Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1416354 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #12800 on: April 24, 2019, 12:51:50 pm »
Not expecting anything but a City win today. Not getting my hopes up.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #12801 on: April 24, 2019, 12:56:16 pm »
I think we should go with a strong side tonight, and get at them from the off.
Something like this:

De Gea
Valencia--Jones--Smalling--Shaw
                    Matic
             Pogba---Herrera
     JLingz----Rashie----Martial

That should do it!
GGMU!!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12802 on: April 24, 2019, 12:59:21 pm »
If Matic plays in midfield, they don't have a prayer.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12803 on: April 24, 2019, 01:03:01 pm »
As stressful as all this might be for us, just think what today must be like for both sets of Mancs :) ;) ;)

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #12804 on: April 24, 2019, 01:07:26 pm »
As stressful as all this might be for us, just think what today must be like for both sets of Mancs :) ;) ;)

blue mancs are shitting it, red mancs dont give a fuck sadly. Hope that changes when the match is under way.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #12805 on: April 24, 2019, 01:07:36 pm »
Come on United... Impossible those multi millions set of players don't have any pride playing in this... Impossible.

Rashford loves derby games. Alexis Sanchez also could play a part where this is a game can be a set up for the counterattack.

Go United you beauty bastards!!! **While imagining Battle of the Bastards.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12806 on: April 24, 2019, 01:16:52 pm »
I think we should go with a strong side tonight, and get at them from the off.
Something like this:

De Gea
Valencia--Jones--Smalling--Shaw
                    Matic
             Pogba---Herrera
     JLingz----Rashie----Martial

That should do it!
GGMU!!

You've missed out their most inform midfielder there who has to start this game.  Great Scot!  MickyT  ;D

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12807 on: April 24, 2019, 01:17:41 pm »
It’s a strange turn of events to want them to win or draw. The fans all have views but the players will be fighting for their own purposes - City need to win to keep the league in their own hands, whereas Man Utd need to do something to boost their own top four prospects. They have some good players, expensive players, well paid players, and not being in the CL next season really knocks them down a peg or two. So I’m sure they will fight hard today. Oleh stuck his oar in too with his comments, so that might add an extra bit of spice. Whether that will be enough remains to be seen, as Man City are much the better side. But while there’s life, there’s hope!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12808 on: April 24, 2019, 01:25:30 pm »
blue mancs are shitting it, red mancs dont give a fuck sadly. Hope that changes when the match is under way.

I work in Salford in view of OT, there's loads of united fans about and obviously I work with plenty. I don't buy that they don't give a fuck. You don't rock up to 5 a side in your new united top with 'Soskjaer 20' on the back if you don't care.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12809 on: April 24, 2019, 01:25:58 pm »
Well, the good news is, if Man Utd lose tonight (they probably will), they will be out of the CL not only next season, but for a foreseeable future ... They are in a desperate need of a complete rebuild, and without CL football to offer, they will even struggle to get replacements for De Gea and Pogba (who seem to be on their way out), let alone to attract top talent in order to improve ...

As much as I would love to see Man Utd get a result tonight, even if they don't, seeing their complete meltdown as a club will soften the blow ... And of course, nothing will be over after tonight regarding the title race ...

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12810 on: April 24, 2019, 01:28:09 pm »
Fuck Manchester United.
Can’t wait for Friday to watch Reds.

You can watch the reds at 8pm tonight... different colour red but, ya know ;)

Come on the Reds

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12811 on: April 24, 2019, 01:28:44 pm »
Sorry to disagree LFCEmpire, but the Red Mancs are suffering more than the Blue mancs. They most certainly do give a fuck, and they're cacking it in case their team put in a performance.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12812 on: April 24, 2019, 01:31:24 pm »
Well, the good news is, if Man Utd lose tonight (they probably will), they will be out of the CL not only next season, but for a foreseeable future ...

I don't think a lot of their fans understand this. Wanting to throw a game with 4th very much within reach is madness.

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #12813 on: April 24, 2019, 01:40:16 pm »
Sorry to disagree LFCEmpire, but the Red Mancs are suffering more than the Blue mancs. They most certainly do give a fuck, and they're cacking it in case their team put in a performance.

