Jim Beglin
Ian Darke
Seb Hutchinson
Karen Carney
Alan Parry
David Coulthard
Mark Webber
Ian Wright-late option

Author Topic: Who is the best pundit? 2021 edition  (Read 1047265 times)

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Ste Warnock on 5 Live last night alleging that 'sections of our crowd' wanted Klopp out at one point was pretty fucking annoying. I have a feeling he's gonna be his generation's Danny Murphy with a Rafa-shaped chip on his shoulder.

This really pisses me off - all the shite pundits have to resort to hyperbole and false narratives. As I've said in previous posts, the football discourse in this country is appalling.

Even last night, Darren Fletcher the lead commentator sounded as if he was commentating a funeral when Salah scored his. All they want is drama and when they don't get it - ala last night when we killed the game stone dead with our first goal, they're disappointed because it spoils the potential narrative of a classic comeback.

The smarter pundits would have marvelled at Liverpool getting back in the game and a tactical masterclass from Klopp, but hey, we live in England with the thickest bunch of 'experts' imaginable. It's no wonder why all the coaches are neanderthal - we live in a completely regressive, anti-intellectual environment when it comes to football. Heck, it sums up the entire country considering that joke of a parliament and every politician and member of public who is for Brexit.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Ste Warnock on 5 Live last night alleging that 'sections of our crowd' wanted Klopp out at one point was pretty fucking annoying. I have a feeling he's gonna be his generation's Danny Murphy with a Rafa-shaped chip on his shoulder.

Ah, that's a real shame to hear, I love him on The Anfield Wrap's Pro View shows.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
McManaman has been doing my head in lately. Hates Karius and doesn't even try to hide it.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Fuck me, Jermaine Jenas has now been elevated to presenting the Premier League Show. :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Peter Drury did the Roma v Barca game, and “excelled” himself.

Which is to say the levels of hysteria were, even by his standards, off the scale.

He’s such a pillock; right up there with Motson and Tyler.

Peter Drury is a fantastic commentator, not sure how the Tyler shout makes any sense. Unless we live in a world where every game is United vs United.
:D

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
I agree, I'm a fan of Peter Drury. And slightly more controversially, I also like Clive Tyldsley.

Ian Darke and Darren Fletcher do nothing for me though, they both bore me. And Martin Tyler is a pillock for obvious reasons.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
I agree, I'm a fan of Peter Drury. And slightly more controversially, I also like Clive Tyldsley.

Ian Darke and Darren Fletcher do nothing for me though, they both bore me. And Martin Tyler is a pillock for obvious reasons.

Fletcher is a good chat host but an absolutely dire commentator. I don't think he pays attention to games, he's just constantly talking rubbish. In our game the other night for example he said it was our first corner when it was our second (the first must have only been five minutes prior). Hardly a cardinal sin I know, but just a small example of him clearly not paying attention.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 10:46:56 am by LallanaInPyjamas »

Offline chalky52

• Main Stander
Used  to enjoy Ian Darke doing the Boxing thought he was the best since Reg Gutteridge but he ruins any game for me always looking for the drama or "story" rather than concentrate on the game. I wonder if this is how BT are produced as seems to be a trait. AS for Tyldsley you should play a drinking game on how many times he mentions "balmy night in Barcelona" would be hammered lol

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
Check out some of the POTY nomination shouts from the Beeb's lot. Doucoure, Lingard, Pope, Arnautovic  ???
AHA!

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Check out some of the POTY nomination shouts from the Beeb's lot. Doucoure, Lingard, Pope, Arnautovic  ???

To be fair to them they were asked for a short list of 6 players each.  Lets be honest they all voted for either Mo or KDB.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
McManaman has been doing my head in lately. Hates Karius and doesn't even try to hide it.

Yep, sick fed up of his passive aggressive, snide comments towards Karius.

McManaman only ever jumps on the bandwagon as to what is the prevailing trend. Get the memo pal, along with your equally ignorant so called football pundits, Karius has been playing decently since the turn of the year.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Yep, sick fed up of his passive aggressive, snide comments towards Karius.

McManaman only ever jumps on the bandwagon as to what is the prevailing trend. Get the memo pal, along with your equally ignorant so called football pundits, Karius has been playing decently since the turn of the year.
McManaman has no footballing intelligence whatsoever. Doesn't read the tactics, how the game plays out, doesn't pay any attention to any kind of stats and facts and just gives snide, condescending remarks and makes some odd noises every now and then.

Proper greasy salesman kind of guy. Definitely stinks of Brut.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
From Garth's team of the week

Mohamed Salah: You can't score your 40th goal of the season and not make my team of the week.

Besides, it would be ludicrous not to recognise arguably the best footballer in the league the week before Salah goes head to head with De Bruyne at the PFA awards dinner. I will be there of course and the first on my feet to applaud the eventual winner. My money is on Salah.

------------------

I very much doubt it Garth, I'd be surprised if you could even get out of your seat

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
Let's delve further into the mind of Garth Crooks:

"And as for the transformation in Raheem Sterling - if Guardiola can teach the lad to finish, he could be the best player in the world."

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
you all still seem to read him though.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Mohamed Salah: You can't score your 40th goal of the season and not make my team of the week.

Besides, it would be ludicrous not to recognise arguably the best footballer in the league the week before Salah goes head to head with De Bruyne at the PFA awards dinner. I will be there of course and the first on my feet to applaud the eventual winner. My money is on Salah.

------------------

I very much doubt it Garth, I'd be surprised if you could even get out of your seat
Girth is going head to head with both of them at the annual PFA all-you-can-eat Buffet, and I know who my money's on.
And after that he's off to the Nettle-Eating Championships.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne

Besides, it would be ludicrous not to recognise arguably the best footballer in the league the week before Salah goes head to head with De Bruyne at the PFA awards dinner. I will be there of after my 12th course and the first on my feet to applaud the eventual winner. My money is on Salah.

------------------

Fixed that for you, mate
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
This week Garth Crooks managed to have three separate pops at Klopp. One in each of his reviews of Salah, Ings and Rondon.

Jurgen must have shat on his doorstep, pissed in his cornflakes and slept with his wife for the hatred Garth Crooks has towards him!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
John Virgo "there is a red over the pocket if he misses he lets the other player in", no shit John!

Jeez he is annoying like many snooker commentators lacks that art of just speaking when he needs to, and assumes all the viewers know nothing about the game.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Peter Drury is a fantastic commentator, not sure how the Tyler shout makes any sense. Unless we live in a world where every game is United vs United.

Peter Drury in my opinion is a poor commentator because he uses ridiculous hyperbole and becomes hysterical.

Tyler in my opinion is a pillock.

Opinions see. What this thread’s supposed to be for.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
This week Garth Crooks managed to have three separate pops at Klopp. One in each of his reviews of Salah, Ings and Rondon.

Jürgen must have shat on his doorstep, pissed in his cornflakes and slept with his wife for the hatred Garth Crooks has towards him!

His vendetta against Klopp is truly bizarre.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Peter Drury in my opinion is a poor commentator because he uses ridiculous hyperbole and becomes hysterical.

Tyler in my opinion is a pillock.

Opinions see. What this thread’s supposed to be for.
And in my opinion to bundle him with Tyler is bizarre, you even alluded to the reasons yourself. Tyler is a dull meff while Drury is hyperbole in the extreme.

Maybe they're both pillocks, but very different brands of such. ;D
« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 09:05:15 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
And in my opinion to bundle him with Tyler is bizarre, you even alluded to the reasons yourself. Tyler is a dull meff while Drury is hyperbole in the extreme.

Maybe they're both pillocks, but very different brands of such. ;D

Well I never claimed they were similar - only that they were pillocks (Motson too, for different reasons again).

I accept entirely that Drury is a football fan’s Marmite.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
Drury is very good - not sure why he's not more prominent as a commentator.

As for many of the others, to me it's increasingly become background noise. I used to consume it all and get irate about these mediocre voices but it's become less of a part of my football diet. I much prefer things like TAW and others podcasts to get my fix these days. Firstly the contributors are often a lot better informed but also they have much more time to give their opinions so have the opportunity to be considered and reflective rather than spitting out the first cliché that pops into their head.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We should have one of these for journalists. If you fancy a chuckle, look through Duncan Castles' Twitter feed from during our game :lmao

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
We should have one of these for journalists. If you fancy a chuckle, look through Duncan Castles' Twitter feed from during our game :lmao
Christ he's terrible. My vote might go to another of Mourinho's anal fluffers though, that gibbering lunatic Neil Custis. He's another who doesn't make any attempt to hide his pro-Utd bias. Was watching the Sunday Supplement (yeah, I know it's terrible, but occasional interesting points are made) a couple of weeks back and he was awful, so awful that the other journos were pretty much taking the piss out of him to his face.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watching the highlights of the Arsenal game this morning, Robbie Savage just after half time, constantly repeating that 0-0 was the worst possible result for Arsenal. So what is the 1-1 then dickhead?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
Watching the highlights of the Arsenal game this morning, Robbie Savage just after half time, constantly repeating that 0-0 was the worst possible result for Arsenal. So what is the 1-1 then dickhead?

He's not very articulate. He had the other commentator confused as well. I think, from his explanation, he meant that as Madrid had a man sent off Arsenal should make sure that the worst result they could get was 0-0. He was basically saying they've to keep their concentration and make sure they don't concede.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Garth Crooks

“He has been so good at what he does I’ve almost run out of things to say about this player,” Crooks said.

“N’Golo Kante was back to his masterful self against the Champions League finalists.

“If there was an interception to be made, he made it. However, what I have noticed is the growth in confidence in his overall game. He seldom gives the ball away and his passes always get to where they are intended.

Passing of all central midfielders in that game.
Wijnaldum - 60/60 = 100%
Henderson - 34/37 = 92%
Milner - 85/98 = 87%
Hazard - 33/38 = 87%
Bakayoko - 30/35 = 86%
Trent - 61/81 = 75%
Fabregas - 38/51 = 75%
Kante - 21/29 = 72%

Praises the worst passer of the ball of all the center mids on the pitch for their passing ability. He'll be praising Fellaini for his close control or Kane for his Sportsmanship next.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Why do people still read Garth Crooks team of the week, it's always full of shit it's basically anyone who scores plus De Gea ? :butt
#Sausages

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
Why do people still read Garth Crooks team of the week, it's always full of shit it's basically anyone who scores plus De Gea ? :butt

Never read it in my life. He's a brainless twat.

I saw that quoted in an article jizzing over Hazard and Kante and wanted to dig into the numbers of it because it felt like bullshit. It was.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm throwing Stuart Robson in there. Heard him last night he's bloody awful to listen to he really is.
And theres a fella who does the radio commentary, think its 5 live, he gets hysterical every time the ball goes into the box, cant listen to him either.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan

Because sometimes, just sometimes, his opinions are so hilariously mental that they provide a modicum of entertainment. Case in point:

My favourite is when he tipped West Brom's James Morrison  for England duty, despite him having 23 caps for Scotland.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
A third Neville can be added to the mix. Tracey has topped Brighton to beat us in Lawro’s predictions on the BBC. Good to see she has the same bitter gene as her Brothers.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
A third Neville can be added to the mix. Tracey has topped Brighton to beat us in Lawro’s predictions on the BBC. Good to see she has the same bitter gene as her Brothers.

Aaahhh... But by predicting Newcastle will beat Chelsea 2-1, she seems to have inadvertently predicted Liverpool will finish 4th.

Her brothers will be most disappointed in her.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Aaahhh... But by predicting Newcastle will beat Chelsea 2-1, she seems to have inadvertently predicted Liverpool will finish 4th.

Her brothers will be most disappointed in her.

;D Phil would have done the same  :shite:
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
;D Phil would have done the same  :shite:

Probably. The dumb dickhead. :D

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
For most clueless, it's Garth Crooks.

But the most insufferable has to be that cock-dribble, Danny Mills. He's almost as clueless as Crooks, is vindictive and spiteful and has no discernable charm or charisma. His only qualification is that he once claims to have played football but there's no evidence of that. A total garbage-fire of a man.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

But the most insufferable has to be that cock-dribble, Danny Mills. He's almost as clueless as Crooks, is vindictive and spiteful and has no discernable charm or charisma. His only qualification is that he once claims to have played football but there's no evidence of that. A total garbage-fire of a man.

Danny Mills hates us and he finds it really hard to hide.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu

I always confuse Danny Mills and Ben Thatcher for some reason. Now it's easier to remember because Danny Mills is in "Barry"