Author Topic: Goal !!  (Read 5407 times)

Offline The Cappuccino Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • Aren't we free?
Re: Goal !!
« Reply #40 on: September 9, 2005, 03:16:38 pm »
Whenever I see Biscan's goal celebration against Bolton I always start pissing myself. He just looks like a big gormless goon when he puts his shirt in his mouth and starts doing some mad jog. Always makes me howl! :)
Formerly Mr Brightside.

Offline leroy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 9, 2005, 03:19:44 pm »
Whenever I see Biscan's goal celebration against Bolton I always start pissing myself. He just looks like a big gormless goon when he puts his shirt in his mouth and starts doing some mad jog. Always makes me howl! :)

just watched that again when you mentioned it

absolute classic lol

Offline Tarpaulin

• Polish Ambassador to Liverpool
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 9, 2005, 03:23:22 pm »
Remember Craig Johnno's jump and swing yer arm motion?

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 9, 2005, 03:36:31 pm »
Biscan had the best assist celebration ;D
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline wacko

• Keepsh a shecret gottle of Shcotch in hish top drawer. Cunning linguist and ical genius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 9, 2005, 03:43:32 pm »
The nuttiest has to be Temuri Katsbya's when playing for the barcodes. He completely lost the plot and went about dismantling the advertising hordings. Totally bonkers!
I remember that. That was hatstand.

I don't remember the Owen flip against Arsenal. I thought that was after his third against Germany. Or did he do it twice?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Offline Red Squiggle

• Legacy Fan
  • Raaaaaaaafaaaaaaa in Iiiiiiiiistanbuuuuuuuuul
    • Venus in Faux Official Webpage
« Reply #45 on: September 9, 2005, 03:44:55 pm »
Thought Biscan's celebration against Bolton was him thinking about doing the Gerrard shirt in mouth thing after his goal against the BS..... but failing!

Can't stand players who act all cool after scoring a goal - Henry and Arshole come to mind immediately. Love players who go utterly bananas when they score as its a moment of pure elation.

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: September 9, 2005, 03:49:39 pm »
I know it aint a goal celebration, but Beckham urging his England underlings to "Breeev! Breeev!" and doing a Stevie with his encouraging arm gesture - two minutes later France were winning.

Poetry in (Stop) motion.

Offline mjjason

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: September 9, 2005, 04:25:28 pm »
For me, I like to put my hands straight out with only the index fingers pointed and run like an airplane.  Similar to what Smicer did in the CL final.

Offline Xabi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 9, 2005, 04:34:59 pm »
Fowlers' at Anfield against the mancs.

Scored the second when we beat them 2-0 in 2001 and just ran infront, looking at them, shaking his fist.

Not over the top or showy - just calm and I bet it pissed them off.

Exellent, as were both of the goals and celebrations in that game.
R.T.K

Offline kevinbrodie

• Anny Roader
« Reply #49 on: September 9, 2005, 10:38:06 pm »
Great Thread...Heskey's DJ spooney is something that I have been able to repeat in my Sunday League team, only twice as I rarely every score, but I love doing it. I typically don't remember to do it until right until the other team kick off so I look like a right d*ckhead, but oh well, still fun.

Liverpool have not had a classic "celebrator" since Owen or Fowler. The closest we have had is Garcia with the thumb sucking bit, which I enjoy mainly because he just had a baby and so did I. I think if Cisse gets going we could enjoy some of his moments.

The worst celebration I have ever seen was when that stupid bastard down at Fulham put on a mask after he scored against us. We were terrible that day and that was a awful goal to concede. If I would  have been at that match I might have tackled him I was so angry.
Rafa is my Shankly

Offline Ghazi

• Kopite
  • Chicago Mojo
« Reply #50 on: September 9, 2005, 10:46:16 pm »
Gerrard furiously pumping both arms at the Kop after the goal against Olympiakos was the most passionate I've seen.

word. I was doing the same on my bed.
ooooooooohhh. . .the pedigree of that shot!. . . .

Offline Gee, Stevie

• whinging aussie... why oh why oh why?....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nummer neunzehn, bitte
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2005, 05:57:48 am »
The Heskey 'DJ' really was great at the time.  Watching the treble DVD brings back great memories of him - the only great memories of him.  Seriously, either Owen or Emile scored almost every game that season...

Before he became a Chel$ea rent boy, I really thougth Hernan Crespo was agreat player.  Mostly in his Parma & Lazio days.  Anyway, one game, against Juve, Parma were 1-0 down, and down to 9 men.  Juve were doing their usual score 1, then shut-up shop routine, and with 9 men, Parma were struggling to get over half-way or string two passes together.  Last 5 mins of the game became a real bore. You 'knew' Juve would just pass it round till the whilstle. 

Then, out of nowhere, A lucky pass or two, Crespo finds himself on the half-way line, no support, and two or three Juve defenders tracking back.  He just runs like mad, beats one or two defenders, weaves and scores an equalizer.  He just runs around like mad, waiving his arms over his head.  Just as the rest of his team-mates get to him, he just falls in a heap, and the team does a stacks-on-the-mill  job.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2005, 07:45:02 am »
As much as I hate Chelsea, I really admire Brian Laudrup. I remember he scored a good goal (in a 4-0 victory?) and he runs up to one of the cameras, slides into a pose and the rest of the Chelsea team arrange themselves for a photo.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline lfc4eva99

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96 - Gone But Never Forgotten - YNWA
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2005, 08:16:19 am »
ma favourite has been stevie after the thunderbolt he struck against the mancs....awsome strike and a great celebration, also his strike against everton in the derby a few seasons back when he ran back with a gesture saying " i cant hear you!!!"
"At the end of the storm, is a golden sky."

Offline Cambo

• Kemlynite
  • Yeats, Hyypia, The Colossus of Anfield Rhodes
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2005, 11:04:18 am »
Yep good shout with the Stevie G vs the Bitters - he seemed so much happier and more carefree at that stage!

Also a big fan of the Crazy Horse raised arms, clenched fists going bananas.

Was watching the 96 Newcastle 4-3 today and and Collymore's after the 4th was class, pretty similar to Flo's v Spurs last year - high knee running and pumping arms.

Finally, a massive shout for Zidane after his penalty in Euro 2000 v Portugal. Just took off towards the crowd and slowly started to roar, a nice delay, and building to a crescendo - all class.

Offline okcomputer

• Fuckwit
  • Kopite
  • Red Red Wine Stay Close to Me
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2005, 11:45:27 am »
also his strike against everton in the derby a few seasons back when he ran back with a gesture saying " i cant hear you!!!"

that was sucha  cheeky celebration, at goodison too, he ran down the entire touchline, in about 3.2 seconds it was amazing , hand to ear aswell ,...mad

my favourite though was Ronnie Whelan scoring for Ireland against USSR in Euro'88., not onlt the best scissors kick of all time but the best knee slide celbration too, complete with perfect punch of the air as he was mid flight
Quote from: mrsphilthefish on 20/10/07 at 04:28:32 PM
A red jumped up when we scored and some bluenose jumped up and said "fuck off out you. How did you get a ticket in here you fucking red gobshite?"
To which the red replied "coz YOU couldn't sell your tickets to your fucking own, they even went on fucking general sale for fucks sake. So I put s

Offline slapnuts

• Kopite
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2005, 12:21:45 pm »
Always thought Kennys was the tops...............both arms in the air, and that big Dalglish smile.............never forgotten.

fuck me thats spme avtar

Offline archt_marj14

• Anny Roader
  • english foxes are the most dangerous.
« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2005, 04:50:45 pm »
Stevie's versus Olympiacos last season, full of passion but no-one's mentioned when he scored against the Bitters three or four years back when he cupped his ear and stuck his tongue and ran down the line in front of the dugout, classic!

Owen's celebration after the 2nd in Cardiff for me. Just flipped over and held his arms out infront of our fans almost a "Look at me, I'm just fucking unstoppable" look

That two immediately popped into my head when I started reading this thread, so I'll have to resort to quoting since they have already been described so masterfully. ;)

Another fave Gerrard goal celebration is mine is when he used to run towards the sidelines with the front of his shirt clamped between his teeth. How hard? Ger-rard!
...then I'd own you.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2005, 04:57:07 pm »
Another fave Gerrard goal celebration is mine is when he used to run towards the sidelines with the front of his shirt clamped between his teeth. How hard? Ger-rard!
You raaaaang ;)?!

YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2005, 05:04:44 pm »
Aldo, was always a pleasure to see him celebrate a goal..

Offline bono1712

• Kopite
  • "Shankly is our hero he showed us how to play"
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2005, 09:19:08 pm »
Must admit I do like the Gerrard against the bitters but Redknapp looked the bollocks after a screamer against Blackburn when he put his hands up in the air and just nodded for about a minute! can't believe no one has mentioned the cheeky as fuck Aldridge rubbing of the head after a Forest own goal in the semi final of the FA cup!! how pissed off must that lad of been?
@bono1712

Offline Мерфи

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 13, 2005, 08:29:16 am »
can't believe no one has mentioned the cheeky as fuck Aldridge rubbing of the head after a Forest own goal in the semi final of the FA cup!! how pissed off must that lad of been?

I'm just waiting for the cheeky bastard who goes and piles on the poor schmuk who scores and own goal in a big game.  That would be the ultimate insult and most classic celebration of all time!
Never argue with a fool . . . people may not know the difference .

