Author Topic: The referee watch thread.  (Read 30825 times)

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
Kinell Ref !
« Reply #80 on: January 9, 2017, 07:00:49 pm »
The premier league referees.
Give me your opinions on the following.

1, Who is the best ?
2  Who is the worst ?
3  Who do you like because he seems to favour us ?
4  Who do you hate because they seem to give everything against us ?

1 Oliver
2 Friend
3 Clattenburg. That derby when Dirk scored two pens and they ended with 9 men.
4 Is that Prick Mason still around ? If not then Friend.
« Last Edit: January 9, 2017, 07:38:51 pm by Anfield Kopite »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: Kinell Ref !
« Reply #81 on: January 9, 2017, 07:30:34 pm »
1. Mark Clattenburg
2. Kevin Friend / Anthony Taylor
3. Michael Oliver
4. Anthony Taylor
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 9, 2017, 07:33:49 pm »
1. Mark Clattenburg
2. Kevin Friend / Anthony Taylor
3. Michael Oliver
4. Anthony Taylor
I think you might like who is in charge at Old Trafford on Sunday then :)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #83 on: January 9, 2017, 07:34:06 pm »
1, Who is the best ? Michael Oliver

2  Who is the worst ? Mike Dean

3  Who do you like because he seems to favour us ? Mark Clattenburg

4  Who do you hate because they seem to give everything against us ? Martin Atkinson
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #84 on: January 9, 2017, 07:35:50 pm »
Best - dunno
Worst - Lee Mason
Favours us - Clattsy
Hates us - Lee Mason,  Kevin Friend

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #85 on: January 9, 2017, 07:40:14 pm »
1, Who is the best ? Mark Clattenburg

2  Who is the worst ? Lee Mason

3  Who do you like because he seems to favour us ?  Mark Clattenburg

4  Who do you hate because they seem to give everything against us ?  Anthony Taylor
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #86 on: January 9, 2017, 07:58:03 pm »
I think you might like who is in charge at Old Trafford on Sunday then :)

Ive just looked.  It could be worse.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 9, 2017, 08:08:10 pm »
1. Clattenberg
2. Lee Mason.
3. Clattenberg.
4. Lee Mason. Used to be Howard Webb who was much worse
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #88 on: January 9, 2017, 10:05:22 pm »
Used to be Howard Webb who was much worse

Not as bad as Steve Bennett

He gave some god awful decisions against us over the years

Mascherano's sending off at Old Trafford is one that immediately springs to mind
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 9, 2017, 10:08:50 pm »
Oliver
Friend
Clattenburg
Mason
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline TheMissionary

• PositionIsSoooooooOrdinary!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's nice, that's McDermott, and that's a goal!!
« Reply #90 on: January 9, 2017, 10:36:41 pm »
1, Who is the best ?  Clattenburg

2  Who is the worst ?  John Moss, no, Kevin Friend, no wait, Mike Dean, no hang on, Lee Mason, or maybe Anthony Taylor.   oh bollocks to it, they're all shite.

3  Who do you like because he seems to favour us ?  Andre Marriner

4  Who do you hate because they seem to give everything against us?  I refer the honourable gentlemen to the answer to question 2

TheMissionary
YNWA

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #91 on: January 9, 2017, 10:51:50 pm »
1, Who is the best ? Clattenburg and Oliver

2  Who is the worst ? Bobby Madley - absolutely no contest. Anthony Taylor and Lee Mason are dishonourable mentions.

3  Who do you like because he seems to favour us ? Mark Clattenburg or Michael Oliver. I don't think they favour us. I think the difference is that the pair of them are actually fucking competent.

4  Who do you hate because they seem to give everything against us ? Madley, Anthony Taylor, Lee Mason, Craig Pawson

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The referee watch thread.
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2017, 09:29:02 am »
No mention of Mike Jonest being the worst? That guy is atrocious!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2017, 11:42:39 am »
I read that 5 of Mike Dean's last 6 red cards have been rescinded. That's pretty poor.

1 Who is the best ?

Struggling a bit here. No-one really pops out, but I will go with Michael Oliver. Maybe Clattenburg, but it feels like he's letting success go to his head. Now watch Oliver fuck us over un Sunday just because i chose him.

2  Who is the worst ?

Struggling here too, but not because I'm spoilt for choice. Mike Jones, who I think severly lacks authority on the pitch and often looks swayed by players and/or the spectators, Lee Mason, Friend, Moss, Anthony Taylor, Swarbrick...I could go on.

3  Who do you like because he seems to favour us ?

Dunno.

4  Who do you hate because they seem to give everything against us ?

Hate is the wrong word, but Anthony Taylor gets on my nerves. Wasn't he the one that gave Sunderland the free-kick leading to a penalty?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #94 on: January 16, 2017, 08:03:39 am »

1 Who is the best ?

Now watch Oliver fuck us over un Sunday just because i chose him.

I was right, wasn't I. Yeah he awarded us a blatant penalty, but chickened out after that. Pogba should've been off, as should Rooney. Coward.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2017, 08:12:37 am »
I was right, wasn't I. Yeah he awarded us a blatant penalty, but chickened out after that. Pogba should've been off, as should Rooney. Coward.

Honestly I thought those were two yellows. Not picking up the foul by Pogba obviously led to that free kick right from the edge of the box, so it definitely could've been a costlier mistake. The offside was not his responsibility.

Not a good performance by any stretch, but unfortunately we've seen way worse stuff favouring the Mancs over the years, especially in matches they desperately needed to win.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2017, 09:33:49 am »
Not as bad as Steve Bennett

He gave some god awful decisions against us over the years

Mascherano's sending off at Old Trafford is one that immediately springs to mind

Also sending off Xabi Alonso at Arsenal. Alonso clearly slipped and fell into the Arsenal player no intent to even put a tackle in, just a purely accidental collision. No reaction from any Arsenal player, Bennett was looking in the opposite direction, heard a few rumblings from the crowd, turned to see Alonso and the Arsenal player in a bit of a heap, decided that he knew what had happened despite clearly not seeing it. Gave Xabi a 2nd yellow for a late tackle. Everyone just looked at him like he was an idiot.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2017, 09:22:53 pm »
Also sending off Xabi Alonso at Arsenal. Alonso clearly slipped and fell into the Arsenal player no intent to even put a tackle in, just a purely accidental collision. No reaction from any Arsenal player, Bennett was looking in the opposite direction, heard a few rumblings from the crowd, turned to see Alonso and the Arsenal player in a bit of a heap, decided that he knew what had happened despite clearly not seeing it. Gave Xabi a 2nd yellow for a late tackle. Everyone just looked at him like he was an idiot.

I remember that.
Made even more annoying because it was two yellows rather than a straight red, so couldn't even appeal it.

Online Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2017, 09:49:22 pm »
Mike Riley was an horrific ref, would give the Mancs soft penalties as soon as Van Nistelrooy went to ground, remember him sending Hyypia off after 4 minutes at OT one match.

Jeff Winter was another one who liked to see his name up in lights, awful ref, although he was the Ref in the Derby when Gary Mac scored that free kick with the last kick of the match. ;)

Mike Dean top off the current awful list, the amount of red cards he's handed only to be overturned has been ridiculous.

I do like mentioning Clive Thomas, only too see the extra fewm coming from the Bitters. ;D

Most of them now are meh
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2017, 09:53:55 pm »
Speaking of Jeff winter,  he was a humble man!...

“in the end I played a few extra minutes , waiting untill play was at the kop end before sounding the final shrill blast , a bit like the last post , the fans behind the goal burst in to spontaneous applause it was longer and louder than normal even for a big home win , DID THEY KNOW IT WAS MY FINAL VISIT , WAS THE APPLAUSE FOR ME , they are such knowledgeable football people that it would not surprise me”

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2017, 09:12:35 pm »
Mike Dean demoted to the Championship following criticism of referee's recent performances

Online Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2017, 09:54:11 pm »
Mike Dean demoted to the Championship following criticism of referee's recent performances

What have the Championship done to deserve him, should be dropped altogether, like players get dropped for poor performances?
#Sausages

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #102 on: January 17, 2017, 10:16:46 pm »

Looks like chief Mike Riley has finally decided to do something after poor performances by many of his team in the PL this season.

There's no doubt there has been a drop in the standard and things need to improve.

I read a recent article by former chief Keith Hackett in which he listed many faults in how the current crop of refs are managed by Riley. It seems there are no assessors at the matches any more as Riley prefers to rely on a raft of stats produced after each game. The fortnightly video review sessions have also been binned.

He goes on to criticise Riley for not refreshing the group of ex referees who help in training and deciding which of the refs should be promoted or demoted from the select groups they are in.

https://you-are-the-ref.com/hacketts-verdict-premier-league-break-cover-tackle-poor-officiating/

My own view is that the huge money TV is paying for matches now appears to put pressure on refs to not issue cards for fear of a 10 v 11 especially in the big screened games. Rarely are cards brandished in the first 20 minutes which players and managers are aware of.

Players are getting away with challenges that would normally get a card of some colour. Just what Riley has asked for in game management is anyone's guess but I wonder why players are given a talking to over a tackle early in a game. Then another player guilty of a similar tackle later in the game gets a yellow card. Less time left for another yellow maybe?

We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #103 on: January 17, 2017, 10:46:50 pm »
Alan Wiley was the best. Got regular dog's abuse from the drunken govern tramp, so must have been doing something right.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline andyrol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • might bring you boys a rabbit up in the week
« Reply #104 on: January 18, 2017, 07:29:16 am »
jon moss is by far the worst ref in Europe. mason, friend, taylor, dean are just below him in the shit-ness league.  we don't seem to get favourable decisions by any ref on a consistent basis, if I really had to, I guess clattenburg is the best. andre mariner can be good ,but like Michael oliver, if he makes a mistake ( or thinks he has ) he goes to pieces.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2017, 08:01:39 am »
Best: Clattenburg, Oliver

Worst: Mason, Dean
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2017, 04:11:32 pm »
jon moss is by far the worst ref in Europe. mason, friend, taylor, dean are just below him in the shit-ness league.  we don't seem to get favourable decisions by any ref on a consistent basis, if I really had to, I guess clattenburg is the best. andre mariner can be good ,but like Michael oliver, if he makes a mistake ( or thinks he has ) he goes to pieces.

Yep Andy, no doubt we will chat about this on Wednesday night.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2017, 04:21:28 pm »
There has been some really piss poor officiating this season. It's like they all read from a different rule book.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2017, 04:22:14 pm »
It's completely out of control right now but nothing will be done until the media make a proper issue of it. Not just saying "that was a bad decision" on match of the day.

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: January 22, 2017, 04:23:28 pm »
They're ruining the game. Just bring in video tech for most of the decisions, it's absolutely ridiculous.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 22, 2017, 07:21:57 pm »
It's completely out of control right now but nothing will be done until the media make a proper issue of it. Not just saying "that was a bad decision" on match of the day.

The media love it as it is though. It provides drama and controversy and it allows their pundits to fill the time making obvious points which masks the fact that they have no tactical nous and aren't really qualified to talk. 

The only time they ever get particularly irate about it is when England get the rough end of a decision. The rest of us usually laugh at that though.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2017, 07:22:57 pm »
They make the sport less enjoyable for us fans that want to see the bigger sides collapse  :no

It happens EVERY week, it's become a real shame.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2017, 07:25:27 pm »
1, Who is the best ?  Clattenburg

2  Who is the worst ?  John Moss, no, Kevin Friend, no wait, Mike Dean, no hang on, Lee Mason, or maybe Anthony Taylor.   oh bollocks to it, they're all shite.

3  Who do you like because he seems to favour us ?  Andre Marriner

4  Who do you hate because they seem to give everything against us?  I refer the honourable gentlemen to the answer to question 2

Quality answer lol.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2017, 07:27:51 pm »

... The only time they ever get particularly irate about it is when England get the rough end of a decision. The rest of us usually laugh at that though.

Spot on. They were spitting poison over the disallowed Lampard goal v Germany in SA.

The disallowed Spuds goal at Old Trafford was just laughed at.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2017, 02:32:03 pm »
Can we have a linesman thread? Dear god. Utterly, utterly horrific. That one in the second half he was about two yards off!

*disclaimer for the dickheads, I'm not saying this is an excuse for our performance, we were shit*. These guys are a serious worry and really need sorting out. Maybe one day we'll get an "honest mistake" in our favour.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2017, 03:09:43 pm »
Howard Webb saying about the spotlight on the refs recently. Maybe because they are so fucking bad Howard, you utter fucking wanker
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2017, 04:24:32 pm »
Pawson and team today utterly weak.

Do i need to say anything about the first goal?

So many offsides not given, that jail break in the second was so offside yet the lino did nothing,  commentators trying to excuse him for letting play run. That's not the rule!  Pawson might have been letting pkay run today,  but fouks are still fouls and yellow cards are still relevant for bad or persistent fouling.

We've been shit lately, but we are getting kicked in the balls when we are down by shoddy,  weak and inept officials. I've no answer for why it's happening, the opposition fall over they get a foul, they leave tge boot in...no punishment. Why are we not getting our share of the  fouls in our favour?  In fact with our amount of attacking possession we shoukd be getting a bigger share.

Do our fans need to be crying out for everything?  Do our players need to be  in the refs ear all game? Do we need to claim for every handball, every push, every throw in, even when we know we are wrong?  Does JK  need to put pressure on visiting officials before the games like scumbag managers do?

We might be playing shit, but we aint getting any breaks from the refs either.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2017, 10:45:21 pm »
Without subscribing to the conspiracy theory.....alright fuck it I will, It's becoming increasingly obvious that we are having really soft free kicks awarded against us in wide areas near to our box; not even subtle now. That the referee and linesman did not even bother to do their job and allowed the Wolves player to move it 12 yards is astounding incompetence. Watch Costa, who took the free kick, hesitate, thinking he would be pulled up on it, then crack on with a look of incredulousness when there was no sanction. Referees know there is a chance for the opposition from this dead ball situation and if they've either got a bet on for the correct minute for a goal or they just fucking hate Liverpool, this is a device they can easily get away with.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2017, 11:40:46 pm »
Without subscribing to the conspiracy theory.....alright fuck it I will, It's becoming increasingly obvious that we are having really soft free kicks awarded against us in wide areas near to our box; not even subtle now. That the referee and linesman did not even bother to do their job and allowed the Wolves player to move it 12 yards is astounding incompetence. Watch Costa, who took the free kick, hesitate, thinking he would be pulled up on it, then crack on with a look of incredulousness when there was no sanction. Referees know there is a chance for the opposition from this dead ball situation and if they've either got a bet on for the correct minute for a goal or they just fucking hate Liverpool, this is a device they can easily get away with.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same