Author Topic: Fan tribute walkway at Anfield  (Read 58783 times)

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Fan tribute walkway at Anfield
« Reply #240 on: July 5, 2017, 09:42:22 pm »
It depends, some people would say that it is four days and some would say that it is three.

Only people that struggle with Infant school Maths might say that 4th May is four days after 1st May.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 5, 2017, 10:03:29 pm »
Only people that struggle with Infant school Maths might say that 4th May is four days after 1st May.

Sorry, I didn't realise you wanted to whine about an insignificant detail so much! ;D

Offline Flyhalf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #242 on: July 5, 2017, 11:33:31 pm »
My partner has had the email saying mine is in situ. Can't wait to see it 😍

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #243 on: July 6, 2017, 01:30:38 am »
Got my email on where mine is located.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: July 6, 2017, 02:22:33 am »
It depends, some people would say that it is four days and some would say that it is three.

I'd like to meet these people to understand what the fuck is going through their head.

Tuesday - Monday = 1 day
Monday - Sunday = 1 day
Sunday - Saturday = 1 day

How can anyone with logical thinking get 4 days later out of that? 2 games in 4 days yes. The second game being 4 days later? Absolutely not.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: July 6, 2017, 02:25:33 am »
I'd like to meet these people to understand what the fuck is going through their head.

Tuesday - Monday = 1 day
Monday - Sunday = 1 day
Sunday - Saturday = 1 day

How can anyone with logical thinking get 4 days later out of that? 2 games in 4 days yes. The second game being 4 days later? Absolutely not.

Shush it! :nirnir ;D

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
We are a team of one half.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: July 6, 2017, 02:15:54 pm »
Another error, this time on Elisha Scotts.

Liverpool didn't clinch the title for the second consecutive season in 1922, they actually won the first of the two.

Why do they always get the fairly simplest of things spectacularly wrong? 

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: July 6, 2017, 02:21:59 pm »

Liverpool didn't clinch the title for the second consecutive season in 1922, they actually won the first of the two.

Are you actually looking for things to whinge about? Why do the club "always get the fairly simplest of things spectacularly wrong"?

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #250 on: July 6, 2017, 02:40:15 pm »
Just seen my arl man's stone on the website- made up with it! Can't wait to see it in the flesh!
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline stoz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: July 6, 2017, 02:44:55 pm »
Are you actually looking for things to whinge about? Why do the club "always get the fairly simplest of things spectacularly wrong"?

No. But when you've grown up on the history of the club, then these things annoy you.

I realise that the majority of fans who will look at the bench will not realise the error, and will quite frankly not care one little bit about what happened nearly 100 years ago, but I do.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: July 6, 2017, 02:55:27 pm »
No. But when you've grown up on the history of the club, then these things annoy you.

You're the only one who seems annoyed, and how do you know that I haven't grown up on the history of the club?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #253 on: July 6, 2017, 02:56:57 pm »

I realise that the majority of fans who will look at the bench will not realise the error, and will quite frankly not care one little bit about what happened nearly 100 years ago, but I do.
They're taking the time and spending the money to get these things commissioned, they should be correct.

sms, you don't have to defend the club about absolutely everything.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: July 6, 2017, 02:59:38 pm »
They're taking the time and spending the money to get these things commissioned, they should be correct.

They're hardly glaring errors, although I see your point.

sms, you don't have to defend the club about absolutely everything.

I don't defend the club about absolutely everything, I just dislike it when some of our fans constantly have to find something the club did/said to whinge about.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: July 6, 2017, 04:06:47 pm »

I have to agree.

I wonder if the context is that Dixie said that after we won the second on the trot?

But the club lists the first League title with Elisha in goal?

Anyway, somethings amiss..

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 6, 2017, 04:32:06 pm »
I've been sent a map of where to locate my stone but is there anyway to view an actual image of it online? Or do we have to see it in the flesh?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: July 6, 2017, 05:02:09 pm »
I've been sent a map of where to locate my stone but is there anyway to view an actual image of it online? Or do we have to see it in the flesh?

For right now i'd say one would need to see it in the flesh.

Maybe when they are completely done they will "drone" it and allow for people to spot theirs.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: July 7, 2017, 02:16:31 pm »
As someone who is absolutely not a FSG fanboy, this really is an irrelevance to get annoyed about.
cyas

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2017, 02:18:26 pm »
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 02:20:07 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2017, 02:21:09 pm »
Club still flogging these stones - around 500 available in 'large' (20cm x 20cm) for £99 a pop - http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/268365-don-t-miss-your-chance-to-be-part-of-anfield-forever

& https://anfieldforever.liverpoolfc.com/index.htm

to be fair - the pics so far look great for these

Offline Sevens and Eights

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
« Reply #261 on: August 2, 2017, 03:25:49 am »
Any update in this? Love to see where it's at right now. Patiently Still waiting for my email on my own stone placement.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #262 on: August 2, 2017, 07:36:43 am »
Well mine was one of the last to be put down a few weeks ago, so it was by the edge between Dalglish's and Barnes' benches. Now, they have fenced off further and a few more are down.

But I found our branch one on Monday after looking on several days - but we have never had an email to say it was down. And it's near Shankly's so was put down well before my own (as we expected as we ordered earlier).

That help? Going past later today if you want something specific...

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #263 on: August 2, 2017, 07:39:41 am »
They have planted the trees around the last two now benches and it looked like there was a pile of stones to go down too.... So anyone buying late is likely to be by Stevie's bench as that is the last one in the row

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
« Reply #264 on: August 2, 2017, 01:46:09 pm »
Well mine was one of the last to be put down a few weeks ago, so it was by the edge between Dalglish's and Barnes' benches. Now, they have fenced off further and a few more are down.

But I found our branch one on Monday after looking on several days - but we have never had an email to say it was down. And it's near Shankly's so was put down well before my own (as we expected as we ordered earlier).

That help? Going past later today if you want something specific...
No, that's awesome, thank you. Will hope for the email, cause that needle in haystack would be daunting when I head there next season.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: August 2, 2017, 04:52:18 pm »
I rang them last week. Next batch to be completed by the Palace game.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #266 on: August 2, 2017, 04:57:47 pm »
Got the certificate through today...anyone any idea of how long it'll be from issuing that to getting some info on the location?.....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #267 on: August 2, 2017, 05:24:42 pm »
We got ours when we ordered it, or a few days later, so that was about a year before they started laying them. Shouldn't be too long now though - they will want the fences out of the way before we have matches I would think

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #268 on: August 2, 2017, 06:02:39 pm »
Got the certificate through today...anyone any idea of how long it'll be from issuing that to getting some info on the location?.....
If it's the initial certificate, it's no indicator of when it will be laid, but only that it was purchased.

The mrs got one for me, and gave me the certificate in November for my birthday. I haven't heard a thing about in being laid yet.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #269 on: August 2, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »
They have now laid all the tiles around Digger's bench, which just leaves the gap between the two final benches, and the space around Stevie's plus the last bit.

Mine was by the white bucket so you can see what they have done in the last few weeks but there is a still a pallet of them to be laid.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #270 on: August 2, 2017, 09:00:01 pm »
If it's the initial certificate, it's no indicator of when it will be laid, but only that it was purchased.

The mrs got one for me, and gave me the certificate in November for my birthday. I haven't heard a thing about in being laid yet.

:thumbup
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Bastion73

• Main Stander
« Reply #271 on: August 4, 2017, 12:53:37 pm »
Its not for me but if someone wants themselves or a loved one remembered at the stadium then so be it. No harm done.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world. And that's what I wanted, for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in." Bill Shankly

Offline Chief Brody

• Living the goosed life. Requires explanation. Works on the 110% scale.
  • Kopite
  • Hi
« Reply #272 on: August 4, 2017, 01:24:42 pm »

Don't think I've had a certificate but mine is down, I presume you haven't had the location email?

They're all but done now so you may well be in place already if you're not in the Gerrard section, which I think is the last to go down.

Good fun trying to find your stone. I must have walked over mine 3 times before my Missus spotted it.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #273 on: August 22, 2017, 01:48:42 pm »
Walked through there again yesterday - they have laid all those stones around Barnes's now but have tarmacked over the area around Gerrard's bench and trees! I was surprised but assuming it is a H&S thing as otherwise the ground would be uneven. Maybe there are more stones yet to be made or yet to arrive - and they are still on sale.

It is all open now though, no fences at any time so you can wander through when you want.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 4, 2017, 10:05:58 pm »
I've just seen on twitter that the stones are only guaranteed to be in place for 10 years. Club reserves the right to do as they please with them after that. God fucking help them if they destroy them at any stage.

https://anfieldforever.liverpoolfc.com/help.htm
How long will the stones last?

The stones will last indefinitely; however, we can only guarantee that they will be in the location for 10 years. This is the minimum period, but we have every reason to believe they will be there for many more years to come. However, we reserve the right to move, relocate or permanently remove or destroy the products at our discretion.

Offline PoetryInMotion96

• Anny Roader
  • His First Name Is Lucas
« Reply #275 on: September 4, 2017, 10:09:24 pm »
I've just seen on twitter that the stones are only guaranteed to be in place for 10 years. Club reserves the right to do as they please with them after that. God fucking help them if they destroy them at any stage.

https://anfieldforever.liverpoolfc.com/help.htm
How long will the stones last?

The stones will last indefinitely; however, we can only guarantee that they will be in the location for 10 years. This is the minimum period, but we have every reason to believe they will be there for many more years to come. However, we reserve the right to move, relocate or permanently remove or destroy the products at our discretion.
To be fair mate that was known from the word go and I believe before you checked out it told you again to read the terms and cons. It be what it be I suppose. But they have to say that just in case but they did say that from day 1, not a new thing

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: September 4, 2017, 10:17:01 pm »
I never saw it until now but why call it "Anfield Forever ". Paid £50O as a tribute for a mate, in the unlikely event that they were destroyed, they'll know all about it. Huge sentimental value for most people you'd imagine.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #277 on: September 4, 2017, 10:20:31 pm »
Impossible for them to guarantee them forever, so of course there is a timeframe on it.

As you said though, they all hold sentimental value so likely the worst that would happen is them moved to another location if that area is required for whatever reason.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #278 on: September 4, 2017, 11:04:46 pm »
I didn't know that and thought the same as DangerScouse about the name then. 10 years doesn't seem very long. I can see both sides to a degree - moving them would be one things, but destroying them?!!!  >:( :butt

• Main Stander
  • Football is my oxygen.
« Reply #279 on: September 4, 2017, 11:56:39 pm »
They look to be sold out now, personally, I'm thrilled I bought one of the medium ones, 10 year guarantee or not. It's a piece of me at anfield, and completely for sentimental reasons. I'm proud to have my name in place there, as I cannot be there like the lucky bastages who can. I do hope that if they do decide to remove, they will transplant, or give an option to return to the owner    :scarf
« Last Edit: September 5, 2017, 12:06:17 am by Sevens and Eights »