Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1416415 times)

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #12840 on: April 24, 2019, 02:53:59 pm »
Regardless of tonight, it's not over until it's over.  City can drop points anywhere.

As Thomas Hardy said "Though a good deal is too strange to be believed, nothing is too strange to have happened".

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12841 on: April 24, 2019, 02:55:23 pm »
How does Aegon Targaryen know Adam Lallana.

Fucking spoiler alert mate. Haven't seen the end of the season yet, and not sure what role Lallana plays!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12842 on: April 24, 2019, 02:55:58 pm »
Regardless what happens tonight we still have a job to do in the last 3 games. Even if City do slip up, we need to capitalize and the pressure will be even greater.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12843 on: April 24, 2019, 02:56:07 pm »
Fucking spoiler alert mate. Haven't seen the end of the season yet, and not sure what role Lallana plays!

Central Midfield, but I wouldn't fancy him to do it away on a tuesday night at winterfell.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12844 on: April 24, 2019, 02:56:22 pm »

The Northern Lama.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #12845 on: April 24, 2019, 02:56:31 pm »

As Thomas Hardy said "Though a good deal is too strange to be believed, nothing is too strange to have happened".
Which one of his films was that in??

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #12846 on: April 24, 2019, 02:57:00 pm »
Whatever happens happens, we can only control the games we play in, city theirs.

It's been a fantastic ride whatever happens.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #12847 on: April 24, 2019, 02:58:37 pm »
Its crazy isn't it. I wonder if the roles were reversed would we want the same ting, but I doubt it. Some would, but it appears the majority of Utd fans want to lose.
The thing is, if they did win or draw, it doesn't necessarily mean we win the league.
You look after your own interests. The ones wanting them to lose will be the same ones moaning about signings and lack of quality next season if they don't get top 4. The longer you're out of the CL the harder it becomes to get back in it.

Nah.. there's one thing I can say about us- we don't give a feck about things like these. And that's my honest observation from basically 30 years of watching us.
It's even discouraged amongst our lot by two things:

- Supporters with that attitude are shamed immediately and roundly- with the label of acting "smalltime". Effective crowd-control in full flow.
- The fact that we take the absolute piss out of our neighbors and our nemesis up the road for that mindset and attitude.

These two self-correcting measures ensure we stay well away from bitterness. We won't begrudge you success, but we will take the piss out of you all the way! Our success comes first. We concentrate on ourselves; and I'm glad I am a Liverpool supporter, because much of my outlook on life is shaped but what we believe as a group.

Not born and bred, but adopted- and I wear the T-shirt, literally!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 03:06:02 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #12848 on: April 24, 2019, 02:58:50 pm »
T'end of season will bring t'dire-Wolves me lud.

Lord Adam of Lallana will rule.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12849 on: April 24, 2019, 03:00:06 pm »
Whatever happens happens, we can only control the games we play in, city theirs.

It's been a fantastic ride whatever happens.

I agree of course. Entirely with every word. It's a good message to remember.....but it's the hope isn't it? It's the hope that kills you.

3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12850 on: April 24, 2019, 03:00:26 pm »
Regardless of tonight, it's not over until it's over.  City can drop points anywhere.

What did Laurel say in response?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12851 on: April 24, 2019, 03:02:01 pm »
I agree of course. Entirely with every word. It's a good message to remember.....but it's the hope isn't it? It's the hope that kills you.

Of course, don't get me wrong i'll be completely gutted if we lose by 1 point with the points that would have won in pretty much every other season since the PL has been around.

But it also shows the great progression of the team and hopefully we just get better and better from here.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12852 on: April 24, 2019, 03:06:28 pm »
Which one of his films was that in??

What did Laurel say in response?

That’s the last time I try and get poetic on here!  ;)

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #12853 on: April 24, 2019, 03:07:40 pm »
I think a lot depends on how United start the game. City always seem to score early and then just throttle the life out of the game because they are so good on the ball. It would be nice to see a team hold out in the first 15 minutes against them. I actually expect City to come at them strongly in the first 5 minutes to try and repeat the same process. But the longer the game goes on without them scoring the more desperate they will become. United will get chances but not sure if Pogba, Rashford and co will have their shooting boots on.
YWNA

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12854 on: April 24, 2019, 03:21:03 pm »
Guardiola, let me shock you, lied in his retort
I saw a short clip of their Amazon documentary last year and he clearly instructs his midfielders (Gundogan and can't remember who) to go out and commit fouls and take yellows.  Shame they haven't been called out for this earlier in the season. Could have got it on the lazy pundits agenda, alongside their Mo is the only diver in the league one

Why is our club always "Goody Two Shoes"? Always top of the fair play charts, least fouls, yellows, Reds etc.
Why cant we have a bit of a nasty streak? Why couldn't all the ex Liverpool players who are now pundits push this agenda for us? Why couldn't we as a club have had a quiet word with them to do this.. Why couldn't we have taken a leaf out of the Barca/Real transfer playbook of using former players to their advantage?
Imagine if all the lazy pundits had been calling out City on the tactical fouls, especially that c*nt Fernandinho.. Would it have led to dropped points, I dont know, but I'm sure it would have had some influence on performances of City, their opponents and the refs..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12855 on: April 24, 2019, 03:24:44 pm »
Why is our club always "Goody Two Shoes"? Always top of the fair play charts, least fouls, yellows, Reds etc.
Why cant we have a bit of a nasty streak? Why couldn't all the ex Liverpool players who are now pundits push this agenda for us? Why couldn't we as a club have had a quiet word with them to do this.. Why couldn't we have taken a leaf out of the Barca/Real transfer playbook of using former players to their advantage?
Imagine if all the lazy pundits had been calling out City on the tactical fouls, especially that c*nt Fernandinho.. Would it have led to dropped points, I dont know, but I'm sure it would have had some influence on performances of City, their opponents and the refs..

How that ref thought that studs up challenge from Kompany wasn't a red card in our game. Only the ref knows.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #12856 on: April 24, 2019, 03:25:45 pm »
How that ref thought that studs up challenge from Kompany wasn't a red card in our game. Only the manc twat ref knows.

Fixed for you.

Offline Alisson Wonderland

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12857 on: April 24, 2019, 03:26:10 pm »
Ideally City win tonight and then drop points elsewhere.
Ideally City don't get any further points at all

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12858 on: April 24, 2019, 03:27:12 pm »

How is that ideal??  Surely city dropping points wherever they can is better?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12859 on: April 24, 2019, 03:29:31 pm »

We have to put the rivalry aside for one day, hope that United can get a draw or even win, then go back to normal.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12860 on: April 24, 2019, 03:32:09 pm »
Ideally City don't get any further points at all

Correct.. If we want an ideal result, surely its city to lose 0-7 Drop points and lose the GD advantage..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12861 on: April 24, 2019, 03:35:39 pm »
Hard to find the words or inspiration to even begin to sum up the abject fucking wretchedness of the collective pessimism on here for this match. So in order not to insult the footballing insight or lack thereof of so many of the miserabilists who haunt these pages, I won't. But rest assured there's only gonna be one winner tonight and it ain't gonna be the cheating, cunting, heinous frauds from Moss Side via Abu fucking Dabi.

3-1 to United and I get £500 for my realism. Two goal margin and it's £300.

United nap.

Go 'ed, Timbo, lad. I, too, believe United will win tonight. Even if they don't, Dyche the red will give them no quarter at Turf Moor, safe or not and then the ego that is Brendan will demand his day in the sun. I give City 4 points tops in that little run. None of this...if they win their games they deserve it, blah, blah, blah. They won't and they don't.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #12862 on: April 24, 2019, 03:43:26 pm »
Amazes me (well, not really) that refs don't do their homework beforehand.

Surely any competent (oh, wait, I see the problem) professional with an ounce of self respect (um ah, oh, hmm) ensures that they prep properly.

Useless bastards

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12863 on: April 24, 2019, 03:46:52 pm »
Go 'ed, Timbo, lad. I, too, believe United will win tonight. Even if they don't, Dyche the red will give them no quarter at Turf Moor, safe or not and then the ego that is Brendan will demand his day in the sun. I give City 4 points tops in that little run. None of this...if they win their games they deserve it, blah, blah, blah. They won't and they don't.

I think City are the more likely to drop points out of us and them so hopefully this happens! We seem to be more consistent as well as smarter.

Offline scouse92

• Main Stander
« Reply #12864 on: April 24, 2019, 03:48:00 pm »
Just a bit of fun but has anyone thought about the possibility of a one off play off game for the league title??  ::)

In the English top-flight, if any clubs finish the season with the same number of points, their position is first determined by:

Goal difference
Higher number of goals scored
Playoff at neutral venue if relevant for deciding champion, relegation or participating in a European league, otherwise by draw.

although very unlikely if results go a certain way this could happen:
e.g. (obviously lots of other options available and you'd expect city to win by more than 1 in a lot of games)
United 1 - 0 City
LFC 5 - 0 Huddesfield
Burnley 0 -1 City
Newcastle 2 - 2 LFC
City 1 -0 Leicester
LFC 4 - 1 Wolves
Brighton 0 - 1 City

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12865 on: April 24, 2019, 03:49:13 pm »

Bobby mate what you been drinking so early?  ;D

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #12866 on: April 24, 2019, 03:51:51 pm »
Bobby mate what you been drinking so early?  ;D

I'm just off into Manny City centre for a few gargles, Samie. Got a date with destiny......I just hope she turns up!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12867 on: April 24, 2019, 03:52:27 pm »
Been a little bit on edge all day, as if we were actually playing tonight. All this build up, watch City be 2-0 up after 15 mins.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12868 on: April 24, 2019, 03:52:27 pm »
Just booked tickets for Endgame, 19:30 showing. Will come out and check the score. Come on you useless Red Manc twats. Ole at the wheel, believe it you pricks and play like you want the champipns league. My rallying cry done.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12869 on: April 24, 2019, 03:53:28 pm »
Just a bit of fun but has anyone thought about the possibility of a one off play off game for the league title??  ::)

In the English top-flight, if any clubs finish the season with the same number of points, their position is first determined by:

Goal difference
Playoff at neutral venue if relevant for deciding champion, relegation or participating in a European league, otherwise by draw.

e.g. (obviously lots of other options available and you'd expect city to win by more than 1 in a lot of games)
United 1 - 0 City
LFC 5 - 0 Huddesfield
Burnley 0 -1 City
Newcastle 2 - 2 LFC
City 1 -0 Leicester
LFC 4 - 1 Wolves
Brighton 0 - 1 City

Nearly happened in 95/96!

These were actually printed just in case

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12870 on: April 24, 2019, 03:58:20 pm »

Goal difference

United 1 - 0 City
LFC 5 - 0 Huddesfield
Burnley 0 -1 City
Newcastle 2 - 2 LFC
City 1 -0 Leicester
LFC 4 - 1 Wolves
Brighton 0 - 1 City

Genuinely had no idea that was even a possibility.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12871 on: April 24, 2019, 04:00:04 pm »
Nearly happened in 95/96!

These were actually printed just in case

£20 a ticket! I know it's the old Wembley and you need to take inflation into account, but fucking hell today it'd be triple that at least.

Offline kermit^^

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12872 on: April 24, 2019, 04:03:00 pm »
Glory Glory Man United...
Feel dirty just saying that!  :-[
Sold my soul to the devil just for this game. Blue Manc to go on 3 draws streak and we're to clinch it at Newcastle with Rafa all smiles and Klopp to give him the biggest bear hug ever!

Offline pguyo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #12873 on: April 24, 2019, 04:03:02 pm »
Not that it would suit us but surely they would then go on the Head to Head results prior to deciding it by playoff.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #12874 on: April 24, 2019, 04:07:26 pm »
Ive got a really good feeling about today.
Ive always felt City will drop points, my prediction is 5 points from their last 4 games.
Today will be what breaks them, they'll blink first and stumble in the following match against Burnley.

Im actually going to watch the game today, got my snacks and everything, even my celebratory Snickers bar should things go smoothly.  ;D

What an amazing season we're having. My most enjoyable in 30 years.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12875 on: April 24, 2019, 04:09:55 pm »
Ive got a really good feeling about today.
Ive always felt City will drop points, my prediction is 5 points from their last 4 games.
Today will be what breaks them, they'll blink first and stumble in the following match against Burnley.

Im actually going to watch the game today, got my snacks and everything, even my celebratory Snickers bar should things go smoothly.  ;D

What an amazing season we're having. My most enjoyable in 30 years.

You're mad as a box of frogs  ;D

Offline scouse92

• Main Stander
« Reply #12876 on: April 24, 2019, 04:10:44 pm »
Not that it would suit us but surely they would then go on the Head to Head results prior to deciding it by playoff.

Apparently not- in all other leagues they have a lot more criteria but not in the prem!
It is very unlikely which is probably the reason why its never been expanded.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12877 on: April 24, 2019, 04:13:59 pm »
You're mad as a box of frogs  ;D

As are everyone of the rest of us. The only thing left is for someone to offer their posterity for a Man Utd victory.  ;D

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #12878 on: April 24, 2019, 04:15:21 pm »
From the Hard To Believe It's True files, I just read that "United have lost just once at home in the league this season -- against Tottenham last August". So there's that scrap of hope to cling to.
Only Scott McTominay scored a goal that wasn't a penalty during the whole of April for them.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12879 on: April 24, 2019, 04:16:22 pm »
As are everyone of the rest of us. The only thing left is for someone to offer their posterity for a Man Utd victory.  ;D

I'm pretty calm, I am not expecting anything from the Red Manure Mancs.  Everton made them look like Everton