Author Topic: Bars/Clubs in town  (Read 342260 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Bars/Clubs in town
« Reply #2320 on: May 21, 2021, 09:15:36 am »
I had the pleasure of going back in my beloved Cross Keys after work last night, the pleasure of sitting inside a pub, not ordering all sorts of food and being allowed to sit as long as you wanted. I nearly cried haha  :'(

Yeah was in there Monday and for the quiz & match on Weds. Good to be back and Ray is as happy as ever!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2321 on: May 21, 2021, 11:33:04 am »
I had the pleasure of going back in my beloved Cross Keys after work last night, the pleasure of sitting inside a pub, not ordering all sorts of food and being allowed to sit as long as you wanted. I nearly cried haha  :'(

Usually pop in the Cross Keys after lunch at Trattoria 51 (a RAWK recommendation) and before the City Bar.

Brings back fond memories for one of my mates who used to go to the Cross Keys before Hawkwind gigs at the Stadium.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2322 on: May 23, 2021, 02:25:48 pm »
Anyone know of the Old Barn has shut down by the ground?

Just been up to have my normal pre match pint and it looks shut.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2323 on: May 23, 2021, 09:15:16 pm »

They're having trouble with the roof, and get the impression they have been trying to get the money together for a while now, to sort it out.

I don't know which part of  the roof, Alex didn't say.

She said they'd be closed this Sunday, but will be open again for the start of the season.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #2324 on: May 24, 2021, 09:28:18 am »
If someone had told me a year ago I would be getting table service in the Abbey i would have had them certified. However, thats what happened yesterday and a good job they made of it as well. good to get back in a pre match routine.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2325 on: May 24, 2021, 08:54:08 pm »
They're having trouble with the roof, and get the impression they have been trying to get the money together for a while now, to sort it out.

I don't know which part of  the roof, Alex didn't say.

She said they'd be closed this Sunday, but will be open again for the start of the season.
They said they were having issues with the 2-3 years ago. Guessing covid hasn't helped it.

Offline AnfieldIron

• Water Like a Stone. Local laundry service ...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2326 on: May 25, 2021, 09:32:52 am »

Similarly May Duncans on Heyworth St remains closed. Not heard any reason why yet - anyone know?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2327 on: May 25, 2021, 11:07:49 am »
Lanigans having to defend itself after bouncers fighting with customers outside..you never really see the whole story but those doormen need educating, if that's possible.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #2328 on: May 25, 2021, 07:15:05 pm »
Lanigans having to defend itself after bouncers fighting with customers outside..you never really see the whole story but those doormen need educating, if that's possible.

Dunno if you saw this: https://twitter.com/Poblfc/status/1396927874079371264?s=20

Look at the way the lad lands on that chair, he could have broken his back and/or neck. Bouncer quickly scurries back inside once he realises he's fucked up, mind.

Apparently said bouncers were also telling the (Irish) lads to "go back to where you came from", so that's nice.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2329 on: May 25, 2021, 07:30:55 pm »
Dunno if you saw this: https://twitter.com/Poblfc/status/1396927874079371264?s=20

Look at the way the lad lands on that chair, he could have broken his back and/or neck. Bouncer quickly scurries back inside once he realises he's fucked up, mind.

Apparently said bouncers were also telling the (Irish) lads to "go back to where you came from", so that's nice.

Yeah they're the ones circulating earlier I saw, some good doormen who know how to do the job & far too many just ain't got a clue with too much testosterone.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2330 on: May 25, 2021, 07:35:23 pm »

Looks a right shit hole.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #2331 on: May 26, 2021, 10:06:30 am »
I'm down this Saturday, have a table booked 16:30-18:30 at BewDog.

Can anyone recommend a decent Craft Beer Bar to go to after, and if I'll have to try and book.
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2332 on: May 26, 2021, 10:47:42 am »
You'll def have to book, places are chocker.

There is Love Lane Brewery, now exactly a huge selection because it's mostly their own but it's decent.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #2333 on: May 26, 2021, 11:05:42 am »
You'll def have to book, places are chocker.

There is Love Lane Brewery, now exactly a huge selection because it's mostly their own but it's decent.

Cheers mate, have tried there but bookings are closed.
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline IrishRed

• Driven but can't drive...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2334 on: May 26, 2021, 09:44:15 pm »

Is a video going about showing what happened inside.

Probably fair to say nobody really comes out of it with much credit.
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2335 on: May 27, 2021, 09:16:36 am »
Olive Tree (Olive something anyway) on Castle St has closed and is now a bar called Point Blank.

Massive booths around a screen where you can use realistic guns to shoot different target scenarios. Went last night, £10 each for an hour and they have decent bar snack type food and a decent drinks menu. Was really good fun and well worth a visit.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2336 on: June 7, 2021, 12:12:23 pm »
Went out last Sat and the majority of places seem sensible. Handling the whole sit down and order thing well. Big queues to get in places like McCooleys and Rubber Soul on Mathew St but not unexpected.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2337 on: July 19, 2021, 11:18:16 am »
Spent a few hours on the rooftop terrace at Five on Seel St on Friday. Nice place, big Tory energy about it though. Expensive but lovely to see the City lit up. Some decent premium lagers available but all bottles, then the usual assortment of £10+ cocktails.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2338 on: July 19, 2021, 01:37:08 pm »
Head of steam on Hanover Street seems to be where I've drifted towards post lockdown. Decent ale, good separation of tables, doesn't get overly crowded.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2339 on: July 19, 2021, 02:08:01 pm »
Head of steam on Hanover Street seems to be where I've drifted towards post lockdown. Decent ale, good separation of tables, doesn't get overly crowded.
They also have Trappistes Rochefort 10 which is a cracking little bottle of beer, albeit one to savour and I mean just one given it's around 11%. My girlfriend also loves the Rhubarb Milkshake Pale Ale they've got on at the moment.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2340 on: July 19, 2021, 04:01:23 pm »

I was in there last Wednesday afternoon with a couple of pints of Moonshine Pale Ale. Lovely.

Online jack witham

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2341 on: August 2, 2021, 12:59:22 pm »
I dont know if many match going reds off here go but
All Saints club in Oakfield road is up for sale.
Only survived as long as it did because of the football, another of my watering holes gone.
Been going there for over 40 years plenty of reds from all over the country will be sad to see it go.
Form is temporary,Class is permanent.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2342 on: August 2, 2021, 01:11:00 pm »
Only survived as long as it did because of the football, another of my watering holes gone.
Been going there for over 40 years plenty of reds from all over the country will be sad to see it go.

Used to park there all the time and nip in for the odd pint before/after games. Imagine it'll end up as houses  :(

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2343 on: August 19, 2021, 12:27:04 pm »
The Cali is back open .

Yippeeeee !!!!!
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2344 on: August 19, 2021, 06:56:10 pm »

huge shame that ....started going there post-match after the (still much missed) Little Solly was bulldozed....mainly go The Church now, but All Saints was always a good backup.....not sure if The Old Barn around the corner still going?...one of those off the grid boozers you never know is open or closed...ditto The Midden
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2345 on: August 25, 2021, 06:13:46 pm »
Dunno about the Midden, but THe Old Barn was open first game.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #2346 on: August 31, 2021, 08:12:05 pm »
An expensive but full of theater, 2 hours was had in Alchemist. If you mosey on by there, try the Caramalised Rum punch. Dear lord what a drink.

The Biblical One at 22 notes - being a thing of theater and cough medicine beauty, all in one; you won't be disappointed with.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2347 on: August 31, 2021, 08:47:16 pm »
Dunno about the Midden, but THe Old Barn was open first game.

cheers Richie ....great that the Barn's still going
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2348 on: September 1, 2021, 07:18:13 am »
On the pre match pint theme, I used to live just off Stanley road near Sandhills and used to walk up for the game. We'd often have a pint and meet in the pansie (it had a different name but can't remember).

That shut a while back and there was an old disused building by the zebra crossing where Lambeth Road met Smith St, we always used to say it would be ideal as a pub.

Apparently a year ago someone had the same idea. Hopefully they have enough none match day business to keep them going.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2349 on: September 1, 2021, 10:53:03 am »
So I took my son to the Ossasuna friendly earlier in the month for his first game at Anfield, my sister also took her family as both her husband and son are Liverpool fans. It was the first time I’d been to Liverpool for a few years so we decided to stay for three days and do all the tourist stuff like The Beatles tour/museum.

I must say we had an amazing few days, everyone was really helpful and friendly. We stayed at the Travelodge at John Lennon airport and the bus drivers were fantastic at making sure we got off at the correct stop.

We had such a good time we’ve all decided to go back again next year to do all the stuff we ran out of time for. Our plan is to go in April on the same weekend as the Everton game and stay at the Premier Inn at Albert Dock and watch the game in a bar.

My question is what are the bars like in the city centre for the derby? We’ll be taking our 14-year old boys so we’d need somewhere that isn’t too rowdy. When we were there last time we went to a bar called ‘The Long Shot’ which seemed perfect, anyone been in there on derby day before?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2350 on: September 1, 2021, 02:18:06 pm »
there was an old disused building by the zebra crossing where Lambeth Road met Smith St, we always used to say it would be ideal as a pub.

Apparently a year ago someone had the same idea. Hopefully they have enough none match day business to keep them going.

The Phoenix?...i heard it was opening again

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2351 on: September 1, 2021, 02:19:37 pm »
The Phoenix?...i heard it was opening again

I didn't realise it was an old pub. Yeah, it's been open a year apparently

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #2352 on: September 1, 2021, 02:52:09 pm »

We ended up in here at the weekend. First time i've been, but agree with everything you've said there - very good selection, good service, and not too packed at all.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2353 on: September 1, 2021, 02:56:03 pm »
I didn't realise it was an old pub. Yeah, it's been open a year apparently

cheers for the heads-up mate...It's not far from where I work, so i'll be checking that out when I'm back in again!

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2354 on: September 1, 2021, 03:01:31 pm »

cheers for the heads-up mate...It's not far from where I work, so i'll be checking that out when I'm back in again!

We went in before the Osasuna game. Looked a lot busier on the walk down after the Chelsea game.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2355 on: September 2, 2021, 01:05:53 pm »
I see Hannah's on Leece Street has closed for good, announced out the blue the other day.

Bit disappointed, it wasn't a bad place, big enough to chill with ya mates, in fact I was only in there the other week.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2356 on: September 2, 2021, 01:17:25 pm »
CrossKeys isn’t far from there and is a lot more relaxed than watching it somewhere further in town. You’d need to book a table ahead of time though.

Otherwise you’ve got Jurgens on the Strand (that gets busy, not sure if you can book) but will be mostly Liverpool fans.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2357 on: September 3, 2021, 10:42:57 am »
According to the article in the Echo, Hannah's has been sold. I wonder if it's going to be another bar, or as is usual in this city, bulldozed for something else.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2358 on: September 3, 2021, 10:45:10 am »
According to the article in the Echo, Hannah's has been sold. I wonder if it's going to be another bar, or as is usual in this city, bulldozed for something else.

Student flats possibly...

I mean isn't everything being turned into student flats?

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2359 on: September 3, 2021, 11:20:48 am »
Shame that, used to love Friday afternoons in Hannah's straight from work ...ideal location for a bar - but sadly I think we can guess what happens next