Agree with you there, maybe they do give a fuck but for all the wrong reasons.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12814 on: April 24, 2019, 01:42:29 pm »
I don't think a lot of their fans understand this. Wanting to throw a game with 4th very much within reach is madness.

Its crazy isn't it. I wonder if the roles were reversed would we want the same ting, but I doubt it. Some would, but it appears the majority of Utd fans want to lose.
The thing is, if they did win or draw, it doesn't necessarily mean we win the league.
You look after your own interests. The ones wanting them to lose will be the same ones moaning about signings and lack of quality next season if they don't get top 4. The longer you're out of the CL the harder it becomes to get back in it.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #12815 on: April 24, 2019, 01:47:24 pm »
Hard to find the words or inspiration to even begin to sum up the abject fucking wretchedness of the collective pessimism on here for this match. So in order not to insult the footballing insight or lack thereof of so many of the miserabilists who haunt these pages, I won't. But rest assured there's only gonna be one winner tonight and it ain't gonna be the cheating, cunting, heinous frauds from Moss Side via Abu fucking Dabi.

3-1 to United and I get £500 for my realism. Two goal margin and it's £300.

United nap.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #12816 on: April 24, 2019, 01:49:58 pm »
Its crazy isn't it. I wonder if the roles were reversed would we want the same ting, but I doubt it. Some would, but it appears the majority of Utd fans want to lose.
The thing is, if they did win or draw, it doesn't necessarily mean we win the league.
You look after your own interests. The ones wanting them to lose will be the same ones moaning about signings and lack of quality next season if they don't get top 4. The longer you're out of the CL the harder it becomes to get back in it.

Ideally City win tonight and then drop points elsewhere.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12817 on: April 24, 2019, 01:52:02 pm »

As long as they take points off City, I literally don't give a fuck what they do in their final 3 fixtures. Seriously, who cares?

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12818 on: April 24, 2019, 01:52:08 pm »

Fuck that. Ideally city lose tonight and drop points elsewhere. United are of no significance to us beyond this game. GGMU.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12819 on: April 24, 2019, 01:55:15 pm »
From the Hard To Believe It's True files, I just read that "United have lost just once at home in the league this season -- against Tottenham last August". So there's that scrap of hope to cling to.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12820 on: April 24, 2019, 01:55:45 pm »
It all comes down to this tonight. If they win it’s over.

Disagree. They're gonna have to win all 98 of those points to win. That said every next win makes it much less likely.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12821 on: April 24, 2019, 01:55:47 pm »
In a fixture between Arsenal and Liverpool in April 2011, Marriner notably awarded the latest-ever penalty kick in the history of the Premier League. The match was goalless until Marriner awarded Arsenal a penalty in the seventh minute of second-half stoppage time, and four minutes later awarded a second penalty to Liverpool. Both were converted, the latter in the 102nd minute which also became the League's latest-ever goal.[7]

In May 2013 he refereed the FA Cup final between Manchester City and Wigan Athletic at Wembley Stadium. Marriner described the appointment as a "great honour".[8] Wigan won the final 1–0, with a stoppage time goal from Ben Watson. Marriner dismissed City's Pablo Zabaleta six minutes from time for a second yellow card offence.[9]

;)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12822 on: April 24, 2019, 01:56:29 pm »
Not sure if it's been mentioned but Miguel Almiron (who has been very good since joining Newcastle) is out injured for their last three PL games - including ours.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48036979

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12823 on: April 24, 2019, 01:59:26 pm »
Ideally City win tonight and then drop points elsewhere everywhere.

Offline Midget

• R Kelly's love rival
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #12824 on: April 24, 2019, 02:00:24 pm »
Really feels to me like it'll come down to this game. Can't see City losing points elsewhere with their sole focus being the league now. I think they are likely to win tonight too, but United do have chance to take something from this game. Just not sure how big of a chance that is.

Whatever happens will happen. Even if we can't win the league we still have it in our own hands in the Champions League. That's not a bad situation to be in.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #12825 on: April 24, 2019, 02:07:16 pm »
U WOT M8

Ideally...
United smash City 20-0 and obliterate City's GD.*
Then we win on Friday and go 5 pts clear.

*also all of City's squad come down with season-ending viruses

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12826 on: April 24, 2019, 02:07:22 pm »
How does Aegon Targaryen know Adam Lallana.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #12827 on: April 24, 2019, 02:09:36 pm »
Fuck that. Ideally city lose tonight and drop points elsewhere. United are of no significance to us beyond this game. GGMU.

Seeing them finish outside the top 4 would be nice as well though.

Don’t get me wrong, I will be ecstatic if United take any points off City tonight.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12828 on: April 24, 2019, 02:12:03 pm »
Seeing them finish outside the top 4 would be nice as well though.

Don’t get me wrong, I will be ecstatic if United take any points off City tonight.

I couldn't give less of a fuck what happens to manchester united beyond tonight if I tried. They could finish 4th, 3rd, 5th 6th or be relegated for financial irregularities. It is of less than no consequence to me now. I want them to win comprehensively tonight, and at around 10 this evening my interest in them ends.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12829 on: April 24, 2019, 02:13:29 pm »
I couldn't give less of a fuck what happens to manchester united beyond tonight if I tried. They could finish 4th, 3rd, 5th 6th or be relegated for financial irregularities. It is of less than no consequence to me now. I want them to win comprehensively tonight, and at around 10 this evening my interest in them ends.

I will be much earlier. 'Fergie Time' ended with Fergie.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12830 on: April 24, 2019, 02:16:35 pm »
I work in Salford in view of OT, there's loads of united fans about and obviously I work with plenty. I don't buy that they don't give a fuck. You don't rock up to 5 a side in your new united top with 'Soskjaer 20' on the back if you don't care.

Enough about you, what are they wearing?

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12831 on: April 24, 2019, 02:16:40 pm »
Tonight we sleep with the Devil  :puke2
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12832 on: April 24, 2019, 02:19:29 pm »
Enough about you, what are they wearing?

Ha ha, I've got my cham20ns onsie on.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12833 on: April 24, 2019, 02:19:34 pm »
How does Aegon Targaryen know Adam Lallana.

They were at Southampton together.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12834 on: April 24, 2019, 02:23:48 pm »
For anyone who is saying its over if City win tonight. if you believe 1 point behind with 9 to play for means throwing in the towel, then I really hope you're not planing on going to any of our last few games.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12835 on: April 24, 2019, 02:26:46 pm »
For anyone who is saying its over if City win tonight. if you believe 1 point behind with 9 to play for means throwing in the towel, then I really hope you're not planing on going to any of our last few games.

Exactly.

Mind boggling really.

Considering that the PL ‘random fixture computer’ very rarely makes you play two top 6 sides on the spin, back to back aways against United and Burnley is about as hard as it can possibly get for City without having to play us or possibly Chelsea away. Obviously with each passing game that they win, our odds get a little longer but anyone who doesn’t keep going until the last second of the last match doesn’t deserve this team. That’s the bare minimum they deserve for what has been a season beyond anything I ever dreamed of.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12836 on: April 24, 2019, 02:30:12 pm »
Exactly.

Mind boggling really.

Considering that the PL ‘random fixture computer’ very rarely makes you play two top 6 sides on the spin, back to back aways against United and Burnley is about as hard as it can possibly get for City without having to play us or possibly Chelsea away. Obviously with each passing game that they win, our odds get a little longer but anyone who doesn’t keep going until the last second of the last match doesn’t deserve this team. That’s the bare minimum they deserve for what has been a season beyond anything I ever dreamed of.

Indeed. The team plays until the bitter end, as we seen against Everton and Spurs in particular, so its only right the fans do the same

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12837 on: April 24, 2019, 02:42:50 pm »
No way. Who cares about United after tonight? We can't be picky where City drop points, there are 4 games left, anywhere will do.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #12838 on: April 24, 2019, 02:46:00 pm »
I'm more worried about us winning at Newcastle which will be the mother of all awkward games than City dropping points because I refuse to believe they'll end up winning all of their last 14 games after showing so much vulnerabilities beforehand.

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12839 on: April 24, 2019, 02:49:25 pm »

I think Leicester may be City's banana skin.  Ours is Newcastle.