Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3308366 times)

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #28960 on: February 29, 2024, 10:32:41 pm »
Virgil as player-manager when Klopp leaves  ;D

I think following it up with Van Dijk would have more respect than Lijnders in the dressing room was the real glacier cherry on top.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #28961 on: February 29, 2024, 10:32:58 pm »
Virgil as player-manager when Klopp leaves  ;D
I said this to a fella at work a couple of weeks ago, not long after Jürgen announced he was off. Thought it was a decent shout, but he just looked at me perplexed and told me to fuck off ;D

To be honest I thought, yeah what was I thinking!

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #28962 on: March 1, 2024, 01:03:58 am »
Virg as our player manager ? C'mon please is this a wind up ? Kenny had Paisley mentoring him for two seasons and if Klopp is genuinely going which I don't feel that he is then it's a deffo no .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28963 on: March 2, 2024, 11:37:11 pm »
Is there a way to listen to the first Footballing miracle shows?

This only goes back as far back as the fourth show. https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/category/podcast-2/football-miracles/page/2/

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28964 on: March 4, 2024, 01:49:51 pm »
Loved Atko "just fucking shut up" on Mondays show.

As for wild shouts about Virgil taking over as player manager, Aldo must read this and went further on the official club post match reaction saying Alisson wouldn't get in ahead of Kelleher currently

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28965 on: March 4, 2024, 01:54:13 pm »
Beth is a great recent addition to the line up.

Online Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28966 on: March 4, 2024, 04:46:33 pm »
Beth is a great recent addition to the line up.

Yeah, she's excellent. Josh Williams is another great addition in the last few months, one of my favourite contributors already.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28967 on: March 4, 2024, 07:02:41 pm »
Just listening to Neil blamming Jenas. The odd thing about that was he was on 5 Live not long after the final whistle and he was fairly calm, and mentioned more how Forest had themselves to blame for missing chances etc. he’d been watching the games live so it’s not like he couldn’t have been aware of the drop ball. Don’t know what happened between 5pm and MOtD starting but he either developed a strip about it, or they had a wider discussion about making it into a big deal.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #28968 on: March 4, 2024, 07:06:07 pm »
Ok, I totally disagree with Sean Rogers about shooting practice.

You can practice it when players are fresh. But then you aren't practicing what actually happens in games.

Practicing in the most similar environment and condition to a match will have the biggest impact.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 08:55:59 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28969 on: March 4, 2024, 07:33:14 pm »
Just listening to Neil blamming Jenas. The odd thing about that was he was on 5 Live not long after the final whistle and he was fairly calm, and mentioned more how Forest had themselves to blame for missing chances etc. he’d been watching the games live so it’s not like he couldn’t have been aware of the drop ball. Don’t know what happened between 5pm and MOtD starting but he either developed a strip about it, or they had a wider discussion about making it into a big deal.

Did he keep his clothes on?

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28970 on: March 5, 2024, 07:28:19 am »
Absolutely superb Forest needle from Neil on the free show. Love it.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28971 on: March 5, 2024, 01:51:09 pm »
Absolutely superb Forest needle from Neil on the free show. Love it.
Yep. Was quite funny.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28972 on: March 5, 2024, 10:43:10 pm »
Yep. Was quite funny.

And having finally listened to it now, he was even better on the Weekend.

That stuff with Forest/Clattenburg and the media coverage of it was genuinely bizarre and I think it's great and actually very important that TAW acts as a voice of sense for LFC fans and properly calls this shit out. What happened with Clattenburg and on the likes of BBC and the Guardian was gaslighting, plain and simple, and it's reassuring and enjoyable to hear when TAW talks sense and puts that shit in its place.

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #28973 on: March 6, 2024, 09:31:37 am »
And having finally listened to it now, he was even better on the Weekend.

That stuff with Forest/Clattenburg and the media coverage of it was genuinely bizarre and I think it's great and actually very important that TAW acts as a voice of sense for LFC fans and properly calls this shit out. What happened with Clattenburg and on the likes of BBC and the Guardian was gaslighting, plain and simple, and it's reassuring and enjoyable to hear when TAW talks sense and puts that shit in its place.

You are being kind and thank you for it but this is where we differ.

I haven't called it out. Calling it out would be doing it on the BBC or on The Guardian. Preaching to the converted every now and again is fun and fine but it is exactly that. So while I got to vent a bit and you may have enjoyed it, it isn't important in the slightest.

Had someone got me on the BBC I would have said something similar but they don't ask people like me on matters like that because I will say things like that.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28974 on: March 6, 2024, 01:55:11 pm »
Yeah, she's excellent. Josh Williams is another great addition in the last few months, one of my favourite contributors already.

Correct on both counts.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28975 on: March 8, 2024, 08:42:07 am »
Christ Rob had a drink.

Kelleher is a great goalkeeper, it's not a slight on him, but show the holy goalie some respect

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28976 on: March 8, 2024, 08:43:29 am »
Christ Rob had a drink.

Kelleher is a great goalkeeper, it's not a slight on him, but show the holy goalie some respect

:lmao I remember after we won away at Porto in the group stages a couple of years ago he described Henderson as the best midfielder in the world.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #28977 on: March 8, 2024, 09:58:26 am »
A great pink given it was possibly the least important game we've had in while

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #28978 on: March 8, 2024, 10:34:39 am »
Christ Rob had a drink.

:D

Got the impression Steve and Neil know how to handle him after a few! All good fun though. Like all of us, at least one eye was on Sunday.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #28979 on: March 8, 2024, 01:36:45 pm »
Is there no Friday show this week, or is it coming later/tomorrow?

