Author Topic: Loan Watch 2018-2019  (Read 185661 times)

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
Re: Loan Watch 2018-2019
« Reply #680 on: December 27, 2018, 10:46:44 am »
Thats some Juninho Pernambucano prime conversion rate of free kicks he is having, that quality alone makes him extremely valuable, if he manages to further develop his overall game I can see him being a part of the team next year.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #681 on: December 27, 2018, 11:06:34 am »
How’s he actually playing? Aside from the rather obvious scoring a worldie every other game?!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #682 on: December 27, 2018, 11:10:27 am »
How’s he actually playing? Aside from the rather obvious scoring a worldie every other game?!

Yeah he's playing very well.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #683 on: December 27, 2018, 11:12:25 am »

What’s that based on Fordy, if you don’t mind me asking
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #684 on: December 27, 2018, 11:33:35 am »

you want to elaborate on that for people who never watch Championship games?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #685 on: December 27, 2018, 11:36:46 am »
Heard on Reddit his general game isn't really up there.
:D

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #686 on: December 27, 2018, 11:39:00 am »
Heard on Reddit his general game isn't really up there.

Aye I had a quick scan on a few Derby forums and the concensus seems to be that they love him, mainly cos he’s scoring lots of goals but he is still a prospect with a lot of improvement needed in his all round game and certainly not ready to come here and have much of an impact (although maybe they’re just saying that so they can keep him!!)

But yeah I think Fordys gonna come back and give us more of a first hand account of how he’s been playing

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #687 on: December 27, 2018, 11:41:00 am »

I had a look on a Derby forum a few weeks back and they are obviously going mad for all the long range goals he is scoring. But quite a few of them were critical of his all round game and saying he is anonymous too often and that the team were playing through other attackers. Plenty of football to go this season and we send them out on loan to improve. They love him and are worried we'll recall him but a few areas where he can improve in the second half of the season.

Either way I'm sure he'll start pre-season with us and Klopp will assess him then before making a call.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:08:34 pm by Too early for flapjacks? »

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #688 on: December 27, 2018, 12:08:45 pm »
Aye I had a quick scan on a few Derby forums and the concensus seems to be that they love him, mainly cos he’s scoring lots of goals but he is still a prospect with a lot of improvement needed in his all round game and certainly not ready to come here and have much of an impact (although maybe they’re just saying that so they can keep him!!)

But yeah I think Fordys gonna come back and give us more of a first hand account of how he’s been playing

Did you scan the Stoke forums when we were buying Shaqiri?? I doubt many would have predicted him to be this good, but then he was never playing with players of our quality and there’s no saying Wilson wouldn’t further elevate his game surrounded by players better than him, which he doesn’t have the pleasure of playing with at Derby.

You can’t really judge these things the way you do, Origi has had a couple failed loans and a modicum of Wilson’s talent and has made one of th biggest impacts to our season off the bench, not ready to make an impact doesn’t say much.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 12:11:04 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #689 on: December 27, 2018, 12:21:36 pm »
I remember scanning Celtic forums a couple of years ago and they were saying Denayer was a much better defender than Van Dijk.. I take a lot of it with a pinch of salt. Theirs obviously have a lot less traffic than say here so I imagine you're lacking the same sort of balance when compared to checking say a Nathaniel Clyne thread or something.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #690 on: December 27, 2018, 12:54:40 pm »
Did you scan the Stoke forums when we were buying Shaqiri?? I doubt many would have predicted him to be this good, but then he was never playing with players of our quality and there’s no saying Wilson wouldn’t further elevate his game surrounded by players better than him, which he doesn’t have the pleasure of playing with at Derby.

You can’t really judge these things the way you do, Origi has had a couple failed loans and a modicum of Wilson’s talent and has made one of th biggest impacts to our season off the bench, not ready to make an impact doesn’t say much.

It’s just what the forums said mate, please don’t take it personally. I haven’t seen the lad play this season apart from one cup game and then his goals. But what the Derby fans are saying would tie in with why we allowed him out on loan in the first place, and he’s in the right place to try and improve his game to a level where he might be worth a shot with the first team.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #691 on: December 27, 2018, 01:09:49 pm »
I always get the impression (probably like Coolie) that he's playing mostly with crap players that avoid/can't make the required play....so ends up looking like he's not that involved. I've not seen much from the 21's, Wales and Derby that says he couldn't play for us already...Certainly not 100% starter or pushing the first team for starting spots but the lad could easily fill in for the wide positions.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: December 27, 2018, 02:06:18 pm »
I always get the impression (probably like Coolie) that he's playing mostly with crap players that avoid/can't make the required play....so ends up looking like he's not that involved. I've not seen much from the 21's, Wales and Derby that says he couldn't play for us already...Certainly not 100% starter or pushing the first team for starting spots but the lad could easily fill in for the wide positions.

I wonder if he quite has the pace and dribbling ability for that?

I think we may see him as the most advanced CM for the last 10 minutes or so here and there next season.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Online MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #693 on: December 27, 2018, 02:26:41 pm »
I have seen Derby about 6 or 7 times this season as I have a job covering stats for certain games.

Wilson has been good in the games I have seen.
He has played a variet of positions. He presses very well,good pace & has a good eye for a pass as well. Would like him to start as a forward more often. He doesn't really dribble much either despite having decent pace.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #694 on: December 27, 2018, 03:35:54 pm »
They were all shitting their kecks when it was discovered the Reds could ask for the lad back in Jan.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #695 on: December 27, 2018, 04:47:25 pm »

Frank Lampard/David Platt?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: December 27, 2018, 04:56:29 pm »
Of course he will need match time with the Under 23's but he will train with the 1st team when fit.

You sell players to create room as well for youth and you put them on the bench for experience e.g. Folden at City.

Foden is on the bench for City for propaganda purposes. He's very good but he's never played a single important minute for them.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: December 27, 2018, 05:05:47 pm »
Propaganda? I like that.  So Pep keeps Fodan involved to further the myth that he can bring players through or something?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #698 on: December 27, 2018, 05:09:52 pm »
Propaganda? I like that.  So Pep keeps Fodan involved to further the myth that he can bring players through or something?

They need him cos he's home grown. And especially after the Jadon Sancho situation, keeping hold of Foden becme even more important, they can't let the same thing happen with him as happened with Sancho.

Guardiola doesn't have a reputation for bringing through youngsters anyway. But he's been bigging up Foden a lot, so maybe he'll make it at City. He's still very young. Good chance he'll outlast Guardiola there anyway.

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
« Reply #699 on: December 27, 2018, 05:17:03 pm »
I think that he can deliver under Klopp, his finishing is top notch, just unfotunate that we already have Mo and Shaq in his position which will make it hard for him. Although even right now I would look forward for him sitting on the bench instead of the likes of Origi and Lallana. Imagine having a hard time against a parked bus his long shots and free kicks would be invaluable against this kind of teams. Maybe if some offers come for our not so involved in the first team players (Sturridge, Origi, Solanke, Lallana)  Klopp would consider recalling him who knows. Moreover with our reborn defense a single goal in most of the cases means 3 point and the kid sure can pull one from almost anywhere.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 05:20:24 pm by L.Suarez »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #700 on: December 27, 2018, 05:25:07 pm »
I think that he can deliver under Klopp, his finishing is top notch, just unfotunate that we already have Mo and Shaq in his position which will make it hard for him. Although even right now I would look forward for him sitting on the bench instead of the likes of Origi and Lallana. Imagine having a hard time against a parked bus his long shots and free kicks would be invaluable against this kind of teams. Maybe if some offers come for our not so involved in the first team players (Sturridge, Origi, Solanke, Lallana)  Klopp would consider recalling him who knows. Moreover with our reborn defense a single goal in most of the cases means 3 point and the kid sure can pull one from almost anywhere.

why would anyone think now, of all seasons, when we are challenging, that selling players like Lallana or Sturridge and replacing them with a player from a championship club is a resonable idea.

IF Wilson makes it at this level, he makes it, but now is not the time to be finding that out. He's at the best place he could be - a club where he gets regular games, and as far as I know, is well coached and plays decent football. The next pre-season should be the time for him to be showing he's ready to take the next step.

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
« Reply #701 on: December 27, 2018, 05:26:58 pm »
why would anyone think now, of all seasons, when we are challenging, that selling players like Lallana or Sturridge and replacing them with a player from a championship club is a resonable idea.

IF Wilson makes it at this level, he makes it, but now is not the time to be finding that out. He's at the best place he could be - a club where he gets regular games, and as far as I know, is well coached and plays decent football. The next pre-season should be the time for him to be showing he's ready to take the next step.

I'm not saying we should push these players out, but if it happens so that good offers arrive, Wilson should be considered before splashing big money one someone with similar profile.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: December 27, 2018, 05:45:25 pm »
They need him cos he's home grown. And especially after the Jadon Sancho situation, keeping hold of Foden becme even more important, they can't let the same thing happen with him as happened with Sancho.

Guardiola doesn't have a reputation for bringing through youngsters anyway. But he's been bigging up Foden a lot, so maybe he'll make it at City. He's still very young. Good chance he'll outlast Guardiola there anyway.
Foden is 18, he looks like a terrific talent but is up against De Bruyne, both Silvas and Gundogan. Realistically he is going to be restricted to domestic cup games and cameos in league games for now. He's featured in eight of their 19 league games this season, which is the same number of appearances Grujic, now 22, has made since he's come here.

As far as Guardiola goes, I'm not sure why you think he doesn't have a rep for bringing through youngsters. He promoted Busquets, Pedro, Thiago and Cuenca at Barcelona and put Pique, most recently a Man United squad player, straight into the first team. At Bayern he made Coman and Kimmich regulars when they were 19 and 20, and gave game time to Højbjerg and Gaudino.

Getting back to the subject at hand, Wilson has proven himself everywhere he's played and I'd like to see him getting game time in the front five next season, even if it isn't as a first choice, especially with Lallana being injury prone, Ox still recovering and at least two of Origi, Sturridge and Solanke likely to go. If he wasn't under contract and we were being linked with him I have a feeling there would be a lot more excitement. He's one of the most talented players outside of the top division and he looks likely to succeed somewhere - why shouldn't he get a chance to do it with us? 

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #703 on: December 27, 2018, 07:27:55 pm »

To say origi doesn't have a modicum of Wilsons  talent is frankly ridiculous. He may not have overly impressed on his loan last season but neither did Wilson at Tranmere and Origi has never had to be loaned outside the top division to get a game.

When origi was Wilsons age he was the main striker for liverpool driving us to a UEFA Cup final and when he was two years younger he was leading his country's to the quarter finals of the world cup keeping Lukaku on the bench. Wilson isn't even a regular for the Welsh team!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 07:31:48 pm by dakid »

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #704 on: December 27, 2018, 08:13:05 pm »
To say origi doesn't have a modicum of Wilsons  talent is frankly ridiculous. He may not have overly impressed on his loan last season but neither did Wilson at Tranmere

Or Crewe...

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: December 27, 2018, 10:50:50 pm »
To say origi doesn't have a modicum of Wilsons  talent is frankly ridiculous. He may not have overly impressed on his loan last season but neither did Wilson at Tranmere and Origi has never had to be loaned outside the top division to get a game.

When origi was Wilsons age he was the main striker for liverpool driving us to a UEFA Cup final and when he was two years younger he was leading his country's to the quarter finals of the world cup keeping Lukaku on the bench. Wilson isn't even a regular for the Welsh team!

That was harsh on Origi I remember watching him at the World Cup and thinking what a talent he was, he was only 18-19 as well. For whatever reason though from that age he hasn’t developed anywhere near how I or many thought he would and at 23 he is a decent player but you would say before the goal against Everton his stock was definitely lower. He simply hasn’t done much for the best part of a couple years now, injuries have maybe played a part in that but it also did when Wilson was the ages you’re using in your comparison. At this point in time Wilson has turnt out to look like he has more potential, his technique awareness even finishing in my opinion is at a higher level, it sounds silly even discussing it because Wilson is at Derby and Origi will hopefully play a part in our title win, but time will tell if both or any will have a future here long term, if I was a betting man though I would back Wilson which is kind of the reasoning to saying what I initially said, with obvious over exaggeration.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #706 on: December 28, 2018, 01:34:25 pm »
I see Sheff Utd have just signed Dowell on loan for the season, from Everton. Expecting the Woodburn cancellation soon then and him going elsewhere.
AHA!

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: December 28, 2018, 01:47:13 pm »
I see Sheff Utd have just signed Dowell on loan for the season, from Everton. Expecting the Woodburn cancellation soon then and him going elsewhere.

Woodburn is currently injured at the minute.

Might just stay with us now then loan next season.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #708 on: December 28, 2018, 02:22:52 pm »
Woodburn is currently injured at the minute.

Might just stay with us now then loan next season.

It's been a disappointing year for Woodburn with the injuries and the loan not going well.  Hopefully he can kick on in the new year. 

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: December 28, 2018, 08:44:24 pm »
Update from the past 6 weeks:

Harry Wilson - Derby - Wilson has started all 7 games since the last update and completed 90 minutes in all but one of them. He scored 5 goals in that time across 4 different games, taking his tally for the season to 9 goals (8 league) and 2 assists in 22 games. Derby are currently still in 6th place and therefore in the play off spots, although have started to fall off the pace for automatic promotion, 9 points behind 2nd and 12 behind 1st.

Ovie Ejaria - Rangers - Ejaria played a final 4 games for Rangers before cutting the loan spell short, apparently because he hadn't settled there but there are other speculated reasons. He completed his spell with Rangers having made 23 starts (inc. 9 in Europa League), 5 sub appearances, scoring twice and assisting once.

Ryan Kent - Rangers - Unfortunately for him and Rangers, still carrying an injury. He missed the final 3 games of Rangers' Europa League group stage which saw them take just 1 point, having taken 5 from the 3 he started in. Rangers are still 2nd in the league but 3 points behind Celtic who have a game in hand, with the old firm coming up tomorrow. No news as far as I can see on whether Kent will be available or not, but I'd assume not.

Taiwo Awoniyi - Gent - This loan has been a bit of a disaster for Taiwo after having such an impressive run in this same league last season. Gent were eliminated from the Europa League in the qualifying rounds, and after the first few games of the season he lost his starting spot and has been limited to cameos from the bench since, having not completed 90 minutes since September. Overall, he has 3 goals in 22 games, with 0 of those goals coming in the league. Would not be surprised to see (another) recall here as he shown last season he's capable of scoring goals when played.

Anderson Arroyo - Gent - Stats for this guy have evaded me since we signed him! He's at Gent (same club as Awoniyi) but hasn't made a match day squad, so I assume he's playing for their U23 side.

Allan - Frankfurt - Allan is still out injured, but has an estimated return date of Dec 31 so we may see his comeback once the Bundesliga returns from its winter break. After initially failing to get any gametime for Frankfurt Allan had started to pick up some minutes before his injury, so hopefully they'll continue to give him chances once he's back. They're 6th in his absence, 4 points outside the CL spots.

Shamal George - Tranmere - Still playing back up to the more experienced Scott Davies. Made 3 appearances in total, 1 in the League Cup and 2 in the EFL Trophy, they lost those 3 games. Davies has been the first choice for FA Cup games, which they're still in (they have Spurs next week). As for Tranmere they're having a decent season, challenging for a play off spot having only been promoted this summer, and as already mentioned still in the FA Cup.

Adam Bogdan - Hibernian - 6 clean sheets in 17 league games for Bogdan so far, although Hibernian are down in a disappointing 8th.

Ben Woodburn - Sheffield Utd - We have probably seen the end of this disastrous loan spell for Woodburn, with him having returned to Liverpool a couple of weeks ago with an injury. If it is the end, then he leaves Sheff Utd having made just 7 league appearances, failing to complete 90 minutes, and only having featured in 1 game since September (which was a 10 minute appearance from the bench).

Herbie Kane - Since the last update Kane has been given a new contract here and extended his loan spell at Doncaster. According to Doncaster's manager he had the opportunity to play in the Championship but along with us agreed he was developing well at Doncaster and would continue there: “Herbie could have gone to seven or eight Championship clubs, or four or five top end League One clubs,” said Rovers boss Grant McCann. “But what he believes is that he is developing well here. Liverpool believe that he is developing well here and we’re delighted to have him. I think this will give him a great grounding for next year. “Hopefully that’s with us. If it ‘s not with us, the boy is going to have a huge career in the Championship next year.” He's completed 90 minutes in all 6 of the league games since the last update, scoring 3 and assisting 1. His form is helping Doncaster challenge for promotion, currently in 7th, and they still remain in the FA Cup, with an away tie at Championship Preston up in Round 3.

Danny Ings - Southampton - A change in management at Southampton since the last update, which has saw Ings start 3 and score 3. He now has 7 league goals in 14 games, averaging 1 every 146 minutes.

Marko Grujic - Hertha Berlin - Returned from injury and scored 1 in 3 games but then picked up another injury and has missed the past 3 games, although he hopes to be fit by the time the Bundesliga returns after winter break. In better news, they love him there! Here's a quote from their manager: “I've been at Hertha for 22 years, this isn't meant as an insult to anyone else, but Marko is by far the best midfielder I've seen in my time at the club. I was a defensive midfielder and managed to score 17 goals, which isn't bad. But Marko carries much more of a goal threat. He's got a sensational shot on him and is much better than I was. He can play anywhere in midfield. He's got so much potential. He's good in the air, he wins tackles and has got such a strong desire to win.” Hertha are 8th after 17 games.

Connor Randall - Rochdale - Randall made his return from injury sooner than expected, playing for the first time in 3 months at the end of November. He only managed 40 minutes though and hasn't made a match day squad since, so I assume he picked up another knock but haven't been able to find any confirmation on that.

Loris Karius - Beşiktaş - Played all 6 games since the last update keeping 2 clean sheets in the meantime, making it 3 clean sheets in 13 league games. Beşiktaş are a very disappointing 7th in the league, 9 points behind 1st. They're also now out of the Europa League, finishing behind Genk and Malmo in the group.

Corey Whelan - Crewe - Started 4 of the 6 games, taking him to 13 league starts for the season. Crewe are 17th, 8 points above the relegation zone.

Sheyi Ojo - Reims - Incredibly disappointed to report that Reims have only had 1 0-0 draw since the last update, having drawn 4 of their opening 6 league games that scoreline. They're still drawing a lot though, and unfortunately Ojo hasn't nailed down a spot in the side. He has started 3 games for them since the season began, with just 1 of them coming since September. Yet to score or assist in the league, although did score in a cup game. Reims are 9th in the table.

I think at this point it would be safe to say that Wilson, Kane, Kent, and Grujic have been the successful spells so far.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 11:38:10 pm by JoeCole »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #710 on: December 28, 2018, 09:56:19 pm »
Ojo has all the skills in the world - but doesn't seem to translate it to higher levels. He is extremely unlikely to make it here (make it being even a squad player).

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: December 28, 2018, 10:28:05 pm »
Love the update.

What are people thinking will happen with Grujic next year?  Does he have a place in the squad?  Maybe replacing Lallana (yes, I know they play different positions) or MIlner maybe?

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #712 on: December 28, 2018, 10:30:52 pm »
Love the update.

What are people thinking will happen with Grujic next year?  Does he have a place in the squad?  Maybe replacing Lallana (yes, I know they play different positions) or MIlner maybe?

I think he'll move on myself, I know he's liked but I think with a decent offer and we'll accept

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #713 on: December 28, 2018, 10:39:37 pm »
Sporting Lisbon want Camacho on loan according to James Pearce, a League One club have shown interest in taking Curtis Jones on loan too.

Palace, Huddersfield, Brighton and Fulham are all interested in Solanke (Paul Joyce).  Brighton want him permanently but I hope we're not contemplating letting that happening given that Sturridge and Origi are both likely gone in the summer.  And I think Solanke has the ability to play a part here too.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: December 28, 2018, 10:44:03 pm »
Jones doesnt need to be rushed out on loan. Keep him.in.house for the fa cup and in case a chance comes up.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #715 on: December 28, 2018, 11:08:03 pm »
Guardian and Times saying Solanke likely to go on loan to Palace
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/28/crystal-palace-liverpool-dominic-solanke-loan

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #716 on: December 28, 2018, 11:37:34 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/28/crystal-palace-liverpool-dominic-solanke-loan

Another interesting point in that article is Gent trying to get Sorloth from Palace, that could see Awoniyi's loan cut short there.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #717 on: December 28, 2018, 11:38:43 pm »

Putting aside my opinions about Hodgson, I think that's potentially a good move for him - he shouldn't be short of opportunities if he gets games alongside Zaha and Townsend.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: December 29, 2018, 12:57:53 am »
Love the update.

I hope that he at least stays a Liverpool player, I'd love to see him return to Hertha BSC - and they for sure would like that too, the club and the fans love him there.

I like Grujic a lot, but unless there are major outgoings in the summer, he'd still be way down the order here.  Milner has one year left on his deal I think? All in all, there would likely be at least 5 or 6 midfielders ahead of him.

A lot will depend on pre-season though of course. It's a shame he's had 2 injuries this season, cos when he's been playing, he's been very very good.

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #719 on: December 29, 2018, 01:19:46 am »
Ojo has all the skills in the world - but doesn't seem to translate it to higher levels. He is extremely unlikely to make it here (make it being even a squad player).

Ojo reminds me of Ibe a bit in terms that they both have talent but there decision making was poor.