Author Topic: The Kirkby Thread  (Read 57600 times)

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Re: The Kirkby Thread
« Reply #80 on: September 1, 2007, 11:53:07 pm »
funny thread this. Kirkby is only really wooly when we're talking to our blue mates

Offline VintageRed74

• or perhaps Vladimir or even Estragon. Best fiends with Maggie..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: September 2, 2007, 08:33:15 am »
I never normally forget a face, but in your case I'm willing to make an exception.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: September 2, 2007, 02:20:57 pm »
Smells like cotton in here.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #83 on: September 2, 2007, 02:53:03 pm »
lets be honest, i'm not a massive fan of kirkby as a place. But seeing as how most people who live there were probably born in fazak, and probably are more "scouse" than some people in "liverpool", same goes for places like bootle

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 2, 2007, 03:31:44 pm »
lets be honest, i'm not a massive fan of kirkby as a place. But seeing as how most people who live there were probably born in fazak, and probably are more "scouse" than some people in "liverpool", same goes for places like bootle
if a dog is born in a stable does that make it a horse?

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 2, 2007, 03:40:58 pm »
Its a shithole, pure and simple, been trying to get me ma out of there for years, she wont leave tho as me grandad lives in fazakerley (spelt correctly this time,  ;)) and he needs looking after and me Nan lives in aigburth, wont stop me from trying tho, couldn't wait to get out of there meself.
I never normally forget a face, but in your case I'm willing to make an exception.

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #86 on: September 2, 2007, 03:41:49 pm »
It's not as bad as people make out.

And I agree with this.

I mean you can hardly call Carra a wool.

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 2, 2007, 03:44:54 pm »
It's not as bad as people make out.

And I agree with this.

I mean you can hardly call Carra a wool.
It cracks me up the way people get so hung up on this scouse thing and city boundaries chatter, i didnt realise it was such a big thing until i found this forum, so many things to worry about in life and for some this appears to be a priority.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: September 2, 2007, 03:53:04 pm »
forgive my ignorance, as an OOT......but isn't Kirby the place where they used to make cars, and associated hubcaps.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #89 on: September 2, 2007, 04:05:39 pm »
for aldridge8, what does make someone scouse if it's not birthplace? By your dog/stable analogy then someone who wasn't born here but lives in liverpool can be classed as scouse?

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 2, 2007, 04:43:59 pm »
forgive my ignorance, as an OOT......but isn't Kirby the place where they used to make cars, and associated hubcaps.

Oh look J. R. Hartley is at it again.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 2, 2007, 05:01:26 pm »
you're always welcome here Kogsy mate.  It's not every day we have the Chairman of the Singapore Liverpool Supporters Club on rawk.

Know of any cheap property out there.  And do typhoons push up house insurance much?

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 2, 2007, 06:15:59 pm »
you're always welcome here Kogsy mate.  It's not every day we have the Chairman of the Singapore Liverpool Supporters Club on rawk.

Know of any cheap property out there.  And do typhoons push up house insurance much?
Thank you, my members and myself are most thankful for your generous hospitality. IMO typhoons in my country tend to just push up the houses full stop.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: September 2, 2007, 07:08:59 pm »
Thank you, my members and myself are most thankful for your generous hospitality. IMO typhoons in my country tend to just push up the houses full stop.
in the caribbean islands, it typically costs 5,000 dollars a year for house insurance.  Of course many do not have insurance. 

Many many people recommend Singapore to me.  But the strong winds, extreme heat and language barriers, concern me.

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 2, 2007, 07:52:10 pm »
Ahem, back to topic Hartley,  :D

Abiding memories of kirkby, St Kevins for me, let me see if i can remember, houses-augustus, aquinas, campion, rigby-rugby-not sure, god thats shite, i should be able to remember more than that, what a school, shit education but what a school. Mr Rooney lifting you up by your sideys and marching you across the playground, Mr Rimmer-what an arsehole, the little ginger haired games teacher-what was his name,  ??? who was obsessed with making sure you didn't have your undies on under your PE shorts because he considered it dirty, used to make us all line up with our backs to him, then he would walk along smacking you on the arse with a bat because he could tell if you had them on by the sound it made  ::)  always bothered me that when i think about in later life, very pervy if you ask me. But the weirdest teacher in the world award has to go to the remedial teacher Mr Trollope and his infamous Daisy, which was basically the strap but for some bizarre reason this fruit cake had decided to decorate his with wallpaper with Daisy's on it, he could be heard shouting across the playground, YOU BOY !!!, 'would you like to see my daisy, like i said weirdo.

