Author Topic: Unemployed Rawkites  (Read 252982 times)

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Unemployed Rawkites
« Reply #2840 on: December 2, 2014, 10:03:40 am »
Well I'm back in the unemployed line, got my redundancy notice today.

What I find strange was that they just sent me home, that can't be right? I've got a meeting for next week where I'm able to either accept the redundancy or find alternative roles within the company. But I'm sure it's usually a notice period for this? Find it strange that I just got sent home, unless that is how redundancy works?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2841 on: December 2, 2014, 10:21:33 am »

What I find strange was that they just sent me home, that can't be right? I've got a meeting for next week where I'm able to either accept the redundancy or find alternative roles within the company. But I'm sure it's usually a notice period for this? Find it strange that I just got sent home, unless that is how redundancy works?

Are you technically on Gardening Leave? Was it just you or have they made redundancies across the business? Depending on the numbers being made redundant there probably should be a consultation period of about 30 days. During this time you won't need to come in (apart from that meeting you mentioned) but in theory you should still be on full pay. Once that consultancy period is over you'll either have found a new role or will leave the business and get any notice period/redundancy package (if you're entitled to anything).

Good luck!

EDIT - It happened to me a few years ago too and was basically told to leave there and then too. Makes you feel a bit shit but it's generally how they do things. I did have to text the mate I sat next to and quickly ask him to log out of RAWK though, and also close down the job application I was submitting! :D
« Last Edit: December 2, 2014, 10:23:20 am by C(r)osby Bill »

Offline WooltonDave

• Best car driver in Woolton. According to himself.
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2842 on: December 2, 2014, 10:24:27 am »

It is exactly how it works. There will be no job anywhere else in the company, your redundancy is final. If there was somewhere else they wouldn't of said for you to go home.

This go home lark is for two reasons. One, to give you that time to take stock of it without you affecting your colleagues still with a job by it.  And two, so you don't start robbing all the stationary or putting DEL *.* or DROP TABLE into the company server. It is also the law actually that they have to go through those procedures. Your meeting next week is to tell you there is nothing for you officially and advise your redundancy is final. Remember though, they are not making you redundant per se, moreover the position you held. They cannot re-employ anyone else in that position for I believe 6 months minimum.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2014, 10:28:19 am by WooltonDave »
"He's got a kiss from a man wearing a blue and white shirt".............Quasimodo............Lady Killer.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: December 2, 2014, 10:52:41 am »
Thanks guys.

I'm the only one being made redundant in my department, as my job was basically data entry/admin and they do it on iPads now (for flight deck, worked at an airline). What you both have said is exactly what they said aswell, that they will give me a two week consulting period where I am free to apply for other jobs within the company or elsewhere and that next Tuesday a decision will be made. I've worked there for two years so getting two months pay.

They never mentioned anything about pay during this period though. Is it correct that I still get paid from the last payday (27th Nov) until next week? Might have to mention that to them.

First thing I did after I got my notice was log off RAWK :D Oh well, atleast now I can watch tonights match in peace. Been wanting to leave this job for ages. Hopefully a new door will be opened soon.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2844 on: December 2, 2014, 10:55:31 am »
Thanks guys.

I'm the only one being made redundant in my department, as my job was basically data entry/admin and they do it on iPads now (for flight deck, worked at an airline). What you both have said is exactly what they said aswell, that they will give me a two week consulting period where I am free to apply for other jobs within the company or elsewhere and that next Tuesday a decision will be made. I've worked there for two years so getting two months pay.

They never mentioned anything about pay during this period though. Is it correct that I still get paid from the last payday (27th Nov) until next week? Might have to mention that to them.

First thing I did after I got my notice was log off RAWK :D Oh well, atleast now I can watch tonights match in peace. Been wanting to leave this job for ages. Hopefully a new door will be opened soon.

Yeah, pretty sure you will be paid in full for the next two weeks. No harm in confirming though. As for the 2 months pay, just check that one as I think legally they only have to pay you at the statutory rate as opposed to your current salary but it differs from company to company.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #2845 on: December 2, 2014, 11:15:52 am »
Thanks guys.

Were you the only one doing that job?

More importantly, what's your job title on your contract? If there are other people with the same job title/description, they should also be included in the redundancy consideration.

It's worthwhile to get a free 30 minute consultation with an Employment solicitor, as a heck of a lot of companies mess up with redundancy procedures. A few years ago I went to a Redundancy 1st consultation meeting with about 10 colleagues, there's a guy sat with us who none of us knew.................it was the poor fellas first day on the job. Luckily for me I made the grade though half the lads lost their jobs, including the newbie.

Good luck mate.
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2846 on: December 2, 2014, 11:26:16 am »
Yeah, pretty sure you will be paid in full for the next two weeks. No harm in confirming though. As for the 2 months pay, just check that one as I think legally they only have to pay you at the statutory rate as opposed to your current salary but it differs from company to company.
Yeah will ask them regarding the pay. Do you know if I'm able to take up any temp, immediate start jobs? Not sure as I haven't actually signed or confirmed anything yet

Were you the only one doing that job?

More importantly, what's your job title on your contract? If there are other people with the same job title/description, they should also be included in the redundancy consideration.

It's worthwhile to get a free 30 minute consultation with an Employment solicitor, as a heck of a lot of companies mess up with redundancy procedures. A few years ago I went to a Redundancy 1st consultation meeting with about 10 colleagues, there's a guy sat with us who none of us knew.................it was the poor fellas first day on the job. Luckily for me I made the grade though half the lads lost their jobs, including the newbie.

Good luck mate.

Yeah I'm the only one doing this job which is why everyone else is staying on and I've been let go. Bit of a stinker this morning when I had pakced all my stuff and everyone asking me where I was going.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2847 on: December 2, 2014, 11:30:51 am »
Yeah will ask them regarding the pay. Do you know if I'm able to take up any temp, immediate start jobs? Not sure as I haven't actually signed or confirmed anything yet

It was a bit different for me as they made over 100 redundant so we had a 90 day consultancy period. Technically you could start looking immediately but if you found (and started) a job before that time was up I would technically have been resigning and therefore wouldn't have got any of the redundancy package. I looked for stuff, had a couple of interviews and then blagged my 'notice period' accordingly. Ended up getting and starting something about a month or so after I was officially made redundant so worked out well.

As you only have a 2 week window I'd be surprised if you did find something so quickly. No harm in signing up with agencies etc though and just say you can't start before x date and you should be ok to make sure you still get whatever pay out you are due.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2848 on: December 2, 2014, 07:45:05 pm »
It was a bit different for me as they made over 100 redundant so we had a 90 day consultancy period. Technically you could start looking immediately but if you found (and started) a job before that time was up I would technically have been resigning and therefore wouldn't have got any of the redundancy package. I looked for stuff, had a couple of interviews and then blagged my 'notice period' accordingly. Ended up getting and starting something about a month or so after I was officially made redundant so worked out well.

As you only have a 2 week window I'd be surprised if you did find something so quickly. No harm in signing up with agencies etc though and just say you can't start before x date and you should be ok to make sure you still get whatever pay out you are due.
Nice one, appreciate the help everyone

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2849 on: December 4, 2014, 10:36:38 am »
Had nothing but knock backs since I started looking in September, I'll try again in the new year I think.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #2850 on: December 4, 2014, 11:53:59 pm »
Had nothing but knock backs since I started looking in September, I'll try again in the new year I think.

Dont give up mate, keep at it and something will come up

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #2851 on: December 6, 2014, 10:36:27 am »
Just some info for those still looking .

Keep an eye out on Transport for London for jobs after Christmas they are having a massive recruitment drive .

I know for some it's not local but they pay excellent money .

They intend to employ approx 300 yes 300 tube drivers in the next couple of years with some 24 hour tube openings soon . Pay is £49k at the moment .

Also 24 Revenue Protection Inspectors , pay £31k rising to £38k.

Plus 80 new roles no name yet but like a TFL's PCSO equivalent not sure of the pay but will be £25-30k I reckon.

No qualifications are needed but it's your dealing with experiences & customer service skills that are paramount

Like say if needs must keep an eye out in the website
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline RJane89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2852 on: December 9, 2014, 11:03:13 am »
Applied for some job online yesterday and Brook Street called me this morning offering me a job interview tomorrow... from a bit of googling Brook Street looks like the middle man, yet I've never heard of them before.

Anybody got any experience with them? They're on Castle Street.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2853 on: December 9, 2014, 11:28:53 am »
Been looking to relocate to Scotland for ages now, wife has sent CV to evry relevant agency, and applied for every advertised job.

She's been offered prolly 15 jobs, all in the Grampian region, but I'm fucked if we can afford a house up there.

Just had a call back from a job on Stornoway last night, so fingers crossed. Only problem is, I'll never get work there.
 :(
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #2854 on: December 9, 2014, 11:56:43 am »
Cleared my locker in work last night and handed in my badge.

Now an X Ford worker...

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #2855 on: December 9, 2014, 03:42:22 pm »
Just some info for those still looking .

Keep an eye out on Transport for London for jobs after Christmas they are having a massive recruitment drive .

I know for some it's not local but they pay excellent money .

They intend to employ approx 300 yes 300 tube drivers in the next couple of years with some 24 hour tube openings soon . Pay is £49k at the moment .

Also 24 Revenue Protection Inspectors , pay £31k rising to £38k.

Plus 80 new roles no name yet but like a TFL's PCSO equivalent not sure of the pay but will be £25-30k I reckon.

No qualifications are needed but it's your dealing with experiences & customer service skills that are paramount

Like say if needs must keep an eye out in the website

Cheers for the heads up on this, i'll keep an eye out. Living in the midlands i'm only an hour away from london by train.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #2856 on: December 10, 2014, 10:03:00 pm »
Cheers for the heads up on this, i'll keep an eye out. Living in the midlands i'm only an hour away from london by train.

You would commute daily from the midlands?!
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #2857 on: December 11, 2014, 08:01:57 am »

TFL give you free travel in London & 75% discount on your train travel into London . Plus free travel in London for your partner or nominee  . Not a bad incentive to travel
Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2858 on: December 11, 2014, 08:28:27 am »
Applied for some job online yesterday and Brook Street called me this morning offering me a job interview tomorrow... from a bit of googling Brook Street looks like the middle man, yet I've never heard of them before.

Anybody got any experience with them? They're on Castle Street.

Yes mate, they provide temporary workers for our place. There is around 400 agency staff employed with us (Home Office) and they also have contracts with the Passport Office, Ministry of Justice and MOD.

Through speaking to some of the guys in here who work for them, they seem like a decent set up.

Also, I understand they are looking for a number of AA's (Admin Assistants) to work in Liverpool city centre from February onwards. Wage is £6.50ph rising to £8.42ph after 12 weeks.
Anyone interested drop me a PM and I will give the contact email.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2859 on: December 11, 2014, 08:40:47 am »

I used to live in Southport and commute to Manchester, from September until around May it could take anything up to 2 hrs to get in of a morning and all year round it took over an hour to get home of a night, so an hour on the train doesn't seem that bad.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #2860 on: December 11, 2014, 10:48:10 am »

My current commute to work is a 30 minute drive. Me and the mrs are getting our own place in 12/18 months so now would be the perfect time to look at other jobs with the possibility of moving closer if i got the job or not.

Offline RJane89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2861 on: December 11, 2014, 04:03:03 pm »
Yes mate, they provide temporary workers for our place. There is around 400 agency staff employed with us (Home Office) and they also have contracts with the Passport Office, Ministry of Justice and MOD.

Through speaking to some of the guys in here who work for them, they seem like a decent set up.

Also, I understand they are looking for a number of AA's (Admin Assistants) to work in Liverpool city centre from February onwards. Wage is £6.50ph rising to £8.42ph after 12 weeks.
Anyone interested drop me a PM and I will give the contact email.

That's the one I've applied for, fingers crossed!

Offline Roopy

• Kopite
« Reply #2862 on: December 22, 2014, 01:34:01 am »
I'm not unemployed but thought this would be worth a mention in here.

I was recently entirely mislead by an employee of Amazon.com into an interview for working with them in Business Development. This employee is 100% legit an Amazon.com employee.

He teed up a meeting for me with his "senior associate" ... I met with this "senior associate" who turns out didn't even work for Amazon & instead ran some bullshit online shopping schemes ... he wanted ME TO PAY HIM $500 in return for him supplying me stock to sell online through a website he would help me make ... I told him to get absolutely f****d because I know a pyramid scheme when I see one.

Now I have a fairly decent job in the corporate world and this whole thing has left me wondering just how often shit like this happens.

Has anyone been duped into false meetings?

I've ripped into the Amazon employee who mislead me & I'm thinking about taking this up entirely with Amazon - although whether they listen or not ...

