Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2097873 times)

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #15080 on: July 27, 2020, 11:14:50 am »
The more you think on this the more you think everyone will pay it lip service rather than actually be bothered.

For example you could be really safe in the stadium. Then what? Everyone get on the 917 into town and stands up on a packed train back to wherever anyone might live.
Would we see entering and existing change - certain parts first, row by row?

I just don't see it. I see it for a bit, and it just being daft, then everyone just giving a nod to it but mainly ignoring it because at scale it simply does not work. Much like the rules on standing.

Bit like the return of footy itself. Players were not celebrating, aloud to touch etc at the start. Was all too confusing for everyone. Now, nobody is bothered - hugs and handshakes all round.

Probably be the same for any return. Some measures at the start, then slowly nobody will be too bothered, but officially rules will still be there.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15081 on: July 27, 2020, 11:32:43 am »
The more you think on this the more you think everyone will pay it lip service rather than actually be bothered.

For example you could be really safe in the stadium. Then what? Everyone get on the 917 into town and stands up on a packed train back to wherever anyone might live.

I just don't see it. I see it for a bit, and it just being daft, then everyone just giving a nod to it but mainly ignoring it because at scale it simply does not work. Much like the rules on standing.

Bit like the return of footy itself. Players were not celebrating, aloud to touch etc at the start. Was all too confusing for everyone. Now, nobody is bothered - hugs and handshakes all round.

Probably be the same for any return. Some measures at the start, then slowly nobody will be too bothered, but officially rules will still be there.

I see your point, but I believe with the numbers involved, if they don’t stick to rules, cases will just increase and stadium’s will just stop fans returning. The bit about the 917 and trains is a good point. Here in London it’s max 30 people on a double decker bus Ie 15 on each deck. In terms of the trains, I think they will continue what they do now I.e no standing and set number of seats sold.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15082 on: July 27, 2020, 12:03:01 pm »

You're definitely right, but I'd imagine with 30-odd % capacity it'll still be fairly distant on buses/transport. I think the concern is of course people going to crammed pubs pre-match during winter months or whatever but there'll likely be a fair amount of seats kept empty around them anyway. Just need to hope people use common sense. A temperature check on arrival isn't going to really do much in stopping spreading in itself, but masks will help.

It'll be pretty crap with masks/not being able to celebrate with those around you mind. I just hope people understand the risks / potential affects on the NHS and don't mind making a bit of sacrifice for now. There'll be plenty of people who have stuck to the guidelines and taken all cares to be as "safe" as possible - just need to hope those that haven't aren't being selfish.
YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15083 on: July 27, 2020, 01:17:20 pm »

Yeah, spot on I think.

Someone tell me the point of the social distancing markers on the podium when 10 seconds later they are all crowded round each other celebrating?

Just lip service.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15084 on: July 27, 2020, 03:19:13 pm »
Got an email confirmation at last this morning, but still nothing in my purchase history.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #15085 on: July 27, 2020, 03:48:31 pm »
Got an email confirmation at last this morning, but still nothing in my purchase history.

I've also got an email confirmation just now, although it's got the full membership price (Ł35.99) instead of the light membership price (Ł26.99) I paid for.

There's nothing in my purchase history yet either, but I'm going to assume it's fine as it says I have a light membership when I log into here https://members.liverpoolfc.com/

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15086 on: July 27, 2020, 03:55:02 pm »
I've also got an email confirmation just now, although it's got the full membership price (Ł35.99) instead of the light membership price (Ł26.99) I paid for.

There's nothing in my purchase history yet either, but I'm going to assume it's fine as it says I have a light membership when I log into here https://members.liverpoolfc.com/

Yeah just got my email. I’m in the same boat...it’s probably just an admin error. It’s a good job our football team is more competent than the ticket office.

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15087 on: July 27, 2020, 04:39:56 pm »
Towards the bottom of the email it says The Club have recently upgraded its systems, therefore require each LFC Official Member to reset their password in order to access the Members’ Area, My Account and Ticket Sales. To reset your password now please click here.
It's a slightly different URL ticketing instead of tickets.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15088 on: July 27, 2020, 04:45:28 pm »
Towards the bottom of the email it says The Club have recently upgraded its systems, therefore require each LFC Official Member to reset their password in order to access the Members’ Area, My Account and Ticket Sales. To reset your password now please click here.
It's a slightly different URL ticketing instead of tickets.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, I never read emails properly!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline benitezexpletives

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15089 on: July 27, 2020, 04:59:15 pm »
Cheeky that they are taking membership payments when there will nothing to have a membership for!

