Author Topic: Champions of England All Time XI Draft Sign Up Thread  (Read 33551 times)

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Champions of England All Time XI Draft Sign Up Thread
« Reply #720 on: July 8, 2020, 08:12:40 am »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #721 on: July 8, 2020, 08:20:19 am »
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #722 on: July 8, 2020, 09:06:49 am »
:champ :scarf :scarf :champ

Well played, Vishy! Good to see someone with the balls to take a gamble  :thumbup
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #724 on: July 8, 2020, 09:17:22 am »

Need to wait for Claus on this one as there could be two players with the same name!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: July 8, 2020, 09:17:23 am »
It’ll be fucking Konchesky but fuck it.....do it
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #726 on: July 8, 2020, 09:19:09 am »
Need to wait for Claus on this one as there could be two players with the same name!
it's a no then, i don't want Alan Smith ;)

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #727 on: July 8, 2020, 09:22:51 am »
it's a no then, i don't want Alan Smith ;)

It's not Smith  ;)

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #728 on: July 8, 2020, 09:23:34 am »
It’ll be fucking Konchesky but fuck it.....do it

Apparently I have to ask who you're swapping out first?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: July 8, 2020, 09:24:45 am »
Le Saux  :wave

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #730 on: July 8, 2020, 09:28:10 am »
Le Saux  :wave

Congratulations, you now own....

Spoiler

Stuart Pearce
[close]

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #731 on: July 8, 2020, 09:30:38 am »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #732 on: July 8, 2020, 09:32:55 am »

I'd call it an upgrade, mate. Definitely better than Konchesky or Traore ;D

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: July 8, 2020, 09:44:19 am »
Yep, that's an upgrade

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: July 8, 2020, 09:44:51 am »

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: July 8, 2020, 09:46:19 am »
I'd call it an upgrade, mate. Definitely better than Konchesky or Traore ;D

Certainly looks better with the Forest left side partnership.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #736 on: July 8, 2020, 09:46:59 am »
Pearce is definitely an upgrade, good choice to swap.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: July 8, 2020, 09:47:23 am »

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #738 on: July 8, 2020, 10:19:50 am »
Sure, what would you like? And what colors haha

Diamond with Mackay deep and Bergkamp dropped back from strikers. Cherry and Azpili slightly pushed up to show width. Stripes of some kind would be lovely
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #739 on: July 8, 2020, 10:21:03 am »

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #740 on: July 8, 2020, 10:27:22 am »
Can we pick the rest of Flash’s side? ;D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #742 on: July 8, 2020, 10:51:48 am »
Can we pick the rest of Flash’s side? ;D

Gerard Pique would be my pick for him
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #744 on: July 8, 2020, 11:08:40 am »

I was laughing my ass off after all the fuss you made about positional set up  :D  Sure, Henry can play out there. But this is the guy you should've built your whole team around.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #745 on: July 8, 2020, 11:09:44 am »
Nah

You passed up on

Spoiler

Dan Petrescu
[close]

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #746 on: July 8, 2020, 11:19:21 am »
I'm gonna be up for a few hours but assuming these picks aren't all in by the time I go to bed, Betty has them. Assuming he's around it should be dusted by the time I get up

Two numbers left. Who hasn't taken theirs yet?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #747 on: July 8, 2020, 11:21:30 am »

Uh... I'm happy to pick again.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: July 8, 2020, 11:34:02 am »
I was laughing my ass off after all the fuss you made about positional set up  :D  Sure, Henry can play out there. But this is the guy you should've built your whole team around.
he played there for arsenal, played there for barca, he even played wide on the right for france in younger days and featured there for Juve

he's pretty much always been a wide forward coming in mainly from the left, similar to Salah but other side and like Salah not so much focus on defensive duties (unlike a Mane who has slightly more defensive duty)

this is nonsense and you know it

2009 CL Final

« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 11:46:37 am by RobbieRedman »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #749 on: July 8, 2020, 12:04:12 pm »
he played there for arsenal, played there for barca, he even played wide on the right for france in younger days and featured there for Juve

he's pretty much always been a wide forward coming in mainly from the left, similar to Salah but other side and like Salah not so much focus on defensive duties (unlike a Mane who has slightly more defensive duty)

this is nonsense and you know it

I don't know if you're too young to have watched him play at his peak, but he really really hasn't 'always been a wide forward'. You have it the wrong way round.

Quoting his Juve days is grasping at straws at best as he was mostly considered a flop playing in the exact position you have him in. It was at Arsenal where Wenger moved him off the left and played him at centre forward, allowing him the freedom to drift to the left and score goals from all over the shop, but focusing all his play down the middle. That's where he played his best football over this period. His best form was also alongside an SS or creative 10 for Arsenal and France - see Bergkamp and Zidane. Van Persie was an odd pick to make, as neither really formed that much of a partnership together at the time. Wenger rightfully had Henry as the main man at CF with Van Persie coming off the bench or occasionally the two up top, him chipping in the odd goal where he could. If anything you should be pushing Van Persie wide to accommodate a far superior striker in Henry.

Salah and Henry are very very different players. Maybe similar on the surface, but Salah cannot hold a front line the way Henry could. Henry was an infinitely better goalscorer than Salah as well to be quite honest. Far more consistent too. The man was an absolute machine at his peak and you shunting him off to the left is a waste. Like I say, he can play off the left (he mostly did at Barca - though I'm only judging players on their time in England), but that not his best position. Saying otherwise is simply untrue. You should be focusing your whole attack on your best player.

France fan here who watched his debut in blue and has followed his career ever since. Probably one of my favourite non-Liverpool players ever.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: July 8, 2020, 12:08:43 pm »
yeah well I see the guy play about 5 times in flesh and he always ventured in from the left when I saw him

👍

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #751 on: July 8, 2020, 12:14:52 pm »
yeah well I see the guy play about 5 times in flesh and he always ventured in from the left when I saw him

👍

Yes, he ventured in from the left, he didn't start on the left at Arsenal. He was a central striker who was given incredible license to roam and became the most lethal striker in Premier League history. He only switched to left forward at Barca to accommodate Messi. If you had Messi up top I'd be cool with it, but this is an English league draft in any case and his time at Barca means jot.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #752 on: July 8, 2020, 12:21:15 pm »
Yeah....you’ve got to be playing Henry central

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #753 on: July 8, 2020, 12:28:20 pm »

I’m gonna guess it’s Vish and Flash  ;D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #754 on: July 8, 2020, 12:36:58 pm »
It's Robbies team and he can play Henry where the fuck he likes as long as he justifies it. It's up to voters if they are having it or not. Putting a static formation up always has its problems. I've had this before. One or two sounding a bit condescending in their views. For me, Henry never had a set position, he was just upfront, with licence to roam and find space to hurt the opposition, as he did to us....a lot!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #755 on: July 8, 2020, 12:47:53 pm »
It's Robbies team and he can play Henry where the fuck he likes as long as he justifies it. It's up to voters if they are having it or not. Putting a static formation up always has its problems. I've had this before. One or two sounding a bit condescending in their views. For me, Henry never had a set position, he was just upfront, with licence to roam and find space to hurt the opposition, as he did to us....a lot!

I'm with Betty on this one, if you're saying Henry isn't actually playing as a left forward, then who is tracking the right fullback when they attack?  He really should be the focal point of the attack, then it's clearer that he's got licence to roam.  At Arsenal he definitely played as centre forward and then drifted left now and then.

But... I also agree with you on the limitations of the formations, not much we can do about that though.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #756 on: July 8, 2020, 12:52:58 pm »

Indeed, Robbie can do whatever he wants. I'm only offering my opinion based on a player I loved to watch. A lot in here are asking for more analysis in these drafts. So let's not try to put people off adding more conversation the moment we get into it.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: July 8, 2020, 12:56:33 pm »
all this just because i offered help to Elzar & DeFacto, without being a twat just being helpful and complimentary in fact

Thanks Bobby, appreciate you explaining that 👍

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #758 on: July 8, 2020, 01:05:08 pm »
all this just because i offered help to Elzar & DeFacto, without being a twat just being helpful and complimentary in fact

Thanks Bobby, appreciate you explaining that 👍

It's just discussion, mate. No-one's being a twat. If anything you calling my view nonsense was the most twattish thing posted. But I didn't take it personally. I just wanted to offer my opinion that Henry is out of position in an English league draft. I enjoy analysing football and if I put my views across strongly it's because I'm very passionate about the subject. You offering your views on other teams had very little to do with it. I'd have picked on Henry out wide regardless.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: July 8, 2020, 01:15:37 pm »
no one is being a tw@t. You had an objective view on my side, I didn't have a problem with it, don't get your panties in a bunch. However playing Henry on the left IN FAVOR OF VAN PERSIE [who btw also actually played the start of his Arsenal career on the the left ] is daft. Of course he ventured on the left during a match, hell numerous players who were forwards ventured to their favored side, but that doesn't mean you play him as a winger in favor of a inferior center forward in Van persie [who was a fantastic striker but clearly not on Henry's level]

He is half the player in that position than he is centrally, his career shows that.

You can do what you like obviously, but if you are offering your views on someone elses side, why are you getting upset when the same is done with yours?