Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 141413 times)

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #600 on: December 26, 2010, 02:28:41 am »
What would Shankly think of the supporters more like.

These are not the people he sent the team out to play for.
Hmm...you really do have a very uncomplicated and unhealthy method of supporting the team. I almost envy it.

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #601 on: December 26, 2010, 02:28:47 am »
I cannot help but feel that NESV/Henry/Werner have been taken in with Roy's library of excuses and despite the results, is actually sympathetic to him, and is secretly hoping that with some new January recruits, he will come good in the second half of the season.

This is the only logical explanation really.
Rafa Benitez: "Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Jewel: "Live your life with love and bravery, and you shall lead a life uncommon"

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #602 on: December 26, 2010, 02:37:59 am »
You insist on coming out with this line; if you do in fact go the match you will know many, many of these want him out. Or are you disputing this?
There are a lot who want him out, but then they are also aware about giving him a fair crack of the whip. A bit a balance, ye get it?

'He's here till the end of the season and we should get behind him and the team'. We should make a banner out of that, wodaya fink?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #603 on: December 26, 2010, 02:38:52 am »
Hmm...you really do have a very uncomplicated and unhealthy method of supporting the team. I almost envy it.
ahahaha uncomplicated and unhealthy!

What are you on about love?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #604 on: December 26, 2010, 02:40:25 am »
I cannot help but feel that NESV/Henry/Werner have been taken in with Roy's library of excuses and despite the results, is actually sympathetic to him, and is secretly hoping that with some new January recruits, he will come good in the second half of the season.

This is the only logical explanation really.

As opposed to the football geniuses that frequent internet messageboards? I know who i'd side with
psn = Lents123

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #605 on: December 26, 2010, 02:44:34 am »
There are a lot who want him out, but then they are also aware about giving him a fair crack of the whip. A bit a balance, ye get it?

'He's here till the end of the season and we should get behind him and the team'. We should make a banner out of that, wodaya fink?
Nothing wrong with balance Chops, and i'm fully aware that he's going to be here until the summer. But the bit about "my season last season was fucking fantastic, i'm that good, but this lot expect us to actually win stuff, and that's not on" sticks in my craw, it really does.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #606 on: December 26, 2010, 02:47:25 am »
As opposed to the football geniuses that frequent internet messageboards? I know who i'd side with
Aye, attacking your fellow poster sure lends credence to your counter-argument, which, if I may point out, you have not yet noted down...
Rafa Benitez: "Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Jewel: "Live your life with love and bravery, and you shall lead a life uncommon"

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: December 26, 2010, 02:50:01 am »
Nothing wrong with balance Chops, and i'm fully aware that he's going to be here until the summer. But the bit about "my season last season was fucking fantastic, i'm that good, but this lot expect us to actually win stuff, and that's not on" sticks in my craw, it really does.
I know he comes across as a bit of a pleb, but in all honesty I'd rather just judge him on what goes on the pitch rather than what goes on off it. This whole 'he doesn't get us' jingoistic clap trap that is bandied about is a load of crap to be honest. I don't get most on here, but it doesn't make me any less of a fan and should that mean that I should stop supporting the club?

Offline i_wun_bite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: December 26, 2010, 02:50:19 am »
expectations of fans of fallen, just in line with what Hodgson wants. amazing we should support a manager who is tearing down the club and not support the cancers who were bleeding us dry. maybe it's the right way, let's keep supporting the motions that are bring down the club! we are the special fans who will support no matter what! can't wait for a banner for Hodgson! whoopy and snooop doggy.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: December 26, 2010, 02:52:48 am »
Aye, attacking your fellow poster sure lends credence to your counter-argument, which, if I may point out, you have not yet noted down...
Counter argument to what? the same old same old that's trotted out every post?

I don't think Hodgson is the manager to take us forward but i'm not the soft c*nt disecting everything he says trying to pick the tiniest of holes in it.
psn = Lents123

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #610 on: December 26, 2010, 02:53:05 am »
expectations of fans of fallen, just in line with what Roy wants. amazing we should support a manager who is tearing down the club and not support the cancers who were bleeding us dry. maybe it's the right way, let's keep supporting the motions that are bring down the club! we are the special fans who will support no matter what! can't wait for a banner for Roy! whoopy and snooop doggy.

Sorry mate. As much as I dislike Hodgson, equating him with the "cancers" is stupid. Not in the same league, at all.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: December 26, 2010, 02:54:20 am »
Sorry mate. As much as I dislike Hodgson, equating him with the "cancers" is stupid. Not in the same league, at all.
Yes it is, he's deliberately ruining LFC don't ya know ::)
psn = Lents123

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: December 26, 2010, 02:54:35 am »
expectations of fans of fallen, just in line with what Roy wants. amazing we should support a manager who is tearing down the club and not support the cancers who were bleeding us dry. maybe it's the right way, let's keep supporting the motions that are bring down the club! we are the special fans who will support no matter what! can't wait for a banner for Roy! whoopy and snooop doggy.
The expectations have been fucked for over 10 years now, we haven't' won the league in 20 and use 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes as some form of success. It isn't.

Wait till the end of the season and the mancs have 19 and we are well and truly fucking knocked off of our perch and this Hodgson thing will be fuck all to the self analysing we'll be doing of the last 20 title free seasons.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: December 26, 2010, 02:55:10 am »
The expectations have been fucked for over 10 years now, we haven't' won the league in 20 and use 2nd, 3rd and 4th place finishes as some form of success. It isn't.

Wait till the end of the season and the mancs have 19 and we are well and truly fucking knocked off of our perch and this Hodgson thing will be fuck all to the self analysing we'll be doing of the last 20 title free seasons.
League is fixed though /A@A
psn = Lents123

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #614 on: December 26, 2010, 02:55:42 am »
I know he comes across as a bit of a pleb, but in all honesty I'd rather just judge him on what goes on the pitch rather than what goes on off it.

So how are things going on the pitch then?

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #615 on: December 26, 2010, 02:56:43 am »
Counter argument to what? the same old same old that's trotted out every post?

I don't think Hodgson is the manager to take us forward but i'm not the soft c*nt disecting everything he says trying to pick the tiniest of holes in it.

I think that in your desperation to proclaim your worthiness of being a real Red, you did not even bother to read what I posted, and your subsequent post is yet another litany of ignorant rant peppered with insults.

If you have nothing to say, then I suggest you keep quiet instead of making incoherent posts

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: December 26, 2010, 02:58:55 am »
I think that in your desperation to proclaim your worthiness of being a real Red, you did not even bother to read what I posted, and your subsequent post is yet another litany of ignorant rant peppered with insults.

If you have nothing to say, then I suggest you keep quiet instead of making incoherent posts

If I was a 'real Red' i'd be posting 'FUCK OFF ROY, CHOKE ON YOUR TURKEY ROY' stuff no? Since he's single-handedly ruining our club? Or am I wrong?
psn = Lents123

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: December 26, 2010, 03:00:43 am »
So how are things going on the pitch then?
To be fair, we've put more attacking thrust in our last 4 games (back to back), than I've seen us do for years (perhaps excluding that spell from feb-may when we came second).

We've actually played well away from home and looked like scoring, shock horror.  Though actually putting the ball in the net has been an issue and thats more to do with individual errors than Roy Hodgson. Or do you see it as all Roy's fault?

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: December 26, 2010, 03:01:10 am »
ahahaha uncomplicated and unhealthy!

What are you on about love?
Uncomplicated because you endorse the behaviour of football supporters acting in the manner of a stepford wife.

Unhealthy, because you're the one who's doing the giving but believe in getting nothing in return (from the players/manager). No relationship is healthy when it's only one sided.

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #619 on: December 26, 2010, 03:02:26 am »
If I was a 'real Red' i'd be posting 'FUCK OFF ROY, CHOKE ON YOUR TURKEY ROY' stuff no? Since he's single-handedly ruining our club? Or am I wrong?

Stop with this grandstanding, fella. You are not impressing anyone.
Contribute to the thread, make decent counter arguments and stop insulting your fellow posters - these are the things an old RAWK hand like yourself should be doing. Or am I wrong?

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #620 on: December 26, 2010, 03:04:42 am »
To be fair, we've put more attacking thrust in our last 4 games (back to back), than I've seen us do for years (perhaps excluding that spell from feb-may when we came second).

We've actually played well away from home and looked like scoring, shock horror.  Though actually putting the ball in the net has been an issue and thats more to do with individual errors than Roy Hodgson. Or do you see it as all Roy's fault?

I see it as forcing yourself to see something that isn't there. I know for a fact that the Newcastle game, having seen the comparative statistics, we were much less of an attacking threat than we were last year.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: December 26, 2010, 03:06:08 am »
Stop with this grandstanding, fella. You are not impressing anyone.
Contribute to the thread, make decent counter arguments and stop insulting your fellow posters - these are the things an old RAWK hand like yourself should be doing. Or am I wrong?
Grandstanding? You've got me all wrong.
I don't think Roy Hodgson is the man to take LFC forward, but similarly I don't believe he deserves what he's getting from other 'supporters' at the moment. I mean, he's got a worse squad than last year with a negative net spend (which we all love no?) and really isn't that far behind what we were?
But i'll stop because i'll be swamped and dismissed as 'anti-Rafa' or have some sort of agenda, or be accused of being a pretend red or whatever next.
psn = Lents123

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: December 26, 2010, 03:07:54 am »
Uncomplicated because you endorse the behaviour of football supporters acting in the manner of a stepford wife.
All I endorse is getting behind the team and manager, not, calling for his or there heads becasuse of some assumption that he doesn't get us, hates us, players got rid of a manger, players pick the team, etc...

Unhealthy, because you're the one who's doing the giving but believe in getting nothing in return (from the players/manager). No relationship is healthy when it's only one sided.

This is modern football, going for a pint with Jimmy Case in the Park after the match has long gone. I'll be here when they are long gone, so I back the shirt and try to do it the right way. I expect nothing in return other than for them to die for the cause on the pitch, nothing more.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #623 on: December 26, 2010, 03:09:12 am »
I know he comes across as a bit of a pleb, but in all honesty I'd rather just judge him on what goes on the pitch rather than what goes on off it. This whole 'he doesn't get us' jingoistic clap trap that is bandied about is a load of crap to be honest. I don't get most on here, but it doesn't make me any less of a fan and should that mean that I should stop supporting the club?
You know what mate, i'd agree with you utterly there if it wasn't for this:

We all knew that this season, at least the start to it, was going to be full of turmoil. Rafa was off, the sale of the club was a national drama of the most insane proportions and let's face it, as a fan base we were in a state of being very fucking angry all the time. Roy was brought in to "steady the ship" and be this excellent english manager who'd man manage way better than the last bloke. What we needed though was to hear it in the press that despite the turmoil, we were working hard to get back to where we belonged.....and that was that. That is all that was and is needed. I can accept a bit of rebuild under a new manager, always happens.

But what i can't accept is the seemingly continuous dumbing down efforts that have been going on since he's arrived. It's like we're basically being told on a weekly, sometimes even twice weekly basis to "forget the top 4, because we're actually shit, and you're all expecting far, far too much. You should be happy with 9th, even at the end of the season"

Now i'd like to think that most liverpool, fans can look at the teams above us, ie The mancs, chelsea, arsenal, Manchester City and spurs and say "you know what, they've got decent squads that are worth a fucking shit load and i'm not shocked that at the moment they're above us during the first season under new ownership and management" They're all more stable than us (well city aren't but they've so much cash that I put them in that bracket), they've all been much, much better run than us over the last few years (well the mancs haven't but they've won everything going with very few barren periods and infighting over the last 20 years) and have teams that their managers have built to compete both in this league and the champions league.

But what i want to hear from any liverpool manager is both defiance to the ones above us and above all else, optimism in the face of adversity. At the moment, what we've got is someone who's just playing the blame game to excuse a pretty fucking shite first half of the season.

Basically, I don't react well when i'm told that my expectations are too high, and always have been, which is what he's implying there. I never expected us to win or even challenge for the league, but i expect us to challenge everyone on the pitch that we play. We don't, we just look challenged on the pitch and it's everyone's fault but Roy's. Like i said mate, i'm all for balance, but I think i'm allowed to be a bit annoyed reading that drivel.
Gratitude

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #624 on: December 26, 2010, 03:09:59 am »
Grandstanding? You've got me all wrong.
I don't think Roy Hodgson is the man to take LFC forward, but similarly I don't believe he deserves what he's getting from other 'supporters' at the moment. I mean, he's got a worse squad than last year with a negative net spend (which we all love no?) and really isn't that far behind what we were?
But i'll stop because i'll be swamped and dismissed as 'anti-Rafa' or have some sort of agenda, or be accused of being a pretend red or whatever next.

Good, because two more posts, and you'll win by default as I'll be too smashed to respond...

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: December 26, 2010, 03:10:29 am »

We've conceded 22 goals already this year. All of last season we let in 35, which was third best in the league to only the winners, and the runners-up.

We are about 7 points worse off than last year at Christmas, having played a game less.

We have committed money to quite a few players that aren't playing, and the players that we let go for peanuts are doing alright elsewhere.

Are you going to stand up and defend a manager that oversaw the swap of Alberto Aquilani for Christian Poulsen? Or are you going to tell me it wasn't his fault?

Fact is, he's fucking shit. I told you that, I screamed from the fucking rooftops that a manager who won 4 away matches in 2 full seasons wasn't fit to manage Liverpool.

Wake up.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: December 26, 2010, 03:11:17 am »
Good, because two more posts, and you'll win by default as I'll be too smashed to respond...
Yo tambien :wave

Look, I want what's best for LFC. And abusing our manager to an extent that goes beyond what I see Red's abusing Ferguson or Moyes is frankly wrong.
psn = Lents123

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: December 26, 2010, 03:11:35 am »
I see it as forcing yourself to see something that isn't there. I know for a fact that the Newcastle game, having seen the comparative statistics, we were much less of an attacking threat than we were last year.
Spurs away and Newcastle away we should of won. I don't car about stats, I believe what i see with my eyes and we played well, should of won and those two games have been our best away performances in over a year.

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: December 26, 2010, 03:13:21 am »

May I ask you a question.

What is the largest margin of victory in Champions League history?

Thank you.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: December 26, 2010, 03:13:46 am »

Fact is, he's fucking shit. I told you that, I screamed from the fucking rooftops that a manager who won 4 away matches in 2 full seasons wasn't fit to manage Liverpool.

*bows down*

What a fucking man you are. If you weren't quite so fucking smug about being 'right' and seeming to revel in our misfortune as if to prove your points this season i'd give a fuck about your opinion, but as it happens I don't.
psn = Lents123

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #630 on: December 26, 2010, 03:14:44 am »
Spurs away and Newcastle away we should of won. I don't car about stats, I believe what i see with my eyes and we played well, should of won and those two games have been our best away performances in over a year.
Spurs, i agree with, but the newcastle game? I thought we were very poor to be honest, let back into a game through luck, not judgement and bar that 10 minute spell where we created 2 chances, we were actually very toothless going forward mate. I'd agree with you even more about spurs, but that performance is the exception this year and not the rule. While I also agree that last season we were pretty shit away from home too, last season I saw a helluva lot more fight on the pitch from our "b"team that was out there a lot than I have this season from the superstar "a" team.
Gratitude

Offline El Campeador

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: December 26, 2010, 03:15:39 am »
*bows down*

What a fucking man you are. If you weren't quite so fucking smug about being 'right' and seeming to revel in our misfortune as if to prove your points this season i'd give a fuck about your opinion, but as it happens I don't.

I don't care.

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: December 26, 2010, 03:16:35 am »
I don't care.
Yawn, carry on being pleased you're so right and we're struggling. At least you're right on the internet eh?

psn = Lents123

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #633 on: December 26, 2010, 03:17:10 am »
Yo tambien :wave

Look, I want what's best for LFC. And abusing our manager to an extent that goes beyond what I see Red's abusing Ferguson or Moyes is frankly wrong.

You had too make me google that, didn't you? lol.
I understand where you are coming from mate, and not for a moment did I doubt that you had LFC's best interest in your heart - even if I disagree with you.
Cheers mate. ;D

Offline Shakespeare

• Main Stander
« Reply #634 on: December 26, 2010, 03:18:53 am »

Will respond once sober, if it hasn't been addressed yet...

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #635 on: December 26, 2010, 03:18:53 am »

But there's a problem. If he;s saying this in public, imagine what he's saying to the team?

it all affects the squad.

Roy persists with the "poor squad" line of reasoning as it suits him - say it often enough and it becomes true. He's masking his failings but casting the evil spirits into a scapegoat.

The major difficulty he suffers is credibility, because it;s one things trying to swindle the fans, it's another when its so blatant and nonsensical. This is a man who can achieve three things in one short sentence:

1. Make no sense.
2. Contradict himself.
3. Attribute blame.

We don't have a poor squad we have a poor manager.

Join the union: www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: December 26, 2010, 03:20:07 am »
imagine what he's saying to the team?

And that's all we can do, unless we're in the dressing room/Melwood? But let's just carry on 'imagining' things he's 'probably' saying to them to make our points online.
psn = Lents123

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: December 26, 2010, 03:20:21 am »
We've conceded 22 goals already this year. All of last season we let in 35, which was third best in the league to only the winners, and the runners-up.

We are about 7 points worse off than last year at Christmas, having played a game less.

We have committed money to quite a few players that aren't playing, and the players that we let go for peanuts are doing alright elsewhere.

Are you going to stand up and defend a manager that oversaw the swap of Alberto Aquilani for Christian Poulsen? Or are you going to tell me it wasn't his fault?

Wake up.
Indeed we have conceded more, but then we have stopped defending the defence for a change. Awful mind set for the last 10 years that.

I'll judge him at the end of the season, not half way through it.

Players come and go, thats football, unless Roy Hodgson is the only manager to ever do that?

I don't like Poulsen meself, but who did he replace exactly? In the last 3 weeks I've read he's been brought in to replace Aquiliani, Masch, Lucas which one is it? Very easy to drop a name as a like for like replacement when though they are both totally different players and are deployed differently.

Ahh the first of the 'I told you so' statements and it's not even January very poor, very poor indeed. Lets just wait till the end of the season for your visionary call back statements eh.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #638 on: December 26, 2010, 03:23:45 am »
May I ask you a question.

What is the largest margin of victory in Champions League history?

Thank you.
no need to thank me when asking me question, just a polite excuse me will do son.

Probably us I'd say.

Funny thing is, we're not in that comp anymore, we fucked that up last season under the last bloke. Now, if we were to finish higher then 7th that must be seen as an improvement, surely?

Offline LFCpostCOM

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
    • LFCPost.com
« Reply #639 on: December 26, 2010, 03:30:27 am »

I see us sitting ninth at Xmas, -1 goal diff, 1 away win, and about 90 minutes of football worth watching all season.

I see our statistics falling in line with Roy Hodgson's career record, in some cases worse.

I see our football methods reflect those of a mid table (or lesser league) side - the kind that Roy is used to managing.

I see players like Torres - once record breaking world player of the year candidate - withering.

I see a total lack of motivation.

I see an unsettled fanbase, feeling like their dog died after a promising ownership spill, only to have to endure the prolonged tenure of a manager clearly out of his depth.

Yes, I blame Roy. This squad is far, far better than this.  If it isn't the manager's fault, then what is the point of the manager at all? If managers are credited with success, then they should equally be accused of failure. Roy is clinging on by a thread. He wants to "save" his reputation. This is leading to desperation, and it will lead to despair. Hodgson would sooner ruin LFC than give up the chance to absolve his reputation.

If we CAN do better (or if anyone thinks another manager could do so) then what is the point of Hodgson?
Join the union: www.spiritofshankly.com