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15090 on: July 27, 2020, 05:06:05 pm »
Cheeky that they are taking membership payments when there will nothing to have a membership for!

I’d agree, if they hadn’t given two weeks notice to everyone

Boils down to individual choice now

Worth having if you buy loads from the shop etc

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #15091 on: July 27, 2020, 05:15:06 pm »
Do we reckon we might be seeing the community shield used as a test event for the return of fans in some capacity?

Seems like the perfect opportunity to me. Big spacious stadium inside and out. Excellent transport links. One team coming down from the North whilst the other comes from London, good chance to see if the transport links can cope. 

Offline hawkwind

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15092 on: July 27, 2020, 05:16:55 pm »
Thanks for that, I never read emails properly!
It doesn't change the password for the current members login though, that still uses the old login so I have changed that now to the new password.
Is anything ever straight forward with LFC systems.

The email also says that Ł23.99 has been taken although Ł26.99 has been taken from the account.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 05:19:37 pm by hawkwind »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15093 on: July 27, 2020, 05:19:26 pm »
Do we reckon we might be seeing the community shield used as a test event for the return of fans in some capacity?

Seems like the perfect opportunity to me. Big spacious stadium inside and out. Excellent transport links. One team coming down from the North whilst the other comes from London, good chance to see if the transport links can cope. 

Word is yes

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15094 on: July 27, 2020, 06:04:10 pm »
No real change for me ;D

I can never get tickets online with it
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #15095 on: July 27, 2020, 06:09:16 pm »
I've just received an email saying my auto renew payment was successful and that they had taken Ł35.99 out of my account. That makes no sense. They took 2 payments out which is mine and my sons which were Ł20.99 and Ł26.99. They were taken out separately last week. Where did they get Ł35.99 from? I can't check whether it's an email for myself or my son because both memberships use the same email address.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #15096 on: July 27, 2020, 10:57:35 pm »
LFCHelp just tweeted this

(1/2) If you got an email from us today saying you’d successfully renewed your membership, but the price in the email was wrong, we're sorry. We have charged everyone for the right amount but made an error in the email. Look out for a correction email tomorrow for the right price

(2/2) We realised there was a problem as we were mid way through sending it, so if you didn’t get a confirmation today don’t worry, you’ll get it once the problem is sorted out. We are really sorry...

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #15097 on: July 28, 2020, 01:47:17 am »

can we discuss criteria then?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15098 on: July 28, 2020, 09:11:16 am »

Doubt it. If there's gonna be a test it isn't gonna involve people migrating 200 miles.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #15099 on: July 28, 2020, 09:26:29 am »
Doubt it. If there's gonna be a test it isn't gonna involve people migrating 200 miles.

Surely part of any test would be ensuring that transport links are able to cope?

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #15100 on: July 28, 2020, 10:03:45 am »
I'm pretty sure they will start with some league games with no away fans at all + limited capacity, just like authorities have done in some other countries. If it works well and doesn't cause trouble, then they might consider lifting some of the restrictions (still, not all of them at once).
Community Shield has to be played on neutral ground, even if it's in the city which FA Cup winners come from, so it would be unfair if they allowed just Londoners and no LFC fans. I reckon they won't let anyone in to keep it fair then :(
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15101 on: July 28, 2020, 10:04:48 am »
They haven’t thought properly about the community shield being a test event, it involves people travelling 200 miles on trains with no standing allowed and half the capacity during a bank holiday weekend. Inevitably there will be engineering works and diversions also

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15102 on: July 28, 2020, 10:06:02 am »
I'm pretty sure they will start with some league games with no away fans at all + limited capacity, just like authorities have done in some other countries. If it works well and doesn't cause trouble, then they might consider lifting some of the restrictions (still, not all of them at once).
Community Shield has to be played on neutral ground, even if it's in the city which FA Cup winners come from, so it would be unfair if they allowed just Londoners and no LFC fans. I reckon they won't let anyone in to keep it fair then :(

I wonder how away fans can socially distance

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
« Reply #15103 on: July 28, 2020, 10:16:54 am »
I wonder how away fans can socially distance

No worries mate, it's going to be really safe

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #15104 on: July 28, 2020, 10:21:31 am »

It will be really safe.

