Author Topic: Fabinho  (Read 886955 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Fabinho
« Reply #3480 on: March 31, 2019, 06:49:59 pm »
Good when he came on. Joke he didn't start.
Was the only midfielder who was able to win the ball in a 50/50.

And this also

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3481 on: March 31, 2019, 06:50:36 pm »
He should be the first name on the teamsheet in midfield.

There can't be anymore evidence needed.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3482 on: March 31, 2019, 06:55:34 pm »
Faultless when he came on, won absolutely everything and passed brilliantly.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3483 on: March 31, 2019, 06:56:41 pm »
He should be the first name on the teamsheet in midfield.

There can't be anymore evidence needed.

Agreed

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3484 on: March 31, 2019, 06:57:21 pm »
Difference when he came on was light & day from Henderson, and I'm one who usually doesn't mind Henderson as much as others. Exactly what we need in midfield.

Offline sivapc22

• Kemlynite
« Reply #3485 on: March 31, 2019, 06:57:45 pm »
He was up for it and his tenacity was off the charts today

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3486 on: March 31, 2019, 07:01:31 pm »
It was a massive surprise seeing Fabinho on the bench for that. He bossed Bayern Munich AWAY and we smashed them because of an incredible midfield performance from him.

If the ease in which he handled that high pressure situation didn’t convince, today should have. Henderson played 75mins too long as a 6 today, and within seconds of Fabinho coming on (i’m not exaggerating here), he showed why.

I’d like to see him start more games - we need to be braver in our football from midfield if we’re going to win the big prizes. Fabinho, Gini, Lallana/Ox/Keita/Henderson - we need to see more of this and less of Milner, Gini and Henderson (I hope today put that particular combination to bed).

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3487 on: March 31, 2019, 07:01:42 pm »
I defended Klopp picking that midfield but you could really see the difference Stan made when he came on, he's our best midfielder and showed it today.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3488 on: March 31, 2019, 07:03:51 pm »
#Fabinhomustplay ... 3rd name on the team sheet always

1. Van Dijk 2. Becker 3. Fabinho
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3489 on: March 31, 2019, 07:03:57 pm »
It was a massive surprise seeing Fabinho on the bench for that. He bossed Bayern Munich AWAY and we smashed them because of an incredible midfield performance from him.

If the ease in which he handled that high pressure situation didn’t convince, today should have. Henderson played 75mins too long as a 6 today, and within seconds of Fabinho coming on (i’m not exaggerating here), he showed why.

I’d like to see him start more games - we need to be braver in our football from midfield if we’re going to win the big prizes. Fabinho, Gini, Lallana/Ox/Keita/Henderson - we need to see more of this and less of Milner, Gini and Henderson (I hope today put that particular combination to bed).

don't hold your breath. Feels like it's been obvious for months and yet we still keep seeing it.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3490 on: March 31, 2019, 07:03:57 pm »
There must be a reason why Klopp has tried not to pick him.

Is he carrying a Knock?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3491 on: March 31, 2019, 07:04:18 pm »

Is he carrying a Knock?

Nah, Klopp said everyone was fine just felt that he this line up was best for this game.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #3492 on: March 31, 2019, 07:06:57 pm »

Is he carrying a Knock?

If he was carrying a knock surely fulham would be the game to rest him.

He's only gone and proven my point today. Unfortunately  that 3 in big games produce very little in attack and anything we produced went through the wing backs or long ball ip to the top.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3493 on: March 31, 2019, 07:07:16 pm »

I think Bobby edges him for #3.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3494 on: March 31, 2019, 07:09:18 pm »

Is he carrying a Knock?

He doesn't seem to trust Fabinho to hold a midfield three as much as he trusts Henderson.

