Author Topic: Advice - partners parents  (Read 27710 times)

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Advice - partners parents
« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2019, 10:08:27 pm »
So how did it go!?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2019, 10:41:08 pm »
So how did it go!?

Drank the 8 Stella’s too fast, fell asleep on their sofa after puking on the cat. He’s still there snoring away as thy try to watch Love Island.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2019, 10:42:41 pm »
Drank the 8 Stella’s too fast, fell asleep on their sofa after puking on the cat. He’s still there snoring away as thy try to watch Love Island.
More likely they're looking at ticket prices for Glyndbourne and the share price for Veuve Cliquot.....

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2019, 10:54:43 pm »
Proper wound up reading that, fuck holding it in, tell the fuckers to do one and if your girlfriend doesn't stick up for you then bin her as she will probably end up like them in the long term anyway.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2019, 10:57:21 pm »
Your last name isn't Focker is it?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2019, 11:11:41 pm »
Best advice is to accidentally-deliberately is get caught by her parents in full flagrante poundito - pounding away at their daughters back doors, like you'd just got out a prison........could be a good leveller.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2019, 11:19:54 pm »
:lmao fuck my life that's brilliant.......remind me of the original?

It's hard to pin point the origins of it Jim

One would need to venture deep into the vaults of Rawk to determine where those sacred words originated from

Funny how history repeats itself ;D

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2019, 11:29:47 pm »
It's hard to pin point the origins of it Jim

One would need to venture deep into the vaults of Rawk to determine where those sacred words originated from

Funny how history repeats itself ;D

I thought it was on page one of your fabled pdf Billy?

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2019, 11:38:40 pm »
I thought it was on page one of your fabled pdf Billy?

Really?

You could be right, but it's not registering in my memory

If I recall correctly it was posted in the old relationship issues thread?
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2019, 11:44:13 pm »
Really?

Just winding you up, had another flashback to those days of old on here!

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #90 on: June 27, 2019, 12:14:36 am »
In Pennsylvania it's illegal to marry your widow's sister.
Kill the humourless

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: June 27, 2019, 07:28:04 am »
Really?

I remember it going back about 12/13 years, there was all kinds of mad shit like shagging your bird wearing her sisters skin, cutting her Ma's head off and wearing it, stuff like that.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #92 on: June 27, 2019, 07:38:33 am »
Ah yes. That thread turned very bizarre in the end it was a mercy killing....

Hope butchersdog is OK today.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 27, 2019, 08:15:10 am »
Ah yes. That thread turned very bizarre in the end it was a mercy killing....

Hope butchersdog is OK today.

Was it you who killed it off?

Found this having a search for sisters skin

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=199394.msg3545841#msg3545841

I love RAWK, but where the hell are the locals arguing the case for wearing her sisters skin while fucking her?

Oh and you're a bit of an idiot :wave

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=198553.msg4069780#quickreply

Good god, have you 2 not learnt a thing from this thread?

DJ, your almost there. What you need to do is skin your mates ex's dad, then go round to do her. She may be freaky like that, then you can slap her bum and say "Who's your daddy?"

LFCSnoopz, Its simple. Go find her sister and skin her. Then go to her mothers and cut off her head. You will need to get rid of the mothers body, so 1st, remove the teeth, then give this guy a call

Then, whilst wearing her sisters skin and her mothers head as a trophy, go round to her house and shit in all her house plants. If she has a flat, you can still do the same, but you will have to refer to the house plants as flat plants. Wipe you arse on the curtains. If she has a small pet such as a cat/hamster/mice etc, you could always wipe your arse with them as their softer.

Finally, and this is most important, masturbate into one of her socks. Put used sock into the microwave at a medium heat, and turn it on for 15 mins. Sit back on her sofa, and wait for her to come home with a big smile on your/her sisters skins, face. Did i mention youd have to break in? Well, that'd be the least of your worries anyway. We can come back to sorting that one out later.

As always, glad to be of help. ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 08:17:10 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #94 on: June 27, 2019, 08:23:10 am »
So RAWK used to be weirder than it is now. Whodathoughtit.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 27, 2019, 09:16:41 am »
Anyone else picture the mum as viscous looking mix of Camilla Parker-Bowles & Esther Ranzen?

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2019, 09:25:05 am »
Well, they came round. I've tried to add everything below, but there's likely things I've forgotten that I will add later.

