Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1760572 times)

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Let's Improve the Atmosphere at Anfield (split from Fortress Anfield)
« Reply #10000 on: September 19, 2018, 07:25:19 am »
Was great in person last night but all I keep hearing from people is that it sounded like we made no noise on BT Sports!?!

It didn't sound fantastic but it also sounded like the mics were off or turned down by the Kop. Robertson seemed to suggest the atmosphere was great at the end and that's the main thing

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10001 on: September 19, 2018, 07:36:03 am »
Wasn't bad last night but will get better as it progresses in the competition. Their fans where loud as fuck last night. Best I've heard at anfield in a while. Was sat next to the fuckers tho 

Offline nfletcher23

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10002 on: September 19, 2018, 07:58:41 am »
Was great in person last night but all I keep hearing from people is that it sounded like we made no noise on BT Sports!?!

I was expecting people to come away from the game saying the atmosphere was poor because of how it sounded on tv, sounded flat but i'm not sure why maybe because of the mics, could only really hear the PSG fans bar the first/last 10 mins

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10003 on: September 19, 2018, 08:14:54 am »
Obviously can't say for sure as I wasn't there, but I think the "problem" with us sounding "poor" on the TV was largely down to just how loud the PSG lot were - helped by the fact they had at least 1 person drumming the entire time. They didn't shut up, absolutely fair play to them, it was a great bit of support for their team. I imagine there'll be a few thousand with very sore throats this morning!

However - to be fair when we go away, we're just the same really (minus the drummer!). I think some teams just have that ultra element who travel in numbers to any away and make noise the entire time.

I certainly heard a lot of noise and a good many songs for us though even though it did seem the mics may have favoured the PSG end on BT.

Offline coct3au

• twins with arsefinger
  • Kopite
« Reply #10004 on: September 19, 2018, 08:15:03 am »
I was expecting people to come away from the game saying the atmosphere was poor because of how it sounded on tv, sounded flat but i'm not sure why maybe because of the mics, could only really hear the PSG fans bar the first/last 10 mins

That wasn't because of the mics, it also sounded like that from the Main Stand! Just the reality of the situation unfortunately. I think they literally sang constantly apart from a minute or two after each goal. Impressive effort. So it was a great atmosphere, just mostly theirs. :/

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10005 on: September 19, 2018, 08:18:27 am »
They did sing constantly but rarely heard them from the Kop

TV mics make a mystery of an atmosphere. First half place was great. A lull in second half but I thought it was right up there in first half with atmospheres over the last couple of years in Europe

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #10006 on: September 19, 2018, 08:34:26 am »
That wasn't because of the mics, it also sounded like that from the Main Stand! Just the reality of the situation unfortunately. I think they literally sang constantly apart from a minute or two after each goal. Impressive effort. So it was a great atmosphere, just mostly theirs. :/

They definitely didn't even miss a beat when our first went in, not one of them seemed to even notice . Apart from a few bottle tossers - they were fantastically supportive. Having a drum section definitely helps and it felt like they had come to show us they had no fear of the anfield wall of sound, even had a banner reading At Anfield We Are Home , which I didn't take to mean them being closet Reds. Ultra stickers all over Anfield Rd, we removed a load on the way to the game.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10007 on: September 19, 2018, 08:45:00 am »
I agree couldn't hear them from the Kop much, the Atmosphere was good.

While impressive and the PSG fans didn't stop but its manufactured noise...really weird seeing them not stop singing when conceding, its natural to stop and then try and pick the boys up on the pitch.

The really fast clapping for Allez Allez Allez can fuck right off, really bad last night.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10008 on: September 19, 2018, 08:57:13 am »

While impressive and the PSG fans didn't stop but its manufactured noise...really weird seeing them not stop singing when conceding, its natural to stop and then try and pick the boys up on the pitch.

The really fast clapping for Allez Allez Allez can fuck right off, really bad last night.

When they were swaying in different directions it made my eyes go funny!!

Allez, allez, allez is about as fast as it can get now sadly. Thought before kick off though it was a great noise with that ringing around the ground

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #10009 on: September 19, 2018, 09:00:02 am »

I'm not too sure I agree with that statement as I have no voice.

Offline nayia2002

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.victoriacreperie.co.uk/
« Reply #10010 on: September 19, 2018, 09:05:40 am »
Was decent last night on occasions.
who are you to judge the life i live?
i know im not perfect-and i dont live to be,
but before you start pointing fingers make
sure your hands are clean!.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10011 on: September 19, 2018, 09:31:26 am »

Yep

Couldn't give a fuck that the stream watching blerts were disappointed with the atmosphere

It was fucking loud in the KOP  last night. Another brilliant night.

Yeah, it was simply bizarre reaction to an opposition goal. I commend them for their non stop support but football surely is about lows and highs and how you react/celebrate.  They just didn't seem too arsed either way.  Maybe they are 100% confident they will do the business at home and in Belgrade/Naples.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10012 on: September 19, 2018, 09:41:40 am »
I'm not too sure I agree with that statement as I have no voice.

You've not done your job if you come home and still has a voice.  ;)

I have no voice either...love nights like last night.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:49:50 am by ChrisLFCKOP »

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10013 on: September 19, 2018, 09:52:42 am »
Atmosphere was good in parts. PSG lot sang constantly throughout the game. I did find it weird they didn't seem to react to our winner, just carried on singing as if nothing had happened.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #10014 on: September 19, 2018, 09:54:35 am »
Thought it was boss on the TV, plenty who went said it was boss too. PSG again make the mistake of making us shoot towards the Kop first half, I have no idea why teams do this against us when we go for a storming start and rightfully use that atmosphere to build momentum.

Felt a little subdued in the second half mainly because PSG had no interest in playing, fuck em.

The drums didn't help with getting songs going at times, the constant drumming completely throws you off.
:D

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10015 on: September 19, 2018, 10:09:49 am »
Yep

Couldn't give a fuck that the stream watching blerts were disappointed with the atmosphere

It was fucking loud in the KOP  last night. Another brilliant night.

Yeah, it was simply bizarre reaction to an opposition goal. I commend them for their non stop support but football surely is about lows and highs and how you react/celebrate.  They just didn't seem too arsed either way.  Maybe they are 100% confident they will do the business at home and in Belgrade/Naples.

Our songs and singing happen in response to what we see on the pitch, their songs/singing happen irrespective of what they see on the pitch. Their goal is a constant drone.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #10016 on: September 19, 2018, 10:12:09 am »
Great night of footy and the atmosphere was hair raising.

Thank God we never moved from this unique stadium. Eveytime I walk in you can feel the crackle and excitement in the air right up until you walk out.

FSG found a way to expand without moving to a new ground where the history would be a zero. Nowhere else that I have been compares to Anfield on a European night. Long may we reign here.

This team are going places and with this stadium in full cry it makes us an unbeatable force.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #10017 on: September 19, 2018, 10:12:58 am »
PSG fans got  on me tits..cant stand that monotonous style of chantting that bears little relation to game or lifting your team...who do they think they are..Crystal Palace fans!!

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10018 on: September 19, 2018, 10:24:22 am »
How long has there been a Union Jack flag going in the kop? Have to say I’m not the most observant, especially after a few pints, but pretty sure it’s the first time I’ve noticed it

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #10019 on: September 19, 2018, 10:27:57 am »
How long has there been a Union Jack flag going in the kop? Have to say I’m not the most observant, especially after a few pints, but pretty sure it’s the first time I’ve noticed it
I think there's been quite a few over the years
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10020 on: September 19, 2018, 10:30:38 am »

Seems to have appeared the past season or so quite regularly. There's something printed on it but I'm not too sure what? Anyone know?

Not a fan personally.
YNWA.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10021 on: September 19, 2018, 10:39:41 am »
Was the same with dortmund in 2016. A drum, loudspeaker and just rambling constant noise. Shite. Might as well be crystal palace.

Spot on

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #10022 on: September 19, 2018, 10:47:47 am »
Seems to have appeared the past season or so quite regularly. There's something printed on it but I'm not too sure what? Anyone know?
I think it says ‘JRM4UK’, no idea what that means though.
Not a fan personally.
I like it.  It’s our country’s after all and you don’t see many nowadays, outside Ibrox I guess.  Plus old crowd pics always have a few.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10023 on: September 19, 2018, 11:10:34 am »
PSG fans got  on me tits..cant stand that monotonous style of chantting that bears little relation to game or lifting your team...who do they think they are..Crystal Palace fans!!

I really didn't notice them much, otherthan a few quieter moments in the game.

I did notice the second goal did kinda silence them for a little bit.

I caught the ultras walking up to Anfield before the game and while good effort, if we did something similar it would be 10 times better.  ;D

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #10024 on: September 19, 2018, 12:01:05 pm »
It was a weird one last night. Very loud in moments, fairly subdued in others, especially the second half.

It didn't help that I was sat next to the PSG fans, who were making their constant noise (credit to them). By the time the Kops songs reached our side of the stadium they were often fighting with PSG for volume, making it harder to sing along. There was also a moment at the start where both PSG and the Kop were singing Allez Allez Allez, but no one around us joined in because they thought it was all PSG. Very few of the songs were coordinated, especially with the timing of Allez Allez Allez. I felt like we were singing it slow, but somewhere between the Kop and us it was being sped up so it was all over the place and fizzled out.

Always good to hear Poor Old Scouser Tommy and Bring On Yer Internationale though (the latter doesn't get sung nearly enough inside Anfield I feel). Also after their keeper started getting booed he completely shat it. It did look like he took Sturridges foot to the bollocks to be fair - wasn't so obvious in the stadium.

It also doesn't help that the last Champions League match at Anfield I went to was Man City, which completely spoiled me.

Great match though, and it was a good atmosphere even if it wasn't all ours. I have watched the extended highlights and it definitely sounded quieter on BT. Got to love a last minute winner.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 12:03:22 pm by Indomitable_Carp »

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10025 on: September 19, 2018, 12:29:07 pm »
The mic placement really shit me watching on TV. I've heard they literally put the mic directly above the away fans in the Annie Road end? Because visually you could see 75% of the stadium off their feet, clapping and singing, yet it sounded so muted compared to the PSG fans (who were great don't get me wrong). Didn't help that the world feed have their commentators not actually at the stadium, which always seems to affect the broadcast.

I remember when I was at the Dortmund game next to their fans, and in the last 30 mins during our comeback I barely even heard them, yet you rewatch it on TV on the replay and their drums and chants are inflated way too much by the microphones.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10026 on: September 19, 2018, 12:37:16 pm »
Few fans at the match have been saying it was louder than on TV. BT seemed a bit obsessed with showing and hearing the away fans.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10027 on: September 19, 2018, 01:24:42 pm »

The fast clapping for Allez Allez Allez is led by the bloke who is insistent of twatting the side of 306 as hard and as fast as he can for every song. Someone needs to cut his hands off.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10028 on: September 19, 2018, 01:34:46 pm »
Not being funny but a lot of our fans at the match saying we weren't making any noise were sat right next to the daft PSG fans banging a drum.

Err, well yeah.

I had my CL seat in the new main stand last season and it was the same.  Got fed up of listening to generic euro fan chants so got a seat under the scoreboard this season and love it.  Great view too.

Couldn't hear the PSG fans much myself in the KOP and could just see the daft fuckers bouncing about with no shirts on.

Superb atmosphere from LFC and Robbo mentioned it in his interview.  Milner was loving it at final whistle too.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #10029 on: September 19, 2018, 02:03:26 pm »
Apart from the drum I couldn’t hear the PSG fans much in the first half. Some would say they’ve got great supporters but I’m not too sure, it was all too monotonous for me. If you were watching the fans opposed to the footy you’d never guess who won the game

Great atmosphere in the kop, my throat was killing me this morning!!! I live for the CL

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10030 on: September 19, 2018, 02:11:13 pm »
Thought it was brilliant personally, especially first half. Barely heard the PSG fans from the Kop. Can barely walk or speak today!

Allez Allez Allez deffo needs slowing down though.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10031 on: September 19, 2018, 02:31:09 pm »
The fast clapping for Allez Allez Allez is led by the bloke who is insistent of twatting the side of 306 as hard and as fast as he can for every song. Someone needs to cut his hands off.

Right, but assume he'd just use his head if he had no hands...he sounds like that type of fella.  :lmao

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #10032 on: September 19, 2018, 03:13:41 pm »
Our songs and singing happen in response to what we see on the pitch, their songs/singing happen irrespective of what they see on the pitch. Their goal is a constant drone.

Yep. It's a different culture, and it does look and sound impressive when it's on mass as it was for the most part outside the ground in the build-up, and during the game as well. I'll be honest though, personally, the 'ultras' culture isn't really for me. I like the emotional aspect of the game and the way that we, as a crowd, react to the situation as it unfolds (for better or worse), especially in lifting the team and recognising effort. In essence, we participate in the game, rather than actively separating ourselves from it. I can't really compute a situation where we concede an extra time goal to lose a game and just crack on as if it hadn't happened. The drum and megaphone can get to fuck as well. I will say though, their support carried themselves well in and around the city and ground in general. Fair play to them for that.

On our atmosphere, I thought it was decent in spells. Not close to some of the best that we've seen in recent seasons and beyond, but for a first group game, it was decent. It'll grow and intensify as we hopefully progress through the tournament. Quite a few around me did make an early dart on 88 though. I was made up when Bobby knocked in the winner after they'd gone.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10033 on: September 19, 2018, 03:24:48 pm »
Right, but assume he'd just use his head if he had no hands...he sounds like that type of fella.  :lmao

With how hard he hits it he'd knock himself out so I'm actually ok with that!

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #10034 on: September 19, 2018, 06:22:39 pm »
It was good at times last night and there were also a period of 10 mins or so where all you could hear is the PSG singing their monotonous songs over and over again. Fair play to them they made a right racket. Find it quite odd that they don’t interact with the game barely at all. Concede a goal and show no emotion. Score a goal and show little emotion.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline d_sookoo21

• Main Stander
« Reply #10035 on: September 19, 2018, 06:53:46 pm »
amazes me how their some of their fans pay all that money for ticket and travel to stand facing away from the pitch and bang a drum for 90 min

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #10036 on: September 19, 2018, 07:08:54 pm »

Yeah, this. Was ridiculous last night, to the point it was almost unsingable at times!

In general, very surprised at the comments everywhere on social media today that they supposedly outsung us. Not watched any of the broadcast back, but can only guess this is due to mic placement.

Didn’t think they were especially loud from the Kop, which was as loud as it always is on nights like last night! Maybe lacked the real intensity that a knock out tie brings, but other than that... another top European night!

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10037 on: September 19, 2018, 07:14:56 pm »

Chop his head off as well - sorted !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #10038 on: September 19, 2018, 09:36:19 pm »
Glad to hear it was great in the stadium last night. I was in the pub and the TVs with speakers were chocka so I had to watch on the TV with the music speaker next to it ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #10039 on: September 19, 2018, 11:10:11 pm »
Sounded great on TV.

As someone else pointed out BT have an obsession with the away fans and my observation while I was forced to watch them was that a great deal of them were more concerned about making a racket, hoping to be seen on TV rather then actually watching and taking an interest in the game. There's something bizarre about continually singing a monotone when your team are 2 down and playing shit.