The evidence is repeatedly telling us this is just plain wrong however. That's City away, Bayern away and Spurs at home just this calendar year where we've seen an immediate improvement from Fabinho entering the fray in big games. Klopp has to put any misgivings about whatever it is about his game - you would assume it's his lack of turning circle - to the side because Jordan Henderson, put simply, has far more weaknesses to his game and its preventing us taking the next step to control these big games.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3495 on: March 31, 2019, 07:10:39 pm »
don't hold your breath. Feels like it's been obvious for months and yet we still keep seeing it.

We’re not reacting to the opposition, who have started setting up differently against us now. I can see why, in the big games, we go with those 3 to solidify midfield, but the opposition are rarely fighting us one to one anymore. We should be braver in midfield and forget the notion that Gini, Henderson and Milner is more solid. Fabinho’s arguably the most solid footballer out of all of them actually, so it’s a bit perplexing. It’s true that Fabinho’s prone to a brain fart, but what he adds to us on the other side far outweighs it. We also have the best CB and GK in football at the moment, so we’re well equipped behind him to deal with things when those brain farts do happen. He’s usually very solid and incredibly gifted when it comes to his vision and ability to pick the right pass, and execute it. We need that from our 6. Someone who can operate on the turn and in tight areas, and still move the ball through midfield into attack. Fabinho’s the best player in that position by a country mile in the squad, and he should be starting every game he’s fit.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3496 on: March 31, 2019, 07:11:07 pm »

I think Alisson is he first name on the team sheet as he is the #1

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3497 on: March 31, 2019, 07:19:32 pm »
He must have won about 3-4 tackles as soon as he came on

Madness he isn’t one of the first picked players

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3498 on: March 31, 2019, 07:20:44 pm »

Is he carrying a Knock?

Very possibly - was supposed to rest vs Munich and didn’t. Looked knackered 2nd half vs Fulham

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3499 on: March 31, 2019, 07:34:33 pm »
Our best performer in midfield this season, very surprised he didn't start the game.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3500 on: March 31, 2019, 07:35:41 pm »

You don't know that there wasn't a reason for it.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #3501 on: March 31, 2019, 08:06:53 pm »

Nah the back 5 and front 3 are all on the team sheet before any midfielder. He should definitely be the first midfielder on the team sheet though.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline will2003

• Legacy Fan
  • God and a Legend
« Reply #3502 on: March 31, 2019, 08:12:05 pm »
We were too slow bringing him on today. Origi as was part of the impact however the midfield weren't coping in large parts of the second half and we need his spark and defensive mind to settle the midfield. Thought Shaq could've had an impact too.

We need to put him in the team when the midfield three are struggling, which is more often than not at the moment
"We gave the fans their pride - again. We fought for the fans, we fought for the club and we fought for our players." - Legend

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3503 on: March 31, 2019, 08:21:52 pm »
I think they targeted the space in front  and around TAA and Matiep. Seemed to have. An overload there and we were not winning the first header. When Fabinho came on, he changed that right away.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3504 on: March 31, 2019, 09:15:19 pm »
Dunno how long he got 15/20 mins?  but our best MF by some distance yet again.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline an fear dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3505 on: March 31, 2019, 09:21:07 pm »
6 cup-finals left....starts every game...end of fucking story.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #3506 on: March 31, 2019, 09:22:57 pm »
I think people are underestimating the intensity of the Premier league. There are no easy games and it is a step up from other Leagues. I am just glad Fabinho is showing this kind of form at the business end of the season.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3507 on: March 31, 2019, 10:35:36 pm »
He can be given a break for the Huddersfield game,  but from now on our midfield has to be Fabinho, Gini +1.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3508 on: April 1, 2019, 07:27:12 am »
Milner just seems a bit leggy so I think that three doesn’t work as well as it would have earlier in the season

I’d be comfortable with Henderson playing on the assumption he has a more free role and let Fabinho play as DM with Gini slightly ahead picking up loose balls / moving it on quickly.

