Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3140927 times)

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé
« Reply #77600 on: March 17, 2024, 07:14:02 pm »
Is Wirtz quick? Or is that too obvious a move for a transfer?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77601 on: March 17, 2024, 07:15:26 pm »
He is not quick nor a wide forward.

Johan Bakayoko your time is now my boy.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77602 on: March 17, 2024, 07:42:42 pm »
There will be a big clamour to love Gakpo on but personally I’d keep him around as a backup. But would really hope Edwards and Hughes go big on a new forward to freshen up the forward line.

I'd like rear echelon players to have mongrel, which Gakpo lacks. For that matter, I'm not sure Gravenberch has it either. Either you're good enough to make yourself first choice or thereabouts. Or you have the desire to at least make life hell for the opposition whenever you're playing. If you have that, I can overlook a lot. The youngsters who are pushing for a first team place all have that mongrel.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #77603 on: March 17, 2024, 08:08:35 pm »
Bakayoko feels like he'd be a bit Doku judging his goals alone. I've seen a bit of him and he looks dead fun to watch but feel if he's not been prolific in the Eredivisie he'd struggle to make an impact here, especially right away. Gakpo was more prolific in Holland but different type of player obviously.

One thing that worries me about Alonso, I feel there's a bit of a death by football approach you see in some of these Leverkusen games. Complete control but needing a hundred passes to create a chance. Maybe I'm a bit scarred by what I've just seen earlier (not that our game resembled that death by football approach at all) but I feel we could just be so much more clinical at times. Not sure it suits our current forwards that's for sure.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77604 on: March 17, 2024, 08:10:41 pm »
Is Wirtz quick? Or is that too obvious a move for a transfer?

I'd be worried about spending big on Wirtz (you're probably talking like £70m+ I'd guess?) - he looks just that fraction slow, but more importantly he looks a little bit slow in the German league, where you famously have a lot more time than you do in the PL. It just feels like there's one too many players who have struggled making the Bundesliga - PL transition and who have struggled to adapt here where the game is a lot quicker and more physical. I look at someone like Sancho who never looked to lack anything physically or speed-wise in the German league but who, despite the impact of his off-field issues, just fundamentally didn't look strong or quick enough to be a top-level forward in the PL.

I really think we should be looking to add greater speed and physicality to this team if possible, not less - Nunez is our only forward with real electric pace, and in midfield I think we carry a few too many players who you wouldn't describe as particularly athletic - bags of stamina and loads of quality, but I think a bit of well-placed athleticism would take us up a notch or two. We're starting to lose that across the pitch - Robertson, Salah and VVD are not as quick/athletic as they once were, Macca/Elliott/Endo are all doing really well but none of them excel in getting back once they're the wrong side of the ball, and only really Nunez and occasionally Diaz offer a genuine threat in behind.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #77605 on: March 17, 2024, 08:45:37 pm »
I think Kudus is coming good here in the league. Maybe try to get him. He is goog enough in my opinion. IF Diaz wants a new challenge....

Leao will be quite expensive, and so far, he is not scoring more than Diaz.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77606 on: March 17, 2024, 08:48:08 pm »
I think Kudus is coming good here in the league. Maybe try to get him. He is goog enough in my opinion. IF Diaz wants a new challenge....

Leao will be quite expensive, and so far, he is not scoring more than Diaz.

Kudus is absolutely not the sort of player we need.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77607 on: March 17, 2024, 08:50:51 pm »
Kudus is absolutely not the sort of player we need.

I really like him, but agreed

I would honestly love Kvara but I don't know if we can get him

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77608 on: March 17, 2024, 09:35:57 pm »
Musiala is the one.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77609 on: March 17, 2024, 09:45:46 pm »
Musiala is the one.

He is amazing but he is in that realm of players that we never sign.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77610 on: March 17, 2024, 09:47:59 pm »
I'd be worried about spending big on Wirtz (you're probably talking like £70m+ I'd guess?) - he looks just that fraction slow, but more importantly he looks a little bit slow in the German league, where you famously have a lot more time than you do in the PL. It just feels like there's one too many players who have struggled making the Bundesliga - PL transition and who have struggled to adapt here where the game is a lot quicker and more physical. I look at someone like Sancho who never looked to lack anything physically or speed-wise in the German league but who, despite the impact of his off-field issues, just fundamentally didn't look strong or quick enough to be a top-level forward in the PL.

I really think we should be looking to add greater speed and physicality to this team if possible, not less - Nunez is our only forward with real electric pace, and in midfield I think we carry a few too many players who you wouldn't describe as particularly athletic - bags of stamina and loads of quality, but I think a bit of well-placed athleticism would take us up a notch or two. We're starting to lose that across the pitch - Robertson, Salah and VVD are not as quick/athletic as they once were, Macca/Elliott/Endo are all doing really well but none of them excel in getting back once they're the wrong side of the ball, and only really Nunez and occasionally Diaz offer a genuine threat in behind.

This should be read by our recruitment team. they'll know it already but its very important we get faster, quicker and rapider .
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 09:56:41 pm by Knight »

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77611 on: March 17, 2024, 09:50:19 pm »
He is amazing but he is in that realm of players that we never sign.

If we go big and he doesn't sign a new contract you never know! Hasn't he got a release clause around £105mil?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77612 on: March 17, 2024, 09:53:11 pm »
If we go big and he doesn't sign a new contract you never know! Hasn't he got a release clause around £105mil?

There will be others in for a player like him. Its not a player we really go all out for.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #77613 on: March 17, 2024, 10:07:12 pm »
There will be others in for a player like him. Its not a player we really go all out for.

If, under Alonso, we play Salah and Dominic behind a striker, I don't think we could go £100 million on Musiala but then again if Mo fancies the Saudi tumbleweed this summer....we name our price and Jamal hoves into view...
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #77614 on: March 17, 2024, 10:10:41 pm »
We aren’t signing Musiala

(Hello darkness my old friend).
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77615 on: March 17, 2024, 10:12:31 pm »
The Nerd King himself was atthe game today. I fear Siberia might be on the cards for a few this summe.r

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77616 on: March 17, 2024, 10:15:10 pm »
The Nerd King himself was atthe game today. I fear Siberia might be on the cards for a few this summe.r

Is that edwards?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77617 on: March 17, 2024, 10:15:45 pm »
If, under Alonso, we play Salah and Dominic behind a striker, I don't think we could go £100 million on Musiala but then again if Mo fancies the Saudi tumbleweed this summer....we name our price and Jamal hoves into view...

Musiala isnt fit to lace Salah’s boots at the moment. Would want two players to replace his output.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77618 on: March 17, 2024, 10:16:54 pm »
That is Michael Edwards, pic taken by Lewis Steele's photographer.  He's the Fail's LFC/Merseyside reporter.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77619 on: March 17, 2024, 10:18:25 pm »
That is Michael Edwards, pic taken by Lewis Steele's photographer.  He's the Fail's LFC/Merseyside reporter.
He’s made him look like Laurence Fox
W

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77620 on: March 17, 2024, 10:21:18 pm »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77621 on: March 17, 2024, 10:22:42 pm »
Is Edwards the black guy with the bald head?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77622 on: March 17, 2024, 10:35:22 pm »

that’s much better thanks you Samantha
W

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #77623 on: March 18, 2024, 12:33:09 am »
Is Edwards the black guy with the bald head?

Yes, he's a master of disguise, that's how he gets all the data and
wins players over; he's like Eddie Murphy in Coming to America, with more analytics.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77624 on: March 18, 2024, 12:45:51 am »
Why does he look like he's going through a villain arc?

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77625 on: March 18, 2024, 07:58:10 am »
What positions do people think we need to strengthen in the summer then?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77626 on: March 18, 2024, 08:02:27 am »
Defence, midfield and attack.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77627 on: March 18, 2024, 08:08:34 am »
Left sided attack, I like Beier at Hoffenheim, Diaz isn't ruthless enough.

We need a left footed attacker as well, sadly the market isn't great right now, no one stands out with a decent goal output.

LB most definitely.

We're stacked in Midfield especially with Clark, Bajetic and McConnell breaking through.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 08:10:34 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77628 on: March 18, 2024, 08:09:33 am »

Depends on who leaves.

If only the obvious ones leave, which is to say Thiago, Matip, Carvalho perhaps Kelleher - we need to replace them and probably line up replacement for Salah. So a pretty modest summer of targetted, wuality additions. I suspect we might see plenty unexpected departures though, as Edwards looks to avoid players losing their legs on high wages - which could lead to another busy summer.

I think we need at least a CB (capable of playing leftback), CM and a fast wide attacker.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77629 on: March 18, 2024, 08:26:57 am »

We need a defender, midfielder and attacker.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77630 on: March 18, 2024, 08:27:05 am »
For me, obviously it’s hard to predict as we’ll have a new manager and we don’t know how they will see our squad.

But:

GK - Obviously fine
LB - personally feel we could do with a younger fresh option here.
CB’s - with Matip probably leaving and Konate’s injury issues, we need another here.
RB - should be fine with Trent, Bradley and Gomez.
Midfield - should be fine here with the emergence of the younger players this season. Need Curtis to stay injury free hopefully, but wouldn’t be against us signing Wirtz ;)
Forwards - definitely could do with a pacy forward who has an eye for goal. If we keep Jota fit with another addition here then we look good on this front.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77631 on: March 18, 2024, 09:09:30 am »
Assuming Matip goes at the end of his contract, we’d need a CB.

Anything more would be dependent on if anyone else leaves. I’d like an upgrade on Tsimikas to freshen up a bit at LB, ideally with a younger option for the long-term. I don’t think we need another midfielder, hopefully Bajcetic will be back soon and he’s another excellent option. Hopefully Salah stays, if he does another attacker coming in presumably depends on the next manager and sporting director’s opinion of our current options and whether they all fit into the plan going forward.

CB would be the priority for me as things stand with Matip looking pretty likely to leave.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77632 on: March 18, 2024, 09:12:02 am »
Assuming Matip goes at the end of his contract, we’d need a CB.

Anything more would be dependent on if anyone else leaves. I’d like an upgrade on Tsimikas to freshen up a bit at LB, ideally with a younger option for the long-term. I don’t think we need another midfielder, hopefully Bajcetic will be back soon and he’s another excellent option. Hopefully Salah stays, if he does another attacker coming in presumably depends on the next manager and sporting director’s opinion of our current options and whether they all fit into the plan going forward.

CB would be the priority for me as things stand with Matip looking pretty likely to leave.

I think we could do with another midfielder. Feel a lot of the midfield is geared towards technical players who are better in the top end of the field. Could do with someone with a bit of power in there.

As for attack, I think we definitely need another outstanding attacker and ideally someone with a bit of pace and dribbling ability.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77633 on: March 18, 2024, 09:15:24 am »
We need a defender, midfielder and attacker.

I'm not so sure we need a midfielder (or at least not sure we need one as a priority). I think we more need 2 defenders and an attacker first.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77634 on: March 18, 2024, 09:26:37 am »
I'm not so sure we need a midfielder (or at least not sure we need one as a priority). I think we more need 2 defenders and an attacker first.

Possibly, but I am not sure we have the balance quite right. We do have a lot of technical players but I do think we could do with another more mobile, physical midfielder.

I like Gravenberch a lot but I see his position and skill set in this side and I wonder whether he is one too many in terms of that sort of player, particularly when you factor in Elliott, Mac Allister, Jones and Szobozslai.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #77635 on: March 18, 2024, 09:36:04 am »
For me, obviously it’s hard to predict as we’ll have a new manager and we don’t know how they will see our squad.

But:

GK - Obviously fine
LB - personally feel we could do with a younger fresh option here.
CB’s - with Matip probably leaving and Konate’s injury issues, we need another here.
RB - should be fine with Trent, Bradley and Gomez.
Midfield - should be fine here with the emergence of the younger players this season. Need Curtis to stay injury free hopefully, but wouldn’t be against us signing Wirtz ;)
Forwards - definitely could do with a pacy forward who has an eye for goal. If we keep Jota fit with another addition here then we look good on this front.

Need another centre back with Matip leaving, Virg a year older, Konate unable to stay fit and Gomez a utility player across the back line. Need someone quick and youngish as well, but we might not play such a highline next season. Ideally left footed as well.

If we're buying a left back we need to sell one which complicates that. Tsimikas is the ideal back up left back option and Robertson is important to have in the dressing room next season for leadership and character.

Midfield we're okay as long as Bajcetic is over his issues.

Forward line needs more pace. Maybe sacrifice Gakpo for another wide player because we're well stocked with 9s. Whether Salah stays or goes complicates things as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77636 on: March 18, 2024, 09:46:06 am »
Maybe the new manager convinces Van Dijk to play on the right side (or middle of a 3}, but any centre back needs to be first choice level to play alongside him and that likely means being able to play on the right side.

Left back just get whoever you think is the best and move on whoever the new manager prefers or is happy to go. Quite a few big contracts up in the next 18 months so that might influence us or players leaving.

Midfield you could run it back and I think we'd be fine but better Endo who is like 6+ years younger would be ideal.

Attack. I have no idea what the quality is like for this in Europe, but goals win games and we could probably do with just getting the best we can here who can nail a left wing spot. Kvara? Leao? Doesn't feel like there is anyone who doesn't come with a fair bit of risk for the money we'd need to spend though. Again could probably run it back and it'd be fine as their is quality even if it's not the best balance of attributes

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77637 on: March 18, 2024, 09:53:30 am »
1. A strong, pacy and versatile attacker or two.
2. Another senior centreback to replace Matip.
3. An attacking midfielder that is a consistent threat between the lines (that could be Trent by the way).

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77638 on: March 18, 2024, 10:00:41 am »
We don’t need another Cb, Gomez, VVD, Quansah, Konate is ok, I would bring back Van Den Berg. Seem no one on here rates him but he is a good player.

Same thing in regards to left back, Tsimikas should be first choice at this point and Gomez and Robertson be the rotational options. If anything we should bring back Beck, I can see him having a Bradley esque impact, in positions like CB and LB where we actually have a little bit of depth the aim for me should be to promote from within. You’re dealing with 3rd LB and 5th choice cbs, we don’t need to go out and splash huge sums of money, we can do what we’ve done with Quansah and Bradley and promote from our youth.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77639 on: March 18, 2024, 10:41:27 am »
We don’t need another Cb, Gomez, VVD, Quansah, Konate is ok, I would bring back Van Den Berg. Seem no one on here rates him but he is a good player.

Same thing in regards to left back, Tsimikas should be first choice at this point and Gomez and Robertson be the rotational options. If anything we should bring back Beck, I can see him having a Bradley esque impact, in positions like CB and LB where we actually have a little bit of depth the aim for me should be to promote from within. You’re dealing with 3rd LB and 5th choice cbs, we don’t need to go out and splash huge sums of money, we can do what we’ve done with Quansah and Bradley and promote from our youth.

I think we'll sign a LB and attacker. Think a high profile attacker will leave, maybe 2. Also think one of Robbo or Tsimikas will leave.

Putting all eggs in the youth basket seems silly. I think the right blend is youth with a couple of good signings.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker