Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Your original post fails on the eye test. For the vast majority of the season we’ve looked much better with Núñez in the team. It fails on the stats test too. The post I’ve quoted fails to recognise how big a problem our defence has been to our hopes of getting 90+ points. Game state is a huge deal and when we were hitting high 90 points totals we were the master of it. But now we’re going behind in game after game after game. It’s just not sustainable. Nor is conceding multiple goals in tricky away fixtures and expecting to win games. In short out attack simply wasn’t the problem.

This is part of the stuff we can't measure. If Nunez and co stopped turning the ball over so much, would our defence be better? We have empirical evidence that Alisson, Trent, VVD, Gomez, Robertson can be an elite defence.

Obviously there's other issues there like the midfielders and injuries. But this is essentially what I'm saying - we need to judge the team has a whole sum. Not just individual xG. We know our defence and goalkeeper can be part of an elite defence.

There is no stat we can use to measure this. But if our forwards never ever turned the ball over, you can imagine we'd be better defensively, because the opposition would have less opportunity to break on us. So we can work backwards from that impossible scenario and have a discussion around the team issues. So back to the opportunity cost point, does Nunez gain us or lose us versus someone like Firmino? Individually Nunez wins that battle. But the team might be stronger without him. For the record I don't think we have this theoretical player on our books, so it's impossible for us to judge this with stats. We're comparing the actual, versus a theory.

I fall on the side of the theory here. I think we could be a better team without Nunez, even if the replacement is an individually worse player. I could be wrong, but it doesn't mean it's "stupid shit".
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by DOG-LFC8 on Today at 12:30:01 pm »
Me brother has just brought a credit for himself and it’s letting him go to the forward screen, just don’t wanna buy and then it not let me complete the transaction and then I’d miss out on the credit tomorrow

That's a system error. If he actually tries to proceed with the forwarding to another member it won't work, he will get an error. It will allow him forward it to a new supporter ID's general admission pass but it will then also be stuck there as they won't be able to forward to a member either.
How do pensions etc work in Japan, given that the population is very weighted towards older people and they have much lower birthrates and immigration than Western countries? I feel like this is going to be a real issue in the UK in a few decades - fewer people owning homes that can be sold to fund social care, more people paying private rents into retirement which pensions are less likely to cover, fewer people having children for various reasons, restrictions on people coming into the UK and bringing family members.

I used to work for the defence company that had a japanese division and it was stipulated that any product procured by the japanese government had to be purchased from the uk site but sold in its constituent parts, to allow the company in Japan to put it together to ensure that japanese workers still had 'work' - even down to painting the colour codes on resistors.

That was apropos of nothing and doesn't answer your pension question but interesting (i think) nonetheless.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by fowlermagic on Today at 12:24:52 pm »
Think Jurgen timed his exit perfectly as we still want more from him but he probably knows he needs a wee break from the game as he looks tired these days. He's 57 soon n think he's gonna retire from the game completely in the next five years. A stint as a national manager might be the next chapter for him. Hats off to the man for a lovely decade as it went too quick, like everything good in life.
« Last post by ChaChaMooMoo on Today at 12:22:59 pm »
You would only need to change 4 results in Klopp's 487 games to turn 1 PL Title and 1 CL win into 3 PL Title and 3 CL wins.

Surprised he doesn't look more knackered than he does.

Jürgen looks like the world's oldest 56 year old out there.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: New Kit thread
« Last post by fridgepants on Today at 12:22:14 pm »
Isn't the match version essentially a garment that's not designed to be washed and worn multiple times, hence the players getting a new shirt every game?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 12:21:47 pm »
I dread the day that you ever slit my error.

:o
I hope those William Pacho rumours are true, he looks an absolute Monster.

Ecuador have got an amazing batch of players right now playing in Europe.

His brother Gareth looks tasty.
« Last post by LFCEmpire on Today at 12:19:31 pm »
You would only need to change 4 results in Klopp's 487 games to turn 1 PL Title and 1 CL win into 3 PL Title and 3 CL wins.

Surprised he doesn't look more knackered than he does.

Im not sure I needed that info in my life right now. I really hope we can put it all right in the near future. Winning against RM in a CL final and win another title leaving Man. City devastated in 2nd place.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: New Kit thread
« Last post by oojason on Today at 12:18:45 pm »

'Nike blamed for 2024/25 Liverpool new kit price increase':-

www.thisisanfield.com/2024/05/liverpool-blame-nike-for-2024-25-new-kit-price-increase

'Nike have been blamed for the rising price of Liverpool’s new home shirt following its launch on Thursday morning.

The cost of a standard adult shirt has gone up to £80 for 2024/25, while the same jersey in youth sizes now comes in at £60 – rises of just over £5 from last season.

Meanwhile, the match jersey worn by the players is priced at £125 (a £10 hike on last year’s version), with infant kits retailing at £52 (up by £7).

Sources have told This Is Anfield that this jump in price is down to Nike’s non-negotiable manufacturer’s suggested retail price, which has gone up by 8.5 percent for all of its clubs.'

^ more in the linked article.

'LFC Merchandise (Official and Unofficial) Thread' - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=264852.0

'Bornprosper / Jomzajung etc' - cheap yet quality footy shirt thread - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279241.720

:thumbup

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10