Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 880465 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Echo Update on Anfield Road Extension
« Reply #360 on: December 3, 2019, 02:04:38 pm »
I just don't see any world where it makes sense to do anything with the Kenny.

'We need to do the Kenny because it looks weird where the new Anfield Road stand's roof joins up to it'.
Skyscraper City 2019

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: December 3, 2019, 02:05:12 pm »
This is a good point because we know the existing seats in the lower Kenny are well under regulation space, so if anything we are getting more bang for our buck in terms of capacity there. Unless I am mistaken and it would actually be possible to knock down the upper Kenny and rebuild it in the same style as the Main. But even doing that, you are only getting at most an extra 5k seats right? And I doubt if the corporate gains would be enough of an increase either (when you think that the Main Stand expansion basically added all that from scratch as opposed to replacing what is existing in the Kenny already).

I just don't see any world where it makes sense to do anything with the Kenny.

I would hope some sort of refurb of sorts would at least be on the cards in the coming years. The facilities are quite basic insides nowadays, and in a few years time, the stand will be 30 years old, which is a lifetime in today's sporting/stadia world.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: December 3, 2019, 02:09:47 pm »
It's not difficult to know about the Skerries road. The club don't own any of the houses and they're all in private ownership as Craig says.

I didn't realise we had someone who worked at the land registry on the site, prepared to divulge the register for free. Thanks and welcome.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #363 on: December 3, 2019, 02:11:34 pm »
I didn't realise we had someone who worked at the land registry on the site, prepared to divulge the register for free. Thanks and welcome.

Details of properties that the club owned, including the deal to sell the Skerries ones for £1, were in the accounts.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #364 on: December 3, 2019, 02:21:09 pm »
Details of properties that the club owned, including the deal to sell the Skerries ones for £1, were in the accounts.

That's great. You don't know much about property law either do you? Happy to discuss once you do, you'll realise that that what you've posted, isn't relevant.

Just to make it crystal clear, I'm the one saying it isn't immediately apparent who owns what. It seems to be you two who are certain. You both carry on, I'm not interested in arguing.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #365 on: December 3, 2019, 02:27:32 pm »
That's great. You don't know much about property law either do you? Happy to discuss once you do, you'll realise that that what you've posted, isn't relevant.

Just to make it crystal clear, I'm the one saying it isn't immediately apparent who owns what. It seems to be you two who are certain. You both carry on, I'm not interested in arguing.

Get out of bed the wrong side this morning? Christ, tad tetchy.

The club listed every property asset it owned, including every house around the stadium, and including details of the deal which saw it sell all of Skerries for £1 each.

How about you enlighten us as to where we are going wrong, Mr Property Lawyer?

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: December 3, 2019, 05:57:11 pm »
One of the things it’s good to see in here is people being sensitive to current home owners around the ground. I think people forget at times people live there and have lives and are humans. Think progression but remain sensitive as if it was your house and family.

Also these expansions-I already reckon the current expansion has made getting in and out of Anfield by far a lot more difficult. Already dreading what extra people will add to that!

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #367 on: December 3, 2019, 06:51:28 pm »
One of the things it’s good to see in here is people being sensitive to current home owners around the ground. I think people forget at times people live there and have lives and are humans. Think progression but remain sensitive as if it was your house and family.

Also these expansions-I already reckon the current expansion has made getting in and out of Anfield by far a lot more difficult. Already dreading what extra people will add to that!

I agree, but I don't think it's put off the new houses being sold in the area. Plus, and I know it's easy for me to say cos I don't live immediately by the ground, but match day is probably a max of 30 times a year, so I know and respect it must be a right pain in the arse for the locals, but it could be worse.

The area around the ground looks great compared to the drab old days, and the proposed pedestrianised Anny Rd will make it even more attractive.

It's right and proper the club consult locals every step of the way with our development plans, but I don't see a major problem with the added capacity of the current plans.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Macred

• Main Stander
« Reply #368 on: December 5, 2019, 08:18:55 am »

So you reckon it has made it more difficult, is that your best guess or do  you know that for a fact? The club's transportation plan from a few years back had shown that the steps being taken were being successful in stopping private car journeys to the ground and that while numbers of attendees had gone up, the number of journeys by private car had stayed more or less the same and so pro rata gone down.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #369 on: December 5, 2019, 08:45:33 am »
So you reckon it has made it more difficult, is that your best guess or do  you know that for a fact? The club's transportation plan from a few years back had shown that the steps being taken were being successful in stopping private car journeys to the ground and that while numbers of attendees had gone up, the number of journeys by private car had stayed more or less the same and so pro rata gone down.
It has got more difficult.  The sheer number of pedestrians even is part of this.

