Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 45543 times)

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2012, 06:44:03 pm »
Good luck to him.  The experience should hopefully help a lot, and as others have said it's good that he won't get picked for the Olympics now.

Now just to hope England don't get too far so all our players come back without injuries!
You don't think winning Euro 2012 (however unlikely it is) would benefit Liverpool by these guys coming back with a real spring in their step and a major medal?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:48:41 pm by thereader »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2012, 06:44:41 pm »
Fantastic for the lad.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2012, 06:46:10 pm »
Happy for the lad, shocked they've taken 5 of our lads to this! Just hope none of them get injured.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2012, 06:46:33 pm »
Everton defender Phil Neville on Twitter: "Big chance for Jordan Henderson worked with him in u'21's was very impressed level headed lad with good quality!"

Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere on Twitter: "But big congrats to Jordan Henderson....big chance for him!"
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline olllie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2012, 06:47:08 pm »
Happy for the lad, shocked they've taken 5 of our lads to this! Just hope none of them get injured.
At least we know where the media will look for scapegoats if England fail to reach reasonable heights in this tournament. Expect a dozen of "Roy + Liverpool = still not good enough" articles

Offline The Ghost of Titi Camara

• Main Stander
  • La gloria e la storia
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2012, 06:47:22 pm »
You don't think winning Euro 2012 (however unlikely it is) would benefit Liverpool by these guy coming back with a real spring in their step and a major medal?

You'd have to weigh that up against the Best Team In The World rhetoric we'd have to endure for the next 46 years. No thanks.
I do remember being sat in Off The Pitch four years ago being told I was doom-mongering about Hicks and Gillett. It's made me cautious: some of you sound positively Candide-esque in your refusal to keep a watching brief.

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2012, 06:49:34 pm »
You don't think winning Euro 2012 (however unlikely it is) would benefit Liverpool by these guys coming back with a real spring in their step and a major medal?
I'm trying to be realistic about their chances though, no chance of that happening. :P

But in all honesty, I have no idea how much of a positive effect it would have on them, and if it would outweigh the extra games (and lack of pre-season) they'd get.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2012, 06:49:58 pm »
At least we know where the media will look for scapegoats if England fail to reach reasonable heights in this tournament. Expect a dozen of "Roy + Liverpool = still not good enough" articles

Absolutely nailed on, regardless of where they end up going out!

Offline Ricardo C

• Kemlynite
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2012, 06:52:50 pm »
There are players like Witsel, Moutinho, Defour, and we keep spending this amount of money on this, lol. Even our right/left backs are mediocre and we could get cheap players who are a lot better than them. FFS, is it so difficult to sell Glen Johnson, José Enrique and Henderson and get decent young players like Danilo, Alex Sandro, Witsel and Iturbe?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 06:56:29 pm by Ricardo C »

Offline Alex7

• Kopite
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2012, 06:54:45 pm »
There are players like Witsel, Moutinho, Defour, and we keep spending this amount of money on this, lol.

Fuck right off.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #130 on: May 31, 2012, 06:54:49 pm »
Will be a good experience for him - but in all honesty - will he likely even make the substitute bench or  get on the field?
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: May 31, 2012, 06:55:08 pm »
Jordan Henderson will blossom under Rodgers imo. He, along with Lucas are arguably our best players in keeping possession.

This is what I'm looking forward to immensely. I think they will compliment each other that well, they'll be the first two on the team sheet. Our future.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 31, 2012, 06:55:33 pm »
Some of the slagging off of Henderson, when he has just got called up for his his country, in this thread is disgusting.

Offline gerrard88

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #133 on: May 31, 2012, 06:56:12 pm »
Hope he does well! Sick of seeing people slag him off! hope he proves them wrong

Good Luck Jordan Lad
Allez Allez Allez

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: May 31, 2012, 06:57:04 pm »
There are players like Witsel, Moutinho, Defour, and we keep spending this amount of money on this, lol. Even our right/left backs are mediocre and we could get cheap players who are a lot better than them. FFS, is it so difficult to sell Glen Johnson, José Enrique and Henderson and get decent young players like Danilo, Alex Sandro, Witsel and Iturbe?

Wum. Must be a wum.

Offline AlexL

• Main Stander
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #135 on: May 31, 2012, 06:57:49 pm »
Good luck Jordan. YNWA
You'll never walk alone

Offline The Ghost of Titi Camara

• Main Stander
  • La gloria e la storia
« Reply #136 on: May 31, 2012, 06:59:13 pm »
He is the most suited player to function in the 'Barry role' though. Plays in a similar way  retaining the ball and playing simple passes to the more gifted players. Think he can do a job for England in that role. Way better than the likes of Jones as a CM.

And people know I am not his biggest fan.

