Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 593577 times)

Offline JD.

• Continually left frustrated at the back. Desperate for it! No longer averaging 13 posts a day - luckily for us!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #2280 on: August 19, 2017, 08:00:23 pm »
Yeah, Klopp has gotten the best out of Lallana and he's one of the most important players we have now. It'll be a while before we see him play for us, but at least we'll have him back for the second half of the season.

You could say come the January transfer window... He'll be like a new signing  8)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2281 on: August 19, 2017, 08:02:28 pm »
He is always injured for a decent bit for us unfortunately.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2282 on: August 19, 2017, 08:28:23 pm »
He is always injured for a decent bit for us unfortunately.

125 games in 3 seasons suggests otherwise.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2283 on: August 19, 2017, 08:33:13 pm »
Paul Joyce saying he won't be back until December.

is this real? can't see it anywhere else

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #2284 on: August 19, 2017, 08:34:18 pm »
is this real? can't see it anywhere else

In Joyce's latest article about Coutinho he does say Lallana is likely to be out until December.

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2285 on: August 19, 2017, 08:37:32 pm »
In Joyce's latest article about Coutinho he does say Lallana is likely to be out until December.

Joyce been chatting shit lately. like coutinho not wanting to play for us again. which he took it from Spanish press

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2286 on: August 19, 2017, 08:39:37 pm »
Joyce been chatting shit lately. like coutinho not wanting to play for us again. which he took it from Spanish press

That's a good point, it would be interesting to see other sources say the same thing. I know Joyce is usually very reliable, but he has gotten it wrong before.

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2287 on: August 19, 2017, 08:45:59 pm »
he was out for 2 months. considering its coutinho's article must be some kinda mistake in bottom of the article.

Joyce is having a shocker or anfieldhq is fake news
https://twitter.com/AnfieldHQ/status/898684660452143104
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 08:51:16 pm by Kopout »

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2288 on: August 19, 2017, 08:54:04 pm »
Paul Joyce saying he won't be back until December.

Is this the same Paul Joyce who said Mane wasn't playing today? If it is true though I am fucking gutted. My favourite player, he's an absolute joy to watch. And I love him because he proved me right; and who doesn't love being right? ;D Said at the end of Klopp's first season he'd be one of the first names on the team sheet when others said he would be sold. Crying out for him in that midfield right now.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2289 on: August 19, 2017, 10:45:50 pm »
Lets wait and see, Klopp would have commented on it

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2290 on: August 20, 2017, 06:46:23 am »
I think he is our best player when it comes controlling the play and general effectiveness of our midfield. His ability to control the ball in tight spaces and his composure is a big miss.

I think our team is suffering more from his injury than Coutinho's "injury".

If there is one thing I wanted the club to do this summer it was to find a similar player to Adam. I guess they tried to do than with Keita. 

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #2291 on: August 20, 2017, 11:46:51 am »
It's a huge blow if he is out till Christmas. We only really have two players that carry the ball and create, Adam and Phil. We really need another one now.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2292 on: August 20, 2017, 11:48:33 am »
Someone on another thread said there was a "rolling" two month period for his injury and that's why Joyce is saying he might be out until December. It might be that in the worst case scenario he'll be out until December, but not necessarily so.

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #2293 on: August 20, 2017, 11:52:38 am »
Someone on another thread said there was a "rolling" two month period for his injury and that's why Joyce is saying he might be out until December. It might be that in the worst case scenario he'll be out until December, but not necessarily so.

Let's hope so.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2294 on: August 20, 2017, 12:03:44 pm »
Correction by Paul Joyce, he will be back in November
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2295 on: August 20, 2017, 12:06:32 pm »
Correction by Paul Joyce, he will be back in November

@_pauljoyce
I was wrong in an article saying Adam Lallana may only be back fit in December. Liverpool still expect November.

Good news. :)

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2296 on: August 20, 2017, 12:21:37 pm »
Ok so another reason not to trust anything he says?

Better news though. Early November hopefully. It's clear we are missing him already.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2297 on: August 20, 2017, 12:24:10 pm »
Gonna badly miss the options he gives us.We desperately need another midfielder with vision, even if Phil stays.

