Author Topic: Fernando Torres  (Read 588516 times)

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
Re: Fernando Torres
« Reply #320 on: September 12, 2011, 10:09:02 pm »
Certainly a world class goalscorer. I don't think he's blessed with amazing touch and control mind, but that wasn't his role for us. He needs pace and power, high pressing and balls in behind. Chelsea are very predictable

Like many others, he just lost his way when the cowboys were here and Rafa was battling them. Got his head turned by Chelsea and the £'s and probably took the wrong advice somewhere along the line.

Bet he feels like an utter twat now. Bollocks to him. Happy plastic flag selling Nando!

Offline Treasure Everywhere

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Mr Suarez wins a corner
« Reply #321 on: September 12, 2011, 10:14:28 pm »
He tried to explain it in an interview. Said basically, he would never have gone to United or City out of respect for us, and Barca had Villa and he'd never sign for Real. So Chelsea were basically the only option for him.

Joining a team full of "old and slow" players vs. staying and playing with Gerrard and Suarez? Seems like a no-brainer to me. It's not like anyone forced him to leave and all he had was the choice of club to go to.

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: September 12, 2011, 10:15:50 pm »
We paid £35mil for him and at that price he's going to be compared to Aguero who was 2 mil more and he looks light years ahead of Carroll.
I hate it when people do not factor in the wages into the total cost of player package.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: September 12, 2011, 10:15:54 pm »
Will be tough to play himself back into form at Chelsea where he isn't scoring goals. He was starting to get better but if he doesn't score there are players who will score who will get games. Wouldn't mind if he started scoring again against Utd at the weekend though.

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #324 on: September 12, 2011, 10:19:23 pm »
i still reckon Torres could turn in a good season for Chelsea, will he ever be the phenomenon he was his first season here? No I dont think so. Ill remember some of the really good times he gave us fondly but Ill always remember the shitty way he left us, absolutely ruined the lads legacy here......

Kenny in the presser immediately after he (Torres) left made a very subtle comment about him when he talked about people who believed they were bigger than the club, and how this was a massive mistake. I think Torres believed he was too big for us, I think his ego took over after 2008/09 and his handlers fed it and kept growing.
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #325 on: September 12, 2011, 10:19:44 pm »
He must regret his desicion to leave Liverpool which is quite bitter sweet. He was adored by Liverpool fans, treated like a hero. Now he's sat warming Chelsea's bench. Good lad.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #326 on: September 12, 2011, 10:24:13 pm »
Have a feeling he'll end up with Rafa somewhere next summer.
Eurosport?

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #327 on: September 12, 2011, 10:25:41 pm »
Is it true he's not got a house in London and that he and his family hates it here? They were the rumours going around, along with players not warming to him and leaving him alone around the training ground.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #328 on: September 12, 2011, 10:31:05 pm »
Is it true he's not got a house in London and that he and his family hates it here? They were the rumours going around, along with players not warming to him and leaving him alone around the training ground.
I'm sure it's rubbish
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: September 12, 2011, 10:32:02 pm »
Why is everyone on twitter saying would you take him back?

He won't come back

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: September 12, 2011, 10:33:17 pm »

How would we know?
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #331 on: September 12, 2011, 10:33:17 pm »
Why is everyone on twitter saying would you take him back?

He won't come back

I wouldn't be so sure of that. But whether we would accept him back is another thing.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #332 on: September 12, 2011, 10:37:37 pm »

How would we know?

Haha, I wrote that without thinking. It's been a long day. What I should've asked is "does anyone think there's any truth in..."

I saw that someone posted on here a few weeks ago about knowing someone in the Chelsea kitchen who made the latter comment.

We won't ever see him in a Liverpool shirt again.
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: September 12, 2011, 10:46:32 pm »
;D

And no, I hope I never see him in a Liverpool shirt again. The tardmuscle
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: September 12, 2011, 10:48:49 pm »
I wouldn't be so sure of that. But whether we would accept him back is another thing.

Torres is 28, FSG policy states that 27/28 is the cut off as the re-sale is not at it's best why do you think we sold him at such a great price? There is no way Fernando Torres is worth 50 million right now and I believe you could contact Chelsea and buy him for around 15m max at the end of this season or January IF he fails to perform.

