Author Topic: Crystal Palace  (Read 18702 times)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Crystal Palace
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2021, 12:01:19 am »
Colin has managed Palace twice already

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2021, 02:17:09 pm »
I reckon they'll hire an Alan Pardew/Steve Bruce/Tony Pulis/Colin Wanker/Mark Hughes and spectacularly fail next season and go down. They've grossly mismanaged their situation. Knowing Hodgson's age and the fact that sooner or later he was going to retire and not plan for it is awful. That and the player contract situation.

Dont be silly. We have already employed and fallen out with all the Usual Suspects.
Except for H*gh*s but even we arent that stupid.

The next manager will be dougie freedman by default.
We will be bottom at christmas and then we’ll appoint someone promising for a championship rebuild.

Offline Fortneef

• Palace Fan. Punka wallah?
  • Kopite
« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2021, 02:23:39 pm »
The player contract situation is just a symptom
of the managerial fiasco.

All of the out of contract players were being paid more than they are worth now so we really needed a new manager to decide who is worth what.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2021, 12:05:46 pm »
Patrick Vieira to be the new Palace manager, says David Ornstein. Although until it's official...

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2021, 12:10:51 pm »
Patrick Vieira to be the new Palace manager, says David Ornstein. Although until it's official...
Tenner on them going down then.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2021, 12:11:08 pm »
Someone is appointing a manager? Waheyyy!! Good luck to him, going to be a challenging job I think given the circumstances but I don't mind them and like Selhurst as cramped as it is!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2021, 12:24:14 pm »

The speed of this suggests, either they are doing this very rushed or made sure they had an alternative if they couldn't come to terms with Favre

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2021, 01:12:57 pm »
Makes it look like his gig with ITV was his main priority and he's only happy to be announced now France are out.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2021, 01:17:54 pm »
Makes it look like his gig with ITV was his main priority and he's only happy to be announced now France are out.

Or he didn't want to have questions about Palace while on ITV which would be weird if he was announced and then they ignored it.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2021, 01:23:35 pm »
Or he didn't want to have questions about Palace while on ITV which would be weird if he was announced and then they ignored it.
OR, although unlikely, Parish was so desperate that he decided that whoever was on his screen when he turned the telly on was getting offered the job. He was two channels away from offering it to Andy Murray.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #90 on: June 29, 2021, 01:25:41 pm »
OR, although unlikely, Parish was so desperate that he decided that whoever was on his screen when he turned the telly on was getting offered the job. He was two channels away from offering it to Andy Murray.

2 the other way and Alf Stewart would be on the sidelines.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: June 29, 2021, 01:25:41 pm »

I genuinely use this tactic when picking horses to back when I'm in the pub. Have had plenty of success with it in the past. Literally just look up, and whatever name I notice first is the one I back.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 29, 2021, 01:27:04 pm »
2 the other way and Alf Stewart would be on the sidelines.

With Mark Hughes as his assistant

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 29, 2021, 01:31:17 pm »

Not keen on the new training gear, but the announcement video looks like it could be a good 'un.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: June 29, 2021, 03:24:14 pm »
With Mark Hughes as his assistant

Is that Madge?
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #95 on: June 29, 2021, 03:29:28 pm »
Is that Madge?

Is that...how dare you!

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 1, 2021, 08:23:39 am »
The speed of this suggests, either they are doing this very rushed or made sure they had an alternative if they couldn't come to terms with Favre

I suspect the likes of Favre and Frank Lampard swerved this due to the amount of squad building needed.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #97 on: July 1, 2021, 07:20:42 pm »
Are they offering odds on whether he'll last longer than De Boer did?  Fat Sam has to be licking his lips already knowing another pay day is soon to be at hand.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #98 on: July 4, 2021, 12:41:29 pm »
Weird appointment

Would they have appointed him if he hadn’t been a great player?  I think not.

Mind you, having another black manager in the league is a positive.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #99 on: July 4, 2021, 01:10:04 pm »
Weird appointment

Would they have appointed him if he hadn’t been a great player?  I think not.

Mind you, having another black manager in the league is a positive.
Bizarre appointment and like you say, one made almost entirely off the back of his incredible playing career. Vieira for me was second only to Gerrard as the best midfielder the Premier League has seen.

In terms of his management credentials though.. it’s mediocre reading, at best. He did quite well with New York City, they of the advantages bought by being part of the City group. He then did okay in his first season at Nice (7th with maybe the 5th best squad in the division) without ripping up any trees and then the season after they went into absolute free fall and he was sacked after 5 losses in a row in streak of 1 win in 12, despite significant investment into the squad. So it’s a touch strange to see Palace give him the reins. He interviewed for the Newcastle job a while back and apparently excused himself from the running over the club’s transfer plans - surely Palace aren’t exactly in a position to lavish signings upon him.