We tried to keep everything as cordial as possible, and everything I said until close to the end of it was in a very passive manner, "thanks for coming round, this isn't about criticizing anyone, or a personal attack, it's just about talking through our point of view and seeing where everyone is". "We've known each other six months, and since the first time we met, I've felt that you don't really like me, or have an issue with me. I'd just like to know what it is or why it is, because I think I'm a good man, I work hard, I'm reasonably successful, and I think I've demonstrated that I love your daughter and that we want to be happy together".

They said that there was no issue (then preceded to essentially lay into me for the next 45 minutes), they found my stance "bizarre". "What are you talking about?! I've genuinely no idea what you're talking about" the Mother asked. The Dad said "we don't know you". The Mother got loud and aggressive, on the front foot, straight away. I preceded to discuss the issues with the first meetings (and do we care?? etc). She stood by that, looked me in the face, and said "yes, that's right, we don't care!". The Dad says "the ball is the wrong shape". My partner tried to get them to see how this might come across as rude, might not be the kind of thing you say to someone when you've just met them, but they wouldn't have it. They maintained that nothing they've said to me ever is rude, they are just having a joke. I went through some of the other things that have been said to me. "If you're that easily offended, you're going to have a lot of problems in life", "there's something wrong with you", "you have no sense of humour". They said to my partner "what do you think about all this, I thought you had a good sense of humour, like us?" My partner said that she could see how someone who didn't know them would think this was rude (which is different to what she said to me, i.e that it was rude).

Their issue was around Mr and Mrs X, which was something they wouldn't let go. The Mother said that "I'm the prospective Mother in law. You should do ANYTHING I want to make me happy, to suck up to me, to get me on side, like you see in the films. The fact that you came round to MY house, on the second time we met, and didn't greet me as Mrs. X at the door, you just said hello. It was utterly disgusting". "You blanked us on Sunday, you ruined our, OUR, anniversary meal, your attitude was disgusting".

I said that I was sorry they felt that way, but there was no disrespect intended, that I've not mentioned any of this for six months out of respect for them. "You don't have any respect for anyone or anything". I calmly said that I'm not there to prove my worth to them, and I don't have to, I'm a grown man, and that I answer to myself and their daughter, and that we're happy together. "So you can't even call us Mr and Mrs for your partners sake? What kind of love is that? You don't love her, when she's asking you to call us Mr and Mrs X, you won't even do it, you have no respect". At this point I did have to say "well, she actually thinks it's really odd". My partner said that she's not spoken to anyone who thought it was normal in this day and age, why can't they just lower some barriers. They wouldn't have it.

In response to 'ruining' their anniversary meal, I said that on Sunday I came in and the Dad actively blanked me at the bar and looked the other way "I wasn't paying attention, I didn't notice". (he'd just said hello to his daughter, and knew I was with her, so..?) The Mother said that "you couldn't even be BOTHERED to make ANY conversation, you've been up to all sorts, you could have made effort". I said that this was their party, with their family, and that given the situation, given how I feel, something that they are aware of because my partner has mentioned all this to them before on her own, it wasn't for me to go in and make them feel comfortable. I said that in any case I actively don't know what to talk about around them, that I'm actually scared to open my mouth (someone was talking about Blood Brothers on Sunday, I didn't give any opinion because I was actually scared to. I didn't ask for any sauce for my meal because I didn't want to create a fuss) because everything I say is seemingly wrong. They flat refused to have any of it. Mother says that she had to "leave the table and go outside" because she was so "disgusted". I didn't mention that I went and stood in the toilet for 15 minutes because I couldn't physically sit and stare at the table anymore. Mother throughout is raised voices, talking over me and my partner, getting worse. The Dad is largely silent, occasionally asking for calm. My partner was more pleading, saying that they didn't have to change, she wasn't asking that (in my opinion, to have any kind of dynamic with them, they do, drastically, need to change), but could they at least try and consider that if the person on the receiving end of the 'joke' doesn't find it funny, then it's not a joke? "So you expect me to think about what I'm saying, ALL the time? I can't do that, I wouldn't be able to be myself". (turns to me) "so everything is all about you, that's it isn't it?".

I said that that they were entitled to their point of view, that's fine, and that I was trying to understand, but couldn't see why they didn't have any empathy for my position or would even acknowledge my point of view as valid, or even my right to have my own feelings. I asked whether it was reasonable in their eyes that our relationship is so stand offish that I have to call them Mr and Mrs and pander to them, but equally, it's so familiar that I can be insulted to my face and I'm not allowed an opinion/my feelings are denied. "No, utterly ridiculous", etc etc. The Mother then starts on my partner

"I've had it up to HERE (raises hand above head) with you for the last 20 years!!"