It seems Fernando is struggling mentally and physically the thing that made Fernando so great was his pace and after so many injuries to his knee and Liverpool playing him when he wasn't 100% didn't help but we needed him and he still performed to the best of his ability.

Fernando has hit 1 goal in 23 games for Chelsea which is an absolute shocking goal firing rate for a player who fired in goals for Liverpool.

07-08 - 46 apps 33 goals
08-09 - 38 apps 17 goals
09-10 - 32 apps 22 goals
10-11 - 26 apps 9 goals

Above is his record for Liverpool and as you can see he was played less and less towards the end of his career due to his injuries and he had no rest even at International level as Spain played in the following:

2006 world cup qualification
2006 world cup
2008 Euro's
2009 Confederations cup
2010 Euro 2012

He hasn't had a long rest in years and his body isn't able to cope with the physical pressure of the Premiership and I swear he said he couldn't keep up at the top level due to the physical level of our league and said players like John Terry and Steven Gerrard have great bodies to be able to cope with this. I'm 99% sure this was torres but couldn't find the media link for this he said this the year before he moved.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #335 on: September 12, 2011, 10:51:32 pm »
He hasn't had a long rest in years and his body isn't able to cope with the physical pressure of the Premiership and I swear he said he couldn't keep up at the top level due to the physical level of our league and said players like John Terry and Steven Gerrard have great bodies to be able to cope with this. I'm 99% sure this was torres but couldn't find the media link for this he said this the year before he moved.

Yeah it was him, mate. He said he thought by the time he was 28/29, he would have to move out of the Premiership because his body wouldn't be able to cope.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: September 12, 2011, 10:51:46 pm »

Don't know if he hasn't got a house but like other people I've heard he can't settle down there.

Personally, after all the dust has settled on Torres, I feel sorry for him. Maybe if he was scoring goals then I'd feel different but it's sad to see a player who was close to matching the form of Ronaldo at Man United, end up like this. I think he forced the move because he was so desperate for success, and didn't believe he could trust anyone after what happened with H+G and Purslow+Hodgson.

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #337 on: September 12, 2011, 10:52:41 pm »
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline PhlegmJehst

• Anny Roader
« Reply #338 on: September 12, 2011, 10:53:15 pm »
81 goals in 126 appearances...stunning..... from pure footballing terms a pleasure to watch, soon as he got on the ball you were on the edge of your seat because you knew something would happen, not many players do that for me.......

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: September 12, 2011, 11:03:04 pm »
And this is coming from a man who has played with Liverpool wingers!

Seriously though, shows how much he relied on Gerrard, silly shithouse shouldn't have fucked us off should he.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:34 pm »
Torres is 28, FSG policy states that 27/28 is the cut off as the re-sale is not at it's best why do you think we sold him at such a great price? There is no way Fernando Torres is worth 50 million right now and I believe you could contact Chelsea and buy him for around 15m max at the end of this season or January IF he fails to perform.

playing devils advocate say we signed him for 15mil and he took a massive wage to go back on his original wages we would stil have been paid 11 mil for nando (24mil plus 15 mil  - 50 mil ) surely the FSG policy wouldnt come into it then ? considering we've made a profit on him already ?

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #341 on: September 12, 2011, 11:44:24 pm »
Why would anyone want him back  :o
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #342 on: September 12, 2011, 11:46:11 pm »
Wonder what the N'Gog vs Torres odds are...

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #343 on: September 13, 2011, 01:03:44 am »
I have taken great joy in his demise. I honestly hope he never scores again. I know it's small time and bitter but it's just how I feel.

ATM I couldn't care one way or the other, but I suppose that's because he's not doing anything at all.  He may as well be playing in a foreign league for all the effect he's having at Chelsea in this league.

I'd feel worse if he'd gone to City or United and he was banging them in there as part of their flying starts to this season.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: September 13, 2011, 01:07:25 am »
But did you see him kiss the badge no? Only thing he is kissing is the cash all the way to the bank.

