Author Topic: Bascombe Story - let's wait for confirmation before discussing it ok?  (Read 149133 times)

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
Re: Bascombe Story - let's wait for confirmation before discussing it ok?
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2012, 01:00:56 pm »
No-one knows what the stadium is going to look like, love how many of us seem to think we know what Henry, Werner, Ayre are up to.  Wait until the club officially announce something for goodness sake, Bascombe used to work for the Sunday S*n, remember that people...
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 01:02:13 pm »
Exactly how many generic bowls are up and down the country? And I might add that Barcelona and Arsenal seem to have done just fine with bowl stadiums.

Shit loads to be honest.

And Nou Camp has the history so could look however it wants as would still be a massive selling point.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 01:02:52 pm »
They will tweak the parry bowl to give it a single tier kop.

It will be a good stadium and wil work. We shouldn't be wishing for ridiculous stadia that we can't afford, anfield is special because if the fans, not the stadium
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 01:06:51 pm »
The Parry Bowl is fucking awful. As are just about all bowl stadia.

It'd be a massive compromise if we ended up with that boring, generic shite.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 01:07:59 pm »
They will tweak the parry bowl to give it a single tier kop.

It will be a good stadium and wil work. We shouldn't be wishing for ridiculous stadia that we can't afford, anfield is special because if the fans, not the stadium

You obviously haven't been much recently.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2012, 01:10:42 pm »
Yes it was AFL's revised design for the invited competition with HKS. Gillett preferred it (I was told at the time) but Hicks wanted HKS even though it was more expensive.

Alan ... do you think that there is any indication in that the parry bowl is 'in progress' according to the AFL website, and the revised parry bowl is still a 'concept'? don't recall ever seeing parry bowl as 'in progress' before?

Offline Scud02

• Legacy Fan
  • They call me Mr Fake
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2012, 01:11:21 pm »
You obviously haven't been much recently.

Too many people worried about embarrassing themselves, maybe we will need a new start in a new ground in a new Kop to give ourselves a kick up the arse.
Spirit of Shankly Membership Number 4294, Reclaim the Kop!  The King's Men

Offline l12ngo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2012, 01:18:53 pm »
Gutted if we go back to the original design. It looked tacky when I first saw it years back and after trawling the net looking at several other great stadias around the world since that initial first glimpse I'm even more disappointed.

I was in the camp thinking we should move but surely there's little point in spending hundreds of millions for a slighter bigger stadium which is a cheap knockoff of countless big bowl stadiums found everywhere.

Baffling decision for me. What next? Stick a running track around it to keep the fans away from the pitch?

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 01:20:43 pm »
We've already waited this long, why not make things right?

A decision has to be made at some point, I mean I can remember the new ground/redevelop Anfield debate happening in the 90's and the club trying to buy up the houses around Anfield.  Every year that passes we fall that step further behind clubs with bigger grounds.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012, 01:23:33 pm »
Im not sure why people keep spouting 3yrs to get a new design passed so therefore having to go with either the original AFL one or the HKS one.

Hicks and Gillett submitted their plans in the July and it was passed before the end of the year, in fact it was passed in something like October/early November.

The council want a new stadium over a redev, that much is clear. They will be accommodating, and have proved that already, to a redesign or big changes as long as they fall within their criteria.

Also, this BS about the AFL planning not lapsed because of work started - the original design was passed by planning in 2003. Hicks and Gillett had the 'spade in the ground' in late 2007 at best, if not early 2008. So the only argument you could have is that the HKS planning hasnt lapsed not the AFL one which would of before what little work has been done started.

The modified design went through because there was goodwill with the council - that no longer exists and the council would play it by the book.

The original AFL scheme was passed under the old planning laws which gave five years from approval to start work. The current legislation only gives three years from approval and that was what the HKS scheme was passed under - hence the extension from the council.

As I've said before, the definition of what constitutes commencement is quite modest some demolition, a bit of groundworks etc, and once work has commenced the planning permission is secured.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline capt_methane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #50 on: January 17, 2012, 01:26:35 pm »
The modified design went through because there was goodwill with the council - that no longer exists and the council would play it by the book.

The original AFL scheme was passed under the old planning laws which gave five years from approval to start work. The current legislation only gives three years from approval and that was what the HKS scheme was passed under - hence the extension from the council.

As I've said before, the definition of what constitutes commencement is quite modest some demolition, a bit of groundworks etc, and once work has commenced the planning permission is secured.

Exactly, there is no absolue of what constitutes commencement, this can range from being half built to a simple bit of concrete hard standing or drainage works.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2012, 01:26:59 pm »
We've already waited this long, why not make things right?

If it's true its a decision that very much benefits the owners.

The move to a new stadium is a huge thing. This will be the club's home for the next however many decades. It should be special, unique, bespoke and say something about us as a club.

The Parry bowl is anything but.

But it allows work to commence quickly and more bums on seats much sooner then the alternative it seems.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #52 on: January 17, 2012, 01:29:24 pm »
Never been a fan of the Parry bowl. I dont like it and never will.

The design is 9 years old and i dont care how many tweaks they make it cant change that much withour re submitting planning permission. Add the three years or so to build from todays date and we end up with a 12 year old stadium design.

I cant get my head round this if true.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2012, 01:31:28 pm »
Shit loads to be honest.

And Nou Camp has the history so could look however it wants as would still be a massive selling point.

A handful of PL sides is the answer. There are more stadiums/clubs outside the PL you know. As for the Emirates, I can only imagine people from here have never been. I have, it's a fine stadium (the atmosphere was shit at Highbury - the difference is in the Emirates you see the game from an excellent seat, rather than through a fucking tunnel like at Highbury).

Arsenal are also minting it at the minute (recent reports have them as one of the richest clubs in the world). No trophies, but that has fuck all to do with the stadium (and a lot to do with a manager who prefers potential rather than proven when he has the money for both.)

As to history, clubs and fans make history, not stadia. History occurs in the stadium. The Emirates, given time, will become lauded and loved like Highbury was. Any new stadium needs time to become a home for a club. The same with Liverpool, no matter how good the new stadium is, it will feel weird for a while.

But to say that they shouldn't move to a far better stadium (anyone who has been to Anfield will know what I'm talking about when I say metal fucking girders and seats for midgets) because its a bit generic (how fucking generic is Anfield? A hundred look-a-like stadiums up and down the country. Do you think when they were building Anfield they gave a single thought to how people would view it in a hundred years? No, cost and functionality were the driving motives then, as they are now) is like s fella in a niteclub turning down a dance with a pretty girl because he's hoping some mythical super model will stroll through the door.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2012, 01:31:49 pm »
I'd rather stay at Anfield.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2012, 01:46:24 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9020351/Liverpool-look-to-end-legacy-of-false-promises-over-new-stadium-but-finance-remains-the-stumbling-block.html

It is not meant to be like this. Lavish new stadium plans, supposedly the catalyst for regeneration of one of the poorest areas of Britain, have stalled for over ten years.
While Liverpool FC's home plays hosts to its millionaire players and benefactors, its neighbours’ continue to wonder when the ageing promises will be kept.
Fenway Sports Group were left a shambolic inheritance by their predecessors, and if they underestimated the scale of the problem when they bought the club they are still coming to terms with it.
It was as far back as 2000 when Liverpool announced intentions to move to Stanley Park and committed itself to improving the surrounding areas. It is eight years since Liverpool City Council first granted them permission to do so.
The aspiration then was to move by 2007. Five years ago, a second planning application by ex-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr was also given the go-ahead.

Liverpool’s new owners are eager to end the legacy of false promises but are still unable to offer any timescale to residents or supporters as to when work can begin. They’ve avoided making any pledges of their own since day one.
By adopting the original, 2003 architects designs of Manchester-based AFL, they have at least ensured, technically, Liverpool could start constructing a new arena on Stanley Park tomorrow morning if the money was there. There is at least a promise, of sorts, to cling onto.
Liverpool supporters less than impressed with the favouring of the older plans need a reality check. Too many jump to the wrong conclusions based on a photograph. Any lack of enthusiasm would be churlish given the saga the club and residents have endured and dire need for a practical solution.
A new stadium is essential for the club and the surrounding area for a multitude of reasons, and although FSG must stick to the dimensions they’ve been given when they eventually build it, there is still plenty of scope to make it modern, unique and worthy of its association with Liverpool.
The problem for FSG is they’ve always been limited to one of the two designs for which the council granted planning permission. The AFL design with planning permission was dismissed by Hicks. A second AFL design in 2006 was also rejected by the Texan and never submitted to planners. His vision, championed by Dallas architects HKS, had an estimated cost of £400m three years ago and has been rising ever since.
Although the council gave it the green light, among its many flaws are 200 executive boxes covering two tiers of the stadium. Try filling them outside of London.
A spade did go into the turf of Stanley Park, ensuring that technically work began and the planning permission on both schemes has still not run out. That has bought the new owners time.
John W. Henry decided upon taking over Anfield he’d rather redevelop the existing ground. Liverpool fans cheered, but residents and city councillors did not join the applause.
Feasibility studies have focused purely on the architecture suggested redeveloping Anfield would be cheaper, while universally more popular among Liverpool fans. Another tier on the Anfield Road and Main Stand could extend the stadium to 60,000.
To suggest those plans encountered an obstacle would be an understatement. Think of several Olympic steeplechases and a few Grand Nationals and you may begin to brush the surface the hurdles FSG have been faced with.
Firstly, Liverpool City Council do not want Liverpool to stay put. They have maintained a firm position they want the move to Stanley Park and commitments to assist regeneration of Anfield to go ahead.
They still regularly float the idea of a groundshare on the park with Everton, and had Liverpool tried to pursue another new set of plans they’d undoubtedly be under more pressure to negotiate with the Goodison hierarchy.
Whatever the logical arguments are for this, they are repelled by severe emotional resistance and a brutal economic fact. Liverpool can afford to pay for half a new stadium. Everton cannot, unless they’re prepared to accept a tenancy (they have made it clear they never will).
Extending the current ground also has severe geographical disadvantages.
The terraced streets of Lothair Road, Alroy Road, Rockfield Road and on Anfield Road – referred to as the 'Rockfield Triangle' – are directly behind Liverpool's Main Stand. It is here where you will encounter the worst conditions, with ‘tinned up’ properties which have been empty for years.
For Liverpool to rebuild they will need most of these properties demolished, and that goes against a pledge to retain and renovate all the dwellings made by the council in their own redevelopment plans.
Liverpool could try to buy all the properties in vicinity themselves, but this brought more problems.
The cost of entering private negotiations with each home-owner or landlord is incalculable in terms of price and time.
One solution was the compulsory purchase of the properties by Liverpool City Council, but they have no wish to pursue this and it would be subject to a legal challenge if they tried to.
So Liverpool find themselves back where they were in 2004, when ex-Chairman David Moores decided to sell the club. They have the AFL stadium design and the permission to build it.
Now they just need the money.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 01:48:59 pm by shelovesyou »
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2012, 02:02:07 pm »
AFL designed Melwood as well. Didn realise that.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline gorgepir

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2012, 02:07:31 pm »
Can someone please enlighten me as why it is Liverpool FCs responsibility to regenerate the area from their own money and not Liverpool council? And if this is true, why are they the one making the demands and not us.

I just can't understand the logic here.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2012, 02:36:47 pm »
Can someone please enlighten me as why it is Liverpool FCs responsibility to regenerate the area from their own money and not Liverpool council? And if this is true, why are they the one making the demands and not us.

From what I recall, it was a sweetener to make the Council approve plans which they may otherwise have knocked back.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2012, 02:42:03 pm »
Does anybody know whether theoretically a single tiered Kop could be incorporated into the 2003 designs and still fit in with the original planning consent?

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2012, 02:45:00 pm »

So the new design which according to AFL can be expanded to 72k has planning permission by the council and could be built by the club if they want to go with it?
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2012, 02:46:48 pm »
Arsenal is a prime example of failure. Look at the atmosphere at Emirates. They gave up their history for a new stadium and things didn't go any better.

The atmosphere at Highbury was equally shit, thats the fans not the stadium.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

royhendo

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2012, 02:50:16 pm »
Does anybody know whether theoretically a single tiered Kop could be incorporated into the 2003 designs and still fit in with the original planning consent?

Already incorporated in the revised design mate - 18,500 seater single tier Kop.
http://aflarch.demonweb.co.uk/projects.php?action=showProject&catID=43&projectID=227

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2012, 02:53:59 pm »
Already incorporated in the revised design mate - 18,500 seater single tier Kop.
http://aflarch.demonweb.co.uk/projects.php?action=showProject&catID=43&projectID=227

I know of the revised design but does that design fit within the planning consent that the club obtained in 2003?

Offline lego

• my ego
  • No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2012, 02:57:07 pm »
afl-uk.com is the correct site for AFL

http://www.afl-uk.com/downloads/sports.pdf

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2012, 02:57:47 pm »
I know of the revised design but does that design fit within the planning consent that the club obtained in 2003?

Alan reckons so

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2012, 03:01:33 pm »
Alan reckons so

I might be wrong but I don't think Alan says that at all. It reads to me as if he's only commenting on the HKS design and the original AFL design, not the revised AFL design.

Online djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2012, 03:02:52 pm »
Alan reckons so

Alan was referring to the revised HKS scheme ie the Hicks design which got revised due to spiralling costs.

As far as I am aware, the original AFL design had no single tier Kop. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Offline Michaelanscombe

• Anny Roader
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2012, 03:08:42 pm »
I dont mind the second design as much as it would be a gut wrench to leave anfield i wouldnt really want to go to the original parry design. That said how many of us wouldnt go ?  not many.  I liked the HKS design myself, Totally unique nothing like it in the world.  Partner a stadium like that with Liverpool fc and there would be nothing like it in the world. 
Suarez is not a Racist

Offline BaZ87

• Anny Roader
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2012, 03:09:14 pm »
As far as I am aware, the original AFL design had no single tier Kop. Happy to be proven wrong though.

It didn't. If Bascombe is correct and we're having to work within the original planning consent obtained in 2003 then I suspect we won't be able to incorporate a single tier Kop. I'm no architect though so hopefully I'm wrong.

Online djschembri

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2012, 03:13:29 pm »
It didn't. If Bascombe is correct and we're having to work within the original planning consent obtained in 2003 then I suspect we won't be able to incorporate a single tier Kop. I'm no architect though so hopefully I'm wrong.

I don't think we will be building a new stadium without the Kop. We have too many people who understand what the Kop means to the club, to let a new stadium be built without a single tier Kop.

royhendo

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2012, 03:24:00 pm »
Not much point speculating about details really is there? We'll find out in the fullness of time.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2012, 03:57:31 pm »
(how fucking generic is Anfield? A hundred look-a-like stadiums up and down the country. Do you think when they were building Anfield they gave a single thought to how people would view it in a hundred years? No, cost and functionality were the driving motives then, as they are now) ...

Exactly - Anfield is one of a host of stadiums designed by Archibald Leitch. This is a list of the 'generic' stadiums he designed in part or completely:

Anfield, Liverpool
    Arsenal Stadium, Highbury, London
    Ayresome Park, Middlesbrough
    Bramall Lane, Sheffield
    Cardiff Arms Park, Cardiff
    Celtic Park, Glasgow
    Craven Cottage, Fulham, London
    Dalymount Park, Dublin
    Deepdale, Preston
    The Den, New Cross, London
    Dens Park, Dundee
    The Dell, Southampton
    Ewood Park, Blackburn
    The Double Decker stand (The Kop), Filbert Street, Leicester
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Goodison Park, Liverpool
    Hampden Park, Glasgow
    Home Park, Plymouth
    Ibrox Park, Glasgow
    Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield
    Lansdowne Road, Dublin
    Leeds Road, Huddersfield
    Molineux, Wolverhampton
    Old Trafford, Trafford, Greater Manchester
    Park Avenue, Bradford
    Roker Park, Sunderland
    Rugby Park, Kilmarnock
    Saltergate, Chesterfield
    Selhurst Park, South Norwood, London
    Somerset Park, Ayr
    Stamford Bridge, Walham Green, London
    Starks Park, Kirkcaldy
    Twickenham Stadium, Twickenham, London
    Tynecastle Stadium, Edinburgh
    Valley Parade, Bradford
    Villa Park, Birmingham
    West Ham Stadium, Custom House, London
    White Hart Lane, Tottenham, London
    Windsor Park, Belfast

"Leitch's stadiums were initially considered functional rather than aesthetically elegant, and were clearly influenced by his early work on industrial buildings. Typically, his stands had two tiers, with criss-crossed steel balustrades at the front of the upper tier, and were covered by a series of pitched roofs, built so that their ends faced onto the playing field; the central roof span would be distinctly larger, and would incorporate a distinctive pediment.

There is a massive load of bollocks posted about modern stadium design - it's not 'fashion' that dictates the shape of a lot of modern grounds but sight-lines, quality of view and a whole range of other factors. I don't like the resulting shape of the tops of the stands that results from optimising the viewing distance to the centre circle but anyone who has sat in the top corners of the Upper Centenary will know what a soul-less and crap place it is to watch the match. No atmosphere and a crap view.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2012, 04:00:18 pm »

The 2003 design had a single tier Kop. Who said it doesn't?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2012, 04:04:37 pm »
So the new design which according to AFL can be expanded to 72k has planning permission by the council and could be built by the club if they want to go with it?

No - it was never submitted to the planners. It's a completely different scheme to either the original AFL scheme or the HKS scheme. The roof structure and other details would not get through as 'non-material amendments' and it's designed as a 72,000 seater from the off so would not make financial sense to build.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2012, 04:08:17 pm »

It's standard practice for all commercial developments in the UK, usually as a section 106 agreement.

Section 106 (S106) of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 allows a local planning authority (LPA) to enter into a legally-binding agreement or planning obligation with a landowner in association with the granting of planning permission. The obligation is termed a Section 106 Agreement.

These agreements are a way of delivering or addressing matters that are necessary to make a development acceptable in planning terms. They are increasingly used to support the provision of services and infrastructure, such as highways, recreational facilities, education, health and affordable housing.

The scope of such agreements is laid out in the government’s Circular 05/2005. Matters agreed as part of a S106 must be:

relevant to planning
    necessary to make the proposed development acceptable in planning terms
    directly related to the proposed development
    fairly and reasonably related in scale and kind to the proposed development
    reasonable in all other respects.

A council’s approach to securing benefits through the S106 process should be grounded in evidence-based policy.

http://www.idea.gov.uk/idk/core/page.do?pageId=71631

That's life. We deal with it all the time.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2012, 04:12:38 pm »
No - it was never submitted to the planners. It's a completely different scheme to either the original AFL scheme or the HKS scheme. The roof structure and other details would not get through as 'non-material amendments' and it's designed as a 72,000 seater from the off so would not make financial sense to build.
Cheers, do you think the tweaks done to the 2003 Parry bowl design would include the stadium being expanded beyond the 60k capacity, it won't make sense to move outside Anfield for just these added 15k capacity and then have the same issue about us not having enough capacity on our hands in the next 15-20 years, no?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2012, 04:12:45 pm »
Alan reckons so

The modified design I was referring to was the HKS scheme, which was effectively treated as a modification to the AFL scheme, in that it re-used all of the site-finding rationale, the traffic plans, the land transfer proposals including the Anfield Plaza. The 'amendmemt' was the design of the stadium, which went through quicker than would have been the case for a completely new application. The cost-saving HKS scheme then went through as a further revision.

The revised AFL scheme never went to planning.

Sorry for any confusion.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

royhendo

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2012, 04:15:32 pm »
So this is speculative Alan, but as people are doing it I'll ask anyway.

We can see the revised plans referred to in the stories on AFL's website. But we know there are 'tweaks' and changes to be made.

In your experience, can we even begin to speculate as to how extensive they might be? Or are we in the realms of pure guesswork, from next to no change, to a complete rethink on top of the same footprint?

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2012, 04:16:33 pm »
Cheers, do you think the tweaks done to the 2003 Parry bowl design would include the stadium being expanded beyond the 60k capacity, it won't make sense to move outside Anfield for just these added 15k capacity and then have the same issue about us not having enough capacity on our hands in the next 15-20 years, no?

No, 60,000 is the trigger for additional infrastructure works that would not be financially viable. My personal opinion is that you could expand the AFL design in the future but it would need a new roof.

Personally I think 60,000 is the right size - I haven't seen any justification for a larger stadium apart from a Field of Dreams 'if you build it they will come... wishful thinking and an envious look down the East Lancs Road". Hicks wanted it but he was an egotistical c*nt and the capacity was based on his dick-swinging not any assessment of viability.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)