Author Topic: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*  (Read 544015 times)

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Re: 7he Manches7er Uni7ed 7hread - NO GREENWOOD/ANTONY*
« Reply #80 on: September 2, 2023, 09:38:15 am »
So 60m Mount is no longer first choice 3 matches in?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
That was a really piss-poor buy. Good enough player(not good enough for us though), but simply not at all what they needed. I can't understand it.
How they didn't know an immediate replacement for Casemiero was top priority, is astounding.

If they knew they had limited cash to spend, why not start with the heart of the squad - the most imminent replacement and work from there? Boggles the mind.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2023, 09:40:26 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #81 on: September 2, 2023, 10:43:33 am »
That was a really piss-poor buy. Good enough player(not good enough for us though), but simply not at all what they needed. I can't understand it.
How they didn't know an immediate replacement for Casemiero was top priority, is astounding.

If they knew they had limited cash to spend, why not start with the heart of the squad - the most imminent replacement and work from there? Boggles the mind.

They spent 60 mill on Casemiro last year, he's on 350k a week and they all raved about him last season, why would they want to replace him right now? They've invested too much in him. Amrabat coming in gives them the cover they need.

Problem with Mount is he's a luxury player and needs a midfield built around him (like the foundations of Kante and Kovacic at Chelsea). Eriksen is the same, Fernandes is the same and Fernandes is their main man that they build around. Grav/Dom/Mac would have been better profile buys for them, but then Mount was a key target for us as well.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 2, 2023, 11:03:22 am »
They spent 60 mill on Casemiro last year, he's on 350k a week and they all raved about him last season, why would they want to replace him right now? They've invested too much in him. Amrabat coming in gives them the cover they need.

Problem with Mount is he's a luxury player and needs a midfield built around him (like the foundations of Kante and Kovacic at Chelsea). Eriksen is the same, Fernandes is the same and Fernandes is their main man that they build around. Grav/Dom/Mac would have been better profile buys for them, but then Mount was a key target for us as well.

Apparently when he played, he was outstanding on the field.

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: September 2, 2023, 11:05:10 am »
They do need the cover at least. Always said with Casemiro he might be good for 1-2 seasons but his legs will go and they'll be stuck with the huge wages and still paying off the transfer fee. However, Saudi will probably end up bailing them out next year or the year after.

It will probably depend on how sensible they are with him, if his hefty salary keeps him in the side too long rather than them limiting his minutes and rotating him from the start with Amrabat then he'll be delivering consistently worse performances than we got out of Fab at times last season.

I'm not so sure the Saudis will save them from his salary though, they have got the aging big names this summer for the attention and in a year's time they might be looking to upgrade to better players rather than just grabbing another round of them, outside of any they can pick up at the end of contracts anyway. While we are complaining about how many of our players they have tried to get, beyond trying to disrupt us, I do think it has also been about getting attention on their league by connecting it with our name and it shows how shite the united squad is right now that they have not seen a similar amount of bids since they are the biggest name alongside us in the PL after all.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #84 on: September 2, 2023, 11:30:16 am »

I hear you, but I mean, why would a top, top manager stick with a DM who had already started falling apart last season, and go out and buy a luxury player, while bringing in a passable option on loan?

That's throwing money they don't really have, into the water- just like that?
It's like driving an everyday runner. Then you've got a gearbox that starts slipping. You've got enough money to buy a new one(and if you're smart- even have a decent amount of change left). If you buy new, then you're settled for years to come... but you go out and buy a rebuild... then spend the money on a turbo/supercharger, with intercooler?
To do what? Drive you to work and back every day?

Like someone asking what time it is, and you going - "Yes, I'm hungry"?

I dunno mate. I still say, it was an insane move. Buy Lavia, or Ugarte or any of the ones that were available for that 60m and you've basically elevated your team to top 2 level, but instead they decide to spend 60m on a player they don't need.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2023, 12:02:59 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 2, 2023, 12:11:45 pm »
They raved about Casemiro but he only stood out because he was surrounded by shite. I see far too much of these due to her and I was never impressed with him, he was invisible at Anfield til he fell over and without their pet refs would have seen red a he'll of a lot more than he did
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: September 2, 2023, 12:12:58 pm »
I will never ever stop taking great amusement at these scruffy inbred miscreants, perennially overcompensating, striving so very hard, spending ridiculous sums of money (fees and salaries), wasted on the wrong players, being puffed up by their mates in the media and PGMOL (and PL) alike, appointing chancers as managers and executives like a gambler who got lucky once, and yet, despite all this effort....still achieve the princely sum of fuck all in the process.