You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: September 13, 2011, 01:14:27 am »
I hate it when people do not factor in the wages into the total cost of player package.

I find it gas how it's only very recently people started harping on about wages. I wonder why that is eh?

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #346 on: September 13, 2011, 01:14:32 am »
But did you see him kiss the badge no? Only thing he is kissing is the cash all the way to the bank.

I don't see it making him happy, though - despite the huge sums involved I find it hard to believe that that's all that motivates all players.

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: September 13, 2011, 01:29:33 am »
Would have him back in a heartbeat

Offline LF

• C
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: September 13, 2011, 01:35:25 am »
I feel sorry for him  :-\

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #349 on: September 13, 2011, 01:43:13 am »
Come on and get the winner on Sunday after we beat Spurs please El Nino

Do that one last thing
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: September 13, 2011, 02:18:34 am »
I feel sorry for him  :-\
Don't be daft

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: September 13, 2011, 02:19:23 am »

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #352 on: September 13, 2011, 02:44:24 am »
The same people calling Torres a c*nt, will be the same ones giving Suarez dog's abuse should he leave if we dont qualify for the Champions League.

End of the day. the world's greates players want to win honors, make money and play in the world's greatest club competition.

From Torres' vantage point in the Summer of 10 and January 11, it seemed it would take years for us to reach that. I dont blame him for leaving, just as I wont Pepe or Suarez should they move this Summmer if we dont finish in the top 4.

We need to be competing at the highest level if we want to have the highest qualityu player at the club. End of story. Even our own home grown Steven Gerrard in his pomp would have left us had the Miracle of Istanbul never happened.

Good post.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: September 13, 2011, 02:47:28 am »
I'll never forget him, to be honest, phenomenal player for us at one point.

I don't have any sympathy for him, neither do I care about him anymore. He chose Chelsea over us and now his career is slowly fading away from him, that'll teach him.
100% agree with that

Offline KingsRevolution

• Kopite
« Reply #354 on: September 13, 2011, 03:02:02 am »
So if we got offered him back for say half of what Chelsea paid for him, some people wouldn't have him back?
football's full of people holding grudges. He could honestly be the difference between us challenging for titles or not.
Hmmmmm, if he did come back (which i would like to add is obviously a retorical question) and he scored 20+ a season plus we made a profit on him id be made up.

Still it'll never...... i just dont like the thought that people actually wanted take him back when next time we lose 1-0 after having a dozen chances in the match, they'd be moaning becuase we need that fox in the box forward.  :)

Offline chazza36

• Main Stander
« Reply #355 on: September 13, 2011, 03:20:18 am »
Wonder if he got the option to turn back time what he would do
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog, you must stick together. Then you don't get lost. If there's a secret about Liverpool, that's it."

Online stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #356 on: September 13, 2011, 03:31:49 am »
Something I thought about as well after the Stoke game was how much I missed his cool finishing.

Remember the Villa away game that closed 2009? Did absolutely fuck all all game, barely got a touch let alone a sight on goal. Then in the last few seconds, the ball falls kindly for him and from a tight angle he expertly and colly slotted it home.

Just clinical. Nothing to do with pace. Just a quick sight of gaol and boom. Goal. Really cant remember him missing many chances when he was at ours.

And the thing is, you look at him now, and it's similar to Carroll in that I just dont even see him MISSING chances. I havent seen him get a sight of goal for ages. He's not even in positions when he can finish things off.

This.

On form for me he was the best and most deadliest striker infront of goal in the world.

It's an absolute shame what he's become, watching him play the way he plays now is heartbreaking. I don't care what anyone says, i know he left us an all but i really do feel sorry for him.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: September 13, 2011, 03:46:45 am »
why would i take him back?

because he is much better than Carroll and he would be perfect with Suarez

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: September 13, 2011, 04:02:56 am »
because he is much better than Carroll

Oh, you.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #359 on: September 13, 2011, 04:29:47 am »
why would i take him back?

because he is much better than Carroll and he would be perfect with Suarez

Carroll's scored 3 times as much as Torres has at his new club, in nearly half a many starts.

I call bullshit.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society