I can see that private car journeys might have gone down, but it must feel like a lock down zone during a match, and whilst that was always the case to some extent, to suggest this hasn’t got worse would be churlish.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #370 on: December 5, 2019, 09:03:20 am »
It’s 100% got harder to get away after the game - both driving and trying to get a taxi into town.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #371 on: December 5, 2019, 09:45:03 am »
It’s 100% got harder to get away after the game - both driving and trying to get a taxi into town.
Totally agree mate, I said this a few months ago on a different thread;

"I really hope a train station gets sorted as part of the plans because the traffic before and after games is getting worse each season, especially for mid-week games."

I would happily use the train from town or Southparkway if they sorted it but I'd imagine it would take a lot of planning and funds to even consider.

The annoying thing is that the traffic issues will only make people leave the game early too.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #372 on: December 5, 2019, 09:48:30 am »
one of the few games i went to in recent years, hours after the game you still couldnt get a taxi and those that did stop wanted 15 quid (normally a 5er in the centre)

i was actually on the phone to a cousin of mine at the time who lives just outside of Liverpool when your man looked for 15

cousin goes "you should punch him in the head"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #373 on: December 5, 2019, 02:13:04 pm »
There are going to need some pretty good plans, was a pain getting away after the game yesterday, apparently one of the buses of the front of the queue broke down, add another 7,000 people and they will need a better plan than a row of buses being loaded one at a time with loads of people paying £2.40 in cash.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #374 on: December 6, 2019, 03:56:41 pm »
one of the few games i went to in recent years, hours after the game you still couldnt get a taxi and those that did stop wanted 15 quid (normally a 5er in the centre)

i was actually on the phone to a cousin of mine at the time who lives just outside of Liverpool when your man looked for 15

cousin goes "you should punch him in the head"

When you get a Ryanair flight near the time of departure and the prices have been grossly inflated do you want to punch the flight crew. Same thing with hotels when you want a room when Liverpool are at home. Or the absurd prices you are charged for food and drink at the ground. Why do we shrug our shoulders when it is big business doing it but when a working man does it suddenly it becomes outrageous.

Surely both things are the same ?
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #375 on: December 6, 2019, 04:00:02 pm »
When you get a Ryanair flight near the time of departure and the prices have been grossly inflated do you want to punch the flight crew. Same thing with hotels when you want a room when Liverpool are at home. Or the absurd prices you are charged for food and drink at the ground. Why do we shrug our shoulders when it is big business doing it but when a working man does it suddenly it becomes outrageous.

People complain about those things constantly. In fact the surge pricing Uber does gets slated all the time.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #376 on: December 6, 2019, 04:20:08 pm »

wasnt me who wanted to punch him and for the record i just politely told him no

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: December 6, 2019, 05:02:24 pm »

Can only speak for myself but I've had the same routine for years and know the time I used to get in and I can barely get near it anymore so definitely for me it has increased when I drive since the new main stand was built.
Parking hasn't got any more or less difficult - it's still about the same - if anything maybe less cars, but possibly also due to price increases on the one I use.
The value of the cars on that car park has risen is another observation - some nice motors!
« Last Edit: December 6, 2019, 07:17:32 pm by davidsteventon »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #378 on: December 6, 2019, 06:50:57 pm »
People complain about those things constantly. In fact the surge pricing Uber does gets slated all the time.

There is a massive difference though between complaining about a multi national like Uber and abusing a driver who has very little choice in the matter. Then there is the legislature that allows a tax dodging huge company like Uber being allowed to have surge pricing whereas an individual cab driver doing the same is committing an offence.

The whole industry requires a massive revamp before the inevitable happens and people start dying because drivers are being forced to work ridiculous hours whilst the likes of Uber cream off profits.

Anfield on a match-day is a horrible example of the lack of a joined up integrated public transport strategy. An example of our future with huge multi nationals profiting from the misery of working class people. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #379 on: December 6, 2019, 06:52:12 pm »
wasnt me who wanted to punch him and for the record i just politely told him no

Sorry mate didn't mean to have a go. It just boils my piss the way people on the front line get abuse whilst the people who make the decisions get off scot free.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #380 on: December 6, 2019, 08:00:09 pm »
There is a massive difference though between complaining about a multi national like Uber and abusing a driver who has very little choice in the matter. Then there is the legislature that allows a tax dodging huge company like Uber being allowed to have surge pricing whereas an individual cab driver doing the same is committing an offence.

This isn’t what you said though Al, you’ve flip flopped there.

You said we just shrug our shoulders when big business do those things, but we don’t, we complain just like we do when an individual does it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: December 6, 2019, 08:16:59 pm »
Sorry to drag this back to flaking about the Annie road stand and all......

But am I right in thinking that there won’t be a plinth around it?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #382 on: December 6, 2019, 08:34:58 pm »
This isn’t what you said though Al, you’ve flip flopped there.

You said we just shrug our shoulders when big business do those things, but we don’t, we complain just like we do when an individual does it.

That is exactly what we do though Craig. You get faux outrage about the likes of Uber and Amazon followed by people continuing to use them because of price and convenience. The complaints are taken out on the poor bastard at the customer service end. It is exactly why our high streets have been decimated.

We all know we should be supporting small independents but like lemmings we continue line their pockets.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #383 on: December 7, 2019, 06:39:22 am »
That is exactly what we do though Craig. You get faux outrage about the likes of Uber and Amazon followed by people continuing to use them because of price and convenience. The complaints are taken out on the poor bastard at the customer service end. It is exactly why our high streets have been decimated.

We all know we should be supporting small independents but like lemmings we continue line their pockets.

So will you be supporting a small independent club now? I seem to have lost the thread somewhere.

Football grounds are crowded after a match wherever you go, unless it’s a small ground in a soulless retail park. 50-60,000 people leaving any venue in a short period of time will create congestion. Arsenal, Chelsea, Southampton, West Ham and many other grounds can be a nightmare to get away from immediately after the game if you’re trying to get to public transport. If you walk to a local pub and have a pint (supporting local small businesses) it’s easier to get away by public transport.

The problem at Anfield is far too many people trying to walk down Walton Breck Road and get the buses there. Better signposts to the soccer bus and Sandhills station would be good, especially once the Anfield Road is done.

I walk down the side streets and either pick up a cab nearer town, walk to Sandhills, get the soccerbus or hang around near the ground.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: December 7, 2019, 08:12:50 am »
Would you two just accept that you love each other and kiss already.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #385 on: December 7, 2019, 09:13:33 am »
Been a member on here for probably 20 years and love the Anfield stadium section but the constant bickering between certain parties and almost always involving Al 666 is seriously tiring.  Someone needs to sort it out as it keeps destroying threads and killing the enjoyment
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: December 7, 2019, 09:30:30 am »
I know walking isn't always an option if some fans are frail or elderly, but as Alan says, it's easy enough to put some distance between yourself and the ground before trying for a cab or bus.

Personally I love a good walk and 40 minutes to the city centre is nothing for me. And I'd rather walk than feel trapped on a crowded bus full of rowdy fans with my anxiety kicking off, even if it's all good natured.

But can I echo reddaz's comments; talk about the ground and transport infrastructure certainly, but let's steer away from topics such as globalization and capitalism?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: December 7, 2019, 12:02:35 pm »
The constant bickering between certain parties and almost always involving Al 666 is seriously tiring.  Someone needs to sort it out as it keeps destroying threads and killing the enjoyment

Can this be put in every thread please?
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: December 7, 2019, 12:14:11 pm »
So... is there going to be a Plinth or not?
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #389 on: December 7, 2019, 12:15:27 pm »
So... is there going to be a Plinth or not?

Doesn’t appear so.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: December 7, 2019, 12:19:18 pm »
Oh....I like the plinth on the main stand.... bloody windy up there though...
W

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #391 on: December 7, 2019, 08:56:38 pm »
So will you be supporting a small independent club now? I seem to have lost the thread somewhere.

Football grounds are crowded after a match wherever you go, unless it’s a small ground in a soulless retail park. 50-60,000 people leaving any venue in a short period of time will create congestion. Arsenal, Chelsea, Southampton, West Ham and many other grounds can be a nightmare to get away from immediately after the game if you’re trying to get to public transport. If you walk to a local pub and have a pint (supporting local small businesses) it’s easier to get away by public transport.

The problem at Anfield is far too many people trying to walk down Walton Breck Road and get the buses there. Better signposts to the soccer bus and Sandhills station would be good, especially once the Anfield Road is done.

I walk down the side streets and either pick up a cab nearer town, walk to Sandhills, get the soccerbus or hang around near the ground.

I know you don't live in the City Al but it isn't just about match days. Liverpool games just exacerbates an existing problem. The transport links in the north end of the city are abysmal. Something that has resulted in a north/south divide across the City. North Liverpool is one of the most deprived in the country. Something that is exacerbated by the appalling transport links.

People simply don't want to live in areas with poor transport links. It is ridiculously expensive to commute by car and that is without even thinking about the environmental issues.

There has been a criminal lack of investment in public transport. We have witnessed the culling of train lines, the privatisation of the railways and deregulation of bus services. We are on the verge of an environmental time bomb and public transport is run as a business that must make a profit. Unprofitable absolutely necessary services no longer run because of the savage budget cuts to Cities like Liverpool.

Getting back to Football grounds why can't we have a system like Germany in which a match ticket entitles you to use public transport. For me that is a utopia in which visitors in effect subsidise travel for the people whose life they disrupt.

Instead of that we have a culture in which the likes of Uber take up the slack. A system that means working class people work for slave labour wages to transport people to a venue in which the big businesses cash in. A venue in which a select few working class people earn millions.

Do a normal job and are entitled to earn the minimum wage. Work for the likes of Uber and you have no rights, no minimum wage. You are also undercutting the whole trade. There is a new phenomenon which is even more dangerous. In places with appalling transport links people are now setting up facebook groups that offer each other lifts. How scary is that imagine your son or daughter after a night out getting in to a vehicle with an unvetted driver who has invalidated his insurance.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #392 on: December 14, 2019, 09:49:16 am »
I know you don't live in the City Al but it isn't just about match days. Liverpool games just exacerbates an existing problem. The transport links in the north end of the city are abysmal. Something that has resulted in a north/south divide across the City. North Liverpool is one of the most deprived in the country. Something that is exacerbated by the appalling transport links.

There's no train station in Woolton, Gateacre, Speke, Childwall, Belle Vale, Netherley, Toxteth.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #393 on: December 14, 2019, 11:00:24 pm »
There's no train station in Woolton, Gateacre, Speke, Childwall, Belle Vale, Netherley, Toxteth.

I agree with you mate. The transport links in the City are abysmal. Probably best highlighted by North Coast main line trains not stopping at South Parkway because the platforms are too short. The station that is supposed to be the link to the airport not being able to service the trains that people would use to get to the airport.

Looking at the areas you have highlighted Woolton, Gateacre and Childwall are affluent areas that are close to the Motorway and have extremely high levels of car ownership. They also had train stations or were close to train stations before the Beeching axe.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #394 on: December 15, 2019, 11:27:29 am »
I agree with you mate. The transport links in the City are abysmal. Probably best highlighted by North Coast main line trains not stopping at South Parkway because the platforms are too short. The station that is supposed to be the link to the airport not being able to service the trains that people would use to get to the airport.

Looking at the areas you have highlighted Woolton, Gateacre and Childwall are affluent areas that are close to the Motorway and have extremely high levels of car ownership. They also had train stations or were close to train stations before the Beeching axe.

If you live in those places you have to drive, that's the reality. Speke and Netherley really struggle though. It's a long bus journey to town.

The transport links are terrible. People say "Yeah but Liverpool has Merseyail". In reality Merseyrail is mostly Wirral/Knowsley/Sefton stations. Manchester have been building entirely new tram networks again in recent years in the city and out into Greater Manchester.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:30:17 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Nico CARP

• Rawk Hug Commander
  • Main Stander
  • River Plate And Liverpool FC FAN.
    • https://www.cariverplate.com.ar/
« Reply #395 on: December 16, 2019, 12:09:34 am »
I am very happy that Anfield continues to be remodeled, my dream is to get to know it and witness an official match, if it continues to grow it may be easier to get a ticket for a tourist.
River Plate Forum
https://www.turiver.com/

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #396 on: December 16, 2019, 09:18:45 am »
I am very happy that Anfield continues to be remodeled, my dream is to get to know it and witness an official match, if it continues to grow it may be easier to get a ticket for a tourist.

I promise I’m not making fun of you, but this bit made me laugh.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #397 on: December 16, 2019, 09:24:24 am »

People simply don't want to live in areas with poor transport links. It is ridiculously expensive to commute by car and that is without even thinking about the environmental issues.

There has been a criminal lack of investment in public transport. We have witnessed the culling of train lines, the privatisation of the railways and deregulation of bus services. We are on the verge of an environmental time bomb and public transport is run as a business that must make a profit. Unprofitable absolutely necessary services no longer run because of the savage budget cuts to Cities like Liverpool.

Getting back to Football grounds why can't we have a system like Germany in which a match ticket entitles you to use public transport. For me that is a utopia in which visitors in effect subsidise travel for the people whose life they disrupt.

Instead of that we have a culture in which the likes of Uber take up the slack. A system that means working class people work for slave labour wages to transport people to a venue in which the big businesses cash in. A venue in which a select few working class people earn millions.

Do a normal job and are entitled to earn the minimum wage. Work for the likes of Uber and you have no rights, no minimum wage. You are also undercutting the whole trade. There is a new phenomenon which is even more dangerous. In places with appalling transport links people are now setting up facebook groups that offer each other lifts. How scary is that imagine your son or daughter after a night out getting in to a vehicle with an unvetted driver who has invalidated his insurance.

Fair comment about non-match day transport needs Al.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: December 24, 2019, 07:48:26 am »
To be honest, I like it ...

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #399 on: December 24, 2019, 09:19:05 am »
To be honest, I like it ...

It looks good the away fans over two tiers I wasn't keen on it but it wont look bad on tv means you won't really see them. what I like.