Author Topic: Spanish Football  (Read 587188 times)

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spanish Football 2016/2017
« Reply #240 on: October 3, 2016, 05:18:38 am »
I know he won the treble on his first season and won the double last year but is Luis Enrique a top coach? Or does having the likes of Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta hide a lot of his weaknesses? Today he was tactically outclassed especially in the first half, sure, he made the right subs but had he started with Iniesta in midfield, the game would have changed significantly. This is also not the first time, he got it wrong with his tactics and a lot of times his players got him out of jail but I don't remember that being the case when Pep was managing Barca bar maybe that 1-2 defeat against Real in the league in 2011-12 at Camp Nou.

Luis Enrique was on par at Celta and had a terrible time at Roma, sure he is fine now for Barca, but I wonder if he was to hypothetically swap jobs with Klopp, would he do as good with our squad as Klopp has done, would Klopp manage his resources if he was at Barca better than Lucho?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: October 3, 2016, 08:27:55 am »
I know he won the treble on his first season and won the double last year but is Luis Enrique a top coach? Or does having the likes of Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Iniesta hide a lot of his weaknesses? Today he was tactically outclassed especially in the first half, sure, he made the right subs but had he started with Iniesta in midfield, the game would have changed significantly. This is also not the first time, he got it wrong with his tactics and a lot of times his players got him out of jail but I don't remember that being the case when Pep was managing Barca bar maybe that 1-2 defeat against Real in the league in 2011-12 at Camp Nou.

Luis Enrique was on par at Celta and had a terrible time at Roma, sure he is fine now for Barca, but I wonder if he was to hypothetically swap jobs with Klopp, would he do as good with our squad as Klopp has done, would Klopp manage his resources if he was at Barca better than Lucho?
I think Barca have a few underlying problems.

First off the timing of the last treble meant Laporta failed in his bid to become president again. This was pretty huge as the last two presidents have travelled down a different path than Laporta and his Cruyffian ideas's. The push towards Brazilian type football is ruining their passing football.

Enrique is also not a Cruyffian follower. Last night he decided to beat the press but thumping long balls, a fucking joke. Shows were the football of the club has failed.

I think personally in order for the likes of Sergio, Pique and Iniesta to be utilized correctly you need the team to play proper Barca football. Short quick passing ect. You can allow for two, perhaps three players who are more direct. Previously they had Henry, Villa, Pedro and Masch and rarely did you see any more than two in the team at one time. Last night they played Neymar (a great player for another team, I wouldn't have him near this team. He loses the ball so easy at times and slows the play up hugely. ) Turan, Mathieu, Suarez and Gomes. Too many players unable to move the ball first time at pace in the Barca way. Too many players without the respect for the ball in the way Xavi, Iniesta and Sergio had.

Finally the had stopped moving players up from the youths. I don't know if this is a failure to produce at younger levels or is they no longer have the talents there. However I don't think Enrique wants to play the way Pep played, therefore the way the youth teams play.

The big problem came when Laporta lost the presidency. Pep fell out with the new president because the vision of the club changed. They still have fantastic players, but the success isn't built on core idea's any more, but on the cult of the individual, Neymar, Messi, and Suarez.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: October 3, 2016, 12:25:24 pm »
 Prandelli will be likely another disastrous appointment for Valencia.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: October 3, 2016, 02:33:22 pm »

Enrique did very well at Celta. He may not be a top coach but i don't think you need to be a great coach to do well at Barcelona. With their philosophy in place they need someone who understands their style of play and Enrique, being a former player with 300 appearances knows their system very well. Mourinho is a better manager but would be a worse fit for Barca.  In that sense Barca are truly different from other big clubs.
« Last Edit: October 3, 2016, 02:37:52 pm by golgolgol »

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: October 3, 2016, 05:06:59 pm »

Yes, of course he would. Klopp's a far better manager than Enrique.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Eleven

• Voted for Trump. Not keen on LGBT rights.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #245 on: October 4, 2016, 11:13:14 am »
Atletico favorites for the league at moment, Barcelona and Madrid look to be in a slump and I think Atletico can take advantage of that.

Berizzo is an quality manager love watching his Celta Vigo team, Sisto was an excellent buy in the summer and will prove overtime to become a better player than Nolito was for them.

Berizzo, Sampaoli, Simeone and Pochettino all from the same country and all doing excellent for their clubs.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2016, 11:38:12 am by Eleven »

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 4, 2016, 11:47:49 am »
This Barca team no doubt are far more reliant on individual ability rather than team but not sure that's all down to Enrique.

Have the club bought the right players?  Look at the Nolito debacle last January and how the club didn't get him for Enrique.

Enrique this year seems to be resting players very early as his worried about burnout.  Last year if you remember the team was running on empty from say March onwards.  They looked dead on there feet but I think his being to extreme so early in resting too many players.

Is Alves missed?  That guy got a lot of stick but for me he is a Barcelona legend.

Busquets seems off but as someone above posted the team are not playing in a way to get the best from him this year.

I don think they have stopped promoting from youth its just these things come in cycles and its more likely they just are not producing the required quality just now.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #247 on: October 4, 2016, 09:25:38 pm »
I don't think Enrique is that good a manager.
I can see Koeman ending there to replace Enrique in the near future, as the Board will get tired of fuck ups like the ones against Celta Vigo twice in two years.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 4, 2016, 10:11:01 pm »
I can see Koeman ending there to replace Enrique in the near future, as the Board will get tired of fuck ups like the ones against Celta Vigo twice in two years.

Enrique isn't going to get sacked for a game like that, if he fails to win anything thiss year then yeah, but if they go win the league or the european cup, they won't give a fuck about Celta.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 4, 2016, 10:12:56 pm »
Enrique isn't going to get sacked for a game like that, if he fails to win anything thiss year then yeah, but if they go win the league or the european cup, they won't give a fuck about Celta.
True. But what are the chance of winning la Liga? Cause I can't see how they can win the Champions League.
So yes, I believe he is going to get the sack sooner rather than later.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: October 4, 2016, 10:18:47 pm »
Enrique will get at least the rest of the season. Barcelona are not in the business of sacking coaches midway through a campaign. I'd still back them to win La Liga because it's goals that win trophies more often than not and they have more in them than any other team. Actually, if we're looking at coaches under pressure Zidane should arguably be taking more stick. Real have drawn 4 in a row and don't look a team at all. To be honest I wouldn't say they were particularly well coached last season, Zidane won the CL and that's something nobody can ever take away from him but how many great performances did they put in even when on that magnificent run in La Liga? Elite level talent can go a long to masking a coach's shortcomings and I believe we're seeing 2 ordinary coaches get bailed out by individual brilliance.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #251 on: October 4, 2016, 10:44:54 pm »
Cause I can't see how they can win the Champions League.

Have you seen their front three?

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 5, 2016, 02:56:06 am »
True. But what are the chance of winning la Liga?

I'd say pretty damn good, considering their attack.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 5, 2016, 03:07:26 am »
True. But what are the chance of winning la Liga? Cause I can't see how they can win the Champions League.

Are you taking the piss? You make it sound like they're Valencia not Barcelona. The chances are very fucking good considering the players they have, so no I don't believe the loss against Celta will be important in the grand scheme of things, unless they go and lose a number of games in a row and fuck it up completely. There's a bigger chance of them winning the league, or the champions league than him getting the sack.

Jesus christ.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 5, 2016, 03:08:13 am »
Have you seen their front three?

Apparently he hasn't seen anything in the last two years. THe mind boggles.

Offline Eleven

• Anny Roader
« Reply #255 on: October 5, 2016, 11:15:11 am »
Atletico are the favourites for the league at the moment, Barca still have that Messi guy to comeback from his injury though.

If Real Madrid won the Champions League last season why can't Barca this season.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: October 5, 2016, 11:17:38 am »
Atletico are favourites for the league?  :lmao

Offline Eleven

• Anny Roader
« Reply #257 on: October 5, 2016, 11:29:24 am »
Atletico are favourites for the league?  :lmao
Won it under Simeone before, reached 2 Champions League finals in three seasons and this is their strongest squad since 13/14.

Things can change in football but at the moment I make them favourites for the league, what team is currently at top of the table  ???

It's not like I said Tottenham are going to win the Premier League or Napoli are going to win Serie A.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: October 5, 2016, 11:30:39 am »
Won it under Simeone before, reached 2 Champions League finals in three seasons and this is their strongest squad since 13/14.

Things can change in football but at the moment I make them favourites for the league, what team is currently at top of the table  ???

It's not like I said Tottenham are going to win the Premier League or Napoli are going to win Serie A.

They're top but the favourites? Not in a month of sundays, they're in with a chance to but to say they're more likely to win it than Real or Barcelona is crazy after 7 games. You can get 11/2 on Atleti winning the league, you should pile into that.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: October 5, 2016, 02:11:22 pm »

As if Koeman would leave Everton for Barcelona :lmao

As if they'd want him :lmao
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 5, 2016, 02:47:30 pm »
They're top but the favourites? Not in a month of sundays, they're in with a chance to but to say they're more likely to win it than Real or Barcelona is crazy after 7 games. You can get 11/2 on Atleti winning the league, you should pile into that.

Decent bet, though, to be fair!  ;D

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: October 5, 2016, 06:50:30 pm »

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2016, 12:28:53 pm »

Looks like a cake rather than a model!

Offline Vinay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2016, 02:33:42 pm »
Apparently he hasn't seen anything in the last two years. THe mind boggles.
Well last year A Madrid kept them  quiet enough to progress to the final.
This year the rest of the team seem to piss about and the goals from the front free may not see them through as often as they did over the last two years.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2016, 05:32:44 pm »
Well last year A Madrid kept them  quiet enough to progress to the final.
This year the rest of the team seem to piss about and the goals from the front free may not see them through as often as they did over the last two years.

Based on what exactly?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: October 12, 2016, 10:27:25 pm »
La Liga Sets Clasico Start Time To Rival EPL In Far East TV Market

La Liga has scheduled the first Clasico of 16-17 between Real Madrid and Barcelona on Dec. 3rd for 4:15 CET to compete directly against the Premier League in the Far East television market.

La Liga president Javier Tebas told Cadena Ser radio: "The Barcelona and Real Madrid game will be played on Saturday at 4:15 p.m. The game will not be aired in England because of the TV embargo that is placed at that time.

"We had three windows we had considered, at 1 p.m., 4:15 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. We analyzed those with our audiovisual team and to play at 6 p.m. is too late in Asia while to play at 1 p.m. is too early for the American market."

La Liga eliminated the 10 p.m. local time kickoffs (4 p.m. ET) on Saturdays and introduced a new 1 p.m. local time on Saturday (7 a.m. ET).

"I look at other [foreign] leagues when setting the timetable," Tebas said. "The timetable is a strategy we have been working on in recent years and the results are there. Our international sales have tripled because of that and the quality of the players we have in our league.

"We are continuously looking at ways that we can improve our product. For example, we have installed aerial cameras in seven venues and by the end of the season, we will have that in three more stadiums."

ADRIANA GARCIA/ESPN

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: October 12, 2016, 10:29:15 pm »
Disgraceful that. Football is shit.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 13, 2016, 01:05:56 am »
could someone explain me that "La Liga president Javier Tebas told Cadena Ser radio: "The Barcelona and Real Madrid game will be played on Saturday at 4:15 p.m. The game will not be aired in England because of the TV embargo that is placed at that time." part?

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 13, 2016, 01:07:56 am »
Can't show games in England from 3pm to 5.15pm, assume so people still go to stadiums or something.

Offline Eleven

• Anny Roader
« Reply #270 on: October 13, 2016, 01:16:55 am »
Classico games at night are fantastic, can't believe they scheduled the biggest fixture in Spanish football at 4.15 p.m. what a joke  :butt :butt :butt 
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 01:18:28 am by Eleven »

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 15, 2016, 02:47:03 pm »
Historic day in La Liga.

That's right - after 21 attempts, Sevilla actually won away from home!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: October 15, 2016, 02:48:12 pm »
Historic day in La Liga.

That's right - after 21 attempts, Sevilla actually won away from home!

They managed it after being pegged back from 2-0 up as well. They're top of the league now I think.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: October 15, 2016, 02:55:31 pm »
They managed it after being pegged back from 2-0 up as well. They're top of the league now I think.

Good stuff, hope they can stay in the race for a bit.

Offline ZeusMetallica

• Kopite
« Reply #274 on: October 15, 2016, 05:19:23 pm »
Barcelona beat Deportivo 4 goals to nothing at the Camp Nou today. Neymar was absolutely on fire, his passing is very underrated. Rafinha with a brace, Luisito with the third, and Messi coming off the bench (after his injury) adding the 4th.

Ps, that Paco lad still hasn't scored, he's doing everything right but putting the ball at the back of the net.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: October 15, 2016, 07:11:52 pm »
Atletico 6-1 up. Ruthless.

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: October 15, 2016, 07:12:23 pm »
Probably the first time Atleti have scored 6 under Diego, usually a one or two goal margin. I turned off at 2-1 at HT, woops.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: October 15, 2016, 07:12:56 pm »
Granada are dogshit. 2 points from 8 matches says it all.

Offline Eleven

• Anny Roader
« Reply #278 on: October 15, 2016, 07:38:23 pm »
Carrasco is boss

Atletico looking like the best team in the world at the moment.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: October 15, 2016, 08:30:01 pm »
A competitive weekend.