Author Topic: Emre Can  (Read 290016 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Emre Can
« Reply #3040 on: November 15, 2017, 03:56:42 pm »
If that's true, then we need another description other than "he lacks pace". What you appear to be suggesting is that he's "lazy" or "uncommitted" or possibly "temperamental" and "moody" ("when he wants to be"). Is that fair?

PS I should say that it's impossible to tell from Babu's stats whether Can reached his top speed - ie the team's top speed - when he was going forwards  or backwards, so it's at least possible that you might be wrong in your own assessment.

For me this year, Can is functioning around 60% of what he can do, as opposed to the end of last season where he was giving it his all. Now he'll commit to the charge when going forward, but getting back to defend not so much. I've never seen him as a slow player per say, he's definitely got pace to him, not in the same way that Mane' or Salah have it, but he's definitely got a top speed to him. In the same way that Lukaku has pace to him.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3041 on: November 15, 2017, 04:13:18 pm »
Although according to the stats that Babu posted in this thread Can is the quickest Liverpool player there is. Or at least against Arsenal he reached speeds that others, including Mane and Salah, were unable to reach.

I must admit that surprised me. Although it also surprises me that anyone would ever think Can was slow.

He's fast once he gets up a head of steam but it takes him about 15 yards to get there. He's sluggish over the first 10 yards.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3042 on: November 15, 2017, 04:30:07 pm »
He's fast once he gets up a head of steam but it takes him about 15 yards to get there. He's sluggish over the first 10 yards.

I respectfully suggest, sir, that this is a huge exaggeration.

First 3 yards maybe. Although that still shouldn't be sniffed at.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3043 on: November 15, 2017, 07:06:45 pm »
Sell after putting him on big wages? What club would pay a decent fee and £150k+ a week for Can?

Any club that’s about to get him for free. It’s cheaper for them to pay 30-40m for him and then 100+ a week. He’ll probably be able to get a fat signing on bonus and at least £200k a week if he goes. As we’re not going to be getting a penny, it’s still cheaper for the club he signs for. And of course, there’s no way we should pay him that much to stay.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3044 on: November 15, 2017, 07:08:33 pm »
Can is fast in a straight line. He has the turning speed of a tank.

He has always played at his own tempo

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3045 on: November 15, 2017, 07:22:39 pm »

he is a tank after all.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3046 on: November 16, 2017, 07:16:17 am »
Although according to the stats that Babu posted in this thread Can is the quickest Liverpool player there is. Or at least against Arsenal he reached speeds that others, including Mane and Salah, were unable to reach.

I must admit that surprised me. Although it also surprises me that anyone would ever think Can was slow.

He could be like Carroll - he wasnt slow by any means once he got going. The problem is not his maximum velocity but his acceleration which is the rate at which he gets to that maximum velocity, as well as his ability to quickly change direction.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3047 on: November 16, 2017, 09:30:37 am »

Tanks turn on the spot, pretty quickly, thanks to their tracks going in opposite directions, so not the best example  ;D

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3048 on: November 16, 2017, 10:30:14 am »
Yeah probs have a decent look-away pass in their locker as well..

Offline Art of Lies

• The anime Effes. RAWK never forgets the tentacles.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3049 on: November 16, 2017, 11:26:04 am »
Just to put things into perspective, we are not the only team that has this problem, and other teams are dealing with it in a similar way.

Manchester United's most important midfielder, a player in his prime and a vital part of Mourinho's scintillating brand of football is refusing to sign a new contract with his current one set to expire in the summer. The papers say that Mourinho will not sanction a January sale even if it means his star player will leave on a free. Having signed for United for 27.5 million in 2013 one can imagine what his value would be in today's market, if Mourinho sees more value in keeping this full international and guaranteed starter until the end of the year instead of cashing in in January then surely this makes Klopp's stance on Can understandable given his role in the squad. Personally I can't imagine Mourinho's United without Marouane Fellaini, what a loss he will be to them next season and their supporters must fear for their chances of even qualifying for the CL without him.
'If I had known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.'

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3050 on: November 16, 2017, 03:45:02 pm »
Just to put things into perspective, we are not the only team that has this problem, and other teams are dealing with it in a similar way.

