Author Topic: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]  (Read 99129 times)

Online Thehunter1978

• Anny Roader
Re: Gomorrah - TV Series [No Spoilers]
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2016, 07:54:35 pm »
Yeah it's on Sky's On Demand.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2016, 11:19:11 pm »
Terrific series. Ciro is one bad bastard.

:)

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #282 on: May 20, 2016, 10:43:00 am »
Another superb 2 episodes.

That Annalisa is one evil bitch isn't she
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: May 22, 2016, 03:42:28 pm »
Great, great series.
One of few I follow every week, haven't done that since the first season of True Detective.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #284 on: May 26, 2016, 11:01:03 pm »
Another two brilliant episodes
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 28, 2016, 07:05:10 pm »
Yep, really good season so far.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: June 1, 2016, 11:58:41 am »
2 more tonight! Episode 6 was boss.

Loving these 2 episodes a week releases.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #287 on: June 1, 2016, 04:26:50 pm »
must have told 50 people about this, around one has actually done it, their loss.
YNWA

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: June 1, 2016, 04:27:37 pm »
must have told 50 people about this, around one has actually done it, their loss.

Annoying isn't it. As soon as you mention subtitles it's a write off.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #289 on: June 1, 2016, 04:38:37 pm »
^^ive never got the hang up about subs, unless your watching from far away or in bed watching it sideways it really doesnt matter, reading what they are sayin takes so little thought! Ah well, we tried. Lets just enjoy the fact it has a cult following here and embrace the inner Hipster

YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #290 on: June 1, 2016, 05:30:04 pm »
Get the impression that Northern Italians probably need sub titles as well as it seems that they talk with a sort of Neapolitan/Scouse twang. Think Gennarino and Ciro have a bit of the Curtis Warren going on.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #291 on: June 1, 2016, 06:03:20 pm »

Hahahaha, exactly what Ive gone through. The one person that did it thinks the Sopranos was the best show of all time. After watching season 1, he said, "Ive never seen a better season of television in my life."

Their loss, indeed.
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #292 on: June 1, 2016, 06:15:54 pm »
Stop posting abar this willya...I'm already jonesing.... ;D

Where we up to, how many ep's left?
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Zealot87

• Boys Pen
« Reply #293 on: June 2, 2016, 07:42:10 am »
Hi all, I'm both italian and british and I can ensure you that basically also in italy we are forced to use the subtitles... but it's not a big deal, "la serie" is even more real in that way. In Italy this serial has become a huge mass phenom, everyone talks and "acts" like the characters of the show.
I'm just so pissed off that so many people are not watching this because "it's italian" or because of the subtitiles. This is one of the greatest show ever made, full stop.
If you have any question, you can ask me ;) !
« Last Edit: June 2, 2016, 01:10:03 pm by Zealot87 »

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #294 on: June 2, 2016, 08:10:14 am »
Hi all, I'm both italian and british and I can ensure you that basically also in italy we are forced to use the subtitles... but it's not a big deal, the serie is even more real in that way. In Italy this series become a huge mass phenom, everyone talks and "acts" like the characters of the show.
I'm just so pissed off that so many people are not watching this because "it's italian" or because of the subtitiles. This is one of the greatest show ever made, full stop.
If you have any question, you can ask me ;) !
Alright la. :wave

Fuck Gomorrah...where's season 2 of 1992/1993?   ;D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Zealot87

• Boys Pen
« Reply #295 on: June 2, 2016, 08:31:14 am »
Alright la. :wave

Fuck Gomorrah...where's season 2 of 1992/1993?   ;D

I've heard 2017 for 1993 , 2018 for 1994.
Gomorrah season 3 and 4 was already confirmed by Sky, with shorter production times ( I suppose one year= one season).

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #296 on: June 2, 2016, 01:44:08 pm »
I've heard 2017 for 1993 , 2018 for 1994.
Gomorrah season 3 and 4 was already confirmed by Sky, with shorter production times ( I suppose one year= one season).
That I ready knew..was hoping for some better news...I'm grasping. ;D

We'll see Subarra before then I think.

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #297 on: June 3, 2016, 06:52:44 am »
This reason has been excellent with episodes 5,7,8 being standout episodes for me. The focus on a different character each episode has worked well this season. Pep went from a sympathetic character in the beginning of the first season to a detestable one by the end of it, I hate it that my sympathies are moving towards him again.

Spoiler
Prince was one cool, calculating guy in any other story he survives. In Gomorrah he was just not paranoid enough to survive.
[close]
[/quote]
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: June 7, 2016, 10:49:03 pm »
Just back from holiday and caught up with the last 4 episodes.

Episode 7 was fucking immense. This show has blown away anything else I've watched this year with ease and that includes GoT and BCS.

