Author Topic: Javier Mascherano  (Read 401614 times)

Offline PaislyShankley

• Stranger in a strange land; vaguely Amish.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Homophobic, apparently. Probably racist as well.
Re: Javier Mascherano
« Reply #240 on: September 6, 2007, 04:54:52 pm »
You misunderstand, Joorabacunt takes scum to a whole new level.
You got £2m and a season of Tevez out of him. There's no pleasing some people.
M'eh

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #241 on: September 6, 2007, 04:56:32 pm »
You got £2m and a season of Tevez out of him. There's no pleasing some people.

5.5 million fine, - 2 million, 3 million down for 7 goals. Whoopy doo ;)

Honestly, he's have killed us if he'd taken over.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: September 6, 2007, 04:57:32 pm »
There may be something in what you're saying but your anger should be with Brown & Co, surely?
M'eh

Offline Marcus6

• QueenOfTheSouth7 (steals food from children)
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 ft 2, Eyes of Blue, Billy Bonds is after you...
« Reply #243 on: September 6, 2007, 04:58:10 pm »
There may be something in what you're saying but your anger should be with Brown & Co, surely?

Brown and Joorabacunt should be put ina  deathmatch, with the winner lynched.
From custard slices to menstrual waste in 4 posts. That's impressive, even for RAWK.

Offline PaislyShankley

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: September 6, 2007, 05:00:53 pm »
Hehehe.

I really do understand why you'd be pissed off but it was your board that were responsible for making sure everything was legitimate, just like it was ours when we took him off you.
M'eh

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: October 10, 2007, 02:58:50 pm »
Javier Mascherano will hold contract talks with Liverpool later this year as he seeks an improved offer to remain at Anfield.

Reports claim the terms of the midfielder's current deal mean he is free to talk to other clubs in January, and possibly line up a summer move elsewhere.

The Argentinian international is highly unlikely to leave the Reds before the end of the season, but he will want a much improved contract offer if he is to extend his stay.

Talks over an improved contract between Mascherano's agent, Kia Joorabchian, and Liverpool are scheduled for later this year, with the club likely to do all they can to keep the player.

http://www.liverpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=85652

Don't know if this was already posted or how reliable the source is. Interesting if true.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2007, 03:26:14 pm »
Give him what he wants. The future of Liverpool Football Club. More important than Gerrard, in my humble opinion.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: October 10, 2007, 04:12:10 pm »
Give him what he wants. The future of Liverpool Football Club. More important than Gerrard, in my humble opinion.
Agree 100%

Once his english improves he will be a strong candidate for captaincy.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: October 10, 2007, 04:16:21 pm »
Is he away with Argentina or at Melwood for the break?

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2007, 04:16:46 pm »
I just hope he really wants to say. If the top clubs in Spain or Italy come in for him, he'd be tempted I'm sure.

Offline liverbird_soph

• Fitter than Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2007, 04:22:57 pm »
I think he'll want to stay. He seems to love it here from interviews I've read. Would be absolutely gutted if he left, as he's proved to be such an immense player for us.
Above all else comes truth & justice.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2007, 04:30:18 pm »
Cant see him leaving as we cannot afford to lose him & Momo, who will probably get less & less starts in the league.

I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2007, 04:31:23 pm »
Agree 100%

Once his english improves he will be a strong candidate for captaincy.
So true. I think he put in a complete captain's performance at the end of the Spurs match.  The way he stepped up and stepped forward and took responsibility for changing the course of the game was encouraging and refreshing. And the team seemed to respond to his cajoling too.

In the transcript of Rafa's interview, he's asked whether he told Masch to push forward like that. Rafa smiled and said no, that Masch did it himself.

I don't know how tempted he would be. I think he feels a sense of loyalty to Rafa not just for rescuing him from the West Ham fiasco, but also for helping him rediscover his love for playing.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: October 10, 2007, 06:17:57 pm »
Was very excited with the news he could sign last year... and have voiced my concerns if he doesn't sign. I really hope he doesn't leave.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Baraka

• bama. But a lot lot lot lot stupider. Has an IQ of 6½
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: October 10, 2007, 06:32:13 pm »
offer him 100k per week, he is worth it.
will be best player in his position for next 10 years.
South Park>>>>>All.

Offline RedTerry

• Legacy Fan
  • *Y*N*W*A*
« Reply #255 on: October 10, 2007, 06:58:05 pm »
Give the little fella what he wants. Even if it means selling Momo and giving him his wages!
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?" Jamie Carragher when asked by Sky Sports if he'd thought of moving to a bigger club.

Offline ben

• Legacy Fan
  • dont you know who i think i am?
« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2007, 07:05:49 pm »
would be a disaster if he left. would be suprised if he did though. he seems happy here, and if he's the type to be tempted by more money elsewhere he can fuck off anyway.

think he'll stay.

Offline tamimio

• Legacy Fan
  • Just blaze!
« Reply #257 on: October 10, 2007, 09:17:14 pm »
So true. I think he put in a complete captain's performance at the end of the Spurs match.  The way he stepped up and stepped forward and took responsibility for changing the course of the game was encouraging and refreshing. And the team seemed to respond to his cajoling too.

In the transcript of Rafa's interview, he's asked whether he told Masch to push forward like that. Rafa smiled and said no, that Masch did it himself.

I don't know how tempted he would be. I think he feels a sense of loyalty to Rafa not just for rescuing him from the West Ham fiasco, but also for helping him rediscover his love for playing.

He put in a quality corner too, and to be honest, we haven't had many of them in some time!
I haven't even mentioned the close curling shot he took towards the end... If anything, he puts his heart into every game, something our so called 'super stars' have not been doing much of lately...

Offline ianfb25

• Legacy Fan
  • KK7
« Reply #258 on: October 10, 2007, 09:19:19 pm »
Is he away with Argentina or at Melwood for the break?

Hes away on World Cup duty with the Argentines. Agreed with the comments above, the lad is immense, get him signed up. Will honestly be gutted if we let him slip away next season.

Offline JOYRO

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2007, 09:29:41 pm »
Mascherano and Gerrard is a great combination. Alonso and Gerrard to.
My guess is that as soon as Lucas Leiva is ready for Premier League that will
mean the end of Sissoko in Liverpool.

I truely belive Mascherano and Lucas is two of the most talented players in
the world playing in the center of midfield.

So get Mascherano what he wants. He's as good as Alonso on the ball and he's
got more pace.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: October 10, 2007, 09:30:47 pm »

I truely belive Mascherano and Lucas is two of the most talented players in
the world playing in the center of midfield.
and lucas has proven this... how?

Mascherano is probably the best holding midfielder in the world.

* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline 4everredrichie

• Anny Roader
  • Give yourselves the chance to be heroes!!!
« Reply #261 on: October 10, 2007, 09:34:40 pm »
Give him whatever he wants. He is top man!
He has unreal energy in midfield, never stops fighting for the ball and harrassing opposing players.
He is a total leader and definite captain material!
It'll be a sad day when/if he leaves.  :wave
"GAME WELL AND TRULY OVER..." ! ! !

Offline MarkR

• Main Stander
« Reply #262 on: October 10, 2007, 09:45:54 pm »

Mascherano is probably the best holding midfielder in the world.

You could well be right there,  the lad is awesome.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2007, 01:47:31 am »
I'm keen to stay, says Mascherano

Andy Hunter
Thursday October 11, 2007
The Guardian

Javier Mascherano has told Rafael Benítez he is prepared to commit his future to Liverpool, although it will take £17m to make the Argentinian's wish become reality.

Liverpool have paid £1.5m to hire the 23-year-old from Kia Joorabchian's Media Sports Investments group for 18 months - a compromise that overcame third-party ownership problems when the midfielder moved from West Ham in January - and have an option to buy. "I'm very happy here. I feel settled and would like to play at the new stadium when it opens," Mascherano said. "I love playing for Liverpool and if the manager wants to keep me then I'd definitely stay for a long time. In the next four to five years I can see this club getting even bigger."

The Argentinian added that he had no complaints about the manager's methods. "In South America, rotation isn't such a problem," he said. "Big teams play a lot of games and that means it's necessary to use a squad rather than just 11 players. Rafa's been here for three full seasons and he's always used rotation. Why would he stop working that way when it has brought him so much success here and at Valencia?"

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2188415,00.html?gusrc=rss&feed=7

Rafael Benítez remains cautious of Javier Mascherano red tape
Oliver Kay

Liverpool are eager to secure the long-term future of Javier Mascherano but will proceed with caution before deciding whether to meet the £17 million buyout figure demanded by Kia Joorabchian, the businessman who owns the Argentina midfield player’s “economic rights”.

Mascherano joined Liverpool in an unusual lease arrangement in January, with the Merseyside club paying Joorabchian’s company, Media Sports Investment (MSI), a loan fee to secure the player’s services until the end of this season. Under the terms of that agreement, Liverpool can sign a long-term deal with Mascherano before June 30 next year by paying MSI £17 million and assuming control of his economic rights as well as his playing registration, but planned changes to Fifa’s regulations on third-party ownership mean that the club will wait before deciding to pay that sum.

What is not in doubt is Liverpool’s desire to keep Mascherano. The player had five torrid months at West Ham United last season, but since moving to Anfield he has recaptured the form that made him one of the most coveted talents in world football.

Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, is determined to secure Mascherano’s services for the long term, although there is interest in him from Real Madrid and at least one of the Italian clubs who, along with Manches-ter United, pursued him before his surprise move to West Ham. The 23-year-old has indicated that he would be happy to stay at Anfield. “I love playing for Liverpool and, if the manager wants to keep me, I’d definitely stay for a long time,” he said.

The signing of Mascherano is one of several moves planned by Benítez, although his activity in the January transfer window might not stretch far beyond the purchase of a central defender and a forward – if he cannot wait to offload Peter Crouch. The England forward has fallen dramatically out of favour and appears to have no long-term future at Anfield.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article2633740.ece

£17m? Represents a bargain as far as I'm concerned. How much would clubs like Real Madrid have paid for Vieira in their prime? £30m odd wasn't it? Mascherano can be in that league. No question. He can make as much of an impact here as Keane or Vieira did at their clubs. Sign sign sign.

please sign.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Enzo

• The Kid on the corner of the street with his sparking clogs
  • Anny Roader
  • Forza Italia!!!!
« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2007, 02:10:57 am »
17m is a bit steep but then theres owen hargreaves.. we should have negotiated a better deal then as we had all the aces then
A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2007, 02:16:50 am »
I'm keen to stay, says Mascherano

Liverpool have paid £1.5m to hire the 23-year-old from Kia Joorabchian's Media Sports Investments group for 18 months - a compromise that overcame third-party ownership problems when the midfielder moved from West Ham in January - and have an option to buy. "I'm very happy here. I feel settled and would like to play at the new stadium when it opens," Mascherano said. "I love playing for Liverpool and if the manager wants to keep me then I'd definitely stay for a long time. In the next four to five years I can see this club getting even bigger."

Great comments that. Just what you'd want to hear.

£17m? Represents a bargain as far as I'm concerned. How much would clubs like Real Madrid have paid for Vieira in their prime? £30m odd wasn't it? Mascherano can be in that league. No question. He can make as much of an impact here as Keane or Vieira did at their clubs. Sign sign sign.

please sign.

Yep. There's no way 17m is too steep for this guy. Proven quality. Sign him.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2007, 02:21:01 am »
I was slightly worried when we bought Lucas that we didn't have the money to make this happen (or it wasn't going to happen for some other reason). Then it looked like we were selling Momo which seemed logical.
However he signed a long term contract so I started worrying about Masch again. We just seem to have too many CM at the club
Now it's worry as that is a hefty price tag and I hope we've got the moenyHe's definitely worth it and if he leaves I'd be distraught

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2007, 02:53:17 am »
Give the man what he wants; pay whatever is necessary to obtain him. Simply put he is one of the best players I have ever seen put on a red shirt and to lose him would be disasterous.

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: October 11, 2007, 03:07:03 am »
The idea of losing Javier is too terrible to contemplate. He wants to stay. He's excited about the future at the club. We need him. As far as I'm concerned, he is future captain material. We must simply sign him. He could be part of a world-class spine for years to come.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: October 11, 2007, 03:08:43 am »
£17m?! Pay the man for the best defensive midfielder in the world. Good deal.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #270 on: October 11, 2007, 03:59:48 am »
17m is a bit steep but then theres owen hargreaves.. we should have negotiated a better deal then as we had all the aces then

£17million for 5-6 years of service from him (or 3-5 and a huge sum at the end of it) is frankly a bargain. Chelsea paid £16m for Makelele when he was 31, and despite the vastly overblown reputation, he was never as good as Mascherano is now, nevermind what he'll be like in 2-3 years.

I try and keep level-headed when it comes to our players. Every fan likes to think they've got one of the best in their world at their club, but with Mascherano we really do have the real deal. We can't afford not to buy him. 
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: October 11, 2007, 04:10:44 am »
Buy him.  But there is no way he is as good on the ball as Xabi.

Offline bravoco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never made the 1st team
« Reply #272 on: October 11, 2007, 05:46:31 am »
Buy him.  But there is no way he is as good on the ball as Xabi.

Apples with apples, horses for courses...

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #273 on: October 11, 2007, 05:51:54 am »
£17million for 5-6 years of service from him (or 3-5 and a huge sum at the end of it) is frankly a bargain. Chelsea paid £16m for Makelele when he was 31, and despite the vastly overblown reputation, he was never as good as Mascherano is now, nevermind what he'll be like in 2-3 years.

I try and keep level-headed when it comes to our players. Every fan likes to think they've got one of the best in their world at their club, but with Mascherano we really do have the real deal. We can't afford not to buy him. 

Got to agree - for his age, he is fucking immense and he knows that this club has big plans for the future. It is fucking great that players that start for Argentina are dying to stay with us
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline Finnred

• Anny Roader
  • "Life sucks and then you fucking die"
« Reply #274 on: October 11, 2007, 07:33:55 am »
Give him to money.
We cant lose him.
Sell Momo and play Lucas instead of him.
PSN : finnred

Offline ArgImAPirate

• Legacy Fan
  • rat a tat tat
« Reply #275 on: October 11, 2007, 08:01:11 am »
I think Mascherano is key and we should pay whatever it takes to keep him. He's a completely class holding midfielder and our squad is weaker without him.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #276 on: October 11, 2007, 08:12:13 am »
Simply put he is one of the best players I have ever seen put on a red shirt

Unless your about 12 then I would say that was a touch over the top at this stage.

I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline big_samy

• Main Stander
« Reply #277 on: October 11, 2007, 08:34:25 am »
in argentina they call him the little boss...
give him the money and keep him for a decade, top player. and can`t imagine the best midfield song without his ooooo at the end...

Offline MFletcher

• Legacy Fan
  • Rafa, Rafael; Rafael Benitez
« Reply #278 on: October 11, 2007, 08:44:21 am »
I'd be absolutely devastated if he left.

He's quickly established himself as one of my favourite players.

£17M is a bargain for a player of his age, quality and potential.
They don't care about Rafa,
They don't care about the fans,
Liverpool Football Club is in the wrong hands.

Offline andrew1978

• Kopite
  • The Truth we all knew now known by all. RIP 96
« Reply #279 on: October 11, 2007, 08:54:50 am »
it would be a disaster if he was allowed to leave but i don't reckon he will. rafa knows the value of having him so theres no way he won't keep him. add that to the fact that masch doesn't want to go, despite what some press have made up , and we should be singing about the best midfield in the world for some time
Where once we watched King Kenny Play.....And Could He Play