Offline Kopout

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2298 on: August 20, 2017, 12:28:33 pm »
Should be early october as well. wrong again

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2299 on: September 15, 2017, 02:44:52 pm »
Klopp says that he should start running again next week. :)

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2300 on: September 15, 2017, 03:42:32 pm »

It's easy to say after recent results but we do miss him.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #2301 on: September 15, 2017, 04:09:05 pm »

Good news. We are missing what he offers in the middle as he is arguably the player most suited to how Klopp plays in our squad.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2302 on: September 15, 2017, 04:15:05 pm »
Back a lot quicker than expected then, we desperately need him in that midfield.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2303 on: September 15, 2017, 05:56:07 pm »
He usually does heal quite quickly, would be wonderful to see back training, fingers crossed not long now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2304 on: September 15, 2017, 06:06:22 pm »
It's easy to say after recent results but we do miss him.
Fuck the team, I miss him  ;)
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #2305 on: October 5, 2017, 06:02:56 am »
Any news on his return yet?

Found a bit on the net from a week ago saying he had started light training outside but that's it. Wondering if he may be in the frame for the Manc game?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2306 on: October 5, 2017, 07:03:58 am »
Any news on his return yet?

Found a bit on the net from a week ago saying he had started light training outside but that's it. Wondering if he may be in the frame for the Manc game?

He might be, but not likely - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-liverpool-missed-lallana-the-13711961.amp - he certainly isnt far off from a return though.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2307 on: October 5, 2017, 01:05:40 pm »
Wonder if he could play a bit deeper, with Coutinho remaining in that spot at the head of the midfield triangle

Offline David Struhme

• Kopite
« Reply #2308 on: October 5, 2017, 01:25:07 pm »
Wonder if he could play a bit deeper, with Coutinho remaining in that spot at the head of the midfield triangle

Yes I think if everyone is fit our first choice will be:

Mane             Firmino           Salah

Coutinho

Lallana

Henderson

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2309 on: October 5, 2017, 01:28:17 pm »
Yes I think if everyone is fit our first choice will be:

Mane             Firmino           Salah

Coutinho

Lallana

Henderson

That’s a pretty unbalanced front 6 right there. 

Offline Snoopy29

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2310 on: October 5, 2017, 01:31:17 pm »
One of the most hard working and effective players.
Really need him.
“I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us!” “For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

(Bill Shankly)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2311 on: October 5, 2017, 01:32:03 pm »

Coutinho doesn't really play at the tip though, he drops deep and left to get on the ball. For me Lallana plays furthest forward because he is the key to triggering the press and at linking the middle three and front three.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2312 on: October 5, 2017, 01:33:11 pm »
That’s a pretty unbalanced front 6 right there. 

It's drawn really weird though. Put Lallana and Coutinho next to each other and Henderson in the middle behind and it looks a bit better.

Lallana covers a lot of ground and presses from the front. Firmino drifts left and right.

Actually think that's the best balanced midfield/front line we can put out.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2313 on: October 5, 2017, 01:35:51 pm »
It's drawn really weird though. Put Lallana and Coutinho next to each other and Henderson in the middle behind and it looks a bit better.

Lallana covers a lot of ground and presses from the front. Firmino drifts left and right.

It's incredibly lightweight though. I could see us playing that line up against the dross but I couldn't see it working against the top 6 or in Europe.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2314 on: October 5, 2017, 01:38:17 pm »
It's incredibly lightweight though. I could see us playing that line up against the dross but I couldn't see it working against the top 6 or in Europe.

Honestly right now adding in Can and Gini doesn't change anything other than we lose our attacking threat. Neither add any tackling to the midfield.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2315 on: October 5, 2017, 01:40:25 pm »
The engine of this midfield, and of our pressing. Will look much better once he's back.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2316 on: October 5, 2017, 02:22:26 pm »

City play Silva and De Bruyne in there and did so against Chelsea. Could argue they have Fernandinho, but it could be done.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2317 on: October 5, 2017, 02:39:12 pm »

I'd be interested to know what our results are with those three playing. Someone surely has this to hand...?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2318 on: October 5, 2017, 03:01:05 pm »

I don’t know, I think asking Lallana to play a more defensive role in the midfield takes away from his strengths.  I really only see Lallana and Coutinho playing together if one of them is in the front 3. 

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2319 on: October 5, 2017, 04:40:14 pm »
I don’t know, I think asking Lallana to play a more defensive role in the midfield takes away from his strengths.  I really only see Lallana and Coutinho playing together if one of them is in the front 3. 

Last season Lallana dropped back to number 6 in a couple of matches (Middlesbrough away and Everton away). It was done out of necessity I think, in order to get some fluency and dynamism into our game. One move started by Lallana from defence ended with a goal (by Lallana actually). It was a little indication of what can be done if you have a player in defensive midfielder who is always looking to break the opponent's first line. Gerrard of course did a similar thing by dropping back after the first 20 minutes in the FA Cup Final against Chelsea when it was obvious that neither Spearing nor Henderson had the ability to impose themselves back there. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.