Spoiler
The last 2 episodes has seen the demise of 2 great characters in Prince and Dwarf. No fucker is safe in this show and I'm certain there will be more high profile deaths before the end of season.

No way all 3 of Genny, Ciro and the super cool Don Pietro are making it through to season 3.

Personally, I reckon Trax, Malamore or the Gangster bitch will be next in the ground.

Jesus! How brutal was that scene where dwarf beat his so called mate to death with a pool queue!! Insane,
[close]

I'd go so far as to say this is the best crime drama I've ever watched. It's gripping, it's brutal ,it's just so goddam good in every aspect. Plot, casting, cinematography, dialogue, action. Fuckin magnificent TV.

As you can see...I'm a bit of a fan. :)

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: June 8, 2016, 08:26:06 pm »

I'd go so far as to say this is the best crime drama I've ever watched. It's gripping, it's brutal ,it's just so goddam good in every aspect. Plot, casting, cinematography, dialogue, action. Fuckin magnificent TV.

100% this. Fantastic series.

2 more tonight! ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: June 8, 2016, 09:51:05 pm »
Started with the first episode last night.

Obviously with anything, there's a bit of a bedding in process before you know if it's really good or not. Does it keep improving from here on in?

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: June 8, 2016, 10:51:32 pm »
Started with the first episode last night.

Obviously with anything, there's a bit of a bedding in process before you know if it's really good or not. Does it keep improving from here on in?

Gets better every episode.

Best series on at the moment in my eyes

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
« Reply #302 on: June 9, 2016, 12:26:29 am »
This is brilliant tele! Don't want to give anything away - I'm upto date on Sky Atlantic.

Circo - he's horrible but you can't fully hate him. I'm unsure why!

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: June 9, 2016, 06:55:06 am »
This is brilliant tele! Don't want to give anything away - I'm upto date on Sky Atlantic.

Circo - he's horrible but you can't fully hate him. I'm unsure why!

I hated Pep by the end of the first season. He's a horrible c*nt, but I'm starting to warm to him again.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: June 9, 2016, 08:01:33 am »
Beware: Series 2 Episodes 9 and 10 spoilers below. ONLY for people who are up to date!!

Spoiler
Personally, I reckon Trax, Malamore or the Gangster bitch will be next in the ground.
[close]

Spoiler
Well i got one out of 3.  Should have been 2 out of 3 but that mad bitch Lady Annalise got out of Dodge just in time.  I suspect she's safely banged up in prison now for a while.

Will miss Trax, He was a great character the mad little fucker.

Next week double header and finale is gonna be a shitstorm and a thing of beauty all wrapped up in 2hrs of glorious telly :)

I am going to hazard a guess that Patrizia is going to be the dominant female in season 3 alongside Don Pietro. Or maybe the Don dies and she takes over.  Not sure yet but I am convinced that Patrizia is destined for much bigger things.  Really like her character too. Love it how she sort of stands up to Don Pietro who seems to respect her.
[close]

I'd also like to see more of Marinella. oh my days :lickin

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #305 on: June 9, 2016, 09:09:41 pm »
I'm a self confessed TV nerd.

I've watched The Wire and The Sopranos probably 4 or 5 times each and consider them the absolute gold standard, I'm seven episodes into this series after re watching the first in anticipation and if it finishes strongly it will join those two on a level above everything else on television in my opinion.

I seem to remember reading earlier in the thread that series 3 and 4 had been green lit and expedited which is brilliant news!
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.
Shame how it ended, hell of a ride though.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #306 on: June 10, 2016, 02:15:26 am »
Holy fuck those 2 episodes were good
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Zealot87

• Boys Pen
« Reply #307 on: June 10, 2016, 09:25:11 am »
Didn't see Ciro's pity coming  ;D. I Felt like it was not so right for the character.
Btw, telly at it's best. Can't wait for the last 2 episodies, and I can't see how ciro, genny and pietro could all survive... so who's gonna be ?

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #308 on: June 10, 2016, 04:15:13 pm »

Get the fuck in! Best news I have heard in ages. Fucking LOVE this show.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Online red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: June 10, 2016, 04:21:54 pm »
Episode 7 was fucking immense. This show has blown away anything else I've watched this year with ease and that includes GoT and BCS.

Spoiler
The last 2 episodes has seen the demise of 2 great characters in Prince and Dwarf. No fucker is safe in this show and I'm certain there will be more high profile deaths before the end of season.

No way all 3 of Genny, Ciro and the super cool Don Pietro are making it through to season 3.