Perhaps marginally more useful than Jones in that position on the ball. Jones's most visibly potent attributes are his direct running with the ball (as a full back) or his late runs into the box (from centre mid). Jones does seem to get passed fairly easily in midfield though. In any case, it's the realm of least worst options.

I don't expect them to look too different to the friendly line-up, with Parker anchoring and Stevie roaming off wherever he pleases.
I do remember being sat in Off The Pitch four years ago being told I was doom-mongering about Hicks and Gillett. It's made me cautious: some of you sound positively Candide-esque in your refusal to keep a watching brief.

Offline timiano

• Flatlander
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 31, 2012, 06:59:23 pm »
Some of the slagging off of Henderson any Liverpool player, when he has just got called up for his his country, in this thread is disgusting.

:wave

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 31, 2012, 06:59:26 pm »

Take your Football Manager bullshit elsewhere.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 31, 2012, 06:59:34 pm »
He will be 1st choice in 4 years.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2012, 06:59:37 pm »
Great experience for him. Not sure he will feature too much but it won't do him any harm. People talk highly of Wiltshire and Cleverly but a few cameo appearances from Jordan in the summer will hopefully make a few people realise we have a little diamond in the rough.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2012, 06:59:58 pm »
Just what i was thinking Zeus. Some of you need to fucking get a grip and get behind the lad. How old is he ffs! He is still a kid.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2012, 07:01:02 pm »
Er what? As much as I dont rate Henderson right now, I do believe the lad has MASS potential, and being young has plenty of time to fulfil that. As for our full backs being mediocre, Im guessing your a manc in here on a wind up...if so, have a nice day love.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2012, 07:01:29 pm »
wheres that picture - 'haters gonna hate' ?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2012, 07:01:35 pm »
He is arguably better than Milner and defo better than Jones though.

Really?

I bet if Hodgson could do his stand by list again that Henderson wouldn't be on it.

The stand by list was : You lot have a future list.

Henderson won't make a difference to the England squad but good luck to him. Hopefully he will learn things and gain some bottle.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2012, 07:01:48 pm »
Made up for the lad

Offline Ricardo C

• Kemlynite
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2012, 07:02:27 pm »

Okay, you can save my post and wait for a few months or a year.

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #147 on: May 31, 2012, 07:02:39 pm »
Nice one J-Hendo. This'll be a great opportunity for him.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #148 on: May 31, 2012, 07:03:41 pm »
Good experience for the lad. He also has no Olympic duty now, so that's a bonus for us.

Still hoping England get thrashed though, of course.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #149 on: May 31, 2012, 07:06:30 pm »
Really?

I bet if Hodgson could do his stand by list again that Henderson wouldn't be on it.

Henderson won't make a difference to the England squad but good luck to him. Hopefully he will learn things and gain some bottle.

Why do you bother.
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Cesar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2012, 07:06:43 pm »

lay off the glue softlad

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2012, 07:06:58 pm »
Really?

Which will then hopefully coincide with you never entering another Jordan Hendeson thread on RAWK.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: May 31, 2012, 07:07:08 pm »

Glen's boss on FM.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 31, 2012, 07:08:39 pm »
Why do you bother.

Cause I wan't to see better from the lad.

I'm glad he is called up but those that say he deserves it need a word with themselves cause he is far for England quality let alone Liverpool quality.

Offline underscored

• Kemlynite
« Reply #154 on: May 31, 2012, 07:09:35 pm »
Thank god England now have a continental type cultured midfielder in the squad (hendo). Much better choice than Fat - long ball - Fwank!

Offline JACKO_LFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #155 on: May 31, 2012, 07:11:26 pm »
A fantastic opportunity for him. Have to say not been one of his greatest supporters this season but a good tournament for him out there will do wonders for his confidence and he'll come back a better player. Good luck Hendo!

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 31, 2012, 07:11:30 pm »
Cause I wan't to see better from the lad.

I'm glad he is called up but those that say he deserves it need a word with themselves cause he is far for England quality let alone Liverpool quality.

Has to be the most overused phrase on RAWK. No doubt I've used it before but the amount of times people have needed words with themselves or needed to have a quick look in the mirror over the past two weeks has to be some kind of record.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2012, 07:12:12 pm »
Will be a good experience for him - but in all honesty - will he likely even make the substitute bench or  get on the field?

We'll soon find out.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Live in the Now

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2012, 07:12:38 pm »
Really?

Other players like Carrick for example didn't want on it. Or were intended to play in the Olympics. Jordan belonged on the list and with Lampard and Barry gone, belonged in the team.

Offline SangPutride

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2012, 07:13:30 pm »
Made up for him, hopefully he'll get some game time.
you wouldn't be saying that if it was posted by Sangrinho Putrinada of Argentina.