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28980 on: March 9, 2024, 11:25:46 am »
I thought the Friday night was brilliant. I had my first nervous pang Friday morning, and my personal life has gone to shit, so I was really happy to share my Friday night with some positive, bullish fellow Reds. Thank you.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28981 on: March 10, 2024, 08:51:54 pm »
I feel Neil owes Endo a massive apologue.  :lmao
He was superb.

Offline ewok-red-97

• Main Stander
  • go easy, step lightly, stay free
« Reply #28982 on: March 10, 2024, 09:12:26 pm »
Anyone found that AFQ Clare Balding episode?

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28983 on: March 11, 2024, 03:50:59 am »

Agree on both. The two of them are analytical and speak well. Not as crazy about some others (well, one) who have popped up on a lot of shows lately, but Josh and Beth are superb.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 04:38:10 am by decosabute »

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28984 on: March 11, 2024, 03:53:19 am »
You are being kind and thank you for it but this is where we differ.

I haven't called it out. Calling it out would be doing it on the BBC or on The Guardian. Preaching to the converted every now and again is fun and fine but it is exactly that. So while I got to vent a bit and you may have enjoyed it, it isn't important in the slightest.

Had someone got me on the BBC I would have said something similar but they don't ask people like me on matters like that because I will say things like that.

Well, I'm glad for it anyway, and hope you keep speaking truth to bullshit on TAW - speaking for myself (but I think others too), I need that and commend you for it.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #28985 on: March 11, 2024, 09:27:21 pm »
Been going to the Flat Iron before games for a good while and I think Gibbo’s mention of it on the Matchday Diary is possibly the first time it’s ever been mentioned on TAW. Nice little boozer.

Offline Schmohawk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28986 on: March 12, 2024, 02:41:57 pm »
I hope we get an emergency Gutter regarding the Edwards news.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28987 on: March 12, 2024, 02:44:03 pm »
Been going to the Flat Iron before games for a good while and I think Gibbo’s mention of it on the Matchday Diary is possibly the first time it’s ever been mentioned on TAW. Nice little boozer.

It's a mad gaff

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #28988 on: March 12, 2024, 02:51:38 pm »
It's a mad gaff
Is a bit but I enjoy it for a pint.

Offline Learpholl

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28989 on: March 13, 2024, 08:35:17 am »
Ken Early back on, brilliant.

Offline Woody Boyd

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #28990 on: March 13, 2024, 12:54:02 pm »
Anyone found that AFQ Clare Balding episode?

I think its this one, Kev Walsh tweeted it after last weeks one.
https://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2019/06/afq-big-green-egg/

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #28991 on: March 13, 2024, 07:14:01 pm »
I thought the Friday night was brilliant. I had my first nervous pang Friday morning, and my personal life has gone to shit, so I was really happy to share my Friday night with some positive, bullish fellow Reds. Thank you.

Hope things pick up for you soon mate. I had that last season, we were diabolical for periods as well so wasn't even like it provided any respite. Things a bit better and calmer for me now which has also coincided with this season building up. Always a distraction.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28992 on: March 14, 2024, 03:41:14 pm »
Ken Early back on, brilliant.

As someone who's been critical of Ken and stopped listening to Second Captains cos of their unwillingness to discuss or be critical of Man City etc., I was very glad to hear him as the only mainstream media voice calling out the Michael Oliver/UAE situation.

I still find it mad that this even happened in the first place back in the Autumn, but that it can then not be explained away, and the same fella who gets paid for work by City's owners can ref their biggest game of the season months later, is frankly insane.

Fair play to Ken for not holding back about the absurdity of it. Can't believe more aren't even mentioning it.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28993 on: March 14, 2024, 04:11:37 pm »
Adam Smiths pronunciation of Konate has always irked me. Like your old man's mate who decided Smicer was pronounced "Smirker"

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #28994 on: March 14, 2024, 04:15:49 pm »
Adam Smiths pronunciation of Konate has always irked me. Like your old man's mate who decided Smicer was pronounced "Smirker"

Alisson as Ali-Son (like the Spurs player) does me.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28995 on: March 14, 2024, 05:30:16 pm »
As someone who's been critical of Ken and stopped listening to Second Captains cos of their unwillingness to discuss or be critical of Man City etc., I was very glad to hear him as the only mainstream media voice calling out the Michael Oliver/UAE situation.

I still find it mad that this even happened in the first place back in the Autumn, but that it can then not be explained away, and the same fella who gets paid for work by City's owners can ref their biggest game of the season months later, is frankly insane.

Fair play to Ken for not holding back about the absurdity of it. Can't believe more aren't even mentioning it.

Yeah it was a great show, a great conversation. The absurdity of it is maddening. The guy who doesn't give big decisions against Man City is paid by the same guys who own Man City. Not mentioned.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28996 on: March 14, 2024, 05:42:44 pm »
Yeah it was a great show, a great conversation. The absurdity of it is maddening. The guy who doesn't give big decisions against Man City is paid by the same guys who own Man City. Not mentioned.

I feel like with some shit happening in football right now, if you went back and said it to people even five years ago, they wouldn't believe you. It's mental. And seemingly almost no one sees/wants to see the bizarre conflict of interest. Constantly feel like I'm in crazy town with the way football is covered by 95% of the media.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #28997 on: March 15, 2024, 03:10:05 am »

I had a mates dad round ours for the City game at the weekend.

It is very fair to say that he struggles somewhat with the pronunciation of Szoboszlai.

"Sobslob".

Didn't quite know whether to laugh or cry.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28998 on: March 15, 2024, 08:18:23 am »
Robbo on the video pink  :scarf

Offline zadian007

• Kemlynite
« Reply #28999 on: March 15, 2024, 03:39:17 pm »

It’s like I’m the only one who listened to the show with the journalist who told Josh how to pronounce it with the accent over the e…😂