Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 575351 times)

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #12840 on: April 26, 2024, 10:18:20 pm »
Be done shortly this.

Imagine full announcement end of week, to allow for proper interview and media package etc.

Think it’ll be a low-keys statement confirming he’ll be the new manager. Then a proper unveiling with interview etc once the season is done. Would be weird to have a proper interview while he remains manager of another club and while Jurgen is still in post.

Offline Irishred1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12841 on: April 26, 2024, 10:18:43 pm »
New journey will begin. Gl Arne.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #12842 on: April 26, 2024, 10:19:31 pm »
Pretty similar sentiments myself all round. One thing that irks me is the timing, not sure why this couldn’t have waited until we said goodbye to Klopp.

I look at like, now we’ve got all the speculation out of the way, we’ve got 4 games to party with Klopp
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12843 on: April 26, 2024, 10:20:11 pm »
Klopp, an impossible person to follow (see Fergie and Moyes). So we go for Slot, not a big name in any shape but has won the league with Feyenoord and Hollands version of the FA Cup. So he follows Klopp, like a lamb to the slaughter and after 1 or 2 mediocre seasons we then get somebody big. Perhaps Xabi has won more and wants a change. Perhaps manager X X or X become available. I might be wrong but then I might be right in thinking this is a no brainer calculated loss. Say we bring in a big name now that can't follow Klopp, then what...this way the big name doesn't follow Klopp, he follows an under achieving Slot.
Obviously it goes without saying that I hope he does well, before anyone shoots me down.
Does it go without saying though? You seem to be intimating he’ll fail miserably in all but the PS bit at the end.

Perhaps it’s just the way you put things
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Razors Razor

• Sworn enemy of Occam's Occam.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12844 on: April 26, 2024, 10:20:38 pm »
You just shot yourself down, no need for anyone else.

I said I hope he does well. To add then, I hope he wins the quadruple next season and the season after. It was just a thought . May be wrong may be right.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12845 on: April 26, 2024, 10:20:38 pm »
Nice to get it all sorted in pretty good time, him and Hughes etc can make plans as we might already be a little behind where we'd normally be at this stage, important for transfer targets to know who the new guy is etc etc.

Excited to see how this goes and in the mean time the greatest send off in history for Jurgs v Wolves.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12846 on: April 26, 2024, 10:20:59 pm »
;D

I'd love it if he did his first presser with his head polished like a bowling ball and a new set of big shiny white teeth.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12847 on: April 26, 2024, 10:22:18 pm »
I think there’s room for both excitement at the new manager, fresh start and remaining respectful to a Liverpool Legend and give him the great send off he deserves

Yeah exactly. Klopp will rightfully get a terrific send off but it's exciting to see what happens now under a new coaching team.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12848 on: April 26, 2024, 10:23:14 pm »
Good that we have found a manager before the end of the season imo. That was he can identify which players he'd want us to sign instead of a manager coming in mid July and the club not buying anyone, or worse that no one wants to join as they may not fit into the managers plan.
Could easily cry that Jurgen is going, just trying to find the positives.

slotter can watch the next few games now to do some homework before he starts
will be interesting to see if he speaks to klopp and pep to get there thoughts on the players

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #12849 on: April 26, 2024, 10:23:52 pm »
Pretty similar sentiments myself all round. One thing that irks me is the timing, not sure why this couldn’t have waited until we said goodbye to Klopp.

Prefer it being done now myself, sick of all the speculation and new names coming into the fray. I'm quite excited, I think it'd be hard ever wanting Klopp to go but it's pretty clear now given the stress of it all (as other Liverpool managers have found out in the past) and certain elements of our game that we could do with a change. I've got a feeling the football is going to be exciting judging by what he's done at Feyenoord.

Total fucking Slotball  8)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Razors Razor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12850 on: April 26, 2024, 10:24:38 pm »
Does it go without saying though? You seem to be intimating he’ll fail miserably in all but the PS bit at the end.

Perhaps it’s just the way you put things

I actually added the "PS". I wasn't going to put that initially, as I thought it would be obvious that a Liverpool fan wants he team to win. Then I thought, just in case best had, and that's still wrong  :butt

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12851 on: April 26, 2024, 10:24:57 pm »
Very curious as to how this all works out. Really we are looking for him to buck a trend. I can’t remember the last time a legendary manager was adequately replaced in one appointment, and aside from Arteta, I  can’t remember the last time a young manager made a step up like this successfully. He’s never had to deal with pressure like he will have in this job. From a purely football fan perspective, I don’t love how he’s yet another Guardiola/Bielsa influenced coach.