Jesus! How brutal was that scene where dwarf beat his so called mate to death with a pool queue!! Insane,
[close]

As you can see...I'm a bit of a fan. :)

Spoiler
Well i got one out of 3.  Should have been 2 out of 3 but that mad bitch Lady Annalise got out of Dodge just in time.  I suspect she's safely banged up in prison now for a while.

Will miss Trax, He was a great character the mad little fucker.

Next week double header and finale is gonna be a shitstorm and a thing of beauty all wrapped up in 2hrs of glorious telly :)

I am going to hazard a guess that Patrizia is going to be the dominant female in season 3 alongside Don Pietro. Or maybe the Don dies and she takes over.  Not sure yet but I am convinced that Patrizia is destined for much bigger things.  Really like her character too. Love it how she sort of stands up to Don Pietro who seems to respect her.
[close]

I'd also like to see more of Marinella. oh my days :lickin

Yes
Yes
Yes
(Everything in Spoilers) YES
Yes

Couldn't agree more. This must be my favourite show on TV surely, favourite since first season of "True Detective" and "Boardwalk Empire," maybe even since "Lost" and "Deadwood." It's so, so, so fucking tasty. This is such a perfect manifestation of the promise of the gangster genre - it is non-stop action and bloodshed, they "show a gun on the mantel" and it always goes off, but at the same time it is full of pathos and characters you care about or loathe in equal measure. It's impossible not to binge this motherfucker. It's like a lasagna, full of lusty meat and lusty cheese and lusty sauce - you know it will just make you even fatter, but you have to tuck in.

Online red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: June 12, 2016, 07:33:36 am »
How great is that piano music they play near the end of every episode? It's just stunning. Unfortunately, that glides straight into the abomination of the "foreign language rap"  :lmao

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: June 13, 2016, 08:43:14 am »
How great is that piano music they play near the end of every episode? It's just stunning. Unfortunately, that glides straight into the abomination of the "foreign language rap"  :lmao

Don't mind foreign language rap. The fact that I can't understand a word makes it bearable.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: June 13, 2016, 09:28:13 am »
Don't mind foreign language rap. The fact that I can't understand a word makes it bearable.

Haha. I love singing along to the Italian rap at the end even tough my Italian doesn't stretch further than Ciao and arrivederci. I just make words up but i like doing it.

Just googled it and it's called 'Nuje Vulimme 'na Speranza'.  At least on Wednesday night I will be singing the correct words on the chorus line :)

How great is that piano music they play near the end of every episode? It's just stunning.

God yeah, when the piano kicks in you know its getting near the end of an episode and more often than not something BIG is going down.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: June 13, 2016, 07:31:49 pm »
This season has been immense.
The scene with Dwarf on the beach...brrrr...

Offline Jono69

• Legacy Fan
  • You make pigs smoke!
« Reply #314 on: June 13, 2016, 11:24:54 pm »
Brilliant series. Certainly like their graffiti don't they
If you see a lovely field with a family having a picnic, and a nice pond in it, you fill in the pond with concrete, you plow the family into the soil, you blow up the tree, and use the leaves to make a dress for your wife who is also your brother.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: June 14, 2016, 12:12:48 am »
Brilliant series. Certainly like their graffiti don't they

Banksy on a twist and Rip would be welcomed with open arms in Scampia :)

Online red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: June 14, 2016, 05:50:25 am »

The problem for me mate, like Pete said above, my latent OCD gets activated by that rap and I start making up words and noises and it's ages before I can stop. The worst episode of this was when that song "I'm Like a Bird" came out - I mean, to this day every once in a while it will pop up and that's me for the next 15 minutes singing "I'm like a bird, I like to shit on heads - I don't know where my shit is - I don't know where the heads is lalala"

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: June 14, 2016, 09:20:32 am »
The problem for me mate, like Pete said above, my latent OCD gets activated by that rap and I start making up words and noises and it's ages before I can stop. The worst episode of this was when that song "I'm Like a Bird" came out - I mean, to this day every once in a while it will pop up and that's me for the next 15 minutes singing "I'm like a bird, I like to shit on heads - I don't know where my shit is - I don't know where the heads is lalala"

My one is 'Blood on the Dance-floor' by Sophie Ellis whatever her name is.

"I'm going on the dance-floor, you better not nick be booze"

or

"There's mud on the dance-floor, it better not wreck me shoes!"

Online red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: June 14, 2016, 04:30:53 pm »

My one is 'Blood on the Dance-floor' by Sophie Ellis whatever her name is.

"I'm going on the dance-floor, you better not nick be booze"

or

"There's mud on the dance-floor, it better not wreck me shoes!"

Haha!  ;D

Offline Zealot87

• Boys Pen
« Reply #319 on: June 15, 2016, 12:17:23 pm »
Yesterday in Italy we had the last two episodies... so today is the day for you guys, right ?