Author Topic: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes  (Read 141237 times)

Offline shanklyboy

• OCB Enforcer.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 6 months of Roy Hodgson quotes
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2010, 02:53:12 am »
"Barely a blink of an eye," according to some. Six years, then he can be judged.

6 years you say?
Hopefully it's a suspended sentence.
The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie — deliberate, contrived and dishonest — but the myth — persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

John F. Kennedy.
www.savelfc.org

Offline loon the red

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2010, 03:03:31 am »
I cant stand the sight of him. I cringe when I see him get interviewed on TV. Endless mind-numbing episodes of narcissistic verbal diarrhea, spouting those pearls of wisdom, cultured from his 35-years of feted management career.
Roy, you utterly failed the club, my club.

Just leave

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2010, 03:05:03 am »
"Barely a blink of an eye," according to some. Six years, then he can be judged.

Didn't Roy say that ? 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2010, 05:48:14 am »
It's not his comments, it's his Sunday league management

His quotes do not help one bit.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2010, 06:02:51 am »
It's our Christmas Present: "The Bumper Book of Roy Quotes"

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2010, 06:04:03 am »
Roy, I hate you.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2010, 06:22:19 am »
I used to intensely dislike this man, but as time has gone on and he has dug this huge fucking pit of a grave for himself with his press briefs, I have come to realise that its only a matter of time before NESV push this man into that grave and end his time here.

I can't for the life of me see them backing Hodgson, and I am convinced the only reason he is here is because they are waiting for the right man to come available.

Online liverpool_21

• Main Stander
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2010, 06:30:33 am »
I just cant see him staying for a few more months.

If only he keeps his mouth shut!

Offline alex.

• "Bring out The Blimp!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2010, 06:39:56 am »
Roy - Make us Dream

• After the 2-0 loss to Everton: “To get a result here would have been Utopia,” said the Liverpool manager. “But I can only analyse the performance. There is no point trying to analyse dreams.”

• In answer to a journalist from Norway questioning the supply to Torres: 'Are you from Denmark?' Hodgson asked (he considers the Danish press too negative). 'No, Norway,' replied the visitor. 'Ah, two countries I never want to work in again,' he said.

• Discussing how well Birmingham played against us: "It would have been a shame if we beat Birmingham today"

• After signing Meireles - "We don't know his best position"

• Talking about young prospect Jonjo Shelvey and obviously trying to inspire confidence: "He did well but the fact is he came on in extra-time and people were tiring.

• Questioner - 'Is Torres better off playing as a lone striker or with someone alongside him?' Hodgson : 'I don't know'

• Talking about the potential protest against the then owners, Hicks and Gillett before Sunderland: "When you've got a group of people protesting at the games, it doesn't help."

• August 24th - "Hopefully in the next 36 games we can take some points"

• Before the Manchester United game: " I've been involved in some big derbies in my career and you know how much they mean to the fans. It compares with Inter v Juventus. The Milan derby was a big occasion but the derby d'Italia was the real killer one, as it were. I didn't like losing in those games, which I did quite often. I did poorly so it would be nice to change that" - Liverpool lost 3-2

• In regards Liverpool's worst start for 56 years: "I couldn't give a monkey's whether we're 16th or 18th at the moment."

• After the 2-0 loss to Everton: ''I hope that fair-minded people see the game the same way. I think it’s a bit unfortunate that after such a good game of football, everything revolves around the fact that Liverpool didn’t win it.”

• After the protests against the owners for the Sunderland game: "those people aren't making my job any easier"

• On his special relationship with our nemesis Alex Ferguson: “I know Mr Ferguson is not really a Liverpool man,” said Hodgson, “so I’m a bit concerned about my excellent relationship with him. “I sincerely hope he forgives me for moving north and hopefully we can have a glass of wine together, maybe in secret."

• “We didn’t score goals and Everton did but I refuse to accept that we were in any way outplayed or any way inferior. I watched the performance and the second half was as good as I saw a Liverpool team play under my management that is for sure.” Liverpool had just been completely outplayed and lost 2-0 to their local rivals

• When questioned on the way to get the best out of a Liverpool team full of different types of players to Fulham: "What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmsteds to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team."

• On signing Poulsen: "For me, it was a very simple decision when I heard he - Poulsen - might be available at what we considered to be a very reasonable price.We need as many good players as we can get and if you let these opportunities pass you by, sometimes you can regret it."

• On Liverpool conceding goals - "It is a problem we are letting in goals but with the offensive line-up we have that is going to be a risk." - Liverpool have managed just 7 goals in the league thus far, 15 less than the same stage last season

• After the draw against Sunderland: "They were formidable opposition"

• When questioned about Liverpool's poor form continuing to Christmas, whether he would consider his position for the good of the club: "I have got a three year contract so if someone wants to get rid of me presumably they would have to pay up my three year contract"

• On Liverpools poor form: "I think we are a good side, it's just we keep losing" as well as "We all know a magic wand solution doesn’t exist."

• After torres and konchesky were passed fit, but kuyt and agger weren't.: - "we get two good ones back, but lose a good one in kuyt"

• Scapegoating the team he picked for Northampton and essentially telling players that they are deemed not good enough: "We had a very bad result on Wednesday night but it should not affect the 11 players who are going to start the game on Saturday because they weren't part of the game."

• On the pressure he is under at Liverpool - "I think it would be a sad day for football and for Liverpool if someone who had been brought in with the pomp and circumstance, and the money it took them to release me from my previous contract, and being feted as one of England's best managers – if after eight games people are deciding this guy has got to go".

:no
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:47:11 am by alex. »

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2010, 07:03:18 am »
Do the club realize how 'hated' this bloke really is amongst the vast majority of supporters? Seriously...you have to wonder.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2010, 07:08:47 am »
The worst bit is that he uses dream scenarios and 2nd and 3rd party references a lot. Never directly answers anything.

Thats the kind of stuff you get when someones trying to save themselves. Defensive kind of attitude.

So when you question them about it later, the obvious reply would be " I didnt say I would!"

---

"They (the owners) used the same terms as I would. If you ask me whether results this season over the 17 games we have played are acceptable and is that what you expected when you came to Liverpool Football Club, then I'd say 'no it's unacceptable and I expected much better.'
"

Thank you very much, tit, now YES, they're asking YOU!!!!!  :no

What the f*** do YOU think?!?!?!?!?!?!

---

"The first thing people say when I walk down the street is ‘We need a front player’"

What do you think Hodgson?

----

"When you’re down the bottom, and keep being reminded you’re down the bottom, anxiety kicks in."

The journo isnt down at the bottom, you're club is, what in f***s name do you f***ing think?!!!!??!?

---

:no Terrible. His interviews are just terrible........ :butt
"If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline DUGlish

• blah blah and so on...
  • Kopite
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2010, 07:23:17 am »
Should of mentioned the Ticket office hold music with him droning on in the background, This is roy hodgson have a merry christmas and a happy new year hope you all get what you wish for.

Felt like smashing my phone up
There are places I remember.....

Offline Johnny C

• Kopite
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2010, 07:29:21 am »
From Friday...

Did he just write off the season ?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video?video=channels/339821/1111855&cc=5901

Offline kapil08

• Kopite
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2010, 07:34:03 am »
    Roy - Make us Dream

• In regards Liverpool's worst start for 56 years: "I couldn't give a monkey's whether we're 16th or 18th at the moment."

[/li]
    On his special relationship with our nemesis Alex Ferguson: “I know Mr Ferguson is not really a Liverpool man,” said Hodgson, “so I’m a bit concerned about my excellent relationship with him. “I sincerely hope he forgives me for moving north and hopefully we can have a glass of wine together, maybe in secret."[/li]
    [/list]

[/quote]

That has to be it. I'd sock him, seriously, if I met him anywhere. [/list]
    « Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 07:36:45 am by kapil08 »
    "If Bob Paisley had been on the continent or in America, in whatever capacity or field he worked, and achieved what he achieved, I think he’d be rated higher than the President, the Lord Mayor, the King or the Queen or whatever"

Ron Atkinson

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #54 on: December 20, 2010, 07:39:34 am »
    Can you fucking believe this clown is actually managing this club?

One of the remnants of the previous regime that needs to go.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    • Wums should remain underground...
    « Reply #55 on: December 20, 2010, 07:51:05 am »
    What Abt Hannibal Smith wannabe's quote about A and B teams...

Offline ThisIsMickey

• Legacy Fan
    • Believer
    « Reply #56 on: December 20, 2010, 07:54:32 am »
    • When questioned on the way to get the best out of a Liverpool team full of different types of players to Fulham: "What do you mean do my methods translate? They have translated from Halmsteds to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team."

That would make a funny quote if he didn't say that himself.

Reading these quotes it's almost like he wanted us to hate him or at least he's not trying to endear himself to the fans at all.
    "100% of the shots you don't take don't go in"

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #57 on: December 20, 2010, 07:54:32 am »
    Truly inspirational quotes.

Offline Kopstar

• Anny Roader
    • I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
    « Reply #58 on: December 20, 2010, 07:55:02 am »
    Wish I hadn't read that.
    "In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women."

Offline pragmatic

• No new LFC topics
    • Main Stander
    « Reply #59 on: December 20, 2010, 07:55:17 am »
    No idea why I made myself read that.
    ^ This
    Why cant this senile old c*nt just fuck off. Honestly if the owners are supposed to be listening to the fans then surely they have not missed the point. HODGSON JUST FUCK OFF NOW.
    Football is a game in which a handful of fit men run around for one and a half hours watched by millions of people who could really use the exercise.`

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #60 on: December 20, 2010, 08:00:49 am »
    I thought it was pretty good myself.

Is it the same guy that writes Roy and the big-sam one ?

My personal favourite :

"What's this odour filling my nostrils? The smell of 11 Geordie corpses, slain by the steely blade of Big Sam's tactical excellence."

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=256526.480
    It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
    « Reply #61 on: December 20, 2010, 08:09:41 am »
    :( Why is he here

I'll say it again, Purslow's revenge
    "Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline JJ Red

• Legacy Fan
    « Reply #62 on: December 20, 2010, 08:34:20 am »
    Don't worry, Danny Murphy says that the squad love him :)

Offline Cassiel

• Legacy Fan
    • Lord, I can't go back there...
    « Reply #63 on: December 20, 2010, 08:34:37 am »
    Roy - the git that keeps on giving.
    Looks like I chose the wrong day to feed the pigeons...

Offline llcooljoel

• He's bad
    • Legacy Fan
    • Denying I wanted Owen Coyle since 2011.
    « Reply #64 on: December 20, 2010, 08:36:47 am »
    Another little part of me died reading that. Anyone tweeted it to Linda yet? Seems she wears the trousers in that one.
    We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.

Online Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #65 on: December 20, 2010, 09:15:36 am »
    Most of us knew what would be in here, yet, we click the thread. Myself included, not only that, I've read the entire thing.

Don't know why really.

Wonder how history will judge this period in our club..

@Yvanicuzz

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #66 on: December 20, 2010, 09:22:05 am »
    Can you fucking believe this clown is actually managing this club?

No  :butt
    This statement alone makes you realise he isnt aware of where he is, and how Liverpool are a big club always on telly, whereas Fulham where on maybe twice a year.

Are we on television again? I need to put my make up on.
    FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline ferris05

• Hitler on a bus!
    • Kopite
    • A Waterloo-ite
    « Reply #67 on: December 20, 2010, 09:28:24 am »
    It's not his comments, it's his Sunday league management

For me, it's his comments. He can be as shit as he likes and I won't slate him, but when he says things that clearly show he's nothing like the fans, and pretty much against the fans, regarding getting last owners out, defending your players against Ferguson.
    WE ARE THE ROAD END, THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
    « Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 09:32:05 am »
    Just had a text saying Rafa's gone this morning?

Offline hedger

• ows
    • No new LFC topics
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #69 on: December 20, 2010, 09:41:13 am »
    for me his comments have been the worst part of his management. some of the things he has said beggars belief to be honest. 

Offline henry

• Anny Roader
    • My chicken is better than yours
    « Reply #70 on: December 20, 2010, 09:49:33 am »
    for those good comments (not alot there) - he said what people what to hear but never delivery half of what he said he would do.

for those bad comments - he just an idiot.

It is not impossible, its just improbable

Offline Letchworthred

• Main Stander
    « Reply #71 on: December 20, 2010, 09:57:49 am »
    Some of his quotes are quite dreadful and displays a clear lack of consistent strategic thinking.

A bit off topic, but does anyone know the last time we had a negative goal difference going into Christmas? Oh, and when was the last time we were level on points with all the newly promoted teams going into Christmas?

Offline paisley84

• Main Stander
    « Reply #72 on: December 20, 2010, 10:14:07 am »
    From Friday...

Did he just write off the season ?

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/video?video=channels/339821/1111855&cc=5901

how on earth do they get away with the headline "EXCLUSIVE: Hodgson refuses to write off top 4 hopes"

"EXCLUSIVE: hodgson politicising and covering his own back again, totally capitulates with half a season to go"
    same thing thats srawled across the stars is written under our skin

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #73 on: December 20, 2010, 10:18:12 am »
    Urgh.

It's Monday morning, freezing cold, had a shit drive to work.  Now i've read this.

I think it would take Roy being sacked immediately and being erased from the Liverpool history books to cheer me up right now.

hoonin

« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2010, 10:19:14 am »
    And you wonder why the mods moan...

Because we enjoy it? :D

Offline ForForever

• Main Stander
    « Reply #75 on: December 20, 2010, 10:19:51 am »
    "Judge me after 10 games"

"It's not my team I need to build my team before being judged"

Okay you suck GTFO!

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
    • Derp Derp
    « Reply #76 on: December 20, 2010, 10:20:57 am »
    Halfway through reading those quotes, I felt sick to the pit of my stomach. Is there even a single quote where he's not passed the buck after a defeat?

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #77 on: December 20, 2010, 10:21:32 am »

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
    • Legacy Fan
    « Reply #78 on: December 20, 2010, 10:24:58 am »
    fucking hell, he is fucking mike bassett.
    Fuck of hodgson, don't let the door hit your saggy arse on the way out.

Offline Zappa

• Old OCB Rep
    • RAWK Supporter
    • Legacy Fan
    • Shankly's man 60yrs served come December
    « Reply #79 on: December 20, 2010, 10:25:45 am »
    I cant stand the sight of him. I cringe when I see him get interviewed on TV. Endless mind-numbing episodes of narcissistic verbal diarrhea, spouting those pearls of wisdom, cultured from his 35-years of feted management career.
    Roy, you utterly failed the club, my club.

Just leave

This

oh and

Empty vessels make most noise
    There ain't no money in poetry
    That's what sets the poet free
    I've had all the freedom I can stand