Fabinho is a ball winner which we need at the heart of our midfield especially in these games where in truth Spurs’ midfield is better than ours.
YNWA.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #3509 on: April 1, 2019, 07:55:03 am »
Our best performer in midfield this season, very surprised he didn't start the game.

Agreed. I thought he was a shoe-in to start but wouldn't criticise too much because...

You don't know that there wasn't a reason for it.

Fabinho looked knackered the other week at Fulham. Maybe it was just that reason and he wants him fresh for other games in the run-in. Maybe he's carrying a knock. Maybe Klopp thought the midfield he picked was best for this game.

Who knows? We won though. And I'd expect Fabinho back into the starting XI for Southampton.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3510 on: April 1, 2019, 08:04:27 am »
The only reason I can think that Henderson was chose over him is that Fabinho has misplaced some passes when pressed in our half that I have noticed and against Spurs when the difference between a win and a draw is a goal and with their attack minimal risks were taken.

That's the only thing. He is brilliant otherwise.

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3511 on: April 1, 2019, 09:32:39 am »

Quote from: lukeb1981 on Today at 04:14:56 AM
Henderson 7 ball-winning actions in 77 mins
Milner 13 in 77'
Fabinho 7 in 13'

We really need Fabinho in the middle from now on.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3512 on: April 1, 2019, 10:04:43 am »
I’d be comfortable with Henderson playing on the assumption he has a more free role and let Fabinho play as DM with Gini slightly ahead picking up loose balls / moving it on quickly.

Why? What is the point of using Henderson in a 'free' role? He doesn't score or create and he's limited in tight areas. He's in the side to break up play and switch play, neither of which he does as well as Fabinho, which makes it all the more baffling when Klopp chooses Henderson ahead of him.

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #3513 on: April 1, 2019, 10:16:01 am »
Was the only midfielder who was able to win the ball in a 50/50.

And...if he wins the ball ..he can make the flowing passes..instead some, who cam tackle.. but cannot pick up the loose ball
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #3514 on: April 1, 2019, 10:18:39 am »
I think they targeted the space in front  and around TAA and Matiep. Seemed to have. An overload there and we were not winning the first header. When Fabinho came on, he changed that right away.

exactly!..saw the way he jumped and win the ball, (ok, u can say is 7x mins and opposition played 70min too already)..but Hendo hardly won any header and even though Hendo won , the header was just went upward
FAN= with one eye open to see all the goodies of a player, with the other eye and ear shut....

Offline Eternalsungod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #3515 on: April 1, 2019, 10:19:14 am »
Milner just seems a bit leggy so I think that three doesn’t work as well as it would have earlier in the season
Don't know about leggy. Apparently yesterday was the record PL game with most sprints from the players involved.
“These young players are our future. If we handle them like horses then we get horses.” Jürgen Klopp.

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #3516 on: April 1, 2019, 10:20:03 am »
He can be given a break for the Huddersfield game,  but from now on our midfield has to be Fabinho, Gini +1.

Gini always involve a lot more attacking role playing along with Fabinho.

Offline rushie9

• Kopite
  • FAN FAN
« Reply #3517 on: April 1, 2019, 10:21:59 am »
The only reason I can think that Henderson was chose over him is that Fabinho has misplaced some passes when pressed in our half that I have noticed and against Spurs when the difference between a win and a draw is a goal and with their attack minimal risks were taken.

That's the only thing. He is brilliant otherwise.

i can see where u getting at, but i can say too Hendo "only" make conservative/safe passes..while Fabinho make brave/more aggressive passes

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3518 on: April 1, 2019, 10:22:00 am »
I think Bobby edges him for #3.

Every game the spine of our team should be Alisson, Van Dijk, Fabinho and Firmino.

They need to play every game when available. I don't mind Henderson. But Fabinho is a level above.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3519 on: April 1, 2019, 10:23:24 am »
i dont think henderson was bad yesterday, far from it

but this lad has to has to has to start every fucking game
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR