Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3091364 times)

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2023, 12:17:31 pm »
Not really similar. Gini is a lot stronger. Mac would be slightly more attack-minded.

Really? Remember Gini was a winger and played a more attacking role for the Netherlands, it was just that we required him to be more reserved.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: May 16, 2023, 12:30:25 pm »
Looks like we are signing Harvey Owen for 800k

A 14 year old left sided CB who plays for Wolves.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 12:32:46 pm by Fordy »

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2023, 12:32:58 pm »
Not at 24 he wasn't.

Good lord... Macallister doesn't have the tools to be as good as Modric
That's got nothing to do with whether he's a good signing for us or not

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 16, 2023, 12:33:25 pm »

A 14 year old CB who plays for Wolves.

I'm no expert in youth transfers and the fees involved these day but sounds steep for a 14 y/o cb so must be highly rated.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 16, 2023, 12:34:53 pm »
Mac Allister being as good as Modric at Spurs is a crazy shout.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: May 16, 2023, 12:42:36 pm »
I think this system change we've seen in recent weeks definitely throws some curve balls, players who you thought might previously fit in now might not and vice versa.

Fabinho looks comfortable again with Trent next to him, does that rule out ugarte or similar positionally, also we have Bajcetic to come back.

Jones looks like player, closer to goal, is this a role mount could play in? Or the role Henderson finds himself in?

I don't really see the Mac Allister fit anymore, I saw it when we had Thiago in there now I'm not too sure, just in terms of player profile. Mac Allister keeps the ball well, can pick a pass and good at recycling possession but we have Trent in there now that can do that.

Interesting times for sure!

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #206 on: May 16, 2023, 12:44:24 pm »
James Pearce saying the club have distanced themselves from the links to Manuel Ugarte.

"Polish off the ledge boys, we've got our next lean candidate"

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 16, 2023, 12:50:10 pm »
I'm no expert in youth transfers and the fees involved these day but sounds steep for a 14 y/o cb so must be highly rated.

Brexit Levy. Unable to sign players under 16 from Europe.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: May 16, 2023, 12:51:42 pm »

£800k? He's not even picked his GCSE's yet.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 16, 2023, 12:57:58 pm »

We paid 600k for Doak.

800k for Harvey. He’s meant to be another wonderkid.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 16, 2023, 12:59:10 pm »
£800k? He's not even picked his GCSE's yet.

Liverpool are poised to sign 14-year-old Wolves wonderkid Harvey Owen, a player who Yaya Toure rates highly.

The Reds will finalise an £800,000 deal with their Premier League rivals, according to reports, to continue their streak of snapping up some of Britain's finest young talent. Last summer, Liverpool signed Celtic hotshot Ben Doak for £600,000 when he was just 16.

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 16, 2023, 01:06:10 pm »
How are people still suggesting Tielemans could play under Klopp?!

Football isn't played in a vacuum. He looked out of sorts physically against our team/midfield (who weren't even at their fluent best, after the break in spain, and two of whom are considered to be shadows of their physical peak). I'm sure there's room for him in a team where a player doesn't have to do anything when their team doesn't have the ball, he can pass a ball fine, but that's not us

To be fair people said similar about Shaqiri.

I don’t think we’ll sign him but I wouldn’t be stunned if we took a punt on him as a free assuming we’re also signing other players.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 16, 2023, 01:15:02 pm »
James Pearce saying the club have distanced themselves from the links to Manuel Ugarte.

Great news. Sporting were really pissed off with his agent in Uruguay saying the other day that Ugarte will certainly leave, and even threatened to report us to FIFA ...

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: May 16, 2023, 01:18:01 pm »
Mac Allister being as good as Modric at Spurs is a crazy shout.

Why? It is a pretty accurate comparison for a 24-year-old Modric ...

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #214 on: May 16, 2023, 01:18:52 pm »
Liverpool are poised to sign 14-year-old Wolves wonderkid Harvey Owen, a player who Yaya Toure rates highly.

The Reds will finalise an £800,000 deal with their Premier League rivals, according to reports, to continue their streak of snapping up some of Britain's finest young talent. Last summer, Liverpool signed Celtic hotshot Ben Doak for £600,000 when he was just 16.

What's the Yaya Toure connection
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 16, 2023, 01:22:01 pm »
What's the Yaya Toure connection

I think he is a youth coach these days ...

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: May 16, 2023, 01:28:39 pm »
Why? It is a pretty accurate comparison for a 24-year-old Modric ...

It isn’t

I’ve no idea why you and a couple of others have gone off the deep end over Macallister but your advocacy would be more credible if it was within the bounds of reality

It’s all a bit mad this - I don’t remember this fervor before we were linked with him - which is odd given he’s the next Modric

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 16, 2023, 01:33:09 pm »
It isn’t

I’ve no idea why you and a couple of others have gone off the deep end over Macallister but your advocacy would be more credible if it was within the bounds of reality

It’s all a bit mad this - I don’t remember this fervor before we were linked with him - which is odd given he’s the next Modric

Considering that I have actually watched Modric quite often even before he has joined Tottenham, and that I remember pretty well how good he was after his first season with them, I'd say that you are talking out of your arse. You are arguing for the sake of the argument ...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #218 on: May 16, 2023, 01:40:14 pm »
You are arguing for the sake of the argument ...

Haaaaahahaha :lmao

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2023, 01:49:48 pm »

Haaaaahahaha :lmao

And you are feeling the need to join the argument, but you are being ignored. How sad ...

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 16, 2023, 01:55:53 pm »
And you are feeling the need to join the argument, but you are being ignored. How sad ...

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but by responding to him you have proven him not to be ignored
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: May 16, 2023, 01:56:06 pm »
Considering that I have actually watched Modric quite often even before he has joined Tottenham, and that I remember pretty well how good he was after his first season with them, I'd say that you are talking out of your arse. You are arguing for the sake of the argument ...

How quick is Modric over the first 5-10 yards?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 16, 2023, 01:59:51 pm »
10mph

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 16, 2023, 01:59:54 pm »

Today or in 2009?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: May 16, 2023, 02:01:45 pm »
I suppose I have to just accept that you're going to bicker with each other no matter what happens. It's just inevitable.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 16, 2023, 02:02:07 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: May 16, 2023, 02:02:31 pm »
I suppose I have to just accept that you're going to bicker with each other no matter what happens. It's just inevitable.

Only took you a decade to realise that Roy.  ;D

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 16, 2023, 02:03:48 pm »
Today or in 2009?

2009… we want to stick with your area of expertise

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 16, 2023, 02:04:48 pm »

Just lock the thread Roy, it is of no use ...

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #229 on: May 16, 2023, 02:06:36 pm »
Jus get rid  of the lot mate. None of em learn

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #230 on: May 16, 2023, 02:09:15 pm »
Jus get rid  of the lot mate. None of em learn
This.
I really don't see the point of a Championship Manager thread on this forum.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #231 on: May 16, 2023, 02:14:21 pm »

Sign all the Harveys! Would he be our 4th? Elliott, Blair and that young keeper already.

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #232 on: May 16, 2023, 02:20:00 pm »
I think this system change we've seen in recent weeks definitely throws some curve balls, players who you thought might previously fit in now might not and vice versa.

Fabinho looks comfortable again with Trent next to him, does that rule out ugarte or similar positionally, also we have Bajcetic to come back.

Jones looks like player, closer to goal, is this a role mount could play in? Or the role Henderson finds himself in?

I don't really see the Mac Allister fit anymore, I saw it when we had Thiago in there now I'm not too sure, just in terms of player profile. Mac Allister keeps the ball well, can pick a pass and good at recycling possession but we have Trent in there now that can do that.

Interesting times for sure!

Yes things have changed but I would guess that Klopp knows where he needs to strengthen.

Fabinho is playing much better again but we still need backup just in case he gets injured or lapses. I’d like to see a young player coming in who can eventually replace Fabinho. Similar to how Konate has developed in the background.

With Trent doing so well in midfield, you could argue that we need a right back. That’s not a priority as we have Ramsey and Gomez.

For me, Jones is a better player than Mount and I’d rather we spent our money elsewhere.

Our midfield does need strengthening and I’d like to see two solid players come in. MacAllister could be one of them and an understudy for Fabinho could be another.

Salah is getting older and we could do with a raw talent that could replace him in a season or two’s time.
#JFT97

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: May 16, 2023, 02:30:13 pm »
Yes things have changed but I would guess that Klopp knows where he needs to strengthen.

Fabinho is playing much better again but we still need backup just in case he gets injured or lapses. I’d like to see a young player coming in who can eventually replace Fabinho. Similar to how Konate has developed in the background.

With Trent doing so well in midfield, you could argue that we need a right back. That’s not a priority as we have Ramsey and Gomez.

For me, Jones is a better player than Mount and I’d rather we spent our money elsewhere.

Our midfield does need strengthening and I’d like to see two solid players come in. MacAllister could be one of them and an understudy for Fabinho could be another.

Salah is getting older and we could do with a raw talent that could replace him in a season or two’s time.
Jones is not better than Mount. We've had some good result but let's not get carried away.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #234 on: May 16, 2023, 02:42:27 pm »
James Pearce saying the club have distanced themselves from the links to Manuel Ugarte duped by the clubs black ops team again.
You try me once you beg for more.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 16, 2023, 02:46:04 pm »
This.
I really don't see the point of a Championship Manager thread on this forum.
Problem for the mods is that transfers will just spill into every other thread, this thread keeps it contained.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #236 on: May 16, 2023, 02:53:10 pm »

No they're not.
You try me once you beg for more.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: May 16, 2023, 02:53:36 pm »
Jones is not better than Mount. We've had some good result but let's not get carried away.
Jones is extremely inconsistent, I understand his development has been hindered by niggly injuries, but don't be swayed by a few decent outings.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: May 16, 2023, 02:54:26 pm »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #239 on: May 16, 2023, 02:55:33 pm »
Jones is extremely inconsistent, I understand his development has been hindered by niggly injuries, but don't be swayed by a few decent outings.

He is still young Curtis and has plenty of time to get more consistent with experience.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"