Author Topic: Liverpool vs Man United: Eye witness report  (Read 11526 times)

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
Liverpool vs Man United: Eye witness report
« on: September 23, 2012, 09:48:18 pm »
Would Suarez shake Evra's hand? Would Evra shake Suarez's hand? Would United sing the song they did the previous week against Wigan? Would the football once again become the primary issue? There was plenty of questions to be answered, and thankfully, all of the questions turned out positive answers. Suarez and Evra did shake hands. United didn't sing any derogatory songs ( during the match anyway). And football did take the front seat once again, mostly due to the fantastic performance of the eventual losers.

The scene was set by a stirring rendition of you'll never walk alone, as well as three poignant mosaics. 96. The truth. Justice. In front of the watching world, Liverpool fans let anyone who didn't already know, that justice was the next target.

Liverpool lined up as expected, a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Glen Johnson again playing left back and Martin Kelly right back. Joe Allen anchored midfield alongside Steven Gerrard, with Jonjo Shelvey, fresh from his two goal cameo in Switzerland during midweek. Raheem Sterling and Fabio Borini flanked Luis Suarez, who returned to his 'false 9' role.

Manchester United matched up to Liverpool with a 4-2-3-1 of their own. Nemanja Vidic missed out, so Johnny Evans partnered Rio Ferdinand. Carrick and Giggs played as a midfield 2 for one of the first times since the Champions League defeat to Barcelona. Kabaka played off Van Persie, and Nani and Valencia occupied left and right wing respectively. 

The start of the match was predictably fast and furious. Shelvey and Gerrard thundered into a couple of early challenges, and Carrick and Giggs began to play around Shelvey. It wasn't for long however, as the rest of the half was all one way traffic. Once the early sting was taken out of the game,  Liverpool started to take the game by the scruff of the neck. Martin Skrtel and Daniel Agger were recycling the ball well, and Gerrard and Allen made sure Shinji Kagawa saw little of the ball. So much so that early on Kagawa was forced into drifting out onto the left hand side to find some much needed space. Patrice Evra was soon learning why there's so much hype around Raheem Sterling, as the winger gave him some early trouble. The first real talking point came on the half hour mark as Johnny Evans hauled Daniel Agger down in the penalty area; Mark Halsey was unperturbed and the play was waved on. The game changer came on 35 minutes. With Liverpool dominating the proceedings, Halsey finally evened things out. Jonjo Shelvey lunged into a tackle with both feet off the ground, and as soon as he did, it was always going to be a sending off. The problem with Halsey's decision was that Johnny Evans had gone in in a very similar manner. It was either a yellow for both, or a red for both. Instead it was Liverpool who were reduced to 10 men.

As the players came back onto the pitch for the second half, there was a change being made by both managers. Liverpool replacing the injured Borini with young Spanish midfielder Suso. For United, it was Nani coming off for Paul Scholes. That United were able to bring on a player with such experience and quality shows where both managers are in terms of what they have to work with. This isn't Ferguson's best United team, but it's a team that's been In the making for a long time. The introduction of Scholes was an important one. Because Liverpool were down to 10, there was no one there to press Scholes, and when you give someone like him time, as well as Carrick, you're going to find trouble. 

So whilst everyone in Anfield waited for United's second half barrage on the Liverpool goal, Steven Gerrard had other ideas. The ball found its way to Suso, and with a drop of the shoulder he managed to beat fellow sub Scholes. The cross wasn't a great one, but Man United failed to clear the ball. The poor attempt only found its way to Glen Johnson, who showed some impressive footwork. It seemed as though he had missed his chance to shoot, but ever aware, he scooped the ball toward Steven Gerrard, and the skipper showed excellent chest control and even better technique as he rifled a low left footed show into Lindegaard's bottom left corner. 

Only 5 minutes later United hit back. It was as though Gerrard's opener was a pale of cold water over each and every one of their players faces. Van Persie was afforded too much time in the box, his lay off found Rafael, and the Brazilian full back curled a stunning left footed shot into Reina's far post and then into the net. That could have been the signal for United to take control of the match, but it was Liverpool again who pushed for the games 3rd goal. Luis Suarez was denied what looked like a clear cut penalty 5 minutes later as he nipped in before Evans and was cut down before he could retrieve the ball. Again, Halsey was having none of it. Whether it was down to the fact he didn't think it was a penalty, or whether it was because it was Suarez, no one knows. Suarez's reputation certainly doesn't help him on these occasions, and it's becoming a bit of a worry. As cynical as it is, games are routinely decided by those kind of details. Suarez had a low rasping shot palmed away by Lindegaard on the hour mark, and not long after Suso put a curling shot toward the top corner, only for Lindegaard to again make the save. It was Suarez and Suso again who looked most likely as the latter slipped through Suarez , but the angle proved too tight and the shot fizzed past the far post. On the 75th minute the game was finally put to bed. Daniel Agger made a mess of controlling a pass on the halfway line, and Antonio Valencia stole in, broke away, and was hauled down by Glen Johnson. Penalty. It probably was, but it was less of a penalty that the ones Halsey refused on Agger and Suarez.  
Van Persie had 4 minutes to think on things, as Agger received treatment for suspected medial ligament damage. Reina got a hand to the ball, but it found the corner, and United finally had their lead.