The positives - he seems like a good, confident character who may embrace the pressure. It’s also a big win for certain players who currently seem like a bit of a misfit. Most notable are Elliott, Gakpo, Szobo.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #12852 on: April 26, 2024, 10:27:12 pm »
Hopefully his time with us before he gets sacked for the next great big name  is as easy as it can be for him without to much ridicule. For me and for him. Please don’t make a fucking show of us Arne ffs

Swear to god, not looking forward to Errol the Man City supporter who’s my milkman taking the piss cos we lost a game with an interim manager who happened to be bald managing us. Christ, the fucking shame of it

SHUT IT ARNE YA SOFT BASTARD.  YA MAKING A FOOL OF YASELF. KEEP YA HEAD DOWN TILL ZIDANE TAKES THE REIGNS FFS.

Theres a good lad

Offline Razors Razor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12853 on: April 26, 2024, 10:27:52 pm »
slotter can watch the next few games now to do some homework before he starts
will be interesting to see if he speaks to klopp and pep to get there thoughts on the players

Yup. Happy that this is getting sorted early doors and he can do just that.
Good shout. He got to get in touch surley, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was Jurgen that reached out.
Going to be interesting if he rates the kids highly. Also Gravenberch, I hope he gets the nod he's part of the future. Do rate that lad and am a but bias.

Interesting summer ahead.

Oh, and Slotter   ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 10:29:29 pm by Razors Razor »

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #12854 on: April 26, 2024, 10:28:00 pm »
Welcome Arne Slot, this a big job and big shoes but we’ll give you 100% up the reds

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #12855 on: April 26, 2024, 10:28:55 pm »
It’s good to read all the positive comments.

Glad we’ll sign him before the season ends so he’ll have some time to do his research, think about the squad etc

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12856 on: April 26, 2024, 10:29:17 pm »
It’s also a big win for certain players who currently seem like a bit of a misfit. Most notable are Elliott, Gakpo, Szobo.

Why is that?

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12857 on: April 26, 2024, 10:29:34 pm »

I can understand what you mean with the timing. But at the same time, it can't wait until we're into the summer before we even approach him, and once we have approached him, it's very difficult to keep that out of the news. It was the same with Klopp announcing he was going - I could imagine both he and the club didn't want to make it public then, but their hand was forced.

Also, while the timing is a bit distracting from Jurgen's last few games, our form and the way the Klopp era is ending is pretty dreadful right now, so this could actually have a positive effect on the players to have certainty over what comes next.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #12858 on: April 26, 2024, 10:29:50 pm »
When does the Dutch season finish?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #12859 on: April 26, 2024, 10:30:40 pm »
When does the Dutch season finish?
Quarter to five

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12860 on: April 26, 2024, 10:30:47 pm »
Klopp, an impossible person to follow (see Fergie and Moyes). So we go for Slot, not a big name in any shape but has won the league with Feyenoord and Hollands version of the FA Cup. So he follows Klopp, like a lamb to the slaughter and after 1 or 2 mediocre seasons we then get somebody big. Perhaps Xabi has won more and wants a change. Perhaps manager X X or X become available. I might be wrong but then I might be right in thinking this is a no brainer calculated loss. Say we bring in a big name now that can't follow Klopp, then what...this way the big name doesn't follow Klopp, he follows an under achieving Slot.
Obviously it goes without saying that I hope he does well, before anyone shoots me down.

Be assured that if he is shit, then he will get the sack. He wont be shift forever and ever.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12861 on: April 26, 2024, 10:30:51 pm »
Glad this is done early and we can plan.

Same level of anxiety if it was Xabi, Amiron or Slot. No guarantees and a period of transition and uncertainty ahead.

Let's get behind him and give him time.

Hope he gets us which is key to the relationship he will have with the fans.

Now find a number 6!

Offline Razors Razor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12862 on: April 26, 2024, 10:32:48 pm »

In this day and age it would no doubt get leaked. Plus it gives some stability knowing a manager is ready in place. Get what you mean though, in an ideal world it would be an amazing Jurgen send off and then  manager announced.

Offline Razors Razor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12863 on: April 26, 2024, 10:33:24 pm »
Be assured that if he is shit, then he will get the sack. He wont be shift forever and ever.

That's what I put?!

Offline Razors Razor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12864 on: April 26, 2024, 10:33:49 pm »
Glad this is done early and we can plan.

Same level of anxiety if it was Xabi, Amiron or Slot. No guarantees and a period of transition and uncertainty ahead.

Let's get behind him and give him time.

Hope he gets us which is key to the relationship he will have with the fans.

Now find a number 6!

Battytits no? Or to add to?

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #12865 on: April 26, 2024, 10:33:49 pm »
I actually added the "PS". I wasn't going to put that initially, as I thought it would be obvious that a Liverpool fan wants he team to win. Then I thought, just in case best had, and that's still wrong  :butt

Without the PS it does sound like a pretty negative viewpoint but as I say maybe it’s just the way you put things or the way I’m reading it
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12866 on: April 26, 2024, 10:33:56 pm »
Welcome Arne, I'm sure you'll be a big success ya shiny headed fooker

Offline Razors Razor

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12867 on: April 26, 2024, 10:37:00 pm »
Without the PS it does sound like a pretty negative viewpoint but as I say maybe it’s just the way you put things or the way I’m reading it

Sooooo it's negative without the PS and with the PS. Should I run my posts by you before hitting reply  :rollseyes (that was a joke)

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #12868 on: April 26, 2024, 10:37:39 pm »
I thought we would go for a little bit bigger name, to be honest, but clearly the club wants someone young.

An advantage is that I think he comes in with a bit lower expectations than Xabi would have. I expect quite a bit of squad turnover this summer, and a bit of a rebuild next year.

I'm excited, and I think some players could use a new manager's perspective.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #12869 on: April 26, 2024, 10:39:44 pm »
Boooooooooooooooooooo

You mean like the king is dead, and like long live the king?

I just live in the moment and look to the future. I’ve never been one to look back at the past in sport. It’s all about the emotion there and then, the bad times make the good times all the sweeter.

In football the past is dead, gone, no longer.  There is only future
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12870 on: April 26, 2024, 10:41:53 pm »
Welcome Arne. The best of luck.  :D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12871 on: April 26, 2024, 10:43:39 pm »
why are people saying he is going to get sacked when he hasnt managed a game yet

when we buy a player do you know how good or bad he is going to be before he plays for us

klopp is great manager and we all knew he was going to leave one day the same as shankly , paisley and king kenny

lfc as a club is far bigger than klopp i find it sad that some fans dont realise that

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12872 on: April 26, 2024, 10:44:11 pm »
Welcome to the lad. Know nothing about him - same with Klopp. Let's hope he can have as big an impact
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12873 on: April 26, 2024, 10:55:07 pm »
It's a transition manager - if he can manage to keep us in the Top 4 and maybe get a cup run every year thats all that will be initially expected.

We've basically just employed another Brendan Rodgers....if he plays good football, i'll take it until we can get another elite manager in
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12874 on: April 26, 2024, 10:58:16 pm »
It's a transition manager - if he can manage to keep us in the Top 4 and maybe get a cup run every year thats all that will be initially expected.

We've basically just employed another Brendan Rodgers....if he plays good football, i'll take it until we can get another elite manager in

this is wind up right? I can’t tell in this mad thread.

He certainly isn’t being brought here as a ‘transition manager’, he’s been brought here to carry on the good work and to win.  The expectations will be high.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #12875 on: April 26, 2024, 10:58:20 pm »

That’s the spirit. Everything Klopp taught you.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Funkster

• Main Stander
« Reply #12876 on: April 26, 2024, 10:59:15 pm »

:lmao
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Bob Paisley

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #12877 on: April 26, 2024, 10:59:22 pm »
You lot of miserable pricks when Arne brings techno football to the prem and we have the time of our lives.

Offline Redknight60

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12878 on: April 26, 2024, 11:01:22 pm »
When I left Dortmund, my last sentence was it is not so important what people think when you come in, it is more important what they think when you leave. Please give us time to work on it

Wise words.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #12879 on: April 26, 2024, 11:01:24 pm »

It’s very early to be saying that and you have to keep an open mind and see how he does. Yes it is a risk in that he will be managing better quality players and the pressure will be on him to win most games.

On the other hand it is difficult to get a top quality manager…..United and Chelsea have been failing recently and they both have money to throw at the problem.

#JFT97