It will be interesting to say the least.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 4, 2021, 03:22:04 pm »
the pundits all willing him to fail surely

get the old guard in big sam, pardew, hughes will be waiting for the job the moment palace and viera look like struggling

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 4, 2021, 03:29:19 pm »
Apparently the main champion of Vieira was their sporting director Dougie Freeman.  I'm used to most of the Premier League sporting directors being exotic foreign sorts that I just assume have wonderful CVs.  Freedman's CV is an impressive but not stellar playing career, short and uneventful managerial career, bit of a break from the game and then sporting director gig.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 4, 2021, 05:56:18 pm »
the pundits all willing him to fail surely

get the old guard in big sam, pardew, hughes will be waiting for the job the moment palace and viera look like struggling

Ex pro with a bit of character around him, he's part of the Premier League 'folklore'. I think most will be wanting him to succeed.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 4, 2021, 06:01:55 pm »
Fat Sam in after 6 games  ;)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #104 on: July 4, 2021, 06:53:38 pm »
I support this appointment whole heartedly. PL has been under represented by BAME managers and I hope he would do well.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: July 4, 2021, 08:21:33 pm »
I support this appointment whole heartedly. PL has been under represented by BAME managers and I hope he would do well.
Very much this but also it's a very refreshing appointment, I'm delighted the circle of losers has ceased momentarily.

With Rafa and Vieira joining the PL it makes it all more interesting.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #106 on: July 4, 2021, 08:23:38 pm »
Palace barely have an XI to field. There must be some kind of master plan which we all don’t know yet.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: July 4, 2021, 08:41:56 pm »
Think he is on a hiding to nothing here. Obviously wish him all the best
« Last Edit: July 4, 2021, 08:52:01 pm by Clayton Bigsby »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #108 on: July 4, 2021, 08:43:32 pm »
Palace barely have an XI to field. There must be some kind of master plan which we all don’t know yet.

their squad situation really is mad. They seem to have 16 players in their first team squad at the moment. That includes like likes of Nathan Ferguson who’s never even played a game for them due to long term injury - and is still injured. And James McArthur who hasn’t played for ages either (injured I guess?). Martin Kelly who also doesn’t seem to feature for them these days. And JP Mateta who I think they have an obligation to buy, yet he barely featured or made an impact last season after arriving on loan. And Jaroslaw Jach - who at 27 has only ever played 1 game for them, and spent last season on loan in Poland.

And so far the only player have have signed is Jacob Montes who they signed on a free from an American university!

Viera has one heck of a job on his hands.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 4, 2021, 08:52:36 pm »
Hope he does well. Would be good to see more black managers at a good level in the game, there are very few and I do like him, doesn't always translate into great management but he speaks well and is actually interesting to listen to his view of the game.

Get the feeling a young player like Eze will learn a lot from someone like Vieira

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: July 4, 2021, 09:08:40 pm »
Good to see the usual suspects not getting this job.

What makes me laugh is they do their punditry and say they are waiting for the right job, the "right job" for them is a plum midtable no expectations PL one, the other week BFS was hawking himself on SSN about how he's ready for a job.

Not one of these Dinosaurs would risk taking a job in the Championship.

I hope Viera is a great success there, the PL needs a new blood of young and upcoming managers.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #111 on: July 4, 2021, 10:00:02 pm »
Will all end in tears I fear. Tears for fears even.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 4, 2021, 11:46:38 pm »
If this appointment goes wrong (and it probably will given the shitshow Vieira is walking into) they may as well rebrand themselves officially as Richmond FC and get Ted Lasso in.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 4, 2021, 11:51:18 pm »
Hope he does well. Would be good to see more black managers at a good level in the game, there are very few and I do like him, doesn't always translate into great management but he speaks well and is actually interesting to listen to his view of the game.

Get the feeling a young player like Eze will learn a lot from someone like Vieira

Eze is out injured long term, isn't he? He may not return to fitness during Vierra's tenure...

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #114 on: July 5, 2021, 12:42:47 am »
A bit left field but at least it’s a new face and maybe new tactics. Good luck to him.
#JFT97

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #115 on: July 5, 2021, 12:56:01 am »
Will all end in tears I fear. Tears for fears even.

Evieira wants to rule the world...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #116 on: July 5, 2021, 04:32:21 am »
An absolute shit show of an appointment. He'll be sacked before November. They'll then appoint a "firefighter" like Allardyce who they probably would have been better off with from the start but won't recover and will go down.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #117 on: July 5, 2021, 05:10:24 am »
If this appointment goes wrong (and it probably will given the shitshow Vieira is walking into) they may as well rebrand themselves officially as Richmond FC and get Ted Lasso in.
Funnily enough Richmond have been the best team in the Australian Football League for the past 4 years and have 3 out of the last 4 Premierships though prior to that they spent a long time being kind of a shambles.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #118 on: July 5, 2021, 08:37:24 am »
Evieira wants to rule the world...

👌

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 5, 2021, 09:14:42 am »
I hope he does well; as mentioned BAME managers are massively underrepresented in the Premier League and top level football as a whole.

Further, in general it is good to see that the usual carousel of shit English managers is seemingly now ended. Previously it would be guaranteed that these type of jobs would be reserved for Pardew, Hughes, Fat Sam, etc, on a rotating basis. Now it seems all of them can't actually get a job other than Fat Sam on a saviour mission

Having said that, Vierra is going to have a tough time with this squad and his experience. I wish him the best of luck but I can't see it being a long appointment unfortunately. Hopefully he proves me wrong (enough to continue the supposed Man City plan from years ago of him being the next successor, but not good enough to actually be a good successor to City  ;D)