Author Topic: Fan tribute walkway at Anfield  (Read 58753 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: Fan tribute walkway at Anfield
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2016, 12:51:28 pm »
A retirement home for ex-kopites, now there's a thought.........
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2016, 01:49:05 pm »
It's their walkway mate. If they didn't have this scheme they would still need a walkway so fans can get to the ground and buy the rest of their over priced crap.

They can't have it both ways when it suits and they are putting their hands in their pockets it's all about pounds shillings and pence. If Tesco opened a store and asked you to buy them a walkway you would tell them to do one. Clubs cash in on the emotional connection between a fan and their club and it stinks.

FSG even have a phrase for it Leveraging fan affinity.

What next instead of them having to buy bog rolls we could buy them a bog roll with our name on it for a fiver.

Holy shit.  Some don't half get upset at things that don't matter one bit.  Don't like it, don't buy one.  Nobody is forcing it on you.   

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 25, 2016, 01:50:37 pm »

I don`t want to read some knobheads name who`s decided to throw £500 at it (no idea what the figures are) who may turn up at Anfield once or twice a season and tell all his mates how much of Top red he is.

Then don't stop and read it.  Just walk on past and go straight into the ground. 

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #123 on: June 25, 2016, 01:59:16 pm »
Yeah at the minute its chewing gum and pigeon shit. I'd rather LFC made money from it saying "Lu-Kim & Bjorn YNWA 4eva" or whatever
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #124 on: June 25, 2016, 08:52:41 pm »
Then don't stop and read it.  Just walk on past and go straight into the ground.
Look Tarquin, I couldn`t give a toss what some yanky doodle, hot dog whipping kidda thinks, typing away thousands of miles away from L4 offers as advice. I walk in and around the ground most home games and the advice and guidance of friends, family and reds who follow this club home and away from all over this country and beyond, matter.

People on the internet who may attend once in a lifetime or none at all then with all due respect, FUCK OFF. Don't think you have the position to advise lifetime match going reds because you thought the reds were GO because of Istanbul or something like.

If your a regular follower then I apologise, if your not then fuck off out of threads that matter fuck all to you because these matters matter not to someone sitting in fucking Cali Forn I aye.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #125 on: June 25, 2016, 09:43:36 pm »
Holy shit.  Some don't half get upset at things that don't matter one bit.  Don't like it, don't buy one.  Nobody is forcing it on you.   

The thing is we follow a sport. That is what it should be about the Football. Not cynical millionaires and billionaires using every single opportunity they can to take as much money out of the pocket of the fans as they can.

FSG have to pay for a walkway anyway. So why not have a system where you nominate fans who have made an outstanding contribution to the club. Why not remember the 96. Instead it is just being used as yet another revenue stream.

If it was an isolated cash grab then fair enough but it isn't. The owners try and portray a sense of togetherness and harp on about how great the fans are and how unique the atmosphere is. Well if that is true and they want unity and want to chat shit about LFC being a family club then how about treating the fans as a family and not a ATM at every opportunity.

If you do a job or a foreigner for a family member then it's mates rates or a freebee, you help out the people who help and support you. Football owners don't see it like that. For them they spin it on it's head and use loyalty as a weapon. Instead of loyalty meaning you get a good deal it means you get screwed because they know you will make the decision with your heart rather than your head.

Without this scheme they would have to pay for a walkway, so the cost of each slab should really be the cost of the slab minus how much it would cost FSG to install a blank standard paving slab. Instead they are just cashing in on the sentimentality of the fans. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: June 25, 2016, 11:29:41 pm »
Look Tarquin, I couldn`t give a toss what some yanky doodle, hot dog whipping kidda thinks, typing away thousands of miles away from L4 offers as advice. I walk in and around the ground most home games and the advice and guidance of friends, family and reds who follow this club home and away from all over this country and beyond, matter.

People on the internet who may attend once in a lifetime or none at all then with all due respect, FUCK OFF. Don't think you have the position to advise lifetime match going reds because you thought the reds were GO because of Istanbul or something like.

If your a regular follower then I apologise, if your not then fuck off out of threads that matter fuck all to you because these matters matter not to someone sitting in fucking Cali Forn I aye.

See, you could've used that same advise to my post.  Don't like it, scroll on past and don't read it.  Nobody is forcing you to read or reply. 

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: June 25, 2016, 11:31:05 pm »
The thing is we follow a sport. That is what it should be about the Football. Not cynical millionaires and billionaires using every single opportunity they can to take as much money out of the pocket of the fans as they can.

FSG have to pay for a walkway anyway. So why not have a system where you nominate fans who have made an outstanding contribution to the club. Why not remember the 96. Instead it is just being used as yet another revenue stream.

If it was an isolated cash grab then fair enough but it isn't. The owners try and portray a sense of togetherness and harp on about how great the fans are and how unique the atmosphere is. Well if that is true and they want unity and want to chat shit about LFC being a family club then how about treating the fans as a family and not a ATM at every opportunity.

If you do a job or a foreigner for a family member then it's mates rates or a freebee, you help out the people who help and support you. Football owners don't see it like that. For them they spin it on it's head and use loyalty as a weapon. Instead of loyalty meaning you get a good deal it means you get screwed because they know you will make the decision with your heart rather than your head.

Without this scheme they would have to pay for a walkway, so the cost of each slab should really be the cost of the slab minus how much it would cost FSG to install a blank standard paving slab. Instead they are just cashing in on the sentimentality of the fans.

Again, don't like it, don't buy one.  Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase anything. 

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #128 on: June 25, 2016, 11:33:24 pm »
Look Tarquin, I couldn`t give a toss what some yanky doodle, hot dog whipping kidda thinks

Bit offensive

People on the internet who may attend once in a lifetime or none at all then with all due respect, FUCK OFF.

Telling people to fuck off, nice...

You've already told him to fuck off and his opinion doesn't matter.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #129 on: June 25, 2016, 11:54:21 pm »
This thread is toxic. Can't see the point of it any more.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #130 on: June 26, 2016, 12:36:09 am »

I would say something but since I'm in the US my opinion doesn't count anyway.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #131 on: June 26, 2016, 01:12:11 am »
I would say something but since I'm in the US my opinion doesn't count anyway.
;D

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #132 on: June 26, 2016, 01:59:10 am »
Again, don't like it, don't buy one.  Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase anything. 

So touting tickets is fine then because after all no one was forced people to pay £500 for the Chelsea game in 13-14.

They chose to pay that amount of money so it is okay.

Get real mate. People do things because it becomes the norm. Not so long ago it was the norm to put a verse in the Echo for people who had passed away. Guess what the Echo cashed in on the guilt and charged exorbitant prices for a verse. I well remember people going without so they could put a poxy message in the Echo.

Now we have the internet and social media and guess what the mawkish bastards cant guilt trip us into paying ridiculous prices.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #133 on: June 26, 2016, 02:04:41 am »

Of course there is a point FSG get to cash in on past match goers one last time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 26, 2016, 02:29:21 am »
So touting tickets is fine then because after all no one was forced people to pay £500 for the Chelsea game in 13-14.

They chose to pay that amount of money so it is okay.

Get real mate. People do things because it becomes the norm. Not so long ago it was the norm to put a verse in the Echo for people who had passed away. Guess what the Echo cashed in on the guilt and charged exorbitant prices for a verse. I well remember people going without so they could put a poxy message in the Echo.

Now we have the internet and social media and guess what the mawkish bastards cant guilt trip us into paying ridiculous prices.

How is the club selling these slabs any different then them selling shirts, kits, scarfs, etc?  Should they also give those away for free?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2016, 02:32:54 am »
Bit offensive

I didn't take offense because, honestly, I have no idea what it means. 

Can someone explain what a "yanky doodle, hot dog whipping kidda " is?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #136 on: June 26, 2016, 03:53:04 am »
How is the club selling these slabs any different then them selling shirts, kits, scarfs, etc?  Should they also give those away for free?

Firstly the slabs are part of a walkway that the Club has to build anyway. They have to build it so they can rinse you at their Stadium.

It's a bit like Walmart charging you for a personalised slab on the Mall that gets you to THEIR Supermarket. 

Unfortunately we are daft enough to pay for their walkway to allow us to get to their cash cow.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #137 on: June 26, 2016, 06:51:37 am »
How many of these did you buy then Al? You sound really pissed off about the whole experience.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #138 on: June 26, 2016, 08:50:13 am »
Firstly the slabs are part of a walkway that the Club has to build anyway. They have to build it so they can rinse you at their Stadium.

It's a bit like Walmart charging you for a personalised slab on the Mall that gets you to THEIR Supermarket. 

Unfortunately we are daft enough to pay for their walkway to allow us to get to their cash cow.

Don't think we're going to convince you otherwise mate, which is fair enough, but can I ask you:

DO you see a difference between them charging x amount (whatever it may be) for a slab, and them charging x amount for tickets?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2016, 11:54:43 am »

Actually, they do have to build a walkway. They could have paved one.

They don't need to use granite slabs.

The slabs are an opportunity for supporters to interact with the club in a way the supporter chooses with the message they want.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2016, 12:27:45 pm »

It's not like that though.  These slabs are the same exact thing as the club selling a kit, or a scarf.  It's something that some people want and some think are a waste of money.  The money that is brought in from people buying slabs goes to the same place as the money they get from people buying a kit. 

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 27, 2016, 06:07:08 pm »
God forbid some people want to put their bloody name on some granite - must be glory hunting US-living reds eh?

Ridiculous posts in here, some "life-long reds" need to take a look at themselves.

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2016, 05:04:02 pm »
Lfc rip could be.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #143 on: July 1, 2016, 11:21:38 am »
My dad was born on the scotland road in 1939 and was a season ticket holder from 1955 to 1989, he died in 2011 he was cremated so no grave just a little plaque at the crem. Im gonna get a stone on the walk way so when my kids who never got to meet him are old enough il be able to show them and go , thats your grandad he loved liverpool 

anyone got an issue?
Insert obscure quote here

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #144 on: July 1, 2016, 12:49:11 pm »
Hope your kids understand that the stones aren't forever (see terms and conditions)and can be dug up and replaced by tarquin come lately from timbucktoo.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: July 1, 2016, 12:51:26 pm »
How many millions are FSG milking off the fans for this? £50, £60 Million?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #146 on: July 1, 2016, 12:51:40 pm »
Hope your kids understand that the stones aren't forever (see terms and conditions)and can be dug up and replaced by tarquin come lately from timbucktoo.

Not sure how durable Tarquin will be as a paving slab.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: July 1, 2016, 12:53:17 pm »

Who is forcing you, or anyone else to buy one?

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 1, 2016, 01:09:30 pm »
Just ordered mine

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: July 1, 2016, 01:12:03 pm »
 ;D ;D

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #150 on: July 1, 2016, 01:31:10 pm »
Just ordered mine

Close but no cigar.

;D ;D
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #151 on: July 1, 2016, 01:59:39 pm »

Nothing is forever
Insert obscure quote here

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #152 on: July 1, 2016, 03:32:39 pm »
Think we should chip in for a RAWK one! :P
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #153 on: July 1, 2016, 03:34:06 pm »
Think we should chip in for a RAWK one! :P

Kinki will be first in line with a payment ready.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #154 on: July 1, 2016, 03:37:43 pm »
Mines ordered

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #155 on: July 1, 2016, 03:48:39 pm »
If I was chipping in for anyone who perhaps should have their names etched into anfield as a permanent reminder to others for their selfless acts I would recommend Anne Williams and others who Campaigned tirelessly for 25 years.

Justifying who should have there names etched is just a slippy slope towards another argument.

Pay your money. Take your choice

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 1, 2016, 05:44:51 pm »
I'd love to have a stone for my Dad who took me to Liverpool as a kid in the sixties and used to put me on a milkcrate to see, a fella who watched Liverpool in the second division and was one of the fellas responsible for the Kop being the phenomena it was in the 60's and 70's or Uncle John who knew Shanks and was trusted by him, through travelling away on the same trains in the sixties and being in the Labour party in Canny Farm but £500 in austerity ridden Liverpool will mean that the, my Dad's and uncle John's of this world are very unlikely to well represented on the walkway.

And yes we can see that the club needs money from sponsership etc but many are concerned that this smacks of detatchment from the fans that made the club what it was. Sometimes the bottom line misses the point.  It may be de riguer at some clubs to eek out every penny from the fans but we're in danger of losing what made us different and losing your identity to leverage a few thousand from fans. It feels as tacky as some of the advertising I see around Liverpool about becoming a member, it doesn't connect with the local fanbase. Yes we are a global club but forget why we became popular, the underdog that came up the hill and we're just another souless corporation selling shirts and longterm what distinguishes you from Chelsea and the plassy flags

Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #157 on: July 1, 2016, 05:48:07 pm »
£500 is the top price though, the £60 is a hell of a lot cheaper and more affordable (cheaper than a bloody night out these days!).

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #158 on: July 5, 2016, 05:54:33 am »
"This Is A Brick" as a tribute to the "This is a Sheet" banner.
Please :lmao
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Steady Eddie

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #159 on: July 5, 2016, 08:37:25 am »
RIP RVP

"He could have been killed"