Inter-school fights with the protestant school scruffwood, still there and still looks as shitty as ever, then they went and did the best thing they could ever do for the poor boys at St Kev's, they amalgamated the two catholic schools and introduced us to the girls of St Greg's, now that was an education,  ;D, funny times that will live long in the memory.
« Last Edit: September 2, 2007, 07:54:13 pm by Kogsy74 »

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 2, 2007, 08:53:26 pm »
for aldridge8, what does make someone scouse if it's not birthplace? By your dog/stable analogy then someone who wasn't born here but lives in liverpool can be classed as scouse?
you can be scouse as much as you like but being born in liverpool doesn't make you a person of liverpool , and only a person from liverpool is true scouse , so in your argument if someone was born in fazakerley hosp but lives there whole life in stockport are they scouse ?
« Last Edit: September 2, 2007, 08:55:30 pm by Aldridge 8 »

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #96 on: September 2, 2007, 10:22:44 pm »
Hey Kogsy,
You can come to Kirkby for your holidays anytime son  ;D

Offline L12

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 2, 2007, 11:42:05 pm »
Ahem, back to topic Hartley,  :D

Abiding memories of kirkby, St Kevins for me, let me see if i can remember, houses-augustus, aquinas, campion, rigby-rugby-not sure, god thats shite, i should be able to remember more than that, what a school, shit education but what a school. Mr Rooney lifting you up by your sideys and marching you across the playground, Mr Rimmer-what an arsehole, the little ginger haired games teacher-what was his name,  ??? who was obsessed with making sure you didn't have your undies on under your PE shorts because he considered it dirty, used to make us all line up with our backs to him, then he would walk along smacking you on the arse with a bat because he could tell if you had them on by the sound it made  ::)  always bothered me that when i think about in later life, very pervy if you ask me. But the weirdest teacher in the world award has to go to the remedial teacher Mr Trollope and his infamous Daisy, which was basically the strap but for some bizarre reason this fruit cake had decided to decorate his with wallpaper with Daisy's on it, he could be heard shouting across the playground, YOU BOY !!!, 'would you like to see my daisy, like i said weirdo.

Inter-school fights with the protestant school scruffwood, still there and still looks as shitty as ever, then they went and did the best thing they could ever do for the poor boys at St Kev's, they amalgamated the two catholic schools and introduced us to the girls of St Greg's, now that was an education,  ;D, funny times that will live long in the memory.

Was in Fisher House in the 60's, at the time could never understand  how the girls in St Gregorys got out 30 minutes earlier than us.

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 3, 2007, 06:57:25 am »
Hey Kogsy,
You can come to Kirkby for your holidays anytime son  ;D
Thanks for the invitation mate and i do on a regualr basis, at least five or six times a year,  ;D

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 3, 2007, 06:59:39 am »

Was in Fisher House in the 60's, at the time could never understand  how the girls in St Gregorys got out 30 minutes earlier than us.
Fisher ahhhhhhhh, yeh that was one of the houses, thanx mate, will put that one in the old long term memory.

Offline red20

• Main Stander
  • is'nt this football lark great
« Reply #100 on: September 4, 2007, 05:00:39 pm »
I was in Gregory house in the 60’s  and  Mr Trollope was a weirdo then ;D being a TA Officer didn't help.
When did they pull the old place down I haven't  been back for over 30 years
"Bill Shankly 1913-1981 - He Made The People Happy"   And Bob made us even happier

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 4, 2007, 06:09:28 pm »
I was in Gregory house in the 60’s  and  Mr Trollope was a weirdo then ;D being a TA Officer didn't help.
When did they pull the old place down I haven't  been back for over 30 years

not quite sure exactly mate, late 90's i think, maybe just a bit later, huge housing estate there now, looks weird and makes me feel a bit sad, was a very old school though so i suppose it had to go, and yeh trollope, what a weirdo,  :D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #102 on: September 5, 2007, 08:31:46 am »
The Kirkbys attempted what so few of their peers  ( the mersey beat groups ) did, and went psychedelic. They changed their name  to the much spacier sounding  23rd Turnoff - though its cosmic mystery is simply a reference to junction 23 of the M6, the exit for Liverpool.

