressing room in a role that is never truly likely to be utilised in a match of any meaning.

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
« Reply #1550 on: August 3, 2021, 03:12:55 pm »
I assumed Helen Shapiro

Then we’ll be Walking Back to Happiness, I’ll get me coat! ;D
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #1551 on: August 3, 2021, 03:13:19 pm »

Problem with Ben Shapiro is that he's useless on a wet pitch...

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1552 on: August 3, 2021, 03:16:07 pm »
Shaq talking about targeting big trophies WITH us and apparently we want £20 mill for Origi.

Who else can we sell to free up squad spaces :lmao otherwise its gonna be a quiet summer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1553 on: August 3, 2021, 03:20:30 pm »
Shaq talking about targeting big trophies WITH us and apparently we want £20 mill for Origi.

Who else can we sell to free up squad spaces :lmao otherwise its gonna be a quiet summer

We could sell Ben Shapiro I guess.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1554 on: August 3, 2021, 03:22:18 pm »

Davies out, probably Shaq on loan. Keep Origi and Taki, get some new contracts sorted for our top guns and then keep our powder dry for next summer

Can't moan at that, can you?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1555 on: August 3, 2021, 03:26:08 pm »
We could have got £20 million, maybe even 30, for Origi in 2019. Considering COVID and his lack of impact since then, I'd take £10-15m now and just let him get on with his career. Another year on the sidelines with the occasional outing on the wing isn't good for us, or for him. I can't imagine anyone spending £20 million on him this summer.

Summer of 2019 would have been a good time for him to leave. Confidence high after the last few months of the season, and his stock high.

Alternative is using him in some kind of swap deal if we can't find a buyer, I guess.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1556 on: August 3, 2021, 03:26:47 pm »
Anything above £10m for Origi and we should be snatching their hands off.  Same with Shaqiri.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1557 on: August 3, 2021, 03:26:47 pm »
Davies out, probably Shaq on loan. Keep Origi and Taki, get some new contracts sorted for our top guns and then keep our powder dry for next summer

Is this your first day on RAWK?  ;D

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1558 on: August 3, 2021, 03:28:10 pm »

We would be about 2 injuries away from major issues again IMO

Would look a big risk I reckon when you consider our options within the squad. We rely hugely on the front 3

Where would the money next summer be coming from? We would still be relying on sales no? How much have we made this summer if what you've said in your post happens?
« Last Edit: August 3, 2021, 03:30:30 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1559 on: August 3, 2021, 03:28:47 pm »

:jester  Good one!!!! Please witness the following 9-137 pages!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias