Author Topic: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match  (Read 147884 times)

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
He's not holding us back. He's a great man and a great defender, but I'd rather someone else there.

I dunno, I have never been a fan of Jamie so maybe you should take this with a pinch of salt.

I can't question the man, He has loads of integrity, determination, desperation and heart but im sure this clouds everyones judgement of his over all ability and his decaying physical attributes

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match
« Reply #761 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:18 pm »
This result wasn't too bad, maybe Kenny will try a different team next week, and maybe, just maybe, he will use Aquilani (if he doesn't leave before).

We can't go to the Emirates with the same team. If we lose that game, we will play catch up game yet again, and that will be HORRIBLE.

What are you expecting from this season?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:22 pm »
The only reason you perceive Carroll's goal as bad defending is because the defender lost the battle in the air.  Ergo, Carroll won the battle in the air.

Are you joking? Wes Brown misjudged the flight of the ball & jumped for it too early while Carroll came into the back of him, that wasn't an aerial challenge, that was Carroll using his size to his advantage, still piss poor defending though. If Brown had just stayed planted & backed into Carroll he could of cleared that ball with ease.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #763 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:24 pm »
Damn, if I had read much more of this thread it may have been my acolade.

It could be a blessing in disguise. ;D

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:27 pm »
lol @ 7-0  4-0 hahahahahah

Atleast I'm having the laugh of my life right now.. It's good hahahahaha..

lighten my day!! :D:D:D:D

7-0 hahahaha   whoever thou......

oh god.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #765 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:30 pm »
His touch was poor and he went wide of the goal, it was a blessing he was taken down.

You're stretching it there, aren't you? I stand by the facts and the laws of football.

Offline istanbulism

• Anny Roader
  • JFT96
« Reply #766 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:41 pm »
What's the bet Roy Hodgson made an extrodinary appearance in the Liverpool dressing room at halftime?
What a goal, what a night

Offline kidnesiac

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #767 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:55 pm »
i still feel Adam is a tad bit on the slow side. his distribution is good and he has vision, but when in a tussle in the middle of the park, he will have to work on the small touches that outlay the ball to Lucas or whoever else near him.

Raul was anonymous for some patches of his cameo, but he had some decent crosses. i think we need to figure out a way to play him in the middle when Kenny does select him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #768 on: August 13, 2011, 05:25:58 pm »
IIRC, in the season we finished 2nd under Benitez, we came back from behind most times in the league or made up most points from loosing position or something like that.
Yup, true, that was a pretty exceptional season. I loved our mental strength that year for the most part.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
The ref had been quite fair to us in my opinion, he could easily sends off a few of our players looking at all those late tackles...

What game were you watching...? No Liverpool player should have got a red, there were a couple of yellows, that was it.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #770 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:08 pm »
Some crazy opinions on here. Everyone is dissapointed at this result but lets be honest,we won't win the league unless we spend another 150 million,so its not the end of the world. We need to get back into the champs league where we belong and I think we will.

We missed a pen ,hit the bar,had a dissallowed goal,on a good day we would have won this game comfortably. I think the top teams will struggle against teams such as sunderland aswell ,so it wont be too bad a result.

Was kelly not even in the squad?

Offline ReeNah

• Kopite
  • I bleed RED!
I thought we looked like world beaters in the first half then looked league one quality the second. I can't understand why Kenny put Downing on the right when he was doing so well on the left...

I thought our signings did what they were signed to do (except Henderson) Adam provided a set peice assist, Downing made some excellent runs and crosses from the left and Enrique was class.

I wouldn't say it was a bad start but it wasn't terrible... I feel we would look alot better with Aqua and Gerrard in the team.
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail"
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:26 pm »
Disappointing, and Carroll seems almost like he has no pace. Don't want to attack our #9 but he really isn't what Nancy was.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #773 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:27 pm »
There are some people on here who need to take a deep breath because, judging by some of the posts, it looks as though some of our fans were hoping we'd draw so that they could have a bloody good moan.

The season doesn't begin and end today.

Relax

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
« Reply #774 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:29 pm »
Raul is only good in the middle but when he plays there, hes excellent.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #775 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:31 pm »
On the way home. Thought we were fine first half, and despite him scoring, don't think Suarez should have started. The players we had were set up for a classic 2 up top, yet we played with Suarez behind Carroll.

Should have been a red-card, and should have been 1-0. Second-half though, we were poor. Ran out of ideas, Suarez looked knackered and Flanagan looked out of his depth,being blunt. He's only a kid an he'll learn, but he struggled today for the 90 minutes.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #776 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:32 pm »
For the criticism on Carroll, I think it's harsh.

He gets through a serious amount of work for a front man. It will take time for him to bed into the new set up as I don't feel he found his feet ast season, for one reason or another.

I dunno, he looks very static to me, seems to have a heavy touch and headers a lot of ball over the bar.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:47 pm »
i don't know what game some people watched.....we were far from "excellent" or "fantastic" in the first half. we were just ok. if we were excellent, it should have been 3-0 cause sunderland were poor.

it's also a bit worrying that we seemed tired and slow in the second half...

people think that if you say that, it's going to be a meltdown, better not say anything, even for telling the truth, sssh!

“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #778 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:47 pm »
I seriously fail to understand why we blitz teams in the first half and then seriously die away in the second half. It's so fucking annoying and frustrating, if it's a matter of fitness then maybe we shouldn't be playing this way if we cant keep it up for a full game and if it leaves us exposed in the second half.

I notice the same thing (for the past few seasons). We start like a house on fire and by the end we are just holding on. Sunderland had enough quality chances in the end to win it!

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: August 13, 2011, 05:26:48 pm »
Expectation was always high when weve spent all the money we have ......

We needed to kick the ground running, instead we did that but somehow imploded in the second half.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #780 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:21 pm »
Incredible how fast 18-year old homegrowns can walk alone after one mistake. Embarrassing.
no one is saying that, we were just asking why didn't a 20-year old homegrown play instead of him. That is all.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #781 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:35 pm »
We're out of the title race.

Lets focus on a top half finish.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:39 pm »
Anyone saying Downing had a bad game either wasn't watching or is a complete wum. If his shot had been 3 inches lower, we'd have all been falling over ourselves talking about the "next Anfield legend." He, with the rest of the team, dropped off in the second half, but he looks like he's going to be fantastic for us.

Adam too...his set pieces were largely brilliant.

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #783 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:40 pm »
I dunno, he looks very static to me, seems to have a heavy touch and headers a lot of ball over the bar.

Sadly agree, thus far.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:47 pm »
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline ziew

• Boys Pen
« Reply #785 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:47 pm »
missed the probing from the likes of aurelio, maxi and raul. agger seemed restrained behind adam. henderson and flanno overawed.

BUT, these problems will be resolved and things can only get better.
Chris Poulsen Poulsen,
he runs like Roy Hodgson,
he'll lead us to relegation,
Chris Poulsen Poulsen.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #786 on: August 13, 2011, 05:27:51 pm »
First game of the season and as usual some right weapons jump onto RAWK as soon as we have a setback , FIRST GAME!.

Of course its a dissapointing start and people have a right to ask why the 2nd half turned out the way it was but calling Flanagan garbage? Did you think that last season? This is the trouble with blooding youngsters they are going to make mistakes but there seems to be no paitence to give young players time , its fucking ridicuolus how quick some seem to jump on a players back , even more so the young players.

Plenty in that 1st half to be happy about. 2nd half we seemed to look for Carroll's head a bit to much especially after Suarez went off. From all the headers; he had we could have been looking at a few more goals.

Enrique's first game after 1 day with the squad. Suarez and Lucas just back from a major tournament. Brand new midfield that has played together only twice in pre-season....and so it goes on.

Offline jah008

• Anny Roader
  • It's company policy to give you the plague!
« Reply #787 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:04 pm »
Flanno made mistakes, one of which lead to the goal. He'll learn but this match emphasises why we shouldn't hype our youngsters too much.

Wasnt totally his fault. Charlie Adam should have been marking the man that put the cross in.

Heaps of potential shown in the first 45mins from everyone. We need match fitness. And hopefully a fast right winger. *fingers crossed* Clone downing!
"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Offline kred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #788 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:18 pm »
Strategy was wrong in the 2nd half.  And the team played like it was alien to the formation, stray passes, yards of open space in our own half. 

Online Syntexity

• Legacy Fan
Honestly just gave me the impression that I've had all through the transfer window. We have overstacked CM's, about £50 mill and we still push Meireles out on the wing. At the end of last season, I thought we needed a left back, a CB, and atleast two quality wingers and another forward to give us something different than what Carroll and Suarez gives us. Didnt really think we needed anyone in CM with Aqua coming back. And we barely made a threat down the wings today. But on the positive side, Enrique was excellent. I am not dissatisfied with the transferwindow, just think that there were other areas than the central midfield that were of more pressing concern to strengthen.