Offline rojo_matty

• Boys Pen
  • Yer ma!
« Reply #62 on: September 28, 2007, 02:10:57 pm »
Does anybody know why Stevie runs to the corner of the Main Stand near the Kop? Does his ald fella sit there or suttin?

Offline redchiz

• No income tax, no VAT
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Reds are coming up the hill, boys...
« Reply #63 on: September 28, 2007, 02:20:26 pm »
Does anybody know why Stevie runs to the corner of the Main Stand near the Kop? Does his ald fella sit there or suttin?

I'm pretty sure players' tickets (for family, friends etc.) are in block MA so what you say makes sense.
"Rise like Lions after slumber
In unvanquishable number,
Shake your chains to earth like dew
Which in sleep had fallen on you -
Ye are many - they are few." Percy Bysshe Shelley

Offline Martyn.

• Nearly 20 and still a virgin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2007, 06:04:49 pm »
This is a great thread to read though, it brings back great memories ;D
Number 9

Offline Dar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: September 28, 2007, 06:14:59 pm »
The Heskey 'DJ' really was great at the time.  Watching the treble DVD brings back great memories of him - the only great memories of him.  Seriously, either Owen or Emile scored almost every game that season...

Remember watching the treble dvd couple weeks ago. In the future legends bit they have in it i noticed that they've all gone and left now!!! So much for future legends!

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2007, 06:18:41 pm »
gotta be bellamys golf celebration for me.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline kingmonkey007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2007, 06:35:33 pm »
Arbeloa's celebration when any of our players score always makes me chuckle, Sprints towards who ever scored and just dives on them like a nutter. (even better when there is a pile of the players there).

Offline hkkop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2007, 06:58:39 pm »
Arbeloa's celebration when any of our players score always makes me chuckle, Sprints towards who ever scored and just dives on them like a nutter. (even better when there is a pile of the players there).

Arbeloa went nuts whenever his teammate scores.

while his celebration for his first goal in red shirt against Reading last year was calm as water.

That was in fact the second goal in his career. Weird.

Offline uneverwalkalone

• LFC TV now available on SKY 448, Virgin Media 544 or e-season ticket. Happy to buy from touts.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2007, 07:08:45 pm »
I thought Smicers was weird, he just runs then suddenly stops. No-one around him.

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2007, 07:40:27 pm »
you  get a yellow card for pulling your shirt up now!

It's a disgrace.  Despite the fact that the authorities are against racism, they're blatantly bringing rules in to stop shirtlifters.

That's discrimination, that is.
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline IanBrown

• Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2007, 08:21:56 pm »
How has nobody mentioned ian rush?

his strange, 'right hand upper cut' that turned into both hands in the air with open palms was weird.  (see opening goal against palace 1990 fa cup semi)  for someone who scored so many goals he seemed more shocked than happy that he had scored.

just to mention, good job alan shearer had retired before the 2006 world cup, his right hand up, palm out, could have upset a few people in germany.  ;)

Offline liverpool-18*****

• banned
  • Main Stander
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2007, 09:00:33 pm »
Just watching the Shankly progamme on LFCtv and there's some classic celebrations from Emlyn,both hands in the air.

Loved Luis's thumb sucking too :D

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2007, 09:07:04 pm »
My favourite is Reina in the derby when Garcia (I think) scored down at the kop and Pepe sprinted the length of the pitch in 1.8 seconds before hurling himself on top of everyone.  Brilliant.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: September 28, 2007, 11:36:35 pm »
theres a couple i like king Kenny's at wembley vs bruges ,and when Milan baros nearly decapitates xabi alonso after his goal in Istanbul brilliant .

Offline wickolfc

• Seriously Thick Feedback Tourist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He's big an he's fuckin' ard"
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2007, 02:19:23 am »
His brother and cousins sit there.

Offline Texas Reds Fan

• The first to learn about Project: Rename LFC
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is emptiness, emptiness is form
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2007, 03:18:43 am »
How about the pic on this link?

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=37090.msg3237122#msg3237122

Talk about a weird celebration...

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2007, 09:55:44 am »
His brother and cousins sit there.

I always assumed it was Mrs G. Must be a great feeling to score in front of the Kop and then run to your brothers and cousins. I'd love to do that; my cousins are all bluenoses.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2007, 10:53:39 am »
I liked Xabi's against Newcastle when the nearest player to celebrate with was Pepe!

From the 80's I remember McMahon scoring against the Bitters and him and Aldo going nuts smacking each other.

Digger was always the coolest - pulls a wonder goal out of the bag and then jogged off with a nonchalant one finger in the air.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2007, 12:46:10 pm »
Always thought Kennys was the tops...............both arms in the air, and that big Dalglish smile.............never forgotten.
Never tired of watching Kenny celebrate a goal.