Author Topic: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”  (Read 314992 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The 2021 Formula 1 “Gives you whinge…”
« Reply #3240 on: August 1, 2021, 09:46:44 pm »
Well I think that kind of sums it up.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3241 on: August 1, 2021, 09:50:18 pm »
Dr's have no idea what they're looking for when it comes to Long Covid. No one really does. Just because Mane had tests doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

Probably because of how the NHS works.

Long covid comes and goes in waves. There are not many days that I don't feel it to some extent, even if that's only like 5% (I know exactly what Lewis means about never having felt right since) but you just get on with it. You can deal. Then sometimes the wave rises and it just fucks you good. So you try and see a doctor, but due to the way the NHS is (currently even worse) by the time you actually see a doctor or get tests, the worst has passed.

Not criticising the NHS, love  them to death, it's just frustrating.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3242 on: August 1, 2021, 10:04:07 pm »
Probably because of how the NHS works.

Long covid comes and goes in waves. There are not many days that I don't feel it to some extent, even if that's only like 5% (I know exactly what Lewis means about never having felt right since) but you just get on with it. You can deal. Then sometimes the wave rises and it just fucks you good. So you try and see a doctor, but due to the way the NHS is (currently even worse) by the time you actually see a doctor or get tests, the worst has passed.

Not criticising the NHS, love  them to death, it's just frustrating.

It's more to do with it being a completely new issue and no one really knows how to treat it properly. We're getting better but we aren't there yet. We used to do graded exercise programmes for those with long covid but we now know this makes things worse so we now know that people need to do exercise and activity within their energy envelope for that day, don't use up all your energy tokens as that's what's the main driver behind post exertions malaise. It can certainly be managed fairly well now but it'll be much better managed in the next few years.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3243 on: August 1, 2021, 10:11:22 pm »
Puts Mane’s struggles last season into perspective.

Said it several times last season his performances had fallen off a cliff after he had Covid.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #3244 on: August 1, 2021, 10:12:42 pm »
Anyway. Enjoy the summer break everyone. See you all for Spa

I'll just leave with a few hand granades  :P

The crash at Silverstone should have been a racing incident and there is no argument that would convince me that there was fault on any of the drivers.

The Bottas crash today was less of a racing incident but should have been considered one with the drivers not used to how their cars would be in the wet. The race should have started behind the safety car to let the drivers get used to driving on that track.

There is no way of ever having a GOAT F1 drivers because of the eras each driver drove. But Schumacher is by far a better driver than Hamilton

Have a good August. Liverpool kick off 2 weeks.  :wave

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3245 on: August 1, 2021, 10:19:23 pm »
It was a strange one. I missed qualifying yesterday and had to stop watching today as soon as the race was over  because the kids were playing up so didn’t hear any of the booing today either but there was a noticeable roar from the crowd when he overtook Alonso, and again I think when he overtook Sainz. Before the race started Kravitz pointed out there was a few British fans there too, but the crowd sounded louder then what still looked like not that many British fans.

It felt like a Silverstone type road when he overtook both drives, bizarre stuff. What a defensive performance from Alonso btw, unbelievable.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3246 on: August 1, 2021, 10:20:56 pm »
It's more to do with it being a completely new issue and no one really knows how to treat it properly. We're getting better but we aren't there yet. We used to do graded exercise programmes for those with long covid but we now know this makes things worse so we now know that people need to do exercise and activity within their energy envelope for that day, don't use up all your energy tokens as that's what's the main driver behind post exertions malaise. It can certainly be managed fairly well now but it'll be much better managed in the next few years.

I'm actually in a rough patch right now, have been for a couple of weeks which is crap. However the first week I was on a caravan holiday and there was a pool. I found that a trip to the pool and some light swimming (in between looking after the kids) helped me immeasurably.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3247 on: August 1, 2021, 10:23:02 pm »
Vettel disqualified. Someone’s head should roll for that mistake

That is crap.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3248 on: August 1, 2021, 10:23:27 pm »
It felt like a Silverstone type road when he overtook both drives, bizarre stuff. What a defensive performance from Alonso btw, unbelievable.

Alonso won that for Ocon.

That's not to take away from what Ocon achieved, but if Hamilton passes Alonso on that first try, which he was sooooooo close to doing, then Hamilton wins the GP.

Proper team performance. Great to see.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3249 on: August 1, 2021, 10:27:10 pm »
Aston Martin have notified the FIA of their intention to appeal against Sebastian Vettel's disqualification from the Hungarian Grand Prix
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3250 on: August 1, 2021, 10:46:13 pm »
Bottas got that all wrong today but conditions didn't help. Chaotic start

What a result though.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3251 on: August 1, 2021, 10:48:22 pm »
Aston Martin have notified the FIA of their intention to appeal against Sebastian Vettel's disqualification from the Hungarian Grand Prix
I’m not sure how they will appeal. Unless they have a fuel tank leak or similar, it’s such a long established basic rule.

I would be interested in the grounds for the appeal
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3252 on: August 2, 2021, 12:03:52 am »
Gutted. Unbelievably harsh if the fuel was in fact in there and I don't have a lot to cheer about as a Seb fan these days.  As Tepid says though, it's difficult to see what grounds they're going to appeal on.  Major fuck up.  Thanks Aston!  >:(

EDIT: Explanation of Aston's possible protest:  https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/aston-martin-set-to-appeal-vettel-hungary-f1-disqualification/6640826/

Looks like they may have possibly gotten DQ'd over a broken lift pump.   ::)
« Last Edit: August 2, 2021, 12:20:51 am by Darren G »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3253 on: August 2, 2021, 08:56:41 am »
Alonso won that for Ocon.

That's not to take away from what Ocon achieved, but if Hamilton passes Alonso on that first try, which he was sooooooo close to doing, then Hamilton wins the GP.

Proper team performance. Great to see.

Yeah Fernando was outstanding. It’s usually all about Lewis, or the younger guys like Max, Leclerc and Lando, but great to see life in Alonso and Vettel yesterday. And Vettels been great since leaving Ferrari….
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3254 on: August 2, 2021, 09:24:33 am »
Gutted. Unbelievably harsh if the fuel was in fact in there and I don't have a lot to cheer about as a Seb fan these days.  As Tepid says though, it's difficult to see what grounds they're going to appeal on.  Major fuck up.  Thanks Aston!  >:(

EDIT: Explanation of Aston's possible protest:  https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/aston-martin-set-to-appeal-vettel-hungary-f1-disqualification/6640826/

Looks like they may have possibly gotten DQ'd over a broken lift pump.   ::)

They should win the appeal if its true that all they have to do is prove there's more than 1L left in the tank and that the broken lift pump was the reason they couldn't retrieve more fuel.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3255 on: August 2, 2021, 09:28:58 am »
They should win the appeal if its true that all they have to do is prove there's more than 1L left in the tank and that the broken lift pump was the reason they couldn't retrieve more fuel.
What’s interesting is that they don’t know the pump is broken, they just think it must be because there should be more fuel than there was in there..

Are they absolutely sure they put the right amount it?  Because it seems odd that the pump worked for the first 300ml…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3256 on: August 2, 2021, 09:39:32 am »
Desperate luck for Vettel after a great drive, gutted for him. Ocon was flawless, seems such a good bloke also. Alonso v Ham was superb stuff and what F1 racing is all about.

Good to see Williams finally get points on the board also. Bottas' days certainly numbered now if they weren't already.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3257 on: August 2, 2021, 09:41:51 am »
Crazy thinking how well Russell has driven over the last few seasons, FAR FAR superior to his team-mate, and the one time he actually manages to FINALLY get in the points....Latifi finishes ahead of him :duh
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3258 on: August 2, 2021, 10:11:22 am »
What’s interesting is that they don’t know the pump is broken, they just think it must be because there should be more fuel than there was in there..

Are they absolutely sure they put the right amount it?  Because it seems odd that the pump worked for the first 300ml…

Like you say, it is a bit strange that the pump would suddenly fail, I'm thinking along the lines that they have not put as much fuel in as they think they have.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3259 on: August 2, 2021, 10:12:28 am »
Crazy thinking how well Russell has driven over the last few seasons, FAR FAR superior to his team-mate, and the one time he actually manages to FINALLY get in the points....Latifi finishes ahead of him :duh

😄 Gotta say I was super impressed with Russell yesterday, each weekend I think he can't possibly impress me more than the last and then he does. Letting the team know they had his blessing to prioritise Latifi as the car in front was the ultimate in being a team player, maybe he wouldn't have had a choice anyway but it's still helpful for the team to know they won't have an angry driver at the end of the race. You could see in his tears of joy after the race how happy Russell was for the team as well, he didn't care too much about who got points, he just wanted the team to have something to celebrate.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Online Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3260 on: August 2, 2021, 11:29:26 am »
😄 Gotta say I was super impressed with Russell yesterday, each weekend I think he can't possibly impress me more than the last and then he does. Letting the team know they had his blessing to prioritise Latifi as the car in front was the ultimate in being a team player, maybe he wouldn't have had a choice anyway but it's still helpful for the team to know they won't have an angry driver at the end of the race. You could see in his tears of joy after the race how happy Russell was for the team as well, he didn't care too much about who got points, he just wanted the team to have something to celebrate.

He's a good lad.

He's a good driver too. Should be in the Mercedes seat next season and, contrary to some on here, I would be shocked if Hamilton objects.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3261 on: August 2, 2021, 11:39:26 am »
He's a good lad.

He's a good driver too. Should be in the Mercedes seat next season and, contrary to some on here, I would be shocked if Hamilton objects.

Why would Lewis object anyway? I really like Russell but his career best position is 9th (well I guess 8th at the moment). Its hardly like they'd be putting Norris or Gasly in the other seat, drivers who have competed at the top end of the grid a number of times.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #3262 on: August 2, 2021, 11:41:52 am »
If you start penalising crowds for booing you'll soon have an empty Goodison park.

I've heard the new stadium has a dedicated booing section.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3263 on: August 2, 2021, 11:44:06 am »
Why would Lewis object anyway? I really like Russell but his career best position is 9th (well I guess 8th at the moment). Its hardly like they'd be putting Norris or Gasly in the other seat, drivers who have competed at the top end of the grid a number of times.

I think he'd be fine with anyone in there to be honest, but a lot of people on here seem to think it's Bottas or nobody in his eyes.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3264 on: August 2, 2021, 11:50:12 am »

Saying Russell's best career position is no reflection just how good a driver he is. The stuff he's done with that Williams, especially during qualifying, is top class.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3265 on: August 2, 2021, 11:53:13 am »
Saying Russell's best career position is no reflection just how good a driver he is. The stuff he's done with that Williams, especially during qualifying, is top class.

I said he's a really good driver, but I'd say there's a few who are better. In terms of young drivers who could get that spot, I imagine Lewis would prefer him over Norris, Ocon or Gasly in terms of how easy it'd be to be clear number one. Certainly don't think it'd be a case of Russell being the 'best of the rest' outside Merc, Red Bull and Ferrari.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3266 on: August 2, 2021, 12:01:21 pm »
I said he's a really good driver, but I'd say there's a few who are better. In terms of young drivers who could get that spot, I imagine Lewis would prefer him over Norris, Ocon or Gasly in terms of how easy it'd be to be clear number one. Certainly don't think it'd be a case of Russell being the 'best of the rest' outside Merc, Red Bull and Ferrari.