Last week I sat and listened to thousands of United fans sing, "You're always the victim, it's never your fault."

Last week that song was directed towards 96 innocent people who died watching the team they love; this week, it couldn't have been more apt.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
Re: Liverpool vs Man United: Eye witness report
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 10:25:37 pm »
Very good post mate. I too, believe that Jonjo was always going to get a red card as he actually left his feet recklessly and dangerously. The reaction from Evans also helped Halsey make up his mind. Had Evans reacted like Suso did when Van Persie did something incredibly similar then it could have been 10 each. I also think that as Evans played the "I've just had my leg broken" victim death roll, that served to deflect his own horrific tackle technique.
We were by far the better team, but I was frustrated by Suarez's insistence on trying to beat everyone in the Utd box and not lift his head up looking for a better placed player. He was incredibly dangerous every time he was on the ball but his end product needs to improve - either by scoring more goals or by setting up someone else. He was also very composed on what is bound to  have been a very emotive day. I think Agger could have had a penalty and Suarez definitely should have had one but his reputation is costing him and us.
Even with 10 men we still looked the better team and deserved to take the lead but they took advantage of their extra man to work Rafael in down the right. We never seem to work hard enough to stop crosses coming in and inevitably they lead to goals.
Although the commentators (how much of an annoying c*nt is Alan Smith?) blamed Suso for a bad ball, it wasn't and somehow Agger let the ball run past him. It should have been either Agger or Johnson who tried to stop Valenica (the other should have covered) and whoever it was should have taken him out there and then and copped a valuable yellow card. However, Valencia got away and raced into the box before going down to win a penalty (by going down, I mean feeling Johnson breathing on the back of his neck and falling over). After the game Neville tried to say that there was contact and that it was a penalty but it never was.

The game finished 1-2 but it should never have got that far. We were by far the better team and they could not have complained if we had won by 2 or even 3 goals...

On the fan side of it, Debs watched the Mosaics and listed as we sang YNWA. The camera panned to the Utd end and she asked why they were chanting during what was obviously a special moment? I said that they were always like that and always sung awful songs about us. She could not believe it but understands now.

Well done Liverpool you made me proud...
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 10:28:26 pm »
Cheers for that dilks
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 10:44:29 pm »
Cheers!

Enjoyed that Mr D.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 11:47:27 pm »
Never a penalty at all for me. Valencia took too long to make his mind up, messed up the chance and fell over. Shocking decision to give that and not give the one on suarez.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 02:02:18 am »
Great OP Dilks, still think that was never a penalty, Valencia was not touched at all and went down easily. As for our performance I think it gives us a lot of pride how we went out with a fight even with all the decisions going against us, if the match continued as 11v11 there was no way United were coming back in it.

Kelly, Borini & Agger might all be injured, Shelvey will get suspended for the next three games, but I'm for the 1st time getting excited by the prospect of seeing some youngsters being given more & more chances at the 1st team level, Shelvey, Kelly, Sterling & Suso all looked like first team veterans when called upon and I'm sure that each & every youngster would eat the grass for us now to get to the level these four have reached. It is also amazing that their never die attitude is rubbing into our senior players who at the back end of last season looked uninterested and always gave out after conceding.

It may be a bad result, a terrible start but the future is bright and there are lots of positives to take, I have a feeling we'll get a string of wins in the league soon.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 02:14:33 am »
Enjoyed that summation mate, thanks.

I tell you what though, we are gonna fuckin tonk someone soon.
Id like to think its gonna be Stoke City.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 02:24:09 am »

Why stoke?  :o

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 02:25:22 am »
Why stoke?  :o

Because they play Rugby Football.

Be happy to have it at Norwich of course.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline FresnoBee

• Fresno A was the brainier brother.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 08:10:37 am »
That 'penalty' decision was also encouraged by the 'looking guilty as hell' look on Johnson's face.

Online Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 08:16:42 am »
Am I the only person who saw Shelvey's tackle as one footed, with the side of his foot, getting the ball cleanly, and with the aggression and force in the tackle coming from Evans? I'm normally objective about these things, or too critical of our players. But on this one, I can't see that he did anything wrong.
Long live the King

Offline FresnoBee

• Fresno A was the brainier brother.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 08:23:14 am »
Both tackles were dangerous. Both should be carded, but from Haley position (behind Shelvey), Shelvey's looked a lot more dangerous (off ground, hit Evans' ankle), where Evans' were getting the ball first before hacked down Shelvey. Both are young players tried to 'come' hard.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 08:26:03 am by FresnoBee »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2012, 08:46:21 am »
Thanks Dilks - very enjoyable.