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2863 on: December 23, 2014, 12:14:56 pm »
Got an interview! Whoop whoop!
Weekend work means missing the footy every week but don't care, just want to be back in work.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline RedmeisterOZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2864 on: December 26, 2014, 02:19:14 pm »
Got an interview! Whoop whoop!
Weekend work means missing the footy every week but don't care, just want to be back in work.
All the best mate. Hope you land the job.
I'll tell you one thing for sure... I wouldn't trust no words written down on no piece of paper, especially from no Dickenson out in the town of Machine.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2865 on: December 27, 2014, 03:39:49 pm »
What are the better job sites to use when applying for jobs? Preferably in the Liverpool area, I've been using Indeed & Monster but not much going on there lately.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2866 on: December 27, 2014, 03:42:54 pm »
What are the better job sites to use when applying for jobs? Preferably in the Liverpool area, I've been using Indeed & Monster but not much going on there lately.

Daft question but what sort of job?

I use Indeed when I'm looking (I tend to get bored quickly!) but if you find a good agency they can usually sort you something out in no time.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2867 on: December 27, 2014, 04:10:50 pm »
Daft question but what sort of job?

I use Indeed when I'm looking (I tend to get bored quickly!) but if you find a good agency they can usually sort you something out in no time.

I'm looking for more of an accounts assistant role but generally open to anything that sounds better than my current place.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2868 on: December 27, 2014, 04:18:28 pm »
I'm looking for more of an accounts assistant role but generally open to anything that sounds better than my current place.

Ok cool well make sure your CV is as good as it could be and bang it out to a few agencies.

Couple of years ago I walked out of my previous job and started a really horrible call centre role. Hated that so after two days whacked my CV to this agency and literally the same day they had an interview sorted for a better job than the one I walked out of, and got the job the next day.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2869 on: December 27, 2014, 04:47:05 pm »
Ok cool well make sure your CV is as good as it could be and bang it out to a few agencies.

Couple of years ago I walked out of my previous job and started a really horrible call centre role. Hated that so after two days whacked my CV to this agency and literally the same day they had an interview sorted for a better job than the one I walked out of, and got the job the next day.

Will do mate, what's the agency called you used by the way?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2870 on: December 27, 2014, 04:58:41 pm »
Will do mate, what's the agency called you used by the way?

Mines in Leicester, wouldn't be much good to you  ;D

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #2871 on: December 27, 2014, 05:47:35 pm »
Guess I'll be looking in here more since I work/worked for City Link. Nice Christmas present, that. Luckily I've had a couple of associates contact me letting me know of vacancies at their places.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2872 on: December 27, 2014, 06:11:20 pm »
Mines in Leicester, wouldn't be much good to you  ;D

Hahahaha fair enough  ;D nice one anyway pal.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2873 on: January 7, 2015, 02:17:18 pm »
Really getting no replies at all now. Wondering what I'm doing wrong here.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2874 on: January 8, 2015, 10:54:59 am »
Really getting no replies at all now. Wondering what I'm doing wrong here.

Hang in there and keep going. Maybe try and tailor of CV more to the job your applying for. If it goes through an agency they will be skim reading your CV. Don't be afraid to bold out certain experience that makes you suitable for the role.

Depending on your career it can be slow the first week back in a new year. Lot's of people getting back into the swing of things, I expect things to pick up more from next week.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2875 on: January 22, 2015, 11:48:41 am »
Got an interview next week, for the GP hospital down the road.

It's a temp job, and will probably be mainly females I'd work with, but it's a bloody interview :D

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #2876 on: January 22, 2015, 10:53:23 pm »

It's a temp job, and will probably be mainly females I'd work with, but it's a bloody interview :D

Nothing wrong with that  ;)

Best of luck lad

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2877 on: January 26, 2015, 02:16:34 pm »
Cheers mate! Just trying to plan what to say if they ask what i have been doing since I left my last job, as I have just been looking for jobs, going to watch university sport and running online leagues/competing in drafts on here!

Online RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2878 on: January 26, 2015, 02:29:32 pm »

You say that like it's a bad thing. Good luck mate.
YNWA.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2879 on: January 28, 2015, 10:22:09 am »
Just had another call, and some place wants me to go in for an "informal interview" as they haven't had time to do proper ones. I'm going straight after my other one, so will be dressed smartly, but what do I expect from an informal interview?