Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 613793 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #3320 on: July 7, 2017, 11:18:26 pm »
Breaking: Knicks to sign Paul Pogba

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3321 on: July 7, 2017, 11:38:30 pm »
Hey, Phil might have spent $71million on Tim Hardaway Snr. Making progress here I'd say.

To be honest, Tim Hardaway Snr. was an awesome player in his prime. I loved watching the Warriors when Hardaway, Richmond and Mullin were there.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
  • The Glory round Anfield Road!
« Reply #3322 on: July 7, 2017, 11:56:27 pm »
Laughing stock of the NBA the New York Knicks.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3323 on: July 8, 2017, 11:19:58 am »
Congrats to Lonzo Ball on one of the worst basketball performances at any level in 2017.  ;D The only way is up at least!

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #3324 on: July 8, 2017, 12:37:06 pm »
Congrats to Lonzo Ball on one of the worst basketball performances at any level in 2017.  ;D The only way is up at least!

Is that how you saw it?
I was actually impressed by his debut. He's a natural playmaker that comes in a 6-5 frame with a deadly shot from outside, and bar the bad shooting night (chalk it up to nerves), his movement and teammate awareness was surprising. He's got a high basketball IQ, like a taller version of Rubio with extra quickness and a shooting threat. I think he'll do well with the Lakers.

He'll be dealing with the same sort of exposure+resentment that Lebron faced during his early career (still ongoing to be fair), so everyone will make a big deal over his bad shooting nights, and dismiss his good games. On another night he'd have made half of his threes and the post game commentary would have been so much different.

I'm rooting for him. And credit to his dad, he raised up a well mannered young man.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3325 on: July 8, 2017, 12:46:30 pm »
I thought he was dreadful yeah, terrible shooting, poor defensively and slow. I think he'll be excellent over the years, just quite amusing after all the hype.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #3326 on: July 8, 2017, 03:34:50 pm »
It's summer league, so always take with caution. That said, no idea why he feels the need to launch threes 3 feet behind the line. Needs to get real and step in some. Not sure if it's cockiness or him just adjusting for space because of his release. First season might be rough on him. He won't have much help with this Lakers team.

He also has to kill that jump pass. They are a bad move at any level of basketball.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3327 on: July 8, 2017, 04:17:19 pm »
It's summer league, so always take with caution. That said, no idea why he feels the need to launch threes 3 feet behind the line. Needs to get real and step in some. Not sure if it's cockiness or him just adjusting for space because of his release. First season might be rough on him. He won't have much help with this Lakers team.

He also has to kill that jump pass. They are a bad move at any level of basketball.

I watched the highlights, felt like he just needed to get some confidence, when he had the ball at first he was shitting himself. Genuinely some of his 3 point shooting was daft though, so far out players clearly guarding him.
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3328 on: July 10, 2017, 01:28:52 am »

No comment on his triple double in the following game?
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3329 on: July 10, 2017, 10:30:44 am »
No comment on his triple double in the following game?

Christ, aren't you a precious one. Did you miss the part where I said he'll be excellent?

I didn't deem a triple double with 4 turnovers and 11 points on 38% shooting worthy of wanking over. Soz.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3331 on: July 11, 2017, 02:57:54 pm »
https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2017/07/08/jayson-tatum-takes-over-sin-city-celtics-beat-lakers

Some of Taytums shots showed a lot of confidence, something Lonzo still hasn't shown. That buzzer 3 and that fade away jumper great highlight reel

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3332 on: July 12, 2017, 05:09:38 pm »
news update..

DeMarre Carroll: Raptors Have A Lot Of Guys Who Don't Trust Each Other

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Agrees To One-Year, $18M Deal With Lakers

Dewayne Dedmon Agrees To Two-Year, $14M Deal With Hawks

Cavaliers Agree To Three-Year, $8.3M Deal With Cedi Osman

Pelicans, Pistons Discuss Reggie Jackson Trade

Chris Paul Suggests Clippers Also Were Ready For Change

Anthony Tolliver, Pistons Agree Upon One-Year, $3.3M Deal

Nuggets Waive Mike Miller

Knicks Expected To Keep Steve Mills In President Job

Austin Rivers, Chris Paul Cleared Air Following Nepotism Report

Lakers Meet With Rajon Rondo

Brad Stevens Reached Out To Gordon Hayward's Parents During 2014 Free Agency

Rockets, Knicks Discussing Four-Team Carmelo Anthony Trade Scenarios

Ron Baker Agrees To Two-Year, $8.9M Deal With Knicks

Thunder Waiting On Russell Westbrook For Answer On Supermax Extension Offer

Steve Kerr: Kevin Durant Taking Less Money Reminiscent Of Tim Duncan

Celtics Playing In East Was Key Part Of Pitch To Gordon Hayward

Paul George Describes Interest In Lakers As 'Overstated'

Kevin Durant Endorsed Oklahoma City To Paul George

John Wall Addresses Recruitment Of Paul George, Possible Supermax Extension

Heat Included $5.1M In Josh McRoberts Trade With Mavericks

Ben Simmons Envisions Himself As 'Starting Point Guard'

Carmelo Anthony Confident He'll End Up With Rockets

Bucks Interested In Signing Ian Clark

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3333 on: July 13, 2017, 12:29:26 am »
news update..

Jazz still doing nothing to replace Hayward

That's all I see these days.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3334 on: July 13, 2017, 12:30:13 am »
How funny would it be if Melo and Harden were on the same team. The Rockets would average 140 points against per game.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3335 on: July 13, 2017, 12:56:22 am »
How funny would it be if Melo and Harden were on the same team. The Rockets would average 140 points against per game.

and would have no defense whatsoever.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3336 on: July 13, 2017, 01:04:33 am »

He is bad fit there imo, he will take a lot from Harden and CP3 unless he plays the 4 and doesn't play iso basketball.
Also, Mike D'Antoni has openly said that Melo got him fired in NY so this will be surprising.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3337 on: July 13, 2017, 01:29:16 am »
a Mike D'Antoni team will never win a chip. You can't win a chip without defense, and we all know D'Antoni doesn't do defense. Melo and D'Antoni were a horrible fit in New York, this is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3338 on: July 13, 2017, 06:48:48 am »
and would have no defense whatsoever.

That's what I said - note the word "against". ;) They'd average 130 points "for". i.e. a clusterfuck. Hope it happens.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3339 on: July 13, 2017, 08:41:39 am »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3340 on: July 13, 2017, 11:17:45 am »
I love KD but seriously get a grip!

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3341 on: July 13, 2017, 11:26:53 am »
As mentioned in the twitter feedback, his scowl was a put-on and he eventually had to cover his mouth to stop giving it away with a smile. Likewise Westbrook. Don't think he was genuinely annoyed.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3342 on: July 13, 2017, 11:35:51 am »
As mentioned in the twitter feedback, his scowl was a put-on and he eventually had to cover his mouth to stop giving it away with a smile. Likewise Westbrook. Don't think he was genuinely annoyed.

Ah fair enough, was thinking that's out of character for KD he's usually pretty chilled.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3343 on: July 13, 2017, 12:34:18 pm »
Lonzo Ball's statline yesterday: 36 points, 11 assists, 8 rebounds, and 5 steals.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3344 on: July 13, 2017, 02:27:35 pm »
Lonzo Ball's statline yesterday: 36 points, 11 assists, 8 rebounds, and 5 steals.

I love me some pass first points that can shoot the rock, and this kid is 6ft5. Like Ronda with a 3pt shot. Lakers have got themselves a general for the next decade, in an era where 6ft5 points have become combo guards. Only other unicorn in the league at this moment is KP, and I would love to see them both on the same team (in a Knicks uniform!)
Harks back to the Isiah Thomas an Stockton era when points excelled at both aspects.
Not seen too many pass first points this last half decade, and most tend to have given up on their shooting skills.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #3345 on: July 13, 2017, 06:21:59 pm »
I watched the game last night. His vision is great, especially for his age. In the fastbreak, he looks fantastic too. Half court sets...not so much. It will be interesting to see him against NBA level talent. Maybe 3 or 4 guys on that Sixers' roster are even G-League material.

His shot is still whack. I think he had a few airballs again. He also was having trouble with getting shots with space in the first half. Not totally convinced on his driving either. They didn't even attempt to defend him at some points last night. He isn't that great of a defender too.

It is going to be really refreshing to get guys like him and Simmons with some flair to their style. Dearly missed in the current game.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 07:45:23 pm by Romeo Sensini »

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3346 on: July 13, 2017, 07:29:55 pm »
s u m m e r l e a g u e

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3347 on: July 13, 2017, 07:35:51 pm »
s u m m e r l e a g u e

Thank fuck someone said that. Not sure if it is him or his dad I find him unlikeable. Maybe seeing him a bit more and if he can perform in the league and if I can get used to that fucking shot of his.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3348 on: July 13, 2017, 07:58:05 pm »
Thank fuck someone said that. Not sure if it is him or his dad I find him unlikeable. Maybe seeing him a bit more and if he can perform in the league and if I can get used to that fucking shot of his.

His dad is an asshole, but not because he's a media whore (and the media is a willing cock in return). He's an asshole because of how he handled himself whilst speaking about Kyrie's dead mother, and to a lesser extent, when speaking about LeBron's kids. Everything else was a media ploy to build up his son's reputation and get him to the Lakers. It's not like what he said about Kyrie's mother was unforgiveable (merely insensitive), but even if it was, I'm not invested enough to hate him. Colin Cowherd has said dumber things, Skip Bayless has said dumber things, and like LaVar, they're just media personalities with vested interests.