Manchester United's most important midfielder, a player in his prime and a vital part of Mourinho's scintillating brand of football is refusing to sign a new contract with his current one set to expire in the summer. The papers say that Mourinho will not sanction a January sale even if it means his star player will leave on a free. Having signed for United for 27.5 million in 2013 one can imagine what his value would be in today's market, if Mourinho sees more value in keeping this full international and guaranteed starter until the end of the year instead of cashing in in January then surely this makes Klopp's stance on Can understandable given his role in the squad. Personally I can't imagine Mourinho's United without Marouane Fellaini, what a loss he will be to them next season and their supporters must fear for their chances of even qualifying for the CL without him.
Aren't Mata and Herrera in their final years as well? My source for that is Fifa but they're usually accurate  ;D

I'm trying to be unbiased but I really don't understand why Can would want to go to Juventus apart from some easy Serie A titles. He will be a perennial fixture on the bench during the most important period of his career.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #3051 on: November 16, 2017, 10:28:43 pm »
If that's true, then we need another description other than "he lacks pace". What you appear to be suggesting is that he's "lazy" or "uncommitted" or possibly "temperamental" and "moody" ("when he wants to be"). Is that fair?

PS I should say that it's impossible to tell from Babu's stats whether Can reached his top speed - ie the team's top speed - when he was going forwards  or backwards, so it's at least possible that you might be wrong in your own assessment.

lacking concentration? not always being in the moment? haven't seen babu's post re his pace but doesn't seem to be always there.  appreciate that he has ability and i'd like him to stay and grow here but have the feeling that there are MFs out there more suited to klopp's blueprint.  he should be concerned that keita is coming and that we're linked with goretzka because we're not going to be staring more than three players in centralish MF unless we have a load of injuries. 

well up for the lad staying and getting better here btw but can't say my heart would break if he does go.  yes, frustrating to lose a promising player and a chunk of money but he's not a suarez and seems reasonably upgradable.   

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3052 on: November 16, 2017, 10:32:13 pm »
In negotiating his salary, is it likely we'd factor in the transfer fee to sign a replacement? In which case there is plenty of room to increase his salary from an overall cost/benefit perspective.

Of course there are other things to consider - principles, future negotiations, squad morale etc.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3053 on: November 21, 2017, 10:08:11 pm »
His minds elsewhere

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3054 on: November 21, 2017, 10:09:33 pm »
His minds elsewhere

Mine eventually would be, too, if my manager persisted with players clearly inferior to me in my position.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #3055 on: November 21, 2017, 10:20:28 pm »
Mine eventually would be, too, if my manager persisted with players clearly inferior to me in my position.

Ditto
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #3056 on: November 21, 2017, 10:22:16 pm »

Spot on

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3057 on: November 21, 2017, 10:40:22 pm »
Maybe he should sign a new contract then, I see no point in giving him that many starts now if he's going to be off soon. He'll play a lot more over the Christmas period but he's being phased out and rightly so.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3058 on: November 21, 2017, 10:42:15 pm »
Maybe he should sign a new contract then, I see no point in giving him that many starts now if he's going to be off soon. He'll play a lot more over the Christmas period but he's being phased out and rightly so.

Well, that's a different argument. We are where we are now. All I would say is that Henderson and Wijnaldum clearly aren't the future of our midfield either so I'd rather see us play the best players we've got for the job now and worry about that next summer when Keita and hopefully AN other can bolster that area of the pitch.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3059 on: November 21, 2017, 10:45:41 pm »
Well, that's a different argument. We are where we are now. All I would say is that Henderson and Wijnaldum clearly aren't the future of our midfield either so I'd rather see us play the best players we've got for the job now and worry about that next summer when Keita and hopefully AN other can bolster that area of the pitch.
He's a very inconsistent player, I think some forget that when he's out of the team. He's always been an inconsistent player though because he's spent most of his development stage with us. Now he's going to leave us for nothing after all that time we invested in him and we'll never see the fruits of that labour, quite frankly he can fuck off, would rather see Grujic or Ejaria out there.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #3060 on: November 21, 2017, 10:47:31 pm »
There is a perfectly good post match topic but you all had to bring your cuntishness in here.