And then when they announce 15,000 tickets for each set of fans we'll have The Hunger Games to decide who gets them!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15105 on: July 28, 2020, 10:34:19 am »
Surely part of any test would be ensuring that transport links are able to cope?

With what? Social distancing? Is that not what they do every day?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15106 on: July 28, 2020, 10:50:07 am »
You can't socially distance on public transport, that's why it's compulsory to wear a mask

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15107 on: July 28, 2020, 11:30:51 am »
No worries mate, it's going to be really safe

Hahaha I’ve actually done that in India before

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15108 on: July 28, 2020, 11:40:39 am »
You can't socially distance on public transport, that's why it's compulsory to wear a mask

They are still run on a reduced capacity. They are not packed to the rafters still.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15109 on: July 28, 2020, 11:41:39 am »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-2020-21-season-22428102

James Calder, who was part of the cross-sport working group with government and health officials, told the BBC: “I would be very surprised if we could get full stadia back this year.

"Realistically I think it probably will need a vaccine and also a high take-up rate of that vaccine before we can really see full capacity stadia.

YNWA.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15110 on: July 28, 2020, 12:47:52 pm »
Can't see away fans back at all next season going by that, surely clubs will concentrate on home fans first?

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15111 on: July 28, 2020, 12:57:22 pm »
Can't see away fans back at all next season going by that, surely clubs will concentrate on home fans first?

You'd imagine so just to avoid any potential local flare ups/transmission.
YNWA.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15112 on: July 29, 2020, 10:35:41 am »
Community shield is confirmed as being on August bank holiday weekend. It’s gonna be travel nightmare, if they use it as a test event.

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15113 on: July 29, 2020, 02:25:15 pm »
Community shield is confirmed as being on August bank holiday weekend. It’s gonna be travel nightmare, if they use it as a test event.

Anyone know if this event will see crowds?  Really interested in how they'd work this, rather than getting tickets as I guess I'm way down the pecking order

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15114 on: July 29, 2020, 03:12:22 pm »
Anyone know if this event will see crowds?  Really interested in how they'd work this, rather than getting tickets as I guess I'm way down the pecking order

It's been suggested as a test event for limited capacities, but then being played on a bank holiday isn't ideal (people would end up driving/taking coaches etc).
YNWA.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
« Reply #15115 on: July 29, 2020, 03:48:33 pm »
I think we are likely to have some form of fans in attendance. Maybe 20,000 each team but that seems like a lot so maybe even that would be pushing it. No doubt they'll find a way of giving them to corporate and FA sponsors or whoever too.

First game since March so imagine the demand will be huge, will sellout on a high credit I'd imagine, if it even gets past the STH's.

Shame really, I had a great time going last year and had actually been looking forward to potentially going again this year.

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
« Reply #15116 on: July 29, 2020, 05:37:23 pm »
Do they produce new membership cards for the 20-21 season?

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15117 on: July 29, 2020, 08:30:29 pm »
I think we are likely to have some form of fans in attendance. Maybe 20,000 each team but that seems like a lot so maybe even that would be pushing it. No doubt they'll find a way of giving them to corporate and FA sponsors or whoever too.

First game since March so imagine the demand will be huge, will sellout on a high credit I'd imagine, if it even gets past the STH's.

Shame really, I had a great time going last year and had actually been looking forward to potentially going again this year.

Yeah same here had a great day out. All that went last year should go in a ballot  ;D

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #15118 on: July 29, 2020, 08:35:07 pm »

yeah first game back and they've already said epl won't have fans until October at earliest so, had a great day in London too last year

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15119 on: July 29, 2020, 08:41:58 pm »
Do they produce new membership cards for the 20-21 season?

This is what they said after the fan update earlier in the year so I'd imagine so