The irony of them calling City "the noisy neighbours"... ::)
« Last Edit: September 2, 2023, 12:15:35 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 2, 2023, 01:01:03 pm »
how can that be? sir gary of sky sports keep claiming glazers aren't spending enough and are willing to knee and bend over for oil sheikhs so that his beloved club could have some spare change.

Their spending has been ridiculous for years ...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: September 2, 2023, 01:16:38 pm »
They’re a poor team and should be mid table but, as others have said, when you constantly have home grown refs and mufc worshiping VAR influencing games, then anything is possible … except winning the league of course. That’s not happening anytime soon regardless of the leg ups they always get
The calls they get give them a lot of momentum. That's why they're crap in Europe.

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 2, 2023, 01:19:14 pm »
Their spending has been ridiculous for years ...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

Had to go back to 2012/13 for their last successful signing, Van Persie. Thank god for whoever they have in charge of transfers over there. Catastrophic.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 2, 2023, 03:21:15 pm »
their transfers doesnt look that bad as its in euros. but at the wages they are paying out that attracts the players. they are unfortunately still in CL and the inbreds in black will keep it that way for the foreseeable future.

the outgoings are what gets me. they used to move players off their wage bill at way over inflated prices when shoulder shitter was around.

jones and de gea are still without a club. those two would have given them a decent chunk if sold.

« Last Edit: September 2, 2023, 03:23:16 pm by xbugawugax »

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 2, 2023, 03:43:50 pm »
Had to go back to 2012/13 for their last successful signing, Van Persie. Thank god for whoever they have in charge of transfers over there. Catastrophic.

Fernandes has been a success for them, loathsome though he is.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #92 on: September 2, 2023, 05:23:18 pm »
Looks like Chelsea has overtaken them as the worst run club in the league

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 2, 2023, 05:34:51 pm »

It's a tight race ...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 2, 2023, 05:37:36 pm »

It's a tight race ...

Everton says hello.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #95 on: September 2, 2023, 05:41:26 pm »
Everton says hello.
No. They are simply not run at all.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 2, 2023, 05:41:48 pm »
jones and de gea are still without a club. those two would have given them a decent chunk if sold.
Decent chunk? Of what, dog meat?

Nobody is paying a penny for De Gea given his age, well-highlighted flaws and salary expectations. He'll be in Saudi Arabia this time next week.

As for Jones, hahahaha.....
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 2, 2023, 05:43:07 pm »
Fernandes has been a success for them, loathsome though he is.
I'd say "relative" success. In that he's not been consistently utter shite. Transfers have a very low bar set at United.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #98 on: September 2, 2023, 05:47:53 pm »
I'd say "relative" success. In that he's not been consistently utter shite. Transfers have a very low bar set at United.

He's one of those players that if you took away the United hype and put him at a club of his level, say Brighton, he would look amazing, get a transfer to a big club and look average.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #99 on: September 2, 2023, 10:36:13 pm »
The green and gold stuff will be out in force!

The Glazers  are pulling the sake unit, 2025 hoping conditions might be more favourable then

:lmao

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12474251/Manchester-United-taken-market-Glazer-family-bidders-fail-reach-asking-price-huge-blow-furious-fans-hold-10BILLION-club.html

Spoiler: they are holding out for £10bn!
« Last Edit: September 2, 2023, 10:38:18 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 2, 2023, 10:42:48 pm »
We believe the likes of the Daily Mail though?

It would be funny and just shows how much the likes of Rio know. 

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 2, 2023, 10:43:31 pm »

Rio knows nothing. He’s such a dumb prick.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 2, 2023, 10:43:41 pm »

Nick Harris is a very good journo on these kind of topics

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 2, 2023, 10:44:17 pm »

Yes, because this is a good reporter who is well respected and does his homework
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 2, 2023, 10:44:25 pm »
Predictable in their greed. That's been on the cards for a while now.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #105 on: September 2, 2023, 10:44:47 pm »

Nick Harris and Alex Miller are usually pretty good on football finance.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: September 2, 2023, 10:45:00 pm »
Nick Harris is a very good journo on these kind of topics

Well if true thats fucking huge (and funny). Shows how far away a sale has always been.

Offline Wghennessy

• Embarassing
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 2, 2023, 10:45:51 pm »
Yes, because this is a good reporter who is well respected and does his homework

Ok fair i just see "daily mail" and instantly think its bullshit lol

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 2, 2023, 10:45:54 pm »

The Glazers  are pulling the sake unit, 2025 hoping conditions might be more favourable then

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-12474251/Manchester-United-taken-market-Glazer-family-bidders-fail-reach-asking-price-huge-blow-furious-fans-hold-10BILLION-club.html

Spoiler: they are holding out for £10bn!

Great. Now I hope they get beaten by Arsenal tomorrow. It will further improve the atmosphere at their club, before the international break ...

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: September 2, 2023, 10:47:29 pm »
Great. Now I hope they get beaten by Arsenal tomorrow. It will further improve the atmosphere at their club, before the international break ...
Oh

My

God

Your avatar ….capon has a lot to answer for!
W

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 2, 2023, 10:48:11 pm »

But seriously, could it be because the PL has plans for it's own in house channel showing games and giving clubs their own streaming rights whne the current SKY/TNT deal is up, could be why FSG abruptly called a sale off as well, if individual streaming rights are coming in, that's going to be very lucrative, Boehly also mentioned about streaming rights when he first got Chelsea.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2023, 10:51:41 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: September 2, 2023, 10:48:47 pm »
Oh

My

God

Your avatar ….capon has a lot to answer for!

To be fair, it is a great avatar ;D

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 2, 2023, 10:49:19 pm »
No one saw this coming …

The scarves will be out but it’s clear Glazers don’t want to sell. Wonder where Qatar go now (gulp).

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 2, 2023, 10:51:25 pm »
Ok fair i just see "daily mail" and instantly think its bullshit lol

Yeah, I know what you mean, but the editor of the sports/football pages isn’t necessarily aligned with the overall editor. Tony Evans was the football editor at the Times for years. Sports journalists tend to have more freedom as it’s “entertainment” drawing in readers.

Which also means you have a good point. Someone who buys the DM for the sports coverage may well end up reading the rest of the trash.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 2, 2023, 10:51:51 pm »
No one saw this coming …

The scarves will be out but it’s clear Glazers don’t want to sell. Wonder where Qatar go now (gulp).

I doubt they will be coming for us. If the Glazers rate Man Utd at £10 billion, FSG have no reason to accept a penny less ...

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 2, 2023, 10:55:37 pm »
From a business point of view it makes far more sense to hold on to your asset and wait for another similar sized club to blink first. If United sold for £8bn (say) then FSG would then have a barometer when they came to sell. Both the Glazers and FSG are in the same position though. Chelsea went for £6bn and Boehly seems to say it's 5x undervalued so they'll hold on for the foreseeable.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 2, 2023, 10:58:08 pm »
From a business point of view it makes far more sense to hold on to your asset and wait for another similar sized club to blink first. If United sold for £8bn (say) then FSG would then have a barometer when they came to sell. Both the Glazers and FSG are in the same position though. Chelsea went for £6bn and Boehly seems to say it's 5x undervalued so they'll hold on for the foreseeable.
Chelsea went for about £2.5bn….
W

Offline shook

• not stirred
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 2, 2023, 10:58:35 pm »
Glazers are good businessmen, 10 billion is appropriate sale figure for Man United, probably should be higher given the global viewership. They should hold firm.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 2, 2023, 11:00:03 pm »
I doubt they will be coming for us. If the Glazers rate Man Utd at £10 billion, FSG have no reason to accept a penny less ...
Except that's not a realistic price (an actual realised sale like Chelsea at £2.7b remains the benchmark). It's just the latest figure to try and inflate the market. They simply kept upping the 'asking price' just to see how far desperate potential buyers would go. All it demonstrates is the lack of willingness to actually sell. I'm surprised Qatar played along this far, when it was obvious what the gameplan was. But they must now realise the Glazers are time-wasters, so will look elsewhere. Hopefully not down the M62.

« Last Edit: September 2, 2023, 11:01:51 pm by rossipersempre »

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #119 on: September 2, 2023, 11:24:55 pm »

You hate to see them get bullied out of the league by the boo-boys. Great that they're standing up for what they believe in. Nobody can seriously deny that they've backed the various managers in the transfer market and good that they get a chance to reap the rewards of the ten Haag era.

Long may they reign at Old Trafford.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75