Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!  (Read 2500708 times)

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - WELCOME, 'A PLAYER'!!
« Reply #45240 on: July 27, 2021, 04:21:38 pm »
Perhaps you are happy with a top 4 finish? Not everyone gets a horrible feeling in their stomach when they see another team above us at the end of the season or lifting the Champions league and that’s okay

Just when I thought your posts couldn't get any more irritating you pull this out.

We all want success, but some of us also exist in reality.

You can look at the summer after we won the CL and think we didn't pounce on the opportunity to improve, or you can recognise that the summer before the CL win we went all in to build a squad capable of consistent success, and while that expenditure influenced the following summer it also set us up for two incredible seasons.

You can look at last season and decide we barely made top four and therefore us not spending big is a travesty, or you can look at the context of the season and see that we've clearly strengthened since we won the league but circumstances were massively against us.

Nobody is saying we can't or shouldn't spend, just that the window isn't closed yet and spending is down massively across the board, so bringing in Konate and then offloading some fringe players to enable us to make a move later on doesn't equate to the club dropping the ball.

Or you can shit your pants because united signed Sancho and try to talk down to anyone else who hasn't also shit their pants.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45241 on: July 27, 2021, 04:24:10 pm »
We dont know if FSG are providing much money this window or not.
Conflicting stories are going around.

Its best to judge after the end of the window than listen to journalists who dont really know what is going on.

We are doing great work getting players out.
Im still confident we will get in 2 more players.
It is a buyers market which means players prices will go down as teams will need players out to balance the books.

The time to buy is later in the window imo.

Chelsea & City have bought 0 players this summer too.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #45242 on: July 27, 2021, 04:31:06 pm »
Just when I thought your posts couldn't get any more irritating you pull this out.

Can also tell that he doesn't go to the match as well as those who do will realise that the fun and enjoyment of football is spending the day with your mates following the club you love. Does winning make it more enjoyable? Yeah it does but losing and not winning trophies doesn't mean that you haven't had a good time doing it.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45243 on: July 27, 2021, 04:33:25 pm »
The thing with this though, is that for people like you it'll always be 'no' even if we are successful. It'll always be 'in spite of FSG' and 'purely down to the genius of the manager' and you'll double down on him not being backed anyway, so what's the point? If we signed no-one else but won the title because we didnt have anywhere near as many injuries, you'd still insist he wasn't backed.

Sorry I reject that nonsense, FSG overall have done a fantastic job but they’ve also made plenty of mistakes and missteps along the way, that doesn’t mean I don’t give them credit for when they do things well or have to condemn when a mistake is made because I’m rooting them to fail- the manager has always been on the side of the supporters, I can’t say that FSG have always acted in the interest of the fans can you?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45244 on: July 27, 2021, 04:35:54 pm »
Pops in. Same fucker moaning. Again. Leave.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45245 on: July 27, 2021, 04:37:31 pm »
The year after we won the CL we won the league for fucks sake, of course it was excellent :lmao

The team we have today is a result of cumulative improvement and effort over time, the results we get this season is a result of prior work and strengthening and can be impacted if we make fantastic signings in the short term but usually this takes longer, I don’t think the impact by those signings has been as good as we were hoping for, otherwise last season we went from 1st to 3rd, is that a fair way to judge the impact of Thiago/Jota etc?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #45246 on: July 27, 2021, 04:38:08 pm »
Some of these puns needs addressing.

If you make enough bad puns in the transfer thread, you get punished with bad signings. It’s Joe Cole’s law.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45247 on: July 27, 2021, 04:38:51 pm »
The team we have today is a result of cumulative improvement and effort over time, the results we get this season is a result of prior work and strengthening and can be impacted if we make fantastic signings in the short term but usually this takes longer, I don’t think the impact by those signings has been as good as we were hoping for, otherwise last season we went from 1st to 3rd, is that a fair way to judge the impact of Thiago/Jota etc?

Is it fair to judge them without even acknowledging the unprecedented injuries?

What do you think?

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45248 on: July 27, 2021, 04:38:55 pm »
If you make enough bad puns in the transfer thread, you get punished with bad signings. It’s Joe Cole’s law.

;D Fucks sake

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #45249 on: July 27, 2021, 04:40:11 pm »
Sorry I reject that nonsense, FSG overall have done a fantastic job but they’ve also made plenty of mistakes and missteps along the way, that doesn’t mean I don’t give them credit for when they do things well or have to condemn when a mistake is made because I’m rooting them to fail- the manager has always been on the side of the supporters, I can’t say that FSG have always acted in the interest of the fans can you?

:D

You've got an admirable ability to just ignore what you've said, or even asked for people to answer!

You asked:

Accountability- Is the club providing the resources Klopp needs to be successful?

Frankly, they already have. But your argument will no doubt be 'thats down to Klopp' as anyone with your mindset will always argue. So again.....pointless. We dont win, its because of FSG. We win, its in spite of them.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #45250 on: July 27, 2021, 04:41:38 pm »

What do you think?

If you read his thoughts a couple pages bck on the midfield scoring drop off last season - the answer to that is surely ‘yes it is very fair to basically ignore that’.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45251 on: July 27, 2021, 04:43:17 pm »

You can look at the summer after we won the CL and think we didn't pounce on the opportunity to improve, or you can recognise that the summer before the CL win we went all in to build a squad capable of consistent success, and while that expenditure influenced the following summer it also set us up for two incredible seasons.

You can look at last season and decide we barely made top four and therefore us not spending big is a travesty, or you can look at the context of the season and see that we've clearly strengthened since we won the league but circumstances were massively against us.

Nobody is saying we can't or shouldn't spend, just that the window isn't closed yet and spending is down massively across the board, so bringing in Konate and then offloading some fringe players to enable us to make a move later on doesn't equate to the club dropping the ball.

Or you can shit your pants because united signed Sancho and try to talk down to anyone else who hasn't also shit their pants.

We can only control what we do, I don’t care what other clubs are doing, we’ve essentially spent next to nothing this window as it stands so I think it’s reasonable to expect us to do some great deals this window, if we don’t then we can revisit the topic later

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #45252 on: July 27, 2021, 04:43:29 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45253 on: July 27, 2021, 04:45:18 pm »
We can only control what we do, I don’t care what other clubs are doing, we’ve essentially spent next to nothing this window as it stands so I think it’s reasonable to expect us to do some great deals this window, if we don’t then we can revisit the topic later

Does this mean you’re gonna shut up until then?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45254 on: July 27, 2021, 04:45:29 pm »
Get out

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #45255 on: July 27, 2021, 04:46:11 pm »

You can revisit it and we can all point and laugh at someone so obsessed with transfers instead of actually supporting the manager and the players that we have at the club (who won us number 6, number 19, number 1 and number 4).
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #45256 on: July 27, 2021, 04:48:37 pm »

Not what I was replying to. You basically said the year we won the title wasn't excellent or fantastic and that's just unadulterated bullshit. You clearly have no understanding of football whatsoever if you're not able to see why we went from 1st to 3rd last season and yet want to judge the impact on two players who spent circa 4 months each out of an 8 months season. Get a grip of reality.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #45257 on: July 27, 2021, 04:49:14 pm »
A dressing down?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45259 on: July 27, 2021, 04:50:57 pm »
A dressing down?
I always feel like a Newman after a good dressing down.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #45260 on: July 27, 2021, 04:51:24 pm »
These latest puns are Ranch...

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45261 on: July 27, 2021, 04:52:19 pm »

What do you think?

We had unprecedented injuries especially in defence. How well did the club address the problem?

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #45262 on: July 27, 2021, 04:53:44 pm »

Doubt it. And now the thread is littered with salad puns. But no bears.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45263 on: July 27, 2021, 04:57:59 pm »
We had unprecedented injuries especially in defence. How well did the club address the problem?
Yes!

