Author Topic: A Message to John Henry  (Read 120136 times)

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: A Message to John Henry
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2010, 11:17:11 am »
I thought seeing Meireles pushed to the right once again was the final straw for me, but when he brought Joe Cole on and put him in the middle and pushed Gerrard wide right it pretty much ended any slight hope I had that Hodgson could make a go of it here.

Shocking.

Signed.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2010, 11:17:21 am »
How shit is it that it's come to this?

We didn't do this lightly. It's a measure of how deep in the shit we are.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2010, 11:17:33 am »
There is a Fowler.
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline SpionLikeALionInZion

• Anny Roader
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2010, 11:17:56 am »
Sorry mods but I dont agree with what you've done there at all.

I want Hodgson gone as much as the next fan but for this famous website to start a thread addressed to John Henry is pretty fucking low. I understand things have got desperate but its not what this forum is about.

You know full well he will read it and you are almost demanding they sack Hodgson.

Let them do their jobs.
XBox Gamertag: ChickenShizzle

Halo: Reach

Offline AhmedAlonso14

• Anny Roader
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2010, 11:19:00 am »
Signed

Start walking Roy

Offline KK77

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2010, 11:19:12 am »
I am an unabashed lurker as other posters say what i want to say far more articulately than i ever could.
However,i feel i must add my support to this from the heart plea to our owners...please act now, the summer
will be too late.Roy is out of his depth.

signed

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2010, 11:19:37 am »
The OP while well intentioned is not bloody good enough, sorry.

It's all very well telling them to fire Roy; I'm sure they'd bloody love to - they're not daft, they said in the LFCTV interview weeks ago that results were unaccpetable & they've got worse since then. They will know we are restless.

FSG/NESV are bright men, wealthy men, used to making important decisions. However, in the past when faced with an important decision they've had a knowledge of the environment they're operating in; in this case though they don't have that knowledge (& probably have doubts about who they should listen to) & because of this they can't make a plan on how to make things better than they are at the moment.

Accordingly the main problem, as I see it, is that they still have no fucking clue about the game, they admitted as much themselves when they took over & they said they'd learn as fast as they could. However, they didn't foresee the situation where RH's position became untenable so quickly & they haven't learned about the game quickly enough to give them the networks & knowledge of how to retrieve this situation.

I remember, years ago a bloke I worked for asked me to bring him solutions not problems. It's a cheap line in many ways but in this case it's 100% appropriate; they need our guidance & this is why the OP doesn't go far enough. We need to present them with a solution. Not a list of what we don't want (O'Neill, Allardyce etc...) but a proper list of deeply suitable candidates with proper reasons as to their suitability that goes much, much further than Rafa Benitez.

It would need to detail, win ratio's, a cost/benefit analysis of each managers transfer dealings by comparison with other people in the same league. We'd need to age profile them (illegal I know but we need someone with time infront of them), it's need all that and a whole pile more that I can't think of when I'm supposed to be working...

If anyone has got the time to detail a way to critically evaluate, in an non-emotional way, the characteristics & personality traits, the successes & demonstrations of those successes I'd be mega grateful.

As no doubt would our owners.
@ManifoldReasons

Pheeny

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2010, 11:19:45 am »

I want Hodgson gone as much as the next fan but for this famous website to start a thread addressed to John Henry is pretty fucking low. I understand things have got desperate but its not what this forum is about.

You know full well he will read it and you are almost demanding they sack Hodgson.

Let them do their jobs.
see you next year in the Championship then.

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2010, 11:20:07 am »
Signed .
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2010, 11:20:31 am »
Heartbreaking mate, and i honestly mean that, what makes it worse is those who have met Roy seem to think he is a nice bloke.

And he is probably trying his best, sadly its not good enough, and his ineptitude with interviews has just made things worse.

Big myth that. I think he seems a horrible lying bastard myself.

Yeah, I just mean actually seeing the official line of a huge LFC site calling for the head of a manager, and there being universal agreement.

Awful
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2010, 11:20:38 am »

Let them do their jobs.
Fair enough, that's your opinion. But as you can probably tell it's not one that's shared by the majority on here, and indeed it seem by the really important ones, the match going fans.

I applaud this well written letter, sums up my feelings on the matter, sums them up a lot more than just booing or chanting hodgson for england.

We need action and we need it now.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2010, 11:21:35 am »
Mr Henry you need to act very very quick otherwise forget what you did with the red socks you will own a team playing in front of 30k a week and not in the premiership I might add and shitting yourself about getting a return on your investment after all you never bought the club for the love of LFC ! You bought it to make money
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2010, 11:21:45 am »

Let them do their jobs.

its time we said it out loud and by using a top fans site is a top way to do it. fucked if i wanna sit this close to relegation and still have that man in charge.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline neutron

• Anny Roader
  • Used to be 6 bob to get in...yadder, yadder
    • The Phil Newton Website
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2010, 11:22:02 am »
...speaking as a fan since 1966, I can only praise the RAWK editors for this and say, most definitely, SIGNED.

Offline tinner777

• give me some sugar
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2010, 11:22:12 am »
signed

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2010, 11:22:24 am »

Let them do their jobs.

What is a million times worse than this thread, is a managing director picking up news[papers and sacking/appointing persons based upon the media hyperbole that is printed.

I am an unabashed lurker as other posters say what i want to say far more articulately than i ever could.
However,i feel i must add my support to this from the heart plea to our owners...please act now, the summer
will be too late.Roy is out of his depth.

signed

Similar here, the man can not be allowed to spend money in January, or rake it in by the sale of assets.
Insua, Aquilani must be retrieved, and the likes Lucas, Agger, Reina kept at all costs.

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2010, 11:22:33 am »

Let them do their jobs.

I sort of agree.

The job of sacking and appointing the next manager is surely the role of the new CEO whoever that may be.  It's easy to say sack Hodgson and put Dalglish there until the end of the season - but is that fair on Kenny?

They have asked for time and trust - and as much as I want rid of Roy - that's what I am going to give them.

Offline The Jackal

• GENESIS 1:1
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent...
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2010, 11:23:50 am »
Signed.
Blanco y en botella. Es leche, no?

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2010, 11:25:29 am »

It feels absolutely rotten that it has come to this.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2010, 11:25:39 am »

Let them do their jobs.

We're not almost demanding, we are demanding they sack Hodgson. And no offence but I think we understand what this site is all about.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2010, 11:25:45 am »
Quote from: Alan_F link=topic=268247.msg7897461#msg7897461 date=

Completely agree. The indicator was the first 45 minutes last night. Virtual silence at Anfield and we weren't even losing at that point.

It's as if as a collective unit we are too "polite" to really voice our concerns.

Roy, if anything, has had a very easy ride so far.

Please go Roy.

Now.
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #181 on: December 30, 2010, 11:25:46 am »
I sort of agree.

The job of sacking and appointing the next manager is surely the role of the new CEO whoever that may be.  It's easy to say sack Hodgson and put Dalglish there until the end of the season - but is that fair on Kenny?

They have asked for time and trust - and as much as I want rid of Roy - that's what I am going to give them.

And whilst we wait for a new C.E.O. we have a manager who's crossed the line with the latest in his long list of comments - his time is up NOW, we can't afford to wait, unless of course you fancy travelling to Championship grounds.

"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline 5starLfc

• Anny Roader
  • Expedition to the summit. Success or failure?
« Reply #182 on: December 30, 2010, 11:26:00 am »
Signed. NESV MUST act. We can only hope the delay is because they are lining up a replacement.

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2010, 11:26:55 am »

Seriously cant believe it has come to this, but it has and in record time.

Great letter though 'editor'.  We cant accept anymore of this shite.

Offline AKABillyGee

• AKA Le Pétomane... hasn't read the rules
  • Main Stander
  • Being suspicious served me well
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2010, 11:27:10 am »
If NESV want to see their investment value plummet as LFC head to the Championship then keep him. If NESV want an appreciating asset and success on the field sack him now.

Signed.

Offline Calvinnn

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • The king will return us to glory
« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:07 am »
probably a shit source but according to his Hodge will get the sack and Rijkaard will be in within the next 48 hrs..

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/12/30/liverpool-set-to-sack-roy-hodgson-and-turn-to-frank-rijkaard-within-days/
"For a Dane, it's about having respect for the club you play at. I am proud to be able to pull on my Liverpool jersey, and will never go to another club in England. I will never go to play for Manchester United or Everton. It's about a form of respect for the club." - Daniel Agger

Offline Rafasacolytereturns

• Main Stander
  • Pray's at the altar of our lord, the father Robbie
« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:16 am »
Spion,

I have to disagree with you mate, we as fans want to be collectively heard by the board and  have our collective thoughts and feelings taken into account by the people in charge at our club, it's probably the number one goal for all our fans, hence groups like Share Liverpool and SOS still being in existence and actively working towards getting a say (however small) on how the club is run based on the desires of the fans.

So collective statements like this are the next best thing if you ask me.

Individual comments tweeted to John Henry add little value but I think the mods have their "finger on rawks pulse" so to speak and a collective statement which Im willing to bet over 99% of all RAWK users will concur with, has a lot more weight than one or two individuals tweeting a few off hand comments to John Henry and others which will undoubtably happen
We where spoiled under Benitez.....too many fans had grown fat feasting on his rich offerings...convincingly beating the likes of Real Madrid, Inter and AC Milan,  Juventus and Barcelona....we started to expect these kinds of victories as standard... and like spoilt brats, when things started to go wrong, we threw our toys out the pram.

Offline Joe_Singh

• Legacy Fan
  • My idea is always to win trophies, not just games
    • Joe Singh
« Reply #187 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:26 am »
Signed
What I love about this, and several other of Kenny's press conferences, is that he manages to say something to the effect of  'Shut the fuck up, you fucking helmets and don't fuck with me or my football club or I'll make you eat your own balls', without actually using th

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:41 am »
And whilst we wait for a new C.E.O. we have a manager who's crossed the line with the latest in his long list of comments - his time is up NOW, we can't afford to wait, unless of course you fancy travelling to Championship grounds.

I agree - I want him gone.  I am not defending Roy.

Read this RAWK statement again.  It says Sack Hodgson - that's easy to say - it makes no mention of what should happen next, and that is the most important part of the problem going forward as far as I'm concerned.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2010, 11:28:46 am »

Total sickener. We've been debating this for weeks, but it still feels very strange to call for the head of the manager. Strange days. But serious times. JWH and his NESV pals have just shelled out £300m+ on a Club sucked into a relegation fight. They are staring into an abyss, I hope and pray that they show better and more decisive judgement than they have indicated thus far.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2010, 11:30:49 am »
probably a shit source but according to his Hodge will get the sack and Rijkaard will be in within the next 48 hrs..

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/12/30/liverpool-set-to-sack-roy-hodgson-and-turn-to-frank-rijkaard-within-days/

Hopefully not true, not from the retaining Roy for longer aspect but simply that Rikaard would not be a great choice. Still...better than Roy ;)

Offline Zverko

• Kopite
  • keep it simple stupid
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2010, 11:30:49 am »
Agreed.
The King: "The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here"

Offline Danish_Kop

• Kemlynite
  • All you need is Love! Liverpool F.C
« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2010, 11:30:52 am »
Liverpool fans around the world all what the same!
Warthog Hodgson need to leave!

I’m so pissed off; that it’s hard for me to concentrate on my job, and the new years party coming up.

All I what for the New Year, is a new fresh start under a new manager! (King Kenny!, even Mølby would do ;)

Happy New Year all Liverpool brothers and sisters!       
Jan Mølby! The Danish scouser - YNWA

Offline Eileen

• Industries
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2010, 11:31:11 am »
Signed
Twitter: http://twitter.com/Eileen___
If you can speak Klingon just take your own life. It's too late for you. You can't unlearn that shit.

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #194 on: December 30, 2010, 11:31:34 am »

Let them do their jobs.

I support what RAWk are doing 100%   

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
« Reply #195 on: December 30, 2010, 11:31:58 am »
Totally agree

Offline PILLSBURY069

• Kopite
« Reply #196 on: December 30, 2010, 11:32:19 am »
Only a few days ago I called for patience believing that nesv were just biding their time whilst they find the right replacement but last night was disgusting, no I dont mean the result, I actually expected to lose last night, no I mean the criticism of the fans, the same fans who gave such an amazing recognition of two former servants of our club. How dare this man turn on those same fans? Liverpool fans have a reputation for patience and a great knowledge of the game but they have had enough and this man must go.

I thought the images of Comolli during the second half were quite telling last night, here was a man who was frustrated beyond words, Im sure he will pass the message on to our owners and they will get it. I do think there needs to be a concerted effort,not only from this site but others too, I am not a member of SOS but surely their membership can be mobilised into action on this too.

I apologise for my earlier call for patience ,I was wrong.
Who ate all the pies?????? I DID!!!!!!!!!!

Offline sirjames

• The Manly Eunuch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 30, 2010, 11:32:20 am »
signed
If we win, its normal because were Liverpool Football Club
Rafa  25/1/05

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 30, 2010, 11:32:39 am »

No no no no no no.
Can't handle strong players.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: December 30, 2010, 11:33:24 am »
Signed.
@paulair