Author Topic: Draft Towers  (Read 320551 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Draft Towers
« Reply #2960 on: December 31, 2019, 12:39:29 pm »
We have 14, 2 more needed. If anyone wants a partner I'm happy to be the Big Little Sam to your Allerdyce.  :D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2961 on: December 31, 2019, 03:10:53 pm »
To all of yous drafters and your loved ones, I wish you all the very best in the New Year, much happiness,health,strength and success.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2962 on: December 31, 2019, 05:05:57 pm »
well sent out another batch of PM's. Still need 2.  :D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2963 on: December 31, 2019, 05:58:38 pm »
You know I always want to play  ;D  but I don't think I have enough time right now.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2964 on: December 31, 2019, 05:59:42 pm »
So you wanna play? There won't be time limits mate, relaxing new year draft.  :D ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2965 on: December 31, 2019, 06:11:21 pm »
So you wanna play? There won't be time limits mate, relaxing new year draft.  :D ;D

Hmmmmmmm tempting....
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2966 on: December 31, 2019, 06:12:32 pm »
Go on you know the Elite Manager's Draft is calling to you. No Moysie here.  ;D :D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2967 on: December 31, 2019, 06:18:25 pm »
Count me in if there is a spot remaining.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2968 on: December 31, 2019, 06:19:29 pm »
Last spot, I know Betts want's in.

If more turn up after this, I'm happy to team up.  :wave

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2969 on: December 31, 2019, 06:26:31 pm »
Respectfully declining, Samie. Work doesn’t allow it unfortunately.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2970 on: December 31, 2019, 06:27:05 pm »
Sure, put me down  ;D  I don't mind stepping aside if someone else wants in though.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2971 on: January 1, 2020, 08:57:26 pm »
Remind me NEVER to organise a draft again lads. I'll just stick to chatting shit in them as I always do.  :D ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2972 on: January 1, 2020, 09:14:35 pm »
Honestly, I'm sorry I wasted everyones time and hindsight and all that bullshit this was the wrong time to do it. Especially me doing the organising for fuck sakes. I can barely tie my own shoelaces. It's my fault for doing it at a shitty time of the year. People are busy, have family they ain't gonna want to be here doing drafts. Especially not someone like me running it.

« Last Edit: January 1, 2020, 09:23:20 pm by Samie »

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #2973 on: January 1, 2020, 10:46:12 pm »
Honestly, I'm sorry I wasted everyones time and hindsight and all that bullshit this was the wrong time to do it. Especially me doing the organising for fuck sakes. I can barely tie my own shoelaces. It's my fault for doing it at a shitty time of the year. People are busy, have family they ain't gonna want to be here doing drafts. Especially not someone like me running it.

Not on you at all mate. 

Impressed with your idea and how quickly it filled up... the criticisms received are short lived

We'll be kickin' it old school soon enough.

You'll Never Draft Alone
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2974 on: January 1, 2020, 11:37:29 pm »

No need to apologise man!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2975 on: January 1, 2020, 11:42:33 pm »
Thanks for the PM's lads but I'm not stopping doing drafts or chatting shit in them. Just never allow me to run one.  ;D :D :wave

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2976 on: January 2, 2020, 12:01:34 am »
I'm up for the 80's draft Betts and the rest wanted to do.   ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2977 on: January 2, 2020, 12:22:28 am »
Thanks for the PM's lads but I'm not stopping doing drafts or chatting shit in them. Just never allow me to run one.  ;D :D :wave

You did fine... It was not you... it was us  drafters (and no we are not dating).

Great idea - perfect personality for this shit, and the pains in the arse exceeded the enjoyment - not you lad!  US

If anyone has a draft, we might have the people -- Elzar had a sheep or Betts with the decade drafts would be good -- start the new year off right!
« Last Edit: January 2, 2020, 12:27:24 am by Trifleisfestivity »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #2978 on: January 2, 2020, 12:56:55 am »

This all sounds extremely accurate.   :-*
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2979 on: January 2, 2020, 08:40:39 am »
Not doing that draft then? That's a shame as I was looking forward to building a team around Cruyff.

Thought it was a good idea for a draft and the right way to run it, with more lenient times for picking given the time of year, but oh well.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2980 on: January 2, 2020, 09:02:11 am »
maybe if you had given it another 24 hours... never mind, i thought it was a great idea too

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2981 on: January 2, 2020, 09:30:46 am »
This all sounds extremely accurate.   :-*

Fuck off you fucker! The ladyboys are on a break this time of the year or what? Spending more time on RAWK than the street's.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2982 on: January 2, 2020, 09:32:40 am »
Give it a week or so lads, Betty has got the 80's draft planned.  :wave

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2983 on: January 2, 2020, 10:13:26 am »
maybe if you had given it another 24 hours... never mind, i thought it was a great idea too

Yup

I think basically what happened is Samie bottled it and didn’t want the extra work of running it, so took the first opportunity to call it off.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2984 on: January 2, 2020, 11:00:38 am »
The idea was great, maybe the only issue was timing.

Samie, don't put this on you, don the armband, put up the next draft sometime and most of us will be in.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2985 on: January 2, 2020, 01:41:06 pm »
Fuck that, Samie its all your fault.

:D

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2986 on: January 2, 2020, 03:05:08 pm »
Fuck that, Samie its all your fault.

:D

;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2987 on: January 2, 2020, 03:46:27 pm »
So is it cancelled? I didn’t want to do it anyway but fucks sake Samie.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2988 on: January 2, 2020, 06:18:17 pm »
I nearly got banned, Samie, FFS, John C only let me stay cos I told him I was in your draft after you were pestering me. You gotta keep it goin or I'm gettin a month's lie down, mate  :wanker
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2989 on: January 2, 2020, 11:44:08 pm »
I nearly got banned, Samie, FFS, John C only let me stay cos I told him I was in your draft after you were pestering me. You gotta keep it goin or I'm gettin a month's lie down, mate  :wanker

Hey folks, lets take one for the team here... Start a new draft tomorrow?  Someone here want to run it -- for Samie and have him draft though as the 16th pick - so we can ridicule him properly

Sign in Here:  ECL Manager Redux: Part Deux Operation Viva Reckoning Newbie

Trend
Viva
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2990 on: January 2, 2020, 11:58:56 pm »
Hey folks, lets take one for the team here... Start a new draft tomorrow?  Someone here want to run it -- for Samie and have him draft though as the 16th pick - so we can ridicule him properly

Trend
Viva

:)
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #2991 on: January 3, 2020, 10:11:09 am »

Trend
Viva

Nah let him walk the plank!  :lmao

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2992 on: January 4, 2020, 11:11:04 pm »
Someone hurry up and do something or I'll do my CM 03/04 Linudden rip off draft.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2993 on: January 7, 2020, 11:34:00 pm »
Anyone up for a January draft of any kind? 

Sheep draft? or Something?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2994 on: January 7, 2020, 11:46:00 pm »
Fucks sake, Betty said he'd get the 80's draft going sometime in the next couple of weeks. Give the french fairy time to finish all his wine.  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2995 on: January 9, 2020, 03:34:11 pm »
Have been watching videos on Romario all morning --- this dude, even with all the props he did get, is so undervalued.... 

Almost all of his goals are in the run of play, running at defenders, doing goalkeepers and combining....  not padded by pens or a one-trick pony type of goal.

He had it all, rocket right foot, technical dribbling, clever combination play, chips, flicks and hip queso for defenders --- and he worked hard off the ball.

Multiple clubs, multiple environments on several continents --- his size, pace, and technical ability.

Top 3 players in terms of overall skill with the ball for me are:  Messi, Best, Romario....  what do you lads think?  No Redondo reposts...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2996 on: January 9, 2020, 03:37:52 pm »
Iz you blind fam?  :o  Ronaldinho is the answer, the question and the riddle.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2997 on: January 9, 2020, 03:59:41 pm »
Iz you blind fam?  :o  Ronaldinho is the answer, the question and the riddle.

Love him as well... too many drafts though where his value was downgraded as he had a drop off in form --  true dat though Samie - did they ever play together?

How about a draft where Assists are the determining factor?  Each position --  btw who is the world's best assist maker?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2998 on: January 9, 2020, 04:32:49 pm »
Nope, Dino came onto the scene in 98/99? Something like that. Romario was a grandad by then in footballing years ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2999 on: January 10, 2020, 02:19:30 pm »
Love him as well... too many drafts though where his value was downgraded as he had a drop off in form --  true dat though Samie - did they ever play together?

How about a draft where Assists are the determining factor?  Each position --  btw who is the world's best assist maker?

Messi.