I just think after the 35 minute mark, we just relaxed and you cant do that! All in all the performance today was nowhere near what to expect. This should have been 3 points in the bank.
Flanagan had a poor second half, should have been more aware on the goal. But he is not the only one to blame. Adam shouldnt have been behind Enrique there, no point in having two players hugging the line when there was another Sunderland player just waiting for the ball there to cross it in. Honestly, Adam lacks alot defensively. But still he played an ok game, a few good set pieces and one especially.

Henderson didnt do to much, but wasnt poor either. Just not that influential. Downing had a good first half but was nowhere too be seen in the second.
And for the ref. He was very poor today, but that shouldnt have mattered. The Carroll-goal was correctly disallowed, he had his hand on his back gave a small push. But should have been a definitive red for Richardson. But also, Wes Brown had two unbelievable dives and wasnt punished. I just think that Sunderland got away with some challenges and dives that should have been blown for. All in all we didnt deserve a win today, and a draw is a fair result. But we should have done better. Sorry about the long post, alot on my mind I guess..

Offline Tubes

• Whooshed by Sami Hyppia...
  • Kopite
« Reply #790 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:23 pm »
some of the comments here are a fucken disgrace, 1st game of the season!  :butt

One more thing, Henderson? -_______________- im struggling to see why we spent the money we did. He didnt exactly set the world alight at Sunderland.

but oh well! lets bounce back!
Hypocrisy thy name is montanaaa

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #791 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:24 pm »
Typical RAWK. We get a shitty result and the finger pointing goes straight to the referee.
Well, here's something Rawk-atypical. If there is a single person at whom the finger must be pointed it would have to be Flanagan. It pains me to say, but he was by far our weakest link and not just after the goal but also before it.
In the second half we also started skipping the midfield. We missed Gerrard, of course, but I just don't get how our pass-and-move game from the first 35 minutes just disappeared in the second half...
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:25 pm »
When I look back on it Sunderland were deceivingly bad first half, we were surprised by them in the second half and as a result were on the backfoot until the 80th minute.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #793 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:26 pm »
We're out of the title race.

Lets focus on a top half finish.

It is embarrassing that people think this though. Obviously not yourself (a seasoned fisher).

We need to have a better attitude. All doom and gloom.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:33 pm »
People are going to slate her but she does make some good points.

Throw enough shit at the wall and some of it is bound to stick.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Blue Coop

• Anny Roader
  • MCFC
« Reply #796 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:34 pm »
I only caught the 2nd half and I thought after the break you looked like you lacked idea's.

The amount of times the long ball was played rather than trying to play football through the middle was poor.

Especially since when you did pass along the floor the Sunderland midfield was so easy to bypass.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool 1 - 1 Sunderland, (Suarez, Larsson) - Post Match
« Reply #797 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:39 pm »
I think someone once suggested no post match thread till the day after.

Some of you lot are strengthening that claim.

Adam was shite? He was awesome first half.

Our main attacking threats (downing, suarez) ran out of steam. Carroll was feeding off scraps, he didn't exactly have a clear chance to score.

That's why we failed to get the second in the second half.

Along with the shite ref ensuring we werent out of site was why we lost

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #798 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:51 pm »
Let's see. Good start, then quickly tapered off. Too many long balls & not enough interplay through the middle.

Flanno made mistakes, one of which lead to the goal. He'll learn but this match emphasises why we shouldn't hype our youngsters too much.

Too many long balls. Just because we have Carroll doesn't mean we shld only play one way.

I don't understand why we put Downing on the right. His crosses are better with his left foot. Unless we want him to keep cutting in or deliver mediocre right footed crosses, why put him there & Kuyt on the left?

Kuyt started on the right when he came on then moved to the middle as Luis moved out on the right, it is called a fluid formation, however never really saw Dirk on the left that much if at all, he was once moving in that direction when Brown headed him! Downing also moved all over the place but i agree i want him on the left most of the time!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Carlos Eunuch Alberto

• Only gets a godd rub-down by paying for it - then posts about it on RAWK cos he has no mates to tell.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yeezy Taught Me!!
« Reply #799 on: August 13, 2011, 05:28:56 pm »
Really gutted ruined my weekend this, same old mistakes and oh were looking like a top 6 team not 4. Kenny needs to sort it.
Utd will win this no doubt about that,
I will happily cut my balls off and post them on here if they don't