Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Qston on Today at 08:36:01 am »
Seems a bit like...

JK: "You ready to go on?"
MS:  "Sure whatevs. About fucking time"
JK:  "You don't sound ready..."
MS:  "Pfff what do you want me to say? Bit late innit" *waves arms like stroppy teen*
JK:  "You wanna go back on the bench?" *adopts Dad tone*
MS:  "Dude..." *jogs on pitch*

Sounds familiar

Dad "Can you just put your phone down for 1 minute while I talk to you"
Daughter "Just let me reply to this"
Dad "You have been replying for 10 minutes, just give me 2 minutes"
Daughter "God, you're so annoying"
Dad "It's rude you know, and I pay the bill"
Daughter (Huffs) "For god's sake, what do you want ?"

Cue it being blown out of all proportion when reported back to mother.
He's been at West Ham under Moyes' negativity but he's not done anything to suggest he's worth more than what West Ham paid for him.

I thought he'd looked pretty good? Is it just a consistency thing? Think Paqueta is the true gem there but seems he'll be off to City depending on what happens with the gambling charges.

Looking at Mats Weiffer stats, he seems to be a complete midfielder. Seems to be excellent in defence and his attacking numbers are great too. I know it’s only the Dutch league and you need to be cautious with a player over there but the numbers are impressive. Wonder if he’ll be on the shortlist if (hopefully) we target a number 6 this summer.

https://fbref.com/en/players/4876c9ab/Mats-Wieffer

Wouldn't trust FBREF numbers for Dutch players. I remember looking at someone like Sangare, whose numbers (if they were in England) would have him in the world class bracket...

The way FBREF works, it splits mens football into two groups. The first is PL, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, La Liga (and CL and EL) - so if you're a player in one of those leagues, you'll only be compared with players across those leagues/competitions. But if you're in Holland, you get compared to players in lesser leagues, so you end up looking great by comparison. It's basically all the second divisions of the big five leagues, plus top divisions in Portugal, Belgium, America, Mexico, Argentina and Brazil...

If you compared Wieffer to a holding mid in a top five league I'd imagine loads of those greens disappear... although maybe not!
I think people will have to be patient with Slot (ha fucking ha right?).

A totally new regime will take time to settle and time to implement their ideas and philosophies.

And time is something we don’t really have.  Because, the euros run absurdly late and the new season starts absurdly early.  Coaching time with the whole squad will be at something of a premium 

Be patient folks

Some of our fans have been talking about who comes after Slot before Slot has even signed.  ;D
I think people will have to be patient with Slot (ha fucking ha right?).

A totally new regime will take time to settle and time to implement their ideas and philosophies.

People already wrote him off just because he comes from the dutch league .. What makes you think he will be afforded the luxury of time...?
It couldn't not be more obvious that Kudus won't be of interest to us. Just go look at his profile.

Statistically speaking he's the opposite of Firmino, Mane, Salah and Jota who were all signed under Edwards' watch.

He is playing under David Moyes though?
Thanks Michael Edwards. Can you provide a list of legitimate targets please?
It couldn't not be more obvious that Kudus won't be of interest to us. Just go look at his profile.

Statistically speaking he's the opposite of Firmino, Mane, Salah and Jota who were all signed under Edwards' watch.
No offence but I’ve been saying that for ages, for all their talk of fixing the roof while the sun was shining they have presided over a doubling of the national debt, and we’re still borrowing circa £100 billion a year, people wonder why the country is fucked… I’ll give you another statistic, the government spends about 10% of its revenue (that’s about £100 billion of the £1000 billion it spends) on interest on the £2,700 billion it owes (most of that borrowed during the last 14 years), that’s why taxes are higher than they have ever been but public services so shit, we’re spending a higher proportion then we have in a long time on interest.

And it's why Labour can't afford to buy back the railway rolling stock when they eventually get around to renationalising the railways. When it comes to a nation's finances, people might not think £15bn or however much it might cost is a lot of money in the great scheme of things. But when your country owes £2.7 trillion fucking quid then it's clear there's absolutely no wiggle room in the short to medium term. Everything has to be revenue neutral and carefully costed.

The only way out of this is to find a way to grow the economy and pay down some of the debt. The Tories - once again - have fucked an entire generation.
Looking at Mats Weiffer stats, he seems to be a complete midfielder. Seems to be excellent in defence and his attacking numbers are great too. I know it’s only the Dutch league and you need to be cautious with a player over there but the numbers are impressive. Wonder if he’ll be on the shortlist if (hopefully) we target a number 6 this summer.

https://fbref.com/en/players/4876c9ab/Mats-Wieffer
we need to stay way from the eredivisie.
rwe need 2-3 big signings that can settle in quickly especially if we lose a big player
I can see us re signing all 3 of Trent,VVD, & Salah.

We have had enough players from abroad that are good but take time to settle.

Kudus & take advantage of PL teams who need to sell Wolves etc is where i think Edwards will look.
Hughes maybe take a look at Serie A too
Former LFC Players / Re: Sadio Mané
« Last post by smutchin on Today at 08:26:36 am »
It's the same as Phil schofield and that fella got rinsed for having a bit of teenage fun.

With Schofield, it wasn’t so much the age difference that was the issue, more the power imbalance in the relationship (senior presenter, junior researcher).

I’m disappointed Sadio went to the Saudi league but I’ve long since given up expecting pro footballers to have principles. Don’t know anything about his private life so not going to comment on that.
Its cooked. I have zero confidence in the premier league/fa/government

and the PGMOL.

Unless there's progress on the City charges and a major overhaul of the PGMOL, I'm going back to just following athletics and snooker this summer. Football is (to paraphrase Rossi) going the way of WWE. It's a joke of a sport at the moment.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10