Author Topic: Liverpool FC vs. Olympiacos (11:00PM) - Pre-match thread  (Read 48567 times)

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
Re: Liverpool FC vs. Olympiacos (11:00PM) - Pre-match thread
« Reply #1080 on: July 29, 2014, 12:08:29 am »
- Martin Kelly looked absolutely shot at the final whistle. Considering he played only the second half and other players who played the full game were looking better. I am no fitness expert but have all the injuries started taking their toll?

Its obvious that Kelly and a couple of others are being played to assess whether they will stay at the club, go on loan or leave altogether. I would expect his fitness to be better than then the players coming back from intl duty, he's been in preseason for 4 weeks now. I think his only chance will be to go to somewhere like Derby for a year and get himself , I can't see him getting many chances here next season which is a shame as we all know how good he looked before.

In terms of the whole match I think we did ok but we just weren't clinical enough, lots of decent positions but wasted most of them. Hopefully that will come in another couple of games. Still looking poor defensively overall but that should improve once the first choice defence is played. We need to get that quality full back in otherwise that may harm us.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...