Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Spurs: Half time.....  (Read 202749 times)

Offline perstrame

• Main Stander
  • Spurs fan
Re: Liverpool v Spurs February 6th at 20:00
« Reply #800 on: February 5, 2012, 10:53:49 am »
17 pages?

What a sad set of fucking smalltime c*nts.

What a club they are though, eh? What a club. Three trophies in the last 30 years. Fucking massive massive club they are. We're just a joke nowadays, now that the mighty Spurs have overtaken us and finished above us three times without winning a single thing. They even got to the Champions League quarter finals, you know. The quarter finals!! What. A. Club.

I hope one day we can be as good as they are, as big, as mighty. I hope one day players from all over the world talk about us like they do them. I hope we can one day win three trophies in 30 years of existence, and that our name is in the 'They played good football once' history books (those things DO exist, right?). Why the hell are we winning 22 trophies in the last 30 years of OUR existence when everyone knows that a big juggernaut of a club wins three alone?! Why the fuck do we have to go and embarrass ourselves by trying to win yet another one later this month?! How fucking stupid are we going to look when we've won TWENTY FUCKING THREE trophies compared to their three?

One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again. I was there. I watched them play football, like other clubs played football, but not quite the same because there was a difference in their football, and I was there. I can tell you some stories about the three trophies Spurs won from 1982 onwards. Stories of bravery, how we sacrificed all other trophies during the same period because three was quite enough. Our status as a huge fucking juggernaut of a club was solidified with just those three. Players from all over the continent and the world said "Who?" when they were asked about us, sometimes turning the volume down on their tv just to do so, as they did not wish to be distracted by the sounds of Liverpool winning yet another trophy in late February 2012, taking their total to something astronomical. I can tell you some stories, my lad. Stories of bravery, of daring managers who hid cash from people who actually wanted that cash, stories of monkey looking players who also won absolutely nothing, stories of players leaving the summer afterwards and us suddenly realising we'd not win anything anymore at the same time as not actually winning anything....."

Oh why can't we be more like Spurs?! WHY?!! It's so unfair. I want to win nothing too!!! WHY CAN'T WE JUST PLAY FOOTBALL LIKE SPURS AND WIN NOTHING!!! IT MATTERS SO FUCKING MUCH!!!

What a club. What. A. Club.

All you've done in that post is go on about your history again...that's exactly what us Spurs fans dislike about Liverpool fans, you're hung up on the past. How many trophies you've won in the past won't win you the game on Monday, your 5 champions league wins won't get you into the top 4 this season. It's about the teamy you've got now, the manager you've got now, and the form that your team is in now. History has nothing to do with it. All history says is that over the past however many years you've been a bigger, better club than us. Now, we're the better team.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: February 5, 2012, 10:55:02 am »
Whats the weather like up in Liverpool? Any chance this could get called off?
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: February 5, 2012, 10:57:35 am »
All you've done in that post is go on about your history again...that's exactly what us Spurs fans dislike about Liverpool fans, you're hung up on the past. How many trophies you've won in the past won't win you the game on Monday, your 5 champions league wins won't get you into the top 4 this season. It's about the teamy you've got now, the manager you've got now, and the form that your team is in now. History has nothing to do with it. All history says is that over the past however many years you've been a bigger, better club than us. Now, we're the better team.

::) We'll see on monday. What. A. Club.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: February 5, 2012, 11:00:44 am »
Whereas Spurs talk as though they are one of the big boys now because they happen to be having a good season largely on the back of a loan signing who has allowed you to play the shape you want.

Question for you.

Which club would you expect to win the most trophies in the next 10 years ? Liverpool or Spurs ?

I know who I'd go for.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #804 on: February 5, 2012, 11:01:35 am »
I love how upset it makes other clubs knowing just how big Liverpool Football Club is.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: February 5, 2012, 11:02:07 am »

We've "been" a bigger, better club? We are a bigger, better club mate. Yes, you might currently have a better team, but you're not even the biggest club in North London.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #806 on: February 5, 2012, 11:03:34 am »

We'll see eh, 'cos football's a funny old game and just because you're above us in the league and on track to win fuck all, doesn't mean anything. I'm genuinely happy for you that you've got a decent side, but it won't teach your fans how to behave. You aren't part of the big time yet, if you get their fair enough, but you really aren't.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #807 on: February 5, 2012, 11:03:57 am »
Tbf, pestrame- he replied to a poster who was over-the-top delusional. Actually, that makes us different- the fact that we fall back on our history and we'll keep repeating it till the world is no more. You should know that as supporters of LFC, we don't care a jot what others think of us or whether they like us or not. Our past makes us what we are today. We prefer that others are irked by us when it comes to football. It shows that we're still on the right track.

Supporters of other clubs just don't get why our history is so important to us. We "apply" our history to the day-to-day running of our club as well as the way we act in our personal lives(I do at least). We actually "believe" in them- we don't just see them as valuable.
Some of the best lessons I've learned in life, I've learned from our past managers, including Rafa and now Kenny.

And for the record- before the recent incidents surrounding Evra, our club had prolly the best record of fighting racism and standing up for justice than most clubs. Spurs-supporters, like many others, actually chanted racist abuse at other players. A thing that was last done by LFC fans in the 80's!
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 11:07:25 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #808 on: February 5, 2012, 11:04:14 am »

We're at Wembley this month you know? In a final and everything. That's not even happened yet, how's that for history.

The difference between the clubs is that you see finishing above Liverpool as an achievement. Whereas a top 4 finish for us would be seen as a stepping stone rather then the destination.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #809 on: February 5, 2012, 11:06:05 am »

You've missed the point completely. Your lot seem to think that we're irrelevant, old news. He's saying, even in recent history we've done more than you. And right now we're in a cup final, with a decent chance of winning it. What are you lot gonna win this season? Well done for reaching the dizzy heights of 3rd mid way through the season! Honestly, big achievement for your lot. You may have a better team than us right now (marginally) but we're going through a transitional stage, we're building a new team, with a new manager, and new owners. So yeah, have your day, get third this season if you want, but enjoy it while it lasts.

Whether you beat us on Monday is irrelevant in my view, in two years time, we'll see who's laughing. Infact, fuck two years time, in 3 weeks time we'll have the chance to add ANOTHER trophy to the cabinet. If we're so irrelevant to the mighty Spuds, what are you doing on here? And why do you lot have 17 pages devoted to us?

Screams of inferiority complex.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: February 5, 2012, 11:06:40 am »

Highly unlikely, no snow. Only thing that might get it called off would be conditions around the ground, like a few seasons ago, but I'm not far from there and it's cleared up a bit today.
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: February 5, 2012, 11:07:32 am »
The great thing is, it annoys them so much when we say....

'We're the biggest club in the world'

Because we're the arrogant Liverpool fans. Boohoo!

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: February 5, 2012, 11:09:49 am »
Regardless of where they finish this season as well, it must be difficult living in Arsenals shadow, no wonder they're so deluded  :D
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Online CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: February 5, 2012, 11:12:25 am »
I cannot get my head round the amount of Spurs fans that are really getting wound up and pointing out to us that we shouldn't go on about our history, why the fuck does it bother them so much if they are so far ahead of us at the moment?

I'll tell you why, because they know that when every part of our team and set up clicks, a bit of wise spending in the summer and the current crop of players fully bedded in, we will be back right on their tails and it scares the fucking shit out of them. Smell the fear and enjoy it. They realize that a 'real' big club is no longer limping and is starting to flex.

:wave Spurs fans.

Online CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: February 5, 2012, 11:12:59 am »
Regardless of where they finish this season as well, it must be difficult living in Arsenals shadow, no wonder they're so deluded  :D

London's very own bitters.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #815 on: February 5, 2012, 11:14:00 am »

The difference between our two sets of supporters .... we don't suffer from delusions of grandeur .... our record speaks for itself. 

As for you being the better team - that is of course your opinion!
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #816 on: February 5, 2012, 11:18:47 am »
Highly unlikely, no snow. Only thing that might get it called off would be conditions around the ground, like a few seasons ago, but I'm not far from there and it's cleared up a bit today.

lets just nip this in the bud right now...unlike great swathes of the country, in Liverpool it hasn't snowed at all over the weekend..and today is so mild it feels like the 1st of May..there is no ice, no snow, no frost, no wind, no rain...just pale white/blue skies and damp pavements...so there is absolutely no/zilch/nada chance of the game being called off. Thank you
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Online CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: February 5, 2012, 11:19:51 am »
lets just nip this in the bud right now...unlike great swathes of the country, in Liverpool it hasn't snowed at all over the weekend..and today is so mild it feels like the 1st of May..there is no ice, no snow, no frost, no wind, no rain...just pale white/blue skies and damp pavements...so there is absolutely no/zilch/nada chance of the game being called off. Thank you

What you trying to say? Any chance it will be called off?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #818 on: February 5, 2012, 11:21:52 am »
possibly.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: February 5, 2012, 11:22:14 am »

So we're waiting on a pitch inspection?...

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: February 5, 2012, 11:22:41 am »

Spurs have a really good squad at the moment. However, apart from when we had 9 men against you and 'that' Bolton performance we have been the better team in the majority of games. I think if we play well on Monday we will beat you. It will be tough though because you do have a good team.

This history business. When does it ever stop. Rival clubs always beat us with it but now it's because we won the European Cup for the 5th time 7 years ago you think your a big club. As football fans we are very lucky because we regularly win trophies, maybe not as frequent as previous years but even over the past ten years we have had 'some' success. When, as a rival fan, do Liverpool fans stop discussing their success', because it is more often than you like to believe?

It's nearly eighteen months since we have had owners who aren't cow boys, the club has made moderate steps on the pitch in that time and huge steps off it. I think in the next 18 months we will able to challenge for numerous honours once again. That is why we are confident of winning on Monday and maybe getting fourth at the end of the season with possibly one to two trophies. Step by step, we are moving in the right direction again.

Offline Slinky

• Anny Roader
« Reply #821 on: February 5, 2012, 11:22:58 am »
It's just a bit icy and slushy, no snow and it's much warmer today so any ice will have melted by tomorrow.

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #822 on: February 5, 2012, 11:25:39 am »
Fucking hate Spurs fans. My Dad's one.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Vintage Nerd

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: February 5, 2012, 11:29:23 am »

That's what I said. Only thing would cause it to be called off would be adverse weather today/tonight and the damp pavements freeze.

Hunter S. Thompso
n

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #824 on: February 5, 2012, 11:29:47 am »
so what your saying is that fuck 100 odd years of history because its all about now?

and as for you having the better team now what a load of bullshit.you have been in better form for a few seasons but i honestly could only pick 1-2 players from your team that are better than what we have now.

bale and parker(while lucas is injured)would be the only players i would take from spuds right now.

makes me laugh 2-3 seasons ago you were relegation fodder,appy 'arry' takes charge and now your near champions elect.

fuck off,we lose stevie and luis and we can still fairly hold our own,you lose parker and bale and you are fucked

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: February 5, 2012, 11:32:14 am »
so what your saying is that fuck 100 odd years of history because its all about now?

and as for you having the better team now what a load of bullshit.you have been in better form for a few seasons but i honestly could only pick 1-2 players from your team that are better than what we have now.

bale and parker(while lucas is injured)would be the only players i would take from spuds right now.

makes me laugh 2-3 seasons ago you were relegation fodder,appy 'arry' takes charge and now your near champions elect.

fuck off,we lose stevie and luis and we can still fairly hold our own,you lose parker and bale and you are fucked
I think 99% of us would take Modric.

Offline cox3100

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #826 on: February 5, 2012, 11:33:15 am »
I think 99% of us would take Modric.
ok modric aswell ::)

;)

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
  • Rodgers will lead us back to glory.
« Reply #827 on: February 5, 2012, 11:33:25 am »
Johnson JUST better than Walker? Really? It beggars belief how underrated Johnson is, even amongst our own fans

Gerrard and VdV are at the same level? Really? STEVEN Gerrard?

I'm not sure whether they are man for man better than us, but at the moment they are a better team and far more cohesive.

Yes, Kyle Walker shows a lot more promise than Johnson and there isn't too much difference between them defensively.
And yes to Gerrard vs VdV. You didn't read what I said. At their respective peaks, Gerrard is a far superior player, but right now I'd be being very generous to say that Gerrard is better than VdV.

Offline cox3100

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #828 on: February 5, 2012, 11:34:27 am »
Yes, Kyle Walker shows a lot more promise than Johnson and there isn't too much difference between them defensively.
And yes to Gerrard vs VdV. You didn't read what I said. At their respective peaks, Gerrard is a far superior player, but right now I'd be being very generous to say that Gerrard is better than VdV.

so are you saying you would rather have vdv than gerrard in the liverpool team right now?

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #829 on: February 5, 2012, 11:34:37 am »
Fucking hate Spurs fans. My Dad's one.
My brother's one- they're his "second team", if there ever was such a thing. Fucking deluded gnats!

Hope we stuff them on Monday, but even if we don't, the thing that counts is that we're in with a good chance of winning 2 trophies this season. That will add to the history that they so despise.
They don't understand it, but we shouldn't be expecting them to- it's like pearls before swine.

It must be such a hurtful experience to a rival supporter.. visiting the Anfield trophy cabinet and experiencing temporary blindness as soon as it's opened! The light searing into their souls- tearing through nerves and dividing bone and marrow!

H.I.S.T.O.R.Y!
« Last Edit: February 5, 2012, 11:36:18 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline bigbear

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: February 5, 2012, 11:36:16 am »

We'll see on Monday whose better between Gerrard and VdV, it's not even close.

VdV is a good player with the ball, does nothing without it. Gerrard does both. Put him with Modric and Lucas or Parker and he'd be sensational as he was with Masch/Xabi.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #831 on: February 5, 2012, 11:38:26 am »

I'm not quite sure what  you're definition of 'bigger club' is.. Are you saying you're bigger than us because you're currently above us in the table? (I'm assuming you'renot taking last season into account because it's 'in the past'). Seems a bit of a stupid way of doing it to be honest. By your definition, who the bigger club is would change from week to week, month to month. If you go above ManU in the next couple of weeks I assume all the Spurs fans are going to be shouting your mouths off about how your bigger then them as well..

I mean looking at your argument, yesterday morning we were bigfger then Arsenal, after they beat Blackburn they were bigger than us, but if we beat you on Monday we'll be bigger than them.. You see, I wouldn't call that being the 'bigger club' I'd call it 'being higher in the table'. And I'm quite happy to admit that - 'Spurs are currently higher in the table than Liverpool'. Hope that settles it.. ;)
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #832 on: February 5, 2012, 11:38:46 am »
its the history that is the foundation
its the history that has given us the the desire ,the passion,the loyalty....the twelth man...the winning habit
when you have history,you have a fear that projects...transmits to clubs that dont have it...it creeps deep into the subconscious...of which you have no control over...its automatic.
your fans dread coming here...thats history
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #833 on: February 5, 2012, 11:39:55 am »

I think both sets of fans need something pointed out to them. History determines the bigger club; thus far and away that is LFC. The second thing is that all football seasons are independent of those that came before them. It doesn't matter whether Spurs or Man City were average 20 years ago, right now they are better than us and a win against either club is a great success. Tottenham have a great XI and have a wonderful attacking outlet, something which we will struggle to hold back.

Spurs fans - You know we're the bigger club, don't dispute that.
LFC fans - They are currently the better team. A win tomorrow (even at Anfield) would be a great result.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #834 on: February 5, 2012, 11:40:09 am »

Obviously had Spurs won 18 league titles and 5 European Cups they would have kept quiet about it because it doesn't matter...
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: February 5, 2012, 11:40:12 am »

The problem you have is this: you are the second or third best team in the league, you have some top quality players and even a world class player - you are on the biggest high in two decades.

And all you have to show for it is third place in the league and a quarter final of the CL.In your heart of hearts, i think you're settling for that.

You say it's all about the team and manager you've got now- if that's all you 'win' with your best in twenty years... then it's pretty depressing for you.

When the sun shines, make hay. Have a homecoming parade, add to the trophy collection - otherwise it's all a big load of hot air. You've probably been hammering Wenger for pretty football with no silverware for years...

The biggest myth in this era is that third and fourth place is an achievement in itself - self deluded Sky zombies buy into it. But I couldn't give a shit how many times we have finished second, third, fourth or sixth - but the amount of trophies is the fire that drives a real club.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline cox3100

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #836 on: February 5, 2012, 11:40:56 am »
I'm not quite sure what  you're definition of 'bigger club' is.. Are you saying you're bigger than us because you're currently above us in the table? (I'm assuming you'renot taking last season into account because it's 'in the past'). Seems a bit of a stupid way of doing it to be honest. By your definition, who the bigger club is would change from week to week, month to month. If you go above ManU in the next couple of weeks I assume all the Spurs fans are going to be shouting your mouths off about how your bigger then them as well..

I mean looking at your argument, yesterday morning we were bigfger then Arsenal, after they beat Blackburn they were bigger than us, but if we beat you on Monday we'll be bigger than them.. You see, I wouldn't call that being the 'bigger club' I'd call it 'being higher in the table'. And I'm quite happy to admit that - 'Spurs are currently higher in the table than Liverpool'. Hope that settles it.. ;)
fucking hell,does that mean newcastle are a bigger club than us :-[

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #837 on: February 5, 2012, 11:43:35 am »
I think both sets of fans need something pointed out to them. History determines the bigger club; thus far and away that is LFC. The second thing is that all football seasons are independent of those that came before them. It doesn't matter whether Spurs or Man City were average 20 years ago, right now they are better than us and a win against either club is a great success. Tottenham have a great XI and have a wonderful attacking outlet, something which we will struggle to hold back.

Spurs fans - You know we're the bigger club, don't dispute that.
LFC fans - They are currently the better team. A win tomorrow (even at Anfield) would be a great result.
when you get to the end of the season...only then can you judge...i hear fear....not just from yourself ,but from other spurs fans...that aint no coincidence....it cant get any better for spurs..they have peaked...were on a climb and will get better ...you know that...were on the up...youre on the way down
danny rose is one weak spot...it will be exposed...you have other injury problems...you will be weak
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: February 5, 2012, 11:43:50 am »
Whats weird about that thread is that if those people actually came on RAWK and checked the Spurs thread we have they would see that a huge amount of posters are incredibly complimentary of their team.

Yes some people expect them to crumble, but thats only because historicaly, Spurs always do. It's in their DNA. Dont forget we're Liverpool fans: we saw you turn a 2-0 lead into a 5-2 defeat at Old Trafford when we were going for the title 3 years back. We saw you lead 3-0 and lose 5-3 against United, and 4-3 against 10 men City.

Some expect Spurs to crumble. I dont. But some do. It's understandable. But a huge amount of posters have nothing but good things to say about your team.

As for us, yes people want us to be top 4 but I doubt you'll find anyone saying its our birth right on these boards. It's a weird thread.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Cybertom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #839 on: February 5, 2012, 11:44:48 am »
We'll see on Monday whose better between Gerrard and VdV, it's not even close.

VdV is a good player with the ball, does nothing without it. Gerrard does both. Put him with Modric and Lucas or Parker and he'd be sensational as he was with Masch/Xabi.

I agree, Gerrard is phenomenal, but on current form I don't see Gerrard outperforming VdV. I know Gerrard had been out for ages, but right now (inclusive of his injury) Gerrard is not playing better than VdV.
Why is that so hard to understand?