I think you're correct about the Shelvey-Evans challenge. What's really annoying about what happened was its sheer predictability. I don't mean the fact that the Man Utd player stayed on and our lad got the red, but the fact that the player who was slightly later in the challenge received no punishment. This always seems to happen in these contested challenges. It's the same when a player is penalised for a high foot and he's only fractionally beaten an opponent to a bouncing ball. Both players have gone for the ball, both players are technically 'high', but it's the one who actually wins the ball who is penalised.

The same happened yesterday. Evans's uncontrolled leap was slightly later than Shelvey's uncontrolled leap. Inevitably it was the late challenger who stayed on the pitch. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2012, 12:07:01 pm »
Good post Mr Dilkington thanks for that.

Offline rushandapush

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 12:07:45 pm »
I was in upper centenary and thought United fans showed no respect. Chanting shit at the beginning was totally uncalled for. Vile fans.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 12:14:20 pm »
Am I the only person who saw Shelvey's tackle as one footed, with the side of his foot, getting the ball cleanly, and with the aggression and force in the tackle coming from Evans? I'm normally objective about these things, or too critical of our players. But on this one, I can't see that he did anything wrong.

Totally agree! its a stretchg block tackle. one footed, other foot going to ground nowhere near evens. The contact with the ball is with the side of his foot, it takes Shelvy's foot onto evens other leg. He played the ball. Evans jumped two footed and feet together. Utter joke! never a sending off, not even a foul.

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 12:50:16 pm »
Totally agree! its a stretchg block tackle. one footed, other foot going to ground nowhere near evens. The contact with the ball is with the side of his foot, it takes Shelvy's foot onto evens other leg. He played the ball. Evans jumped two footed and feet together. Utter joke! never a sending off, not even a foul.

Totally disagree, was a red card all day long, as probably was Evans's too. Tony Barrett pointed out in The Times today that it had been coming in recent weeks because he does tackle rashly. He should have had an earlier yellow as well. From his twitter comments it doesn't sound as if he thinks he should pull out of these challenges, maybe BR will need to have a word as it cost the team yesterday.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 01:05:47 pm »
Totally disagree, was a red card all day long, as probably was Evans's too. Tony Barrett pointed out in The Times today that it had been coming in recent weeks because he does tackle rashly. He should have had an earlier yellow as well. From his twitter comments it doesn't sound as if he thinks he should pull out of these challenges, maybe BR will need to have a word as it cost the team yesterday.

Couldnt disagree more. At the very least it isnt a red card all day long. its one footed without studs showning. When contact is made his other foot is planted. he makes contact with the ball first, and its only Evans momentum that causes the contact with the player. He can send him off for it, and he did. the bit that rankles me is that its being said that the ref had no choice. Thats bollucks, he didnt have to send him off for that. It wasnt even the worst tackle in the game. Halsey made a choice, and suprise suprise, when he had a decision to make he went with utd at every opportunity. Every single decision he made could have been different and there wouldnt have been any complaints. You could argue that if shelvey had stayed on he would have been lucky, and thats fine but Halsey went big with his decisions against us yesterday, and soft with decisions against Utd. No consistency. He felt the pressure of the occasion, he felt the pressure from Ferguson, and he for some inexplicable reason was determined to not give us anything.

The last minute of the game, and utd player goes through the back of Suarez in an excellent position for us to have a go. Why wasnt it given, why was play not brought back. You wont often find me berrating reffering performances. But that yesterday was atrocius, and it wasnt all round atrociuos just against us. Always the victims. Fucking right we are.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 01:07:54 pm »
Totally agree!

Totally disagree,

Couldnt disagree more.

Well that's cleared that one up. ;D

I think that shows that all these decisions were 'contentious'. None of them were outrageously bad calls but the fact we can't agree on them shows there was some doubt, yet United got the benefit of every single one.That is what's most galling.

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 01:14:02 pm »
Couldnt disagree more. At the very least it isnt a red card all day long. its one footed without studs showning. When contact is made his other foot is planted. he makes contact with the ball first, and its only Evans momentum that causes the contact with the player. He can send him off for it, and he did. the bit that rankles me is that its being said that the ref had no choice. Thats bollucks, he didnt have to send him off for that. It wasnt even the worst tackle in the game. Halsey made a choice, and suprise suprise, when he had a decision to make he went with utd at every opportunity. Every single decision he made could have been different and there wouldnt have been any complaints. You could argue that if shelvey had stayed on he would have been lucky, and thats fine but Halsey went big with his decisions against us yesterday, and soft with decisions against Utd. No consistency. He felt the pressure of the occasion, he felt the pressure from Ferguson, and he for some inexplicable reason was determined to not give us anything.

The last minute of the game, and utd player goes through the back of Suarez in an excellent position for us to have a go. Why wasnt it given, why was play not brought back. You wont often find me berrating reffering performances. But that yesterday was atrocius, and it wasnt all round atrociuos just against us. Always the victims. Fucking right we are.

Completely agree with you regarding the inconsistensies, they were ridiculous and Utd SHOULD have had at least one man if not 2 sent off, and the penalty decisions both ways were ridiculous. But Jonjo did steam in, it did look reckless jumping from one challenge into another, and in my humble opinion that is a red card (or is at least supposed to be). Whether these challenges should be red cards is a different matter, and David Luiz got away with a worse one, but there is little doubt that Jonjo's red stopped us getting something from the game that our performance deserved.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2012, 01:16:08 pm »
I've had my 'cooling down' period, and still don't see how Jonjo's tackle was worse than Evans' or that Valencia's penalty decision was correct.

I agree that if it's a red, they're both reds. I thought Shelvey's tackle was more like one of those hard, fan-pleasing 'crunch' ones that you go into in the derbies and other big games. IIRC, the crowd responded well and loudly to the challenge at the time and I didn't see that it was even going to be an issue until all our players surrounded the ref, and when that happened you knew what was going to follow. Had Evans bounced back up or had Jonjo been hurt as well, the decision would have been different me thinks. At any rate, the referee shouldn't make a game-changing call like that unless he's confident, and judging by his 9 second or so delay whilst he consulted an official who was in a far worse position to see the incident than he was, I can't conclude that this was the case.

Tony Barrett pointed out in The Times today that it had been coming in recent weeks because he does tackle rashly.
This is true, he does like a lunge, and ought to discipline his tackling in general.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 03:46:24 pm »

You're not the only one mate, But then I come from an era when tackling was a skill and part of the game
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Pheeny

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 04:19:05 pm »
You're not the only one mate, But then I come from an era when tackling was a skill and part of the game
in your day both players would have just got up and carried on as if nothing happened.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 04:22:48 pm »
in your day both players would have just got up and carried on as if nothing happened.

Not even that long ago (no offence intended Vic :D ). There's a great clip of Reid and McMahon in a Merseyside Derby, think it's the 87/88 season where they both go in for a full blooded challenge. I'm sure studs fly and or a kick or two is aimed, they square up for a moment and then laugh it off and play continues. Anyone know the incident I'm talking about?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 05:22:12 pm »

Steve McMahon and Peter Reid in the Derby. That was like Napoleon's infantry running into Kutuzov's infantry at Borodino. Neither of the assaulted wanted to show they were hurt.

EDIT: I see Crosby Nick beat me to it. One of the iconic physical clashes of all time though.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:23:45 pm by yorkykopite »
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2012, 05:39:10 pm »
I was in upper centenary and thought United fans showed no respect. Chanting shit at the beginning was totally uncalled for. Vile fans.
I have lots of respect for them as a club, what they've achieved, past great players like Charlton, etc. but their shocking supporters ruin the image of that club imho. Still, who cares about them, at least we spend time getting behind our own club rather than spouting shit about rivals in every game they play.
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2012, 05:40:51 pm »

Stoke will park the bus and make it extremely hard for us. The only way we'll have a chance of hammering them is if we score early.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 06:05:11 pm »
I read this quote from Xabi Alonso on the Guardian blog yesterday and I have to say I agree with him completely. We know that these days football is no longer a contact sport, so perhaps we should be training our young players to read the game better.

"I don't think tackling is a quality. It is a recurso, something you have to resort to, not a characteristic of your game. At Liverpool I used to read the matchday programme and you'd read an interview with a lad from the youth team. They'd ask: age, heroes, strong points, etc. He'd reply: 'Shooting and tackling'. I can't get into my head that football development would educate tackling as a quality, something to learn, to teach, a characteristic of your play. How can that be a way of seeing the game? I just don't understand football in those terms. Tackling is a [last] resort, and you will need it, but it isn't a quality to aspire to, a definition. It's hard to change because it's so rooted in the English football culture, but I don't understand it."

Also, a gripe I have with our play lately is our passing. Too many times I see a player pass to a team mate at a hundred miles an hour thereby making it very difficult to control.  And another thing is seeing a player having to stretch slightly to receive a pass.  Paisley's sides always passed into space or accurately found a team mate thereby reducing injuries (groin strains, niggles, etc).

Other than that, I thought our performance yesterday was excellent.  I feel for Rodgers, he just isn't getting any luck at all at the moment. Had it stayed 11 v 11 I honestly think we'd have won 3 - 0.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall