Author Topic: The Kirkby Thread  (Read 57608 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: The Kirkby Thread
« Reply #160 on: February 6, 2015, 09:39:59 pm »
7up's great
ask Joan Hall
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: February 7, 2015, 06:56:01 am »
I hope you've got your schools mixed up as St Kevs was the all boys Catholic school.....................

Ha ha

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 7, 2015, 01:11:50 pm »
I hope you've got your schools mixed up as St Kevs was the all boys Catholic school.....................

:lmao  Come to think of it, she did have hands like Andre The Giant.

So was Roughwood the other school? That's the one I must have meant (runs out the thread quickly before everyone realises I went out with Les Dawson in a wig with lippy).
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 7, 2015, 03:03:41 pm »

So was Roughwood the other school? That's the one I must have meant (runs out the thread quickly before everyone realises I went out with Les Dawson in a wig with lippy).
Roughwood was the nickname Les gave the other lads cock.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 8, 2015, 12:52:02 pm »
7up's great
ask Joan Hall

Sprayed on a wall on the leccy side circa 1980 if I remember right.

In Northwood you had St Kevs and Ruffwood right next to each other and St Gregorys and Brookfield were in Southdene.

I went to Ruffwood and we were always fighting with St Kevs, unfair odds as our school was about 1800 mixed and about 2000 lads in theirs. It used to kick off in the townie a lot and by St Chads church, cos they could ambush those going to Westvale, one lad got jumped and kicked unconcious, ended up in hospital for ages. Remember we all got kept back once as when we came out of school there was a line of lads stretching from the gate on County Road to St Kevs, must have been a thousand lads waiting for us.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #165 on: February 9, 2015, 08:11:10 am »

Saint Gregory's was the girls school

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 10, 2015, 01:08:50 am »

I went to Ruffwood and we were always fighting with St Kevs, unfair odds as our school was about 1800 mixed and about 2000 lads in theirs. It used to kick off in the townie a lot and by St Chads church, cos they could ambush those going to Westvale, one lad got jumped and kicked unconcious, ended up in hospital for ages. Remember we all got kept back once as when we came out of school there was a line of lads stretching from the gate on County Road to St Kevs, must have been a thousand lads waiting for us.

Ha ha, you could make a movie:

...against insurmountable odds the few of Ruffwood pitched against the unruly-sex-starved Catholic horde...

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 10, 2015, 04:45:50 pm »
Cheers Rob. It was definitely a mixed school. Different person told me this story about the fights between the schools, but was there one of those leccy sub stations near where they used to fight, you know the ones that are about 10/12 feet high or so cubes? Someone told me at one particular scrap, there was a lad on top of one of them with either a metal BB gun or air rifle just absolutely peppering every c*nt. I'm from Walton, and the fights between Alsop and Anny Comp in the park were fucking murder, so they sound sort of similar.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 11, 2015, 08:23:26 am »
Cheers Rob. It was definitely a mixed school. Different person told me this story about the fights between the schools, but was there one of those leccy sub stations near where they used to fight, you know the ones that are about 10/12 feet high or so cubes? Someone told me at one particular scrap, there was a lad on top of one of them with either a metal BB gun or air rifle just absolutely peppering every c*nt. I'm from Walton, and the fights between Alsop and Anny Comp in the park were fucking murder, so they sound sort of similar.

Yeah Macca they were dotted all over the place, it was probably the ones right near the school.

My cousins used to go to Alsop, I remember getting dragged into one of those fights one night when we were down there.

Ha ha, you could make a movie:

...against insurmountable odds the few of Ruffwood pitched against the unruly-sex-starved Catholic horde...

Where do you think they got the idea for The 300 from  ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:27:13 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #169 on: February 11, 2015, 11:23:54 pm »
I used to live in Norris Green and fell asleep bladdered on the 19. I ended up in Tower Hill . It was the last bus.

How's that ?
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: February 12, 2015, 12:14:30 pm »
Those school fights were mad. Remember when my school All Saints (think it was the successor to St Kevs and St Greg's) had a massive kick off with Ruffwood. I was just a blue shirt so didn't really get involved but people getting jumped all over the place. Remember one Friday teachers offered to give people lifts home in the minibus if they where worried, as Ruffwood finished early on Fridays and where waiting outside the gates. It ended with a massive Barney on the Chad with lads from our school lining up like they where in a Victorian army with air rifles aimed at the oppossing lines apparently. Brookfield just went along with their mates or who they thought would win.

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2015, 07:52:24 am »
The good old days eh :shocked
I remember a big crew of lads coming from Kirkby down to Fazak and having a pitched battle outside the Rio, lads getting thrown through the shop windows, blood everywhere, I only went in there to get a bag of chips, fuckin murder it was.
Imagine letting your own kids get up to that shit nowadays.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2015, 08:12:35 am »
My old man used to teach P.E in St Kevs in the early seventies ,he says they would kick the shite out of Ruffwood any day of the week.

Offline diaspora

• Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2015, 03:01:40 pm »
My old man used to teach P.E in St Kevs in the early seventies ,he says they would kick the shite out of Ruffwood any day of the week.
I went to Ruffwood in late 60's early 70's, not the case at all. Ruffwood could take care of themselves

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2015, 11:59:07 pm »
I went to Ruffwood in late 60's early 70's, not the case at all. Ruffwood could take care of themselves
Only taking the piss mate, I haven't asked him his views on the rivalry yet.

Was it true that St Kevs was the biggest Boys school in the whole of Europe ? He always told me it was.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #175 on: March 14, 2015, 08:34:56 pm »

Was it true that St Kevs was the biggest Boys school in the whole of Europe ? He always told me it was.

Think t Kevs was the biggest single sex school in England.

Don't think that Ruffwood were that arsed about fighting buy St Kenvs was absolutely full of loons
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
« Reply #176 on: March 14, 2015, 08:57:19 pm »

Don't think that Ruffwood were that arsed about fighting buy St Kenvs was absolutely full of loons

Oi, my dad and his mates all went there, actually when I think about it you are right  ;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 08:59:11 pm by kirkbywool »

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2015, 07:13:44 am »

Got a mention off China Crisis too.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline diaspora

• Main Stander
« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2015, 04:01:42 pm »

Not sure about how big St Kevs was. In the 60s Ruffwood was 16 form entry when I went there. Given that Brooky was another but smaller non denominational school it wouldn't have been far off Ruffwood in terms of intake so entirely possible that it had some status as largest boys school

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2015, 07:11:20 pm »
Holy Angels & All Saints for me.

Kirkby born and bred but moved up to the posher end of the borough now.....Huyton.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 15, 2015, 10:03:25 pm »

Not sure about how big St Kevs was. In the 60s Ruffwood was 16 form entry when I went there. Given that Brooky was another but smaller non denominational school it wouldn't have been far off Ruffwood in terms of intake so entirely possible that it had some status as largest boys school

I went to Ruffwood from 1978 to 83 and if I remember right, St Kevs had just over 2,000 pupils while Ruffwood had about 1,800.

Holy Angels & All Saints for me.

Kirkby born and bred but moved up to the posher end of the borough now.....Huyton.

Holy Angels had the best footy team when I was a lad. We (Overdale) won the North Zone league in 77-78 but Holy Angels won everything else. 2 years later the team our kid played in for Overdale won everything. As a reward, they got taken to Manchester Airport on the coach used by the LFC first team by Steve Heighway, our kid sat in Kennys seat.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: March 15, 2015, 10:07:09 pm »

My dad taught there from 69 to 72 then moved back to his hometown school in Bangor and he always says he loved the kids in St Kevs and Liverpool as a whole ,much more than he ever did with the schoolkids here. The humour on scousers always impressed him the most I think.
He says the St Kev lads used to always meet by some bridge to fight the Crocky lads on the other side after school, loons but in a good way he reckons ;D

He still insists it was the biggest comprehensive in Europe at the time.

One things for sure ,that's one hell of a lot of lads in one place with no girls to distract them from fighting each other.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2015, 11:31:22 pm »
You missed Fat Scouser, he's Mayor of Bournemouth.
I gave it up for Lent, John. I'm now officially a Freeman of the World. Born in Candia Street, just off Neddy Rd, left to go to Kirkby in the slum clearances, have walked the earth, never leaving a trace, ever since. The pay's lousy but the hours are good. Spent a good few years in Kirkby, was last up there last summer, still got some great mates there. But life expectancy is lower than Gaza Strip, so they are thinning out fast and I'm due a visit.

Macca, was her name BinLid? She used to wank everyone and their dogs. Or there was Fat Sandra. She used to ride the buses all day, standing next to the drivers and nosh them off at the terminus on Towerhill. Ahh, Kirkby, I miss it. Fucking great place, boss people, done nothing but laugh there.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2015, 11:42:23 pm »
I was about 11 when we moved to Kirkby. Local hardcases then were the old school lads, Andy Shack and Billy McMullen. I'd pay to see someone say they're not Scouse. I only knew a few that were born in Kirkby. I've only got the one mate, old as me born out there. He insists on making being born in Kirkby an issue. the rest of us got Shangaied out there for some reason or another. They used to wipe out people's rent arrears in the 60's if they'd move there and work in the factories on the Estate. I used to work for Trevor Scott and Bob Isherwood  on the market. I went to Ross Common before we moved and Brookfield when we got to Kirkby. Sound gaff, great laugh. All the schools used to knock fuck out of one another, but we'd all gang up and go to fight Crockie and we all used to hang round together at Centre 63. Skip the Vicar was an arse smacker an all. Maybe it was the country air.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #184 on: April 23, 2015, 12:22:40 am »
Not the place it used to be thanks to local councillers and Tesco!
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #185 on: April 25, 2015, 12:35:38 pm »
You should see the fucking kip of the block paving going down in the towny, it's really bad you know.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: May 10, 2015, 12:51:18 pm »
I went to SFX in the early 80s. We had an unbeaten footy team and played Ruffwood at home one Saturday morning. We were getting beat 1-0 with about 2 mins to go when I fell over the ball on the edge of the box, the ref (our teacher/manager) gave a free kick and we scored and the whistle went. Everyone from Ruffwood went fuckin nuts, we ended up getting locked in the changies while dads lads and teachers were fightin everywhere. Lol.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: May 11, 2015, 10:27:52 am »
I went to SFX in the early 80s. We had an unbeaten footy team and played Ruffwood at home one Saturday morning. We were getting beat 1-0 with about 2 mins to go when I fell over the ball on the edge of the box, the ref (our teacher/manager) gave a free kick and we scored and the whistle went. Everyone from Ruffwood went fuckin nuts, we ended up getting locked in the changies while dads lads and teachers were fightin everywhere. Lol.

Which teacher was it? I went to SFX in the 90s but some of those teachers had been there years!

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: May 11, 2015, 01:18:11 pm »
Which teacher was it? I went to SFX in the 90s but some of those teachers had been there years!
Mr Brady, he taught languages as well I think.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: May 11, 2015, 04:18:06 pm »

some boss teams at SFX in the 80s, Mike Newell's of course and John Jeffer's (Port Vale cult-hero) a couple of years later but I think Mick Jones, Connie Fru etc went all 5 years unbeaten.
anyway what are all the pink-blazered southend poofters doing in the Kirkby thread :D

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: May 11, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »

Pete Brady, legend. He was there that long that he taught my mate's Dad which would have been in the early 70s! He's done some scouting for Liverpool too.

Offline tray fenny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: May 11, 2015, 06:09:05 pm »
some boss teams at SFX in the 80s, Mike Newell's of course and John Jeffer's (Port Vale cult-hero) a couple of years later but I think Mick Jones, Connie Fru etc went all 5 years unbeaten.
anyway what are all the pink-blazered southend poofters doing in the Kirkby thread :D
Yeah played in the same team as John, he scored the free kick in that game.

Re Kirkby read earlier post about Ruffwood bud
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 06:29:50 pm by tray fenny »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: May 20, 2015, 05:28:10 pm »
The fucking Elephant has arrived on his longboat!
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2015, 06:12:13 am »
My school football memories of Kirkby was of playing against St Kevin's in about 1971-1973, can't remember what year exactly.

They had a decent team but we managed to beat them 2-1, with me scoring the winner. Taking the ball in the inside-right channel about 25 yards out, I brushed past the centre-half and shot across the goalie from the edge of the box, one of those ones that just go past the goalie's finger tips and just squeeze inside the far post. Rushie would have been proud of it! Someone said their goalie was on Everton's books, so that made it all the better.

The lad who was co-striker with me that day had a sister called Mary, who married our very own ex-manager Roy Evans, so I'm sure he never went short of tickets. Happy days indeed.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2015, 01:49:07 pm »
Here he is, arl Eddy

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2015, 07:02:42 pm »
Anyone remember ''Mrs Huyton'' in her white van,and Paul the ice cream man?

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=291906.msg10121038#msg10121038

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2015, 08:35:43 am »
Paris.. Milan... New York... Kirkby [emoji23][emoji23] all the fashion hotspots

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2015, 01:20:37 am »
Here he is, arl Eddy

For a minute, I thought that was sailing up the Alt.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: October 14, 2015, 10:23:31 am »
 I can never decide the Townee or the Tate gallery with all this art going on.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #199 on: October 14, 2015, 01:44:26 pm »
I was brought up in Lydbury Crescent, just off of Park Brow. The Park Brow Shops are the Kirkby equivalent of Rodeo Drive although the curry sauce in the Park Brow Chippy is the best I have ever had!
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.