At last!

Needs work though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45264 on: July 27, 2021, 04:58:52 pm »

What has that got to do with assessing Jota and Thiago as I replied to?

You don’t half love moving the goal posts.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45265 on: July 27, 2021, 04:59:11 pm »
You can revisit it and we can all point and laugh at someone so obsessed with transfers instead of actually supporting the manager and the players that we have at the club (who won us number 6, number 19, number 1 and number 4).

Yes the same side that has one player who come through it’s academy and the rest are all transfers?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45266 on: July 27, 2021, 05:01:02 pm »
Yes the same side that has one player who come through it’s academy and the rest are all transfers?
No salad joke…

Try harder next time…
W

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45267 on: July 27, 2021, 05:01:14 pm »
What has that got to do with assessing Jota and Thiago as I replied to?

You don’t half love moving the goal posts.

You’re referring to injuries impacting our season and I asked how did we respond to those injuries? What effect did Jota have on our central defenders being injured or not Craig?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45268 on: July 27, 2021, 05:01:52 pm »
Just when you think this thread can’t get any worse lo and behold it sinks further. FSG debate, shite midfield goal return are not what this thread are about. I enjoy coming to this thread and seeing us linked to random players through Samies shite sources and the awful puns and the bears but it’s getting to the point where it’s better to lock till there is actual news on the transfer front.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45269 on: July 27, 2021, 05:02:03 pm »
No salad joke…

Try harder next time…

Thanks, at least I know someone gives a toss  ;D

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45270 on: July 27, 2021, 05:02:15 pm »
You’re referring to injuries impacting our season and I asked how did we respond to those injuries? What effect did Jota have on our central defenders being injured or not Craig?
Craig doesn’t play for us.

Still no salad joke.
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45271 on: July 27, 2021, 05:03:13 pm »

What effect did having countless injuries, and players moving positions due to that, have on our set up and the performances of the team, and therefore the new players?

I’ve genuinely never seen anyone move the goal posts so much. And I’ve argued with Al plenty.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45272 on: July 27, 2021, 05:06:31 pm »
I'm a big avocado of tolerance on these boards. Olive and let olive, that's what I say.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #45273 on: July 27, 2021, 05:07:00 pm »

I did think winning the league was fantastic to be honest
Winning is an understatement too, we absolutely crushed the rest and beat all kinds of records until the pandemic hit.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45274 on: July 27, 2021, 05:07:38 pm »
Probably not. Put him on ignore. Don’t waste your time …
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45275 on: July 27, 2021, 05:07:48 pm »
Thanks, at least I know someone gives a toss  ;D

"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45276 on: July 27, 2021, 05:09:12 pm »
What effect did having countless injuries, and players moving positions due to that, have on our set up and the performances of the team, and therefore the new players?

I’ve genuinely never seen anyone move the goal posts so much. And I’ve argued with Al plenty.

I asked how well we addressed the problem of injuries in January, did you respond to that? And then you have the cheek to say I’m moving the goalposts?

Jota is a great signing, Thiago wasn’t as good as i was hoping for initially but he looked much better in the last few months-

We didn’t replace Lovren, in hindsight that was a mistake but shit happens

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #45277 on: July 27, 2021, 05:11:18 pm »
I asked how well we addressed the problem of injuries in January, did you respond to that? And then you have the cheek to say I’m moving the goalposts?

Jota is a great signing, Thiago wasn’t as good as i was hoping for initially but he looked much better in the last few months-

Err....

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45278 on: July 27, 2021, 05:12:39 pm »
I'm a big avocado of tolerance on these boards. Olive and let olive, that's what I say.
You Orzo let it run it’s course I reckon.
W

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45279 on: July 27, 2021, 05:13:59 pm »
Err....

Still failed to answer the question  :lmao

You are one shady character