He's up there with those three you've mentioned for me. You only have to see his performance in the Merc in Abu Dhabi last year to see how good he can be in the right car

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3267 on: August 2, 2021, 12:04:05 pm »
He's up there with those three you've mentioned for me. You only have to see his performance in the Merc in Abu Dhabi last year to see how good he can be in the right car

I'm not sure he's had the chance to develop the ruthlessness he might need at Mercedes, simply because he hasn't really had the chance. He's a superb qualifier though so might not even need to if he ends up in the best car. He does seem to have less ego than the others too so might be easier to make number two driver.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3268 on: August 2, 2021, 12:37:12 pm »
It's called "Anywhere with a home seat".
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3269 on: August 2, 2021, 02:36:36 pm »
Always quite like the Hungarian GP - despite it not offering much in terms of overtaking opportunities, there've been a couple of exciting races over the years affected by rain or where there have been first-time winners (if my memory serves me correctly!).

My dislike of change does not like the Spa and Monza (and Singapore!) no longer being next to one another on the calendar, but the triple-header of Spa, Zandvoort, & Monza does sound good.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the season plays out now (in terms of races going ahead).  I presume the next five (Hungary, Belgium, the Netherlands, Italy, & Russia) will be fine, but I have no idea about Turkey and Japan.  As things stand, would USA, Mexico, and Brazil actually seem unlikely?  The intention is then to finish with Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi, after a TBA event.

8)

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3270 on: August 2, 2021, 02:55:07 pm »

Incorrect. It has a small, dedicated non-booing section.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3271 on: August 2, 2021, 03:37:30 pm »
Incorrect. It has a small, dedicated non-booing section.

Also known as the "Away End"
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3272 on: August 2, 2021, 03:46:36 pm »
Also known as the "Away End"

:lmao I can't top that.  Superb.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3273 on: August 2, 2021, 04:13:03 pm »
The crash at Silverstone should have been a racing incident and there is no argument that would convince me that there was fault on any of the drivers.

I think there was fault from both.

Hamilton put his car in a position where Verstappen had to either pull out and cede the position, or make contact.

Verstappen chose the latter.

But then, he always would do that, because his reputation from when he was younger means that other drivers now back out or don't attempt a manoeuvre in the first place because they know Verstappen won't pull out to avoid contact, and he uses this.

He's become so used to bullying his way through races that, when someone stands up to him (Hamilton) he throws a tantrum. Horner has been an absolute cock over this, too. Is that because Verstappen is demanding Horner fights tooth and nail? Or are they both as bad and brattish as each other? I think Hamilton coming out relatively unscathed is at the heart of their hissy fits.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Wild Romany Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3274 on: August 2, 2021, 04:49:00 pm »

I think there was fault from both.

Hamilton put his car in a position where Verstappen had to either pull out and cede the position, or make contact.

Verstappen chose the latter.

But then, he always would do that, because his reputation from when he was younger means that other drivers now back out or don't attempt a manoeuvre in the first place because they know Verstappen won't pull out to avoid contact, and he uses this.

He's become so used to bullying his way through races that, when someone stands up to him (Hamilton) he throws a tantrum. Horner has been an absolute cock over this, too. Is that because Verstappen is demanding Horner fights tooth and nail? Or are they both as bad and brattish as each other? I think Hamilton coming out relatively unscathed is at the heart of their hissy fits.

Yeah, think this is my thinking too to be honest.

Verstappen actually has a very clean record, partly because he gets given a lot of space by other drivers. I also think that Horner has indulged him completely and Max, not shy of self-confidence anyway, really doesn't handle that sort of stuff well.

That said, he's an excellent racer and will, in my opinion, become the World Champion this year. It has been horrendously bad luck that has stopped him leading.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3276 on: August 2, 2021, 04:51:53 pm »
Saw that last night. Sainz reaction is quality.

As a side, Will Buxton calling Sainz ‘My man’ is an indication of just how much a celebrity Buxton thinks he is.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3277 on: August 2, 2021, 05:53:15 pm »
During Hamliton's interview after he mentions not being able to use the radio during formation lap but it was clear a few people did. They even played Russel saying that everyone should pit because the track was dry.

Were there no penalties for this in the end?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3278 on: August 2, 2021, 06:26:32 pm »
So, Sebastian Vettel was called before the FIA stewards for the T-shirt which he wore before the race. Remind me, isn't that where the driver speak about "we race as one?" What a bunch of hypocrites the FIA are.  :butt
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"