Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 211185 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #3200 on: July 16, 2023, 04:14:23 pm »
Tried, Oxygen Not Included, after watching a speedrunner destroy it on super mental difficult mode.....

It's an amazing game but the depth and complexity is wild! Have no background in these resource management games so was a bit overwhelmed. After not looking at the clock for 6 hours...everyone was dead ;D ;D ;D

Will no doubt give it several more tries in the future once I'm over the passing of my entire crew ;D ;D ;D ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wcLayGm_pM4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wcLayGm_pM4</a>

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #3201 on: July 16, 2023, 08:29:47 pm »
It's a pretty complex game and really fun, too. Only issue I have with those kinds of games is, that they get even more complex further in and for me that's often where I lose interest. I'm trying to play a game and not getting an engineering, chemistry or physics degree.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3202 on: July 19, 2023, 11:18:17 pm »
So, I'm always years behind...

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds (expansion game), having played ZD through 2021/22. I've faffed about on other bits over recent years (the Tomb Raider trilogy, Ratchet & Clank, the Crash and Spyro trilogies, and a replay of the Last of Us remaster) but - with some time off this week & next - I've just started Red Dead Redemption II.

Wow, this is amazing - the world in it is fantastic (I think I'm towards the very end of chapter two) and I'm really enjoying the depth of the game. Even just enjoying knocking about with the binoculars, seeing which animals I can spot mooching by the river ;D

Got Death Stranding, Horizon Forbidden West, and the Last of Us ptII all ready to go on disc, so need to crack on...!

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3203 on: July 19, 2023, 11:21:07 pm »

Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn: The Frozen Wilds (expansion game), having played ZD through 2021/22. I've faffed about on other bits over recent years (the Tomb Raider trilogy, Ratchet & Clank, the Crash and Spyro trilogies, and a replay of the Last of Us remaster) but - with some time off this week & next - I've just started Red Dead Redemption II.

Wow, this is amazing - the world in it is fantastic (I think I'm towards the very end of chapter two) and I'm really enjoying the depth of the game. Even just enjoying knocking about with the binoculars, seeing which animals I can spot mooching by the river ;D

Got Death Stranding, Horizon Forbidden West, and the Last of Us ptII all ready to go on disc, so need to crack on...!

Take your time. Chapters 2 and 3 are probably the most enjoyable.

And get all the satchel upgrades too. The final one lets you carry 99 of things which is very useful

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3204 on: July 20, 2023, 11:52:15 am »

I want to get through HZD too (gotten the game for free twice now) but the rumors of a potential remaster/remake are making me wait
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #3205 on: July 20, 2023, 12:44:57 pm »
I want to get through HZD too (gotten the game for free twice now) but the rumors of a potential remaster/remake are making me wait

ignore rumours.

I mean why would they do that? they might do, eventually, once they've made and released part 3. but that won't be for years.

get playing.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #3206 on: July 20, 2023, 01:25:04 pm »

ignore rumours.

I mean why would they do that? they might do, eventually, once they've made and released part 3. but that won't be for years.

get playing.

I agree - crack on.

I've yet to play the second game (Forbidden West) but am looking forward to playing that as it'll have all of the PS5 quality that the PS5-native first game (Zero Dawn) didn't have. Alternatively, you could stuck in a cycle waiting for a potential PS5 remaster of ZD, and then waiting for a potential PS6 remaster of FW!

I've not dabbled much in many games native to the current generation (maybe just GT7 actually), and so I'm enjoying the step-up in quality that some of the later games from the previous generation (Zero Dawn, RDRII, etc) seem to have been able to adopt compared to earlier releases.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #3207 on: July 20, 2023, 03:49:51 pm »
Very temped by Arcade Paradise, for a tenner looks a nice little game!

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #3208 on: July 20, 2023, 04:44:03 pm »
Mainly - Switch: Super Smash Brothers with the missus once the little ones asleep.
Then whenever i get a spare hour or so -
Xbox: Red Dead 2
PS4: Ace Combat 7
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3209 on: July 22, 2023, 02:20:28 pm »
I went back to play some OG MW2 MP as the servers are fixed on Xbox. After all the moaning about recently released COD's and how they slowed down the gameplay (which I kind of agree with but don't mind) I thought I'd see how the older ones faired.

Just completely not how I remembered them! They used to feel fluid but honestly what I experienced was wooden movement, felt like input lag, limited to 80fov and 60 frames. Everything felt super zoomed in and blurry especially when ADS'ing

Might be different on PC but I uninstalled that shit pronto.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3210 on: July 23, 2023, 12:02:47 am »
Very temped by Arcade Paradise, for a tenner looks a nice little game!
Isn't it a tenner then you pay more for every other game?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3211 on: July 23, 2023, 12:03:34 am »
I went back to play some OG MW2 MP as the servers are fixed on Xbox. After all the moaning about recently released COD's and how they slowed down the gameplay (which I kind of agree with but don't mind) I thought I'd see how the older ones faired.

Just completely not how I remembered them! They used to feel fluid but honestly what I experienced was wooden movement, felt like input lag, limited to 80fov and 60 frames. Everything felt super zoomed in and blurry especially when ADS'ing

Might be different on PC but I uninstalled that shit pronto.
Me too, the FOV knocked me out of whack completely.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3212 on: July 23, 2023, 12:28:30 am »
Just finished FF16, felt like it was just the right length as I was starting to get a little burned out on side quests by the end, but overall I thought it was a great game and I was surprised I enjoyed the combat as much as I did.

Decided to give the original FF7 a try with some mods next, mostly upscaling background textures and improving the character models and framerate. Nothing outrageous but it does make it look a bit nicer. I set it up today just to see what the mods looked like and ended up playing for about 5 hours so I guess I'll be playing this for a bit now!

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3213 on: July 23, 2023, 12:40:10 am »
Just finished FF16, felt like it was just the right length as I was starting to get a little burned out on side quests by the end, but overall I thought it was a great game and I was surprised I enjoyed the combat as much as I did.
I wonder how long till it lands on PC, the exclusivity is normally a year, so probs Jun-24. I'll have probably forgotten all about it by then ;D

Another one I feel like I've been waiting on for years (and it has been literal years, was first announced in 2017 ;D ;D ;D), releases in Sep-23, so just a couple of months left. I really hope that it doesn't end up just being a Doom clone, which in isolation would be no bad thing, but am hoping for a more original experience.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/q9o3wkhQSik" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/q9o3wkhQSik</a>

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3214 on: July 24, 2023, 12:20:59 pm »
Played Black OPs 2 for a couple of hours, still an enjoyable arcade style multiplayer, prefer it to the modern games in a lot of ways.  Bought Modern Warfare 2 (original) at the same time, Ill give that a blitz later.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3215 on: July 24, 2023, 01:32:17 pm »
I wonder how long till it lands on PC, the exclusivity is normally a year, so probs Jun-24. I'll have probably forgotten all about it by then ;D

Another one I feel like I've been waiting on for years (and it has been literal years, was first announced in 2017 ;D ;D ;D), releases in Sep-23, so just a couple of months left. I really hope that it doesn't end up just being a Doom clone, which in isolation would be no bad thing, but am hoping for a more original experience.

Yeah it seems like Sony have realised there's plenty of money to be made by releasing everything on PC now, I think DLC is coming too so I'm guessing it'll all drop at once.

Hadn't heard of Witchfire before but I remember enjoying Painkiller back in the day, looks like it could be decent!

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3216 on: July 24, 2023, 11:42:16 pm »
Bought an Xbox ONE the other day and downloaded all the old CODs as they have made the public lobbies playable again. PURE NOSTALGIA!
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3217 on: July 25, 2023, 03:21:01 am »
Been playing Deathloop in the last week. Had a very steep curve in terms of learning what the deal is, and also 'getting it', but now I'm quite liking it. Switched off the online element for a bit, but probably gonna put it on soon in case it gets too easy/low stakes

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3218 on: July 25, 2023, 06:29:56 am »
Bought an Xbox ONE the other day and downloaded all the old CODs as they have made the public lobbies playable again. PURE NOSTALGIA!

Hackers galore.  If you get into a lobby without a hacker it's really good fun though.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3219 on: July 31, 2023, 09:11:17 pm »
Remnant 2 is pretty cool, IGN called it Dark Souls with guns, while that's a good description it isn't quite as special as those games, really recommend it though.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3220 on: July 31, 2023, 11:28:39 pm »
Tried to play some Battlefield 2042 or whatever it's called and I have to say those progression systems in all those games are way too complicated for me. No idea what those are all about whether it's in this or in the CoD things...

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #3221 on: July 31, 2023, 11:46:57 pm »
Got the PSVR2 on Sunday

Christ its fucking amazing
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3222 on: August 1, 2023, 05:34:55 am »
Remnant 2 is pretty cool, IGN called it Dark Souls with guns, while that's a good description it isn't quite as special as those games, really recommend it though.
Got it as a birthday gift, enjoying it so far
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3223 on: August 1, 2023, 09:07:18 am »
Deadspace (RM) and Atomic Heart discounted on steam at the minute.....£35ish

Will wait for both to drop further, I really want to play them but another 6 months and they'll probs be £20.

Anyone given either a go?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3224 on: August 1, 2023, 11:53:28 am »
Been playing Deathloop in the last week. Had a very steep curve in terms of learning what the deal is, and also 'getting it', but now I'm quite liking it. Switched off the online element for a bit, but probably gonna put it on soon in case it gets too easy/low stakes
I found I got quite into this in the end, but then I completed one full loop (and found there are choices of different endings) and realised I didn't really have the desire to continue anymore.

Doesn't quite have that same addictive element of 'live die repeat' games i've enjoyed recent (eg Hades and Returnal), but the gameplay was very good (wasn't too arsed about the story), and i'd probably revisit if they were to make a sequel

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3225 on: August 3, 2023, 02:44:53 am »
A work mate has started playing Hunt:Showdown and told me to get it. Finally, an online multiplayer shooter I'm not completely shite at... ;)

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #3226 on: August 3, 2023, 11:14:17 am »
Always watch the likes of JackFrags and Two Angry Gamers playing that, looks like an excellent shooter. Think I’m at the stage of preferring to watch other play these competitive games though.
AHA!

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #3227 on: August 3, 2023, 11:52:53 am »
A work mate has started playing Hunt:Showdown and told me to get it. Finally, an online multiplayer shooter I'm not completely shite at... ;)

Looks fun, Stoa. Might check it out for Xbox.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3228 on: August 3, 2023, 12:05:20 pm »
Ah nice, is it catered to the 0-9 age group?

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3229 on: August 6, 2023, 03:08:14 am »
Started Inscryption and it's instantly got me extremely addicted. Bit like the card game in Witcher 3 (is it Gwent?), but with horror style elements. I was told th less I knw the better, so haven't looked into it much, so would pass that recommendation on too!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3230 on: August 6, 2023, 07:04:06 am »
I haven’t really played another game since Disco Elysium.

I still think about that game at random times.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3231 on: August 6, 2023, 01:40:22 pm »
Did anyone get on the Payday 3 beta?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vaoFofN1NgI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vaoFofN1NgI</a>

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3232 on: August 6, 2023, 06:27:43 pm »
Started Inscryption and it's instantly got me extremely addicted. Bit like the card game in Witcher 3 (is it Gwent?), but with horror style elements. I was told th less I knw the better, so haven't looked into it much, so would pass that recommendation on too!

Unpopular opinion, I know

But Gwent was the only thing I enjoyed about Witcher 3.  Will check this out.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3233 on: August 7, 2023, 10:17:37 am »
Baldur's Gate 3 has given me (so far) one of the best mini side quest that I have ever stumbled on since GTA5's "No Happy Endings" scene. I bow to you, Borislav Slavov. 
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Schmidt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3234 on: August 7, 2023, 10:21:34 am »
Finished FF7 and decided to give FF8 a try, on PS5 this time. It's not quite as good as I remember (the magic system is pretty tedious and kind of backwards) but it's still better than a lot of modern games, and Triple Triad is still a great card game.

I've also been playing Dave the Diver on PC, an indie game where you spend the day diving for fish/sharks/loot/quests and spend the evening managing a sushi restaurant. It's surprisingly deep (no pun intended), every time I think I've unlocked all of the mechanics the game has to offer something new appears. Not one to spend all day playing I'd say but it's one of those games that's good for 30 minutes or a couple of hours here and there.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3235 on: August 8, 2023, 03:09:40 pm »
Nearly finished Far Cry 5 on the PS5 (wrapping up the last few side missions, before finishing doing the last story mission), and Yakuza: Like a Dragon on the SteamDeck. 

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3236 on: August 8, 2023, 03:38:15 pm »
Been playing Dishonoured, definitely my type of game though graphics pretty outdated. Feels like a mix between skyrim and Fallout. Enjoying it. Is the second one worth playing too?

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #3237 on: August 8, 2023, 07:49:18 pm »
Nearly finished Far Cry 5 on the PS5 (wrapping up the last few side missions, before finishing doing the last story mission), and Yakuza: Like a Dragon on the SteamDeck. 
Absolutely loved Far Cry 5. What do you think of it?

Dying to play FC6 but just have too many games on my list.

Started Atomic Heart yesterday. Let's see how that goes.

Mates sending me up his copy of Jedi Survivor. Will probably start that if AH doesn't pull me in.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3238 on: August 8, 2023, 09:31:14 pm »
Just completed FF7R again, such a cracking reimagining of the first part of the original.

All the hype around Baldurs Gate has got me thinking to pre order it, it's got the ninth highest concurrent players of all time on steam, it's shot to the top of PSN pre-orders. I did buy Divinity Original Sin 2 a while back on steam but never got that far into it, so think that'll be the next one to revisit.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3239 on: August 9, 2023, 01:47:35 pm »
Absolutely loved Far Cry 5. What do you think of it?

Dying to play FC6 but just have too many games on my list.

Started Atomic Heart yesterday. Let's see how that goes.

Mates sending me up his copy of Jedi Survivor. Will probably start that if AH doesn't pull me in.
Far Cry 6 isn't as good, has a very bizarre system where you've to use certain ammo against certain enemies, which is stupid and annoying.

Atomic Heart I played for a while on GamePass, the opening sequence at the start is incredible looking, but the rest of the game doesn't live up to it, in atmosphere or scale, it's also very difficult, one enemy type in particular is like the Robert Patrick Terminator, that is almost impossible to kill yet follows you to the end of the Earth, the protagonist is also shite, with crap dialogue.