Author Topic: Burnley Football Club  (Read 45971 times)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Re: Burnley Football Club
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2019, 10:14:43 am »
If they get a draw/win tomorrow and we win the league, I’ll shave my beard into a disc beard and dye it ginger.

Win or draw tomorrow and I'll buy a knock off Burnley shirt that I'll  wear during our 2 weeks of Summer. ;D
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2019, 10:31:49 am »
Up the fucking Clarets.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2019, 10:35:20 am »
Up the fucking Clarets.

And hooray for Andy Lochead!

He scored four goals against United you know.

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2019, 10:38:50 am »
Turf Moor sounds like it should be in Game of Thrones - Question is would Burnley be the undead army or the human army of the north?

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2019, 10:56:05 am »
Turf Moor sounds like it should be in Game of Thrones - Question is would Burnley be the undead army or the human army of the north?

They'd deffo be Lannisters the sister fingering meffs

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2019, 02:02:58 pm »
Barnes is our new signing if he scores in a draw or win :lmao :lmao :lmao
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2019, 03:50:10 pm »
its painful to rely on such dross to do us a favor

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2019, 04:02:19 pm »
I no longer like you

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2019, 04:06:44 pm »
Unlucky lads. Fine margins....

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2019, 04:08:10 pm »
Hope they get relegated and we never see them again.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2019, 04:11:03 pm »
Lot of shit coming towards them here

That was the bestbthey could do. Left nothing out there

Lost by an inch
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2019, 04:11:48 pm »
They’re just not very good. Can’t say they didn’t try, just didn’t have the quality to hurt City and wasted what few set pieces they did get.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2019, 04:12:35 pm »

Theon Greyjoy. They are a bit dickless.

Offline M7 Heckler

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2019, 04:13:53 pm »
compare that performance today to the one against us where they ran around breaking our players legs. why not the same approach today?!

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2019, 04:15:17 pm »
compare that performance today to the one against us where they ran around breaking our players legs. why not the same approach today?!

Not fighting for survival that’s why.

Offline Rainbow Laces

• Anny Roader
  • We are the men of Shankly's best
« Reply #95 on: April 28, 2019, 04:16:13 pm »
I'm disappointed mostly by the fact that they didn't give themselves an outball in tough defensive situations. I had envisaged them defending a lot but having the ability to pump a long ball up field to clear that could then be held up by Barnes. If they had done that they could then play for more set pieces by winning fouls, backing in etc. But alas, they seemed to rely most of all on keeping a clean sheet and you just can't do that against this City side because they'll find a way through. Close, but I think slightly wrong tactically in the end. All hopes on you then Leicester!

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #96 on: April 28, 2019, 04:17:50 pm »
Imagine giving Burnley stick for losing to them by a single goal with little but pride to fight for.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: April 28, 2019, 04:24:59 pm »
December and desperate vs April and safe. They did well enough today.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #98 on: April 28, 2019, 04:26:23 pm »
Always liked the plucky little Lancastrians, great set of lads. Sean Dyche and his disc beard are particularly stylish and their brand of football is modern yet old school. I think they're great.

Yeah no the single good thing about the entire area is that Belgian pub in the town centre, other than that it can be razed.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: April 28, 2019, 08:19:54 pm »
Bit predictable in the end, but if the player had an ounce of common sense and cleared it with any part of his body other than his his feet, then that's no goal.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2019, 08:54:56 pm »
Better than Manchester United.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2019, 08:58:23 pm »
Fuck off, you racist, Brexit voting gang of c*nts.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: April 28, 2019, 09:53:29 pm »
Imagine giving Burnley stick for losing to them by a single goal with little but pride to fight for.

c*nts. Get fucked and never come back you twats.

There: imagined it for you.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rather get relegated than watch this every week - mid table survival boredom
« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2019, 09:23:27 am »
Fella at work is a Burnley fan, used to go every week and was a STH. Due to ill health he can't go much anymore, but went v Newcastle. Described it as one of the wrost games of fottball he has ever seen. He was chatting with all his match going mates, all STH's, home and away travellers. Every one of them said they would rather get relegated and at least have the excitement of a battle for promotion, than have no ambition to do any better than just grind out results with nothing more than the aim of making the club money.

We've been dining at the top table my entire life (53 years now), but if we were a club like Burnley, would you prefer want the same as these lads?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rather get relegated than watch this every week - mid table survival boredom
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2019, 09:25:54 am »
Often say relegation is not always a bad thing for a club

Winning is winning regardless of the level you’re at so better to be top of championship than bottom of prem from a fans point of view

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Rather get relegated than watch this every week - mid table survival boredom
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2019, 09:39:17 am »
It's probably a bit of fun if you're a yo-yo club either chasing a promotion or fighting relegation but one wrong move by the chairman and you can find yourself in League One like Bolton or Sunderland with huge financial problems.   
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2019, 10:18:05 am »
This is at the heart of why I would back a wage capped league - or one with restrictions on spending for each club in the league. As it stands, we have a mostly inflexible top rung of the table, with Arsenal and Man U falling a few places due to mismanagement over many years. Then we have everyone else whose best form of excitement is supposedly suffering relegation in order to maybe get a promotion battle - but realistically, maybe getting the europa league. Isn't that just fucking depressing?

It's a bad system which rewards money first, before management and quality of choices made. How many managers who achieve with smaller clubs in the premier league are then shut out of the big jobs? There are exceptions that prove the rule (Rodgers, Moyes and Hughes over the space of a decade, I think?) but overall, managers in the lower rungs of the premier league are on a hiding to nothing - they can't get a big club because they can't get the prestige that those clubs look for in managers - and that comes back to a self sustaining system where managers at big clubs have a much better chance of gaining that prestige.

It would be a better and more exciting league if there were a more level playing field in the money that a club could spend, rather then the money oriented system we have now, which barring the occasional blip (Leicester, Tottenham) favours the top clubs and preys on the rest.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2019, 10:23:43 am »
It does seem to be a thing, look at how despised Pulis became at Stoke despite leading them to eighth every year, and outwardly it looking like as good as things could get for them.  Bit surprised to hear Burnley are at that point already though.

I wonder if the deeper thing that’s going on is that fans come to consider football as an alternative inner life, and you need a sense of progress in your life else you succumb to existential despair?  Tearing the whole thing down might be better than another year of the same.  Arsenal under Wenger, even; not that things seem much better there at the moment but at least they can legitimately get angry now.

I’m sure I’ve heard guys talk about our 80s title wins with a sense of ennui.  I suppose we’ve been spoiled with a thirty-year quest to get back there, to look on the bright side.  There’s certainly been things happening along the way.

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2019, 10:35:50 am »
These sorts of fans need to be careful what they wish for. Wasn't so long ago that the likes of Charlton felt the same, sacked Curbishley as they thought they could do better, and look where they are now.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2019, 10:41:26 am »
Never understand why those teams end up fielding weak sides in the cups. Breaks up the monotony and you have the target of a trip to Wembley to aim for. Maybe even a few trips in the Europa league.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2019, 11:02:43 am »

I feel this way when playing Championship Manager, but in real life, I don't think I would prefer it if I was a fan of one of those making up the numbers clubs

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2019, 11:05:41 am »
Never understand why those teams end up fielding weak sides in the cups. Breaks up the monotony and you have the target of a trip to Wembley to aim for. Maybe even a few trips in the Europa league.

Doesn't make sense. Especially league cup

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2019, 11:09:42 am »
These sorts of fans need to be careful what they wish for. Wasn't so long ago that the likes of Charlton felt the same, sacked Curbishley as they thought they could do better, and look where they are now.

These lads though have all lived through the division 2 and Championship days. They are paying a lot of money to basically watch shite. There isn't even the hope of Europe as they know they will not give that the effort it requires as the focus in on staying in the PL. They are basically falling out of love with football as all the enjoyment for them has gone.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2019, 11:11:06 am »
100%.

Can’t think of anything more boring than year after year of the same, especially when a lot of these sides don’t even bother trying in the cups.

Burnley didn’t even give the Europa League a proper go.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2019, 11:11:36 am »
Doesn't make sense. Especially league cup

To play Devil’s advocate. Would you rather your side chucked the cups but battled to safety or did a Birmingham a few years back and win the League Cup and get relegated.

Obviously you lose all the money that comes with being in the top flight but you have a trophy against your name that will be there forever. I wonder how many Birmingham fans would have chosen staying up over winning a cup. Personal view is I’d rather do what they did but that’s easy for me to say when relegation is an unrealistic prospect for us (as long as Hodgson stays away).

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2019, 11:12:31 am »
As a 'spoiled' matchgoer of the best side in the world, I do sometimes wonder if the home and away following for mid-table PL sides doesn't pine for the FL days of guaranteed 3pms, put in months in advance, with no bunfight for tickets.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2019, 11:18:57 am »
Fella at work is a Burnley fan, used to go every week and was a STH. Due to ill health he can't go much anymore, but went v Newcastle. Described it as one of the wrost games of fottball he has ever seen. He was chatting with all his match going mates, all STH's, home and away travellers. Every one of them said they would rather get relegated and at least have the excitement of a battle for promotion, than have no ambition to do any better than just grind out results with nothing more than the aim of making the club money.

We've been dining at the top table my entire life (53 years now), but if we were a club like Burnley, would you prefer want the same as these lads?

Don't think many would be able to handle the mid table grind. Would rather have some excitement or disappointment.

I wonder if the deeper thing that’s going on is that fans come to consider football as an alternative inner life, and you need a sense of progress in your life else you succumb to existential despair?  Tearing the whole thing down might be better than another year of the same.
This is true for me, as I am sure it is for many. Now that I think about it, thats not a very good way of living life.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2019, 11:30:54 am »
To play Devil’s advocate. Would you rather your side chucked the cups but battled to safety or did a Birmingham a few years back and win the League Cup and get relegated.

Obviously you lose all the money that comes with being in the top flight but you have a trophy against your name that will be there forever. I wonder how many Birmingham fans would have chosen staying up over winning a cup. Personal view is I’d rather do what they did but that’s easy for me to say when relegation is an unrealistic prospect for us (as long as Hodgson stays away).

Both prospects are unappealing, but would rather chuck the cups and battle to safety.

Escape relegation and everyone would be buzzing, and probably would not be too disappointed with the lack of a cup. But winning a cup and getting relegated would be more bitter than sweet personally.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2019, 11:45:00 am »

Their number one goal is survival and they can't have it threatened. Even Newcastle have pretty much not bothered with the cups. As others have said, it doesn't take much for it all to fall to pieces. Look at how things have unravelled for "established" PL clubs that were comfortably midtable (or better) for several seasons, only to end up seeing things rapidly fall to pieces: Nottingham Forest, Bolton, Stoke, Leeds, Sheff Wed, Coventry, Sunderland, Charlton etc.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2019, 11:45:30 am »
As a 'spoiled' matchgoer of the best side in the world, I do sometimes wonder if the home and away following for mid-table PL sides doesn't pine for the FL days of guaranteed 3pms, put in months in advance, with no bunfight for tickets.

Living where I do now I struggle to get to many of our games. Taken my son twice and he’s mad into us which is great but have also taken him to see Brentford a handful of times in the last season and a half. Can buy tickets on the week of the game, generally never sell out, almost always a Saturday 3pm or midweek 7.45 kick off. Decent standard of football without the gut wrench you get when watching us. Has a certain charm to it.

Bit off topic but they’re kind of the opposite of this. Not sure promotion would be good for them. They’re probably better off in the upper half of the Championship winning a decent number of games. Promotion when not fully equipped to deal with it could cause more long term damage.