Up until this point I'd been extremely measured and calm. I was starting to get a bit more irritated, but kept my composure.

"and your sister! WHY did you not come and see her when she came home???" My partner explained that she's been busy with work "what, so busy you can't come over, for five minutes??" and that she is coming home to a partner now rather than to an empty house, so she likes to have dinner with me and spend some quality time together "You've changed since you met HIM (standing up, raised voice, points finger at me)".  My partner explained that she sees them once a week, and speaks to her (the Mother) nearly every day on the phone. She said that she's always the one who has to approach her sister to see her, to contact her, her sister is more than capable of giving her a ring and popping over one evening for a cup of tea, we'd be happy to see her and chat. "And what's wrong with just you seeing her, you're not joined at the hip!!". (They don't understand that given my/our position with the abuse, including from the sister, we wouldn't want to do that). I said that it wasn't her (Mothers) place to dictate what we do and when we do it. She nearly lost it at this. My partner then said that the way her sister has been speaking to her is disgusting, talking down to her etc, and that her sister was really rude on Sunday. "That's just because she wanted to see you and was frustrated".

I can't remember much more, but her Mother then started on "you have no IDEA that sacrifices I've made for you while you were growing up". "All your partners are the same". I then asked my partner whether she was going to continue to let her parents bully her like this. They then stormed out into the hall. My partner followed them out and asked them to consider what this means should we have a family in the future. The Mother "you don't think I've thought about what it would be like if you have children with HIM". (I found this beyond the pale). The Mother asked if was ever going to call them Mr and Mrs. I said no (at no point did they really seem to grasp why). The Mother said that "you" (daughter) are welcome at anything we do. HE is not". I said that the I was sorry they felt that way, but the door is open should they change their position.

So much for the opening line of not having an issue with me. Seems to me this has been simmering for months.

They then left. My partner broke down. Fainted. Fainted again this morning. It's not the best situation to be in. I was incredibly stressed about meeting them at first, but to be honest, the longer it went on, I came to realize that (feel free to correct me anyone) that they are seriously disturbed/disordered people. I've suspected that for a while, but once it was confirmed, I felt relieved, because I'll never be able to reach people like that. That said, I don't think I've done anything wrong, and certainly nothing to warrant such a horrific response and total lack of empathy. I think they were expecting me to be quiet and easily bullied/walked over, like I have been for the last six months, and when it became obvious that I was going to stand by ground and maintain my composure, the Mother couldn't handle it.

So, where the hell do I go from here? As far as I'm concerned, the only option now is no contact, to safeguard our relationship. I can't be spoken to that way, have my feelings completely ignored, actually denied, told I'm a horrible person, selfish, only care about myself, don't love their daughter, and that it essentially be terrible for them if I had a family with her, and that I'm not welcome at anything they do, and then have my partner go round and see them. They're just going to sabotage the relationship/come between us, and I think I deserve my partner standing by me now her parents have been shown for who they really are, as understandably terribly difficult as that will be for her after years of this. I can't build a future with them involved. She is understandable devastated and saying that she can't have the life she wanted, i.e her partner interacting happily with her family, and her family involved with their grandchildren, if she stays with me. She's also said that she probably won't be able to have that with anyone she meets. The latter with varying degrees of strength (she sometimes blames herself with statements like "it's the men i meet, the type of men I find attractive, it's my fault). She said she doesn't understand why they don't seemingly want her to be happy, why they can't just be friendly, and why they don't have any empathy for anyone else or ability to feign or try to understand someone elses perspective/feelings/point of view.

I don't know what else I could have done other than agree to be abused.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:48:15 am by butchersdog »

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2019, 10:07:34 am »
The mother is most definitely a narcissist, and the father enables her.  They will never change.  No one will ever be good enough for their daughter. 

It sounds like the sister is the golden child, and your partner is the scapegoat.  They have obviously controlled your partner all her life, and do not want to lose that control.

You have done all you can do.  For your own sake you must not see them.  As for your partner, if she continues to have a relationship with her parents, she will never have a life of her own.  For her own good she has to break free from them.  If she won't, unfortunately, I think your relationship is doomed.  They don't want you to make their daughter happy, because they don't want her to be happy.

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2019, 10:19:04 am »
Jesus Christ, sounds like it basically went as bad as you could have imagined.

They just sound like genuinely horrible, toxic people and I don't see any other option for you other than no contact and I think for the sake of the relationship your partner probably needs to to not see them as well, especially if you are looking to start a family at some point in the future.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2019, 10:21:44 am »
The mother is most definitely a narcissist, and the father enables her.  They will never change.  No one will ever be good enough for their daughter. 

It sounds like the sister is the golden child, and your partner is the scapegoat.  They have obviously controlled your partner all her life, and do not want to lose that control.

You have done all you can do.  For your own sake you must not see them.  As for your partner, if she continues to have a relationship with her parents, she will never have a life of her own.  For her own good she has to break free from them.  If she won't, unfortunately, I think your relationship is doomed.  They don't want you to make their daughter happy, because they don't want her to be happy.

Agree with this.

Although I personally wouldn’t go down the route of giving her an ultimatum, as even if she chooses you and not to see them I can only see that causing some resentment down the line. It would need to be her decision.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2019, 10:27:32 am »
Agree with this.

Although I personally wouldn’t go down the route of giving her an ultimatum, as even if she chooses you and not to see them I can only see that causing some resentment down the line. It would need to be her decision.

I agree, it has to be the daughter's decision not to see her parents.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2019, 10:30:15 am »
They don't want you to make their daughter happy, because they don't want her to be happy.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2019, 10:35:47 am »
In Pennsylvania it's illegal to marry your widow's sister.

Took Henry VIII 10 years and a constitutional crisis to get around that problem

Offline butchersdog

• Scouse Tiger.....grrrr :)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2019, 10:36:08 am »

Would you feel any guilt about that? Like I'm coming between her and her family, and if she hadn't met me, this wouldn't have happened and although I think the situation is abusive, she could have just carried on with it without the hurt of addressing it?

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2019, 10:39:36 am »
Would you feel any guilt about that? Like I'm coming between her and her family, and if she hadn't met me, this wouldn't have happened and although I think the situation is abusive, she could have just carried on with it without the hurt of addressing it?

You should  not feel guilty.  You have done everything you can to compromise with her parents.  If she had not met you it would have been someone else going through this with your partner.  THe parents are solely responsible here.  It is their behaviour, not yours.  The parents want you to feel like this.   Don't let them.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2019, 10:46:18 am »

You aren't coming between her and her family, her family are coming between her and having a future with someone.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2019, 10:54:45 am »
You aren't coming between her and her family, her family are coming between her and having a future with someone.

Absolutely.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 27, 2019, 11:11:11 am »

No you aren't coming between them and there is nothing to feel guilty about. They have obviously done this to every relationship she has had. Have you asked her why she and her husband got divorced?
She wants a future with kids and grandparents seeing them, but they obviously don't want that, otherwise they would be so vile.

It has to be your partners decision, but unless she chooses to break contact with them, then this and all future relationships are doomed, until they die.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #108 on: June 27, 2019, 11:19:15 am »
Not saying anything we don’t already know here but the mother is a fucking psycho.

I’d guess the dad could be won round slightly but she seems a dead loss, there’s no changing her. Honestly don’t think you can have anything to do with her so it’s down to your partner to have to choose between you or her parents which is frankly a shit situation. Sorry.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: June 27, 2019, 11:54:05 am »
Burn them in their beds.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #110 on: June 27, 2019, 11:56:00 am »
Christ, I had to stop reading that update half way through. Painful reading

Her ma needs an unmerciful boot right in the stench trench

A right wicked little wagon by the sounds of it

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #111 on: June 27, 2019, 12:06:57 pm »
Sure if he's your brother in law , his wife is your sister?
Bastard  #2

My wife's brother

Feckers...

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: June 27, 2019, 12:18:02 pm »
I think you have shown amazing restraint. I think I would have knocked the witch out. Looks like your partner is coming around and seeing how evil the mother in law is too. At least you don't have to meet them again so small steps.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2019, 12:28:22 pm »

Her ma needs an unmerciful boot right in the stench trench

A right wicked little wagon by the sounds of it

I was waiting for someone to (rightly) say 'kick her in the c*nt' but Billy put it far more eloquently.

She's a fucking witch with a serious personality disorder, and her husband is a hen-pecked waste of skin. 

Tell her partner you're going to avoid any unnecessary meetings with them (maybe once a year at xmas or whatever), but don't give her an ultimatum. Tell her she's free to meet them, but that you think it's a toxic environment and she's better off substantially reducing contact. If she sees how much these meetings are hurting you - and her, by the sounds of it - if she has any ounce of human empathy she'll understand and come around to your way of thinking.
If she chooses them over you, then she's not worth it, basically.

Feel for you mate, but you're completely in the right here.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #114 on: June 27, 2019, 12:39:03 pm »

Absolutely not. As people have said, it's not you. You're just the first person she's brought home that actually had the guts to stand up to her family and show them for what they are. All it takes is one moment for someone to see who/what people really are. I think this is actually what your partner needed. She now sees her parents without the mask of "it's just their way"

They're actively going out the way to make her life miserable.

She'll be stronger for it I think.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Advice - partners parents
« Reply #115 on: June 27, 2019, 01:02:36 pm »
It’s good you had an old fashioned row - all cards on the table and nothing left to wonder about.

Questions you need to ask yourself:

1. Do you want to spend the rest of your life with your partner?
If yes, is it worth calling her parents Mr and Mrs (maybe it’s due to my cultural lens/age but doesn’t seem a big deal to me personally)

2. If you are prepared to bend on the Mr/Mrs are strong enough to bend no further and
a. Call out rudeness when it happens
b. Leave the occasion when it happens

Shitty in laws can be managed if the lines are clearly drawn but it really does depend on how committed you are to your relationship.

One row doesn’t break a relationship forever unless you want it to.

The reality for your partner (based on your feedback) is that they haven’t done anything dire enough (no offense to you for your feelings that were hurt) for her to break with them forever.

Good luck mate, ‘it’s a hard thing* to go through but it really does come down to how much the two of you want to stay together - compromise will be required ie your partner will also have to accept that it’s perfectly okay for you to love her but not give a fig for her family - such is life

* my mum cried and took to bed for a week the day I married (I kid you not, the house was like someone had died with aunts and uncles coming around to sympathize that her eldest son had met an older woman who lured him away) - 20 plus years later they get along fine (not best mates bu well enough to interact with each other)

PS further meetings of this nature would be a waste of your time by the way - they won’t ever change so don’t bother putting yourself through the trauma of another
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:06:13 pm by Rush 82 »

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #116 on: June 27, 2019, 01:15:09 pm »
The Mother got loud and aggressive, on the front foot, straight away. I preceded to discuss the issues with the first meetings (and do we care?? etc). She stood by that, looked me in the face, and said "yes, that's right, we don't care!".

If she honestly doesn't consider that to be rude behaviour, or can't understand why someone might construe it as rude behaviour, then she's obviously got a massively skewed worldview and a seriously fucked up belief system. No doubt inherited from whoever shat her into existence and whatever environment she grew up in. And based on what you've shared with us so far, it sounds like Daddy has an equally fucked up outlook when it comes to behaviour and basic social etiquette. They seem one in the same, which probably explains why neither of them can see when the other is acting like a rude obnoxious c*nt.

The biggest red flags for me are: 

1. Her demanding that her daughter answer the phone whenever she calls the house
2. Insisting that you ought to kiss her ass because she's the prospective mother in law

I'd run a mile if I was you mate. Lay your hand down and just charge it to the game. I know that might not be what you want to hear, especially seeing as you seem to be in love with their daughter. But if there's one thing I've learned from walking this earth during my short 37 years its that the older people get, and the more set in their ways they become, the less chance there is of them ever changing. Her parents will never change mate. You can put up all the boundaries you want and hold clear-the-air talks until the cows come home, but it won't change them

Marry their daughter and they'll make your life a living hell. Just like they did to her last husband. There's a pattern here mate and I hope you see it. Again, I know that's probably not what you want to hear, but you'll be making your own gallows if you go and marry this girl. As others have mentioned, life is too effing short to be putting up with 2 invasive c*nts like that. Call it a day mate, take the heartache for a couple of months, and find yourself a new relationship with a little less baggage. That would be my 2 cent. Good luck!

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #117 on: June 27, 2019, 01:17:35 pm »
Print off this thread. Post it to the mentalist and sit back.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: June 27, 2019, 01:28:40 pm »
Anyone else picture the mum as viscous looking mix of Camilla Parker-Bowles & Esther Ranzen?
I was thinking more along these lines

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: June 27, 2019, 01:34:28 pm »

I'd run a mile if I was you mate. Lay your hand down and just charge it to the game. I know that might not be what you want to hear, especially seeing as you seem to be in love with their daughter. But if there's one thing I've learned from walking this earth during my short 37 years its that the older people get, and the more set in their ways they become, the less chance there is of them ever changing. Her parents will never change mate. You can put up all the boundaries you want and hold clear-the-air talks until the cows come home, but it won't change them

Not only do people not change, they get worse. My wifes mother is 79 and it turns she was always a bit of a c*nt but she has gotten more and more nasty/vile/despicable/evil as she has aged. I swear she has been trying to get me and the wife to divorce for years, for no other reason than because she felt like doing it.