Author Topic: Dani Pacheco  (Read 93077 times)

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
Re: Dani Pacheco
« Reply #480 on: July 26, 2012, 01:22:21 am »
The awareness to roll that to Adam instead of just blasting it.

The lad can play. Could easily do a decent job on the wings for us.

Don't need to sign Maxi's replacement, he's already here.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #481 on: July 26, 2012, 01:33:39 am »
Thought he had a really good half again. He had to work hard in defense down that left hand side as well because Wilson looked very uncomfortable playing there - and Roma targeted him.

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #482 on: July 26, 2012, 01:34:27 am »
Thought he looked awesome, can beat a player.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: July 26, 2012, 01:35:38 am »
Be mad to sell him, looks great out on that left hand side

Confident to take his man on and has the awareness to pick out a pass instead of taking it alone every time. Gets himself into some great positions

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: July 26, 2012, 01:35:48 am »
If he doesn't get a chance this season I'll be properly pissed off.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: July 26, 2012, 01:36:25 am »
Keep him please, with a bit of familiarity of being around the squad he will only grow in confidence, as I still feel (like a few other young'uns) he's trying too hard to impress and it's maybe affecting his decision making.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: July 26, 2012, 01:36:42 am »
encouraging stuff from him just hope hes given a chance to show if he can do it in the league.. certainly being in the europa will help him get some minutes.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #487 on: July 26, 2012, 01:36:55 am »
The lad has balls and character. The two thing that Downing maybe needs most?

Dont care if this is just pre-season.. he should never have been loaned out, he should be in the first team.

Seems really determined to prove himself, I loved how straight as Adam's goal went in he sprinted straight to the ball to pick it up  ;D
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: July 26, 2012, 01:37:08 am »
I think he'll get his chance next season, him and Shelvey have been the stand outs so far.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: July 26, 2012, 01:37:14 am »
He looked really frustrated with Wilson.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: July 26, 2012, 01:37:48 am »
Can't be any complaints about his crosses this game (though he's corner was shit). Picked out Suso which we could have scored from and got the assist to Adam with a nicely rolled in ball.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #491 on: July 26, 2012, 01:37:52 am »
Some good stuff there from Dani.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: July 26, 2012, 01:38:04 am »
Was our best player in the second half imo. Calm on the ball, head is always up, showed a good burst of pace to beat his man and cross for Suso, and got himself a decent assist. Definitely think it's worth keeping him around for the season.

He's definitely got a few things to work on especially on the defensive side to his game, but he's still only 21 so that will come with time and experience. With a bit of patience and persistence I really think there's a quality player in there.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: July 26, 2012, 01:38:19 am »
Give him the chance

Pacheco  Borini    Suarez

isn't bad at all for a front three
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #494 on: July 26, 2012, 01:38:35 am »
Could be Dani's break through season this...
Cool down and play

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #495 on: July 26, 2012, 01:38:59 am »
No more loaning this lad out, another very good performance tonight, as much as his talent stands out, his attitude has impressed me even more, he seems really determined to show Rodgers what he can do.

Offline r1ch

• Main Stander
« Reply #496 on: July 26, 2012, 01:39:03 am »
Think we need to reign in the praise a little. Only a little though.

He's been ok. Some real flashes of quality, especially the weight of the pass back to Adam for the goal and his turn of pace to skip past a player for Suso's blocked chance.

But from the two games so far, I'd say Sterling is a much more rounded player. Pacheco looked real shakey defensively, nervous positioning and pretty weak in the tackle - he really didn't offer Enrique or Adorjan any help.

No doubt he's got the quality going forward, but he needs to work on his game....dare I say I sound a bit like Hodgson? No, definitely not meaning it that much, just that if he's going to get into the first XI on the right/left side of midfield, he needs to show he can be solid defensively too.

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: July 26, 2012, 01:39:49 am »
I thought his performance was quite poor.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: July 26, 2012, 01:41:16 am »

He's been ok. Some real flashes of quality, especially the weight of the pass back to Adam for the goal and his turn of pace to skip past a player for Suso's blocked chance.

But from the two games so far, I'd say Sterling is a much more rounded player. Pacheco looked real shakey defensively, nervous positioning and pretty weak in the tackle - he really didn't offer Enrique or Adorjan any help.

No doubt he's got the quality going forward, but he needs to work on his game....dare I say I sound a bit like Hodgson? No, definitely not meaning it that much, just that if he's going to get into the first XI on the right/left side of midfield, he needs to show he can be solid defensively too.

Think he's looked alright defensively myself, especially in the first game. Been the stand out in pre-season so far, for me.

Offline SteLFC91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: July 26, 2012, 01:41:49 am »

Really? Why? Was our best player in the second half for me.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: July 26, 2012, 01:42:04 am »
He looked really frustrated with Wilson.

Rightly so. He is clueless at left back, offers fuck all.

Not that its Wilson's fault like. I still think at centre half hes a good player.
Follow me on twitter!

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: July 26, 2012, 01:42:08 am »

Thought he was one of our best players by some way myself.
As with the last match, one of the few making things happen, really driving forward and trying to spark something.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: July 26, 2012, 01:42:18 am »

Not at all.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #503 on: July 26, 2012, 01:43:08 am »
The boy can play no doubt about it. Hope he's giving a chance this season.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: July 26, 2012, 01:44:00 am »
I thought he was really positive. His short passing game for the most part was excellent and always looked lively. I thought he barely gave the ball away, at least for the first 30mins of the 2nd half anyway.

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: July 26, 2012, 01:45:34 am »
Not at all.

He ran into trouble once or twice, but whoever mentioned Wilson might have a point - he didn't have anyone overlapping and creating space so perhaps that is why he got crowded out a bit.

Maybe the criticism is unfair, but I thought he looked to come inside a bit too much and it was a little predictable.

Offline reds7

• Kopite
  • Walk on Tommo
« Reply #506 on: July 26, 2012, 01:46:11 am »
Looked very impressive. Looks like he's bulked up a bit too without losing pace. Hoping he gets a run out this season

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: July 26, 2012, 01:46:31 am »
Just needs to improve his end ball really. Always fantastic when building up, but he does spurn some chances or put in some poor crosses.
Still, he's young, and I reckon he can be a good player for us.

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: July 26, 2012, 01:47:05 am »
Looked very impressive. Looks like he's bulked up a bit too without losing pace. Hoping he gets a run out this season

If anything he seems to have gained a bit more pace, has really good acceleration too.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: July 26, 2012, 01:47:14 am »
I really rate Pacheco but I fear he wont make it with us, his lack of games has hindered his development and it shows. Defensively he struggles and I'm not sure he will be given the time to develop, a loan move for him now would be the best option.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #510 on: July 26, 2012, 01:47:38 am »
Didn't think he had a particularly good game in my opinion. He's much better than what we saw from him today. At times he wasn't getting involved much and at times he tried to do too much on his own and not just because nobody came to help him. Still he had some decent moments and a nice assist.

Hope he gets a lot of playing time this season.

I forgot to add that he needs to work on his off the ball reading of the game. Needs to learn to track back.

Offline FanaticalRed

• Kopite
« Reply #511 on: July 26, 2012, 01:48:00 am »
Another good performance from Dani. All I ask is that he is finally given a chance to show what he can do. We've been waiting for him to get a real opportunity for years so hopefully it will finally happen this season.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: July 26, 2012, 01:49:42 am »
Shit he's only 21? Thought he was like 23 or something for some reason

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: July 26, 2012, 01:49:59 am »
Just needs to improve his end ball really. Always fantastic when building up, but he does spurn some chances or put in some poor crosses.
Still, he's young, and I reckon he can be a good player for us.

Thought his end product was pretty good tonight, apart from that one shite corner, but then he is a Liverpool player after all.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: July 26, 2012, 01:50:06 am »
Looks like a mixed bag of opi...........  ;)
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline seal75

• Kopite
« Reply #515 on: July 26, 2012, 01:51:42 am »

Here's the best shit writer of the day ladies and gentlemen.

At the end, he couldn't go forward as much because he was doing only this.... helping his left-back (Bothe Enrique tehn Wilson). Talking of positioning, he was the one offering the most options on the wings.

Try to learn watching football, or soccer or whatever you call it before writing poo please!
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: July 26, 2012, 01:51:57 am »
He ran into trouble once or twice, but whoever mentioned Wilson might have a point - he didn't have anyone overlapping and creating space so perhaps that is why he got crowded out a bit.

Maybe the criticism is unfair, but I thought he looked to come inside a bit too much and it was a little predictable.

I think to play as a winger/wide forward you need to be a risk taker. Run at the defender and be creative. Sure, he will lose possession and run into trouble on occasions but he beat his man 3 or 4 times and got an assist so it was worth the risk.

I personally think its just what we need. We've had Downing offering us nothing all last season because he was the opposite of Pacheco, low risk - low reward.
Follow me on twitter!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: July 26, 2012, 01:52:06 am »
I forgot to add that he needs to work on his off the ball reading of the game. Needs to learn to track back.

Insert generic comment here. I'm pretty sure I saw him tracking back for the entire time he was on the pitch.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: July 26, 2012, 01:54:50 am »
Think he's the ideal replacement for Maxi in the squad.

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #519 on: July 26, 2012, 01:56:44 am »
I'll be honest and say I was think this lad was over hyped the last year or so and didn't really think he would be much use to us, but really and truly Ya can see now this lad is gonna be a big talent if he is given a chance to show it. So comfortable on the ball and his control is just brilliant. Really hope he is given that chance. I'd have him ahead of downing every day of the week.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.