Their 1967 release Michelangelo is regarded as a psychedelic classic.

from Wondrous place - Paul Du Noyer

( can you think of any other Kirkby Bands ?)
« Last Edit: September 5, 2007, 08:38:41 am by kavah »

Offline Aldridge 8

• Schizophrenic.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 5, 2007, 09:06:38 am »
can you think of any other Kirkby Bands ?)
china crisis

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
Shooting In Kirkby Yesterday
« Reply #104 on: August 12, 2008, 07:11:26 pm »
A 20 year old lad was shot yesterday afternoon at 2.30 by James Holt in West Vale, Kirkby.
Probably one of the So Solid Crew Wannabes who did it, the type who get rat arsed of about 1 can of Top Deck.
I just hope its not the start of something major with gun crime, Ive seen a lot of knives in Kirkby but shootings arent really a big thing yet.

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
Re: Shooting In Kirkby Yesterday
« Reply #105 on: August 12, 2008, 07:14:10 pm »
On the subject of Kirkby is there something in the water in them flats in Southdene?

I heard someone has jumped out the window again.

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2008, 07:17:50 pm »
On the subject of Kirkby is there something in the water in them flats in Southdene?

I heard someone has jumped out the window again.

Fucking hell AGAIN! Your messing? Gaywood Green I take it, my mate lives in them ones!
Someone hung themselves off the balcony in Quarrygreen flats by ours a few weeks ago as well.

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2008, 10:40:52 am »
Fucking hell AGAIN! Your messing? Gaywood Green I take it, my mate lives in them ones!
Someone hung themselves off the balcony in Quarrygreen flats by ours a few weeks ago as well.

Gaywood Green was indeed a site of another suicide (I live near there).  Supposed people living in urban decay killing themselves isn't news anymore, but I find it sad.  Can't help but feeling that if he was living in an area that was more regenerated he may have not seen suicide as a possible way out from whatever problems he has.  Not to say that Kirkby made him suicidal, but I'm sure living in a ghetto such as this didn't help.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Fat Tony

• Run Rosie Run!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2008, 07:57:01 pm »
living in an area that was more regenerated he may have not seen suicide as a possible way out from whatever problems he has.  Not to say that Kirkby made him suicidal, but I'm sure living in a ghetto such as this didn't help.

An area more regenerated? Kirkby is getting millions ploughed into it at the moment, I've been on the new schools the last few months, despite the fact that half the kids in Kirkby don't go to school! Try living in Kenny!

Offline DowntheLine1981

• Ignorant of the Dhamma
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vi Veri Universum Vivus Vici
    • Work's MySpace page....
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2008, 09:02:49 pm »
An area more regenerated? Kirkby is getting millions ploughed into it at the moment, I've been on the new schools the last few months, despite the fact that half the kids in Kirkby don't go to school! Try living in Kenny!

I have mate for two years, and I agree, Kenny is also a shit hole.  So to however is Kirkby, only Kirkby is more isolated than Kenny.  Incidentally, I believe Kirkby is actually shutting down schools (Ruffwood High) in order to sell off the land and are compensating by consolidating the school services into 'sports colleges' (Brookfield High School).  They did the same with the Kirkby Swimming Pool and the Kirkby Stadium.

I might also assert that the millions of pounds of regeneration that Kenny is and will receive mutes your point.

But lets not argue over who's urban ghetto is more of a hell hole - they both are. 
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
~Aristotle

"The trouble with having an open mind is that people will come along and try to put things in it."
~Terry Pratchett

“If you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
~Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 14, 2008, 02:54:18 pm »
I grew up in kirkby, tower hill to be more specific and fuck me it was desperate, the whole design for tower hill did nothing but encourage crime, it was full of rat runs. The answer they came up with as most Kirkby people will know was to knock half of it down and start again, plus points was watching the top shops getting blown up but then they even fucked that up too by nearly taking the surrounding houses out also.

I took me kids up there last month to see me ma as she still lives in the same house in (Heathfield) and as usual i went to the Towny and had a walk around, still the same old shithole, not one decent shop but loads of off licences, just depressing as fuck really.

But on the point of regeneration, i did see a few changes, the obvious ones are the new stadium and the plan to build a new secondary school is a good idea IMO as Ruffwood just looks awful and St Greg's or All Saints if you like is well past its sell by date.

To make matters worse i went to see me mate who is now living in Prescot (another part of Knowsley as you will know) and was really impressed with the new shopping complex they have built there, big tesco, next, jjb sports etc. This IMO is why i am hoping that the bitters build their stadium there as i feel Kirkby needs it desperately if it is to become a better more prosperous place to live but to my suprise when i talk to old friends or family that still live there, they dont want it to happen  :o  too many cars they say on match days, away fans will cause problems, we wont have any where to park. Unbelievable attitude IMO but then i dont have to live there anymore so what would i know. What i do know though is that if it is built then that god awful excuse for a town centre will be flattened and replaced and me dear old ma might have some decent shops instead of the rubbish that she has to put up with at the moment.

Offline VAMOS!

• Main Stander
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2008, 03:10:50 pm »
wools
ARE YOU DIZZY BLUD

Offline VintageRed74

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2008, 03:18:08 pm »
wools
:rash  :jong  :nirnir

Always makes me giggle when Kirkby/Huyton people are called wools, oot's etc.

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #113 on: August 14, 2008, 06:56:11 pm »
wools

How can you call Kirkby people Wools? Its fucking crazy everyone are pure scouser down here.
Back on the topic of Kirkby schools though, even Brookfield was past its sell by date when I was there appearance wise although it was a good school with good teachers and we always got good exam results.
Kirkby really is a land of no opportunity though, we have nothing here.

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2008, 11:12:29 pm »
How can you call Kirkby people Wools? Its fucking crazy everyone are pure scouser down here.

Cos you haven't got Purple Bins!!!!!!!!

Offline Gedo

• Tube Blower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2008, 02:49:04 pm »
Ey, am from huyton and I am a fucking scouser ok ;P
I painted my bin from maroon to purple
just to be scouseeeeeeeeeeeee! ;D

On a serious note, Huyton is just as bad of a shithole as any of the other places around knowsley and liverpool, if not worse.

But it just doesn't feel bad to me 'coz I have grown up here all my life, etc, etc ;D
And ye Street signs are in Green ;)

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #116 on: August 26, 2008, 04:59:47 pm »
What they really need is some kind of sports facility, or a football stadium, to keep these kids off the streets...
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2008, 06:31:11 pm »
What they really need is some kind of sports facility, or a football stadium, to keep these kids off the streets...
How about a BMX track, or a dry ski slope. :D
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2008, 07:33:07 am »
The fella who died at Gaywood was an ex workmate of mine and had just recently retired. He was a Big Liverpool fan and Ian St John was his idol, even at the age of sixty he used to talk to me about Liverpool as if he was still a teenager and he had followed the Reds everywhere in the 60's and 70's. He didn't live in Kirkby but had worked in the area for forty three years. Without going into details everything that had mattered to him in his life had been taken from him in the past few months and it is very sad and a great shock to all that knew him. R.I.P Johnny, you will never walk alone.

Offline Red_in_Holland

• arl arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • Attack is the best defense.. btw we have both
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2008, 01:22:57 am »
The fella who died at Gaywood was an ex workmate of mine and had just recently retired. He was a Big Liverpool fan and Ian St John was his idol, even at the age of sixty he used to talk to me about Liverpool as if he was still a teenager and he had followed the Reds everywhere in the 60's and 70's. He didn't live in Kirkby but had worked in the area for forty three years. Without going into details everything that had mattered to him in his life had been taken from him in the past few months and it is very sad and a great shock to all that knew him. R.I.P Johnny, you will never walk alone.

Condolences mate.  Its easy to take the piss and make light, when you dont know the people involved.  Sad to hear of a good red ending that way.

RIP Johnny
Los Rojos Conquistadores
"It's good to have a challenge in training. If you play against one of the best strikers in the Premier League almost everyday, that can only help you when the game comes around each weekend."

Asked if he had worked out how to stop Torres, Hyypia added: "I'm working on it, I'm working on it.