The kid's great but let's see how he does against proper NBA players. Smarter, more athletic defenders could really limit him.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3349 on: July 13, 2017, 10:59:34 pm »

Seems to have a good head on his shoulders, almost too calm and collected, but I've been impressed by his game and demeanor.
However, one of the worst shooting strokes I've seen. Not sure how his father didn't consider correcting it way back when. Still can't believe it goes in once he launches/swipes/slings one off. It's like the anti JR Smith shot, exactly how not to shoot the ball. Then again, Reggie Miller's shooting technique was as strange looking as they come, but he swished it more often than not and more often than anyone in history bar Allen.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3350 on: July 16, 2017, 10:46:09 am »
my countryman Furkan Korkmaz did really well for 76ers in the Vegas Summer League. Also watch out Cedi Osman.
People mocked Cavs when they signed him this summer but he will surprise many people.

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3351 on: July 17, 2017, 09:56:14 am »
Can't argue with the numbers Lonzo is putting up in the Summer League as Lakers advance to the final. GO ON THE LA.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3352 on: July 17, 2017, 06:20:21 pm »
Can't argue with the numbers Lonzo is putting up in the Summer League as Lakers advance to the final. GO ON THE LA.

Well, you can. The stuff he's good at, he's fucking insane, and he's one of the most talented passers I've ever seen. But his limitations in the halfcourt are very obvious, and moderately worrying, even for a rookie. They could probably be hid by complimentary players, like a combo guard that can penetrate.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:22:46 pm by Shaved Crossbar »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3353 on: July 17, 2017, 09:45:58 pm »
Rockets Placed For Sale By Leslie Alexander

Leslie Alexander has put the Houston Rockets up for sale in a surprise announcement.

Alexander purchased the Rockets in 1993 for $85 million and the franchise is now valued by Forbes at $1.65 billion.

The Rockets recently signed James Harden and Daryl Morey to extensions.

"It's been my great joy and honor to own the Houston Rockets for the past 24 years," Alexander said in a statement. "I've had the incredible opportunity to witness true greatness through the players and coaches who have won championships for the city, been named to All-Star and All-NBA teams, enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame, and done so much for our franchise and our fans.

"And the Houston community has been home to me; I will continue to support the charities I have made commitments to throughout the years. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the fans, partners, city officials and employees who care so deeply for this team.

"I've made this decision after much deliberation with my family and friends, and do so knowing the franchise is in great shape with the players, coaches and management team in place. CEO Tad Brown will oversee the sales process with the league office, supported by my management team."

-----------------------------

Surprised by this but i won't be surprised if they are sold for 2,5-3 billion.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:49:24 pm by elsewhere »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3354 on: July 17, 2017, 10:33:41 pm »
Celtics sign Paul Pierce so he can officially retire in green

Offline LFC_1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3355 on: July 18, 2017, 10:37:56 am »
Well, you can. The stuff he's good at, he's fucking insane, and he's one of the most talented passers I've ever seen. But his limitations in the halfcourt are very obvious, and moderately worrying, even for a rookie. They could probably be hid by complimentary players, like a combo guard that can penetrate.

Well yeah get what your saying but for me his good will outdo his bad. Deserved to be Summer League MVP.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3356 on: July 18, 2017, 01:35:57 pm »
Rockets Placed For Sale By Leslie Alexander

Leslie Alexander has put the Houston Rockets up for sale in a surprise announcement.

Alexander purchased the Rockets in 1993 for $85 million and the franchise is now valued by Forbes at $1.65 billion.

The Rockets recently signed James Harden and Daryl Morey to extensions.

"It's been my great joy and honor to own the Houston Rockets for the past 24 years," Alexander said in a statement. "I've had the incredible opportunity to witness true greatness through the players and coaches who have won championships for the city, been named to All-Star and All-NBA teams, enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame, and done so much for our franchise and our fans.

"And the Houston community has been home to me; I will continue to support the charities I have made commitments to throughout the years. I'll always have a special place in my heart for the fans, partners, city officials and employees who care so deeply for this team.

"I've made this decision after much deliberation with my family and friends, and do so knowing the franchise is in great shape with the players, coaches and management team in place. CEO Tad Brown will oversee the sales process with the league office, supported by my management team."

-----------------------------

Surprised by this but i won't be surprised if they are sold for 2,5-3 billion.

Ha!
Brings in Chris Paul to partner with Harden, and then realises that now would be the best time to cash in after he's persuaded Paul to come on board.
Very cunning.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3357 on: July 18, 2017, 02:14:09 pm »
Isn't he in his 80s?

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3358 on: July 18, 2017, 02:31:21 pm »
Isn't he in his 80s?

My bad.
Very cunning, and old.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3359 on: July 18, 2017, 02:51:51 pm »

Yeah, he's not going to